- Jacob Borg wins the Citroen DS3
- Mike Baird now 44th NSW Premier
- Gary O'Callaghan on Talk Back Radio
- If those were my kids, I'd...
- Barry O'Farrell takes to Twitter
- Have you met the royal couple?
- Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks?
- Looking back on O'Farrell the man
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alan J on Mike Baird set to become Premier Barry appeared spooked? Why did he panic? more
- Tangled Web on No alternative but for Barry to resign? @Shaun...Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever ... more
- Harry on Would you like us to be a republic? @adriano you sound a little confused, don't let the facts get in your way. The IMF have directed bankrupt England to print ... more
- Tangled Web on Mike Baird set to become Premier Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever receiving ... more
- adriano on Would you like us to be a republic? Harry is the most popular uk name mohammed is only number 19.Also steve you are wrong about the UK economy.It will rise by ... more
- David on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Barry did the right thing to resign, but given the timing of the events surrounding the bottle delivery, anyone could have ... more
- davo on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Of course they like australia .WE HAVE FOOTED THE BILL for their trip! more
- Samuel J on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I believe O'Farrell had a genuine memory lapse! And his ambushing by Watson SC of ICAC has not proven corruption either on ... more
- Shaun on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Premier O'Farrel deserves a second chance. Why don't we bring him back? more
- Robert on Have you lost faith in politicians? Lost faith?! Are you joking?!I stopped voting years ago. I hand in informal votes.Once you find out about the new world ... more
- Robert on Would you like us to be a republic? A Republic yes but DONT change the flag. more
- Tangled Web on Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed? Apparently our movers & shakers want a cashless society? What happens when the whole system crashes? It would be chaotic ... more
- Cleangirl on Would you like us to be a republic? Can ANYONE name a Republic or republic model better than what we have ? Do we choose from any of the African models ? or ... more
- Angela Coombes on Have you lost faith in politicians? Well this Robertson joker has not got the credentials to give advice - given the record of his utterly failed, absolutely ... more
- Julie on Pension age to be lifted to 70? The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Julie on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Angela Coombes on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation @Jaydee you are 1000% correct. However, I believe in the case of O'Farrell he would have received gifts on his appointment ... more
- Athol on No alternative but for Barry to resign? I can see little old wine drinker Barry, being gifted a very lucrative cushy job aboard Tony Abbott's hasty new airport ... more
- Konrad H. on Have you lost faith in politicians? Iffy Barry O'Farrell is apparently no good, however iffy John Robertson is arguably even worse. Hypocrite Robertson is ... more
- Sam on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Affection for Australia? How nice! But I hope they don't have that very same affection that they were supposed to have for ... more
$10,000 'welcome packs' for refugees?
Asylum seekers are being placed into community homes with $10,000 worth of electrical goods each, and the government says we need to do it as a duty of care. Jason Morrison on duty of care for our own community.
David Oldfield speaks with Immigration Minister Chris Bowen about the $10,000 goodie packages reported to be given to asylum seekers arriving in Australia. Are the reports exaggerated by media hype?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Its a big world out there, as you said, is all the more reason to protect ourselves from it. You obviously dont live near these people who come by boat. If you care about them so much then YOU take them in and YOU can pay their way. You also mentioned human rights yet you dont know what it really means. Human Rights = No rights for Whites. Wake Up.Robert Monday 20 February, 2012 - 10:19 AM
Terrence, your just a goon sport!Peter B Monday 20 February, 2012 - 8:04 AM
The only thing wcan be sure Phony Abott will stop is "using his head". He has already started the process by outsourcing much of the thinking to 2UE with some help from the LIEberal goons sleeping over at 2UE.Terrence Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 10:56 PM
I am a young Australian. I work hard and I pay tax. Could I please be offered this starter pack, as I just recently started my family and I can't afford all these stuff. As a matter of fact, I am renting a room of a two-bedroom flat and sharing with another young family. Can my government look after me rather than illegal people for a while?Ruby Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 10:35 AM
This is such rubbish! Many of the people in community detention HAVE been found to be refugees and are awaiting security clearance.
The very basic household items supplied remain the property of DIAC and Red Cross and remain in the housing which is not public housing. The allowance is not equivalent to any allowance available to Australian residents and detainees pay all other bills.
Asylum seekers are NOT illegal. If they were they would be able to be removed immediately.
If you don't want asylum seekers to be detained in this less expensive way, you should urge the govt to process asylum claims more quickly. If the reason you don't want asylum seekers here is because you are an ignorant xenophobe with no clue about human rights or your own countries laws...then maybe you need to get real and get over yourself. It's a big world out there, asylum seekers are a very big part of it.Sara Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 1:33 AM
Lorraine; disturbingly you are bigoted towards true, hardworking Australians who the majority definitely do not want these lazy, disingenuous gate-crashing boat-people barging their way through our back door while we are asleep. Liberal will stop the boats once again! You are very silly and obviously failed basic arithmetic. Go to work, get a real job and pay lots of tax. Then you might grow-up and have some respect for good hardworking battling Aussies. Who are merely trying to save their country from this lying deceiving rabble, invading Australia?? Bye the bye, slime green Labor's fraudulent man made global warming hoax, Labor's carbon dioxide tax scam is well and truly kaput! SAYONARA...Jacinta Saturday 18 February, 2012 - 9:55 PM