- Ban the burqa in parliament house?
- Burqa ban only for parliament house?
- More hotspots for Wi Fi in Sydney
- Who will win the NRL Grand Final?
- Should we extend daylight saving?
- Fuel theft adding to petrol costs
- Do you like Daylight Saving?
- Nominate the worst road in Sydney
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- WHEN IN ROME... on Ban the burqa in parliament house? For very good reason France banned the burqa and the the European Court of Human Rights agreed! We will one day do the same, ... more
- peter on More hotspots for Wi Fi in Sydney yep more access to your computer , they need everyone connectednow would be the time to put tape over your camera and cover ... more
- Tejas on Nominate the worst road in Sydney All roads that have awkward placed drain holes. Seriously. Instead of being right in the middle of the lane or right on the ... more
- Cleangirl on Ban the burqa in parliament house? Natasha Stott-Despoja thinks it`s ok, argues that it`s ok, so we know it`s a loopy idea to let people wear full face ... more
- Sam on Nominate the worst road in Sydney Pennant Hills Rd by far. So frustrating when your exiting the M1 & then have to sit in bumper to bumper traffic until you ... more
- peter on Ban the burqa in parliament house? if it is not good enough for parliament it is not good enough for our streets where most australians are why protect the ... more
- Marge on Burqa ban only for parliament house? We already have laws which dictate what is acceptable attire to be worn in public in this country. For example it is against ... more
- Jo on Burqa ban only for parliament house? So PM Tony Abbott thinks it should be banned in Parliament but not in a bank or the footie or any large gathering of ... more
- Jester4212 on Burqa ban only for parliament house? It should extend to anywhere where facial recognition is or may be required (like a bank). Exactly like people with hoodies ... more
- By Jingo on Burqa ban only for parliament house? No fear campaign . Just trying to keep us Aussies safe and give us a better place to live . Now the majority agree with that ... more
- James on Burqa ban only for parliament house? Criminal Ned Kelly wore a burqa and that didn't end well. Psychology maintains that an important part of human interaction ... more
- COMMON SENSE... on Burqa ban only for parliament house? You can't wear a motor cycle helmet into Parliament House so what's the difference . No burqa, no balaclava, no helmets, no ... more
- michael mazur on Lives lost serving the community What i got from that is that you don't pursue a hoon, just get his number, if you can't, too bad, as it won't be the just ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should we present our ID to vote? Our current shabbily abused electoral process clearly needs major reform. It is essential that we provide appropriate ... more
- James W on Nominate the worst road in Sydney The one heading north. Queenslander!!!! more
- Ben on Should we present our ID to vote? What ID?? more
- Cleangirl on Terrorism: why we shouldn't panic Yes we are fortunate most are not devout. more
- Craig on Should we present our ID to vote? It is the people who count them that we should be watching, google the latest Scottish vote and see what you think! more
- Join the Q Society on Drivers oblivious to their surrounds Most drivers are also oblivious to the road rules!http://www.youtube.com/dashcam55 more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Terrorism: why we shouldn't panic We shouldn't panic, because US President Obama last week said that "islam teaches peace"? more
$10,000 'welcome packs' for refugees?
Asylum seekers are being placed into community homes with $10,000 worth of electrical goods each, and the government says we need to do it as a duty of care. Jason Morrison on duty of care for our own community.
David Oldfield speaks with Immigration Minister Chris Bowen about the $10,000 goodie packages reported to be given to asylum seekers arriving in Australia. Are the reports exaggerated by media hype?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Its a big world out there, as you said, is all the more reason to protect ourselves from it. You obviously dont live near these people who come by boat. If you care about them so much then YOU take them in and YOU can pay their way. You also mentioned human rights yet you dont know what it really means. Human Rights = No rights for Whites. Wake Up.Robert Monday 20 February, 2012 - 10:19 AM
Terrence, your just a goon sport!Peter B Monday 20 February, 2012 - 8:04 AM
The only thing wcan be sure Phony Abott will stop is "using his head". He has already started the process by outsourcing much of the thinking to 2UE with some help from the LIEberal goons sleeping over at 2UE.Terrence Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 10:56 PM
I am a young Australian. I work hard and I pay tax. Could I please be offered this starter pack, as I just recently started my family and I can't afford all these stuff. As a matter of fact, I am renting a room of a two-bedroom flat and sharing with another young family. Can my government look after me rather than illegal people for a while?Ruby Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 10:35 AM
This is such rubbish! Many of the people in community detention HAVE been found to be refugees and are awaiting security clearance.
The very basic household items supplied remain the property of DIAC and Red Cross and remain in the housing which is not public housing. The allowance is not equivalent to any allowance available to Australian residents and detainees pay all other bills.
Asylum seekers are NOT illegal. If they were they would be able to be removed immediately.
If you don't want asylum seekers to be detained in this less expensive way, you should urge the govt to process asylum claims more quickly. If the reason you don't want asylum seekers here is because you are an ignorant xenophobe with no clue about human rights or your own countries laws...then maybe you need to get real and get over yourself. It's a big world out there, asylum seekers are a very big part of it.Sara Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 1:33 AM
Lorraine; disturbingly you are bigoted towards true, hardworking Australians who the majority definitely do not want these lazy, disingenuous gate-crashing boat-people barging their way through our back door while we are asleep. Liberal will stop the boats once again! You are very silly and obviously failed basic arithmetic. Go to work, get a real job and pay lots of tax. Then you might grow-up and have some respect for good hardworking battling Aussies. Who are merely trying to save their country from this lying deceiving rabble, invading Australia?? Bye the bye, slime green Labor's fraudulent man made global warming hoax, Labor's carbon dioxide tax scam is well and truly kaput! SAYONARA...Jacinta Saturday 18 February, 2012 - 9:55 PM