- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Xenophon to set up political party
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
$10,000 'welcome packs' for refugees?
Asylum seekers are being placed into community homes with $10,000 worth of electrical goods each, and the government says we need to do it as a duty of care. Jason Morrison on duty of care for our own community.
David Oldfield speaks with Immigration Minister Chris Bowen about the $10,000 goodie packages reported to be given to asylum seekers arriving in Australia. Are the reports exaggerated by media hype?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Its a big world out there, as you said, is all the more reason to protect ourselves from it. You obviously dont live near these people who come by boat. If you care about them so much then YOU take them in and YOU can pay their way. You also mentioned human rights yet you dont know what it really means. Human Rights = No rights for Whites. Wake Up.Robert Monday 20 February, 2012 - 10:19 AM
Terrence, your just a goon sport!Peter B Monday 20 February, 2012 - 8:04 AM
The only thing wcan be sure Phony Abott will stop is "using his head". He has already started the process by outsourcing much of the thinking to 2UE with some help from the LIEberal goons sleeping over at 2UE.Terrence Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 10:56 PM
I am a young Australian. I work hard and I pay tax. Could I please be offered this starter pack, as I just recently started my family and I can't afford all these stuff. As a matter of fact, I am renting a room of a two-bedroom flat and sharing with another young family. Can my government look after me rather than illegal people for a while?Ruby Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 10:35 AM
This is such rubbish! Many of the people in community detention HAVE been found to be refugees and are awaiting security clearance.
The very basic household items supplied remain the property of DIAC and Red Cross and remain in the housing which is not public housing. The allowance is not equivalent to any allowance available to Australian residents and detainees pay all other bills.
Asylum seekers are NOT illegal. If they were they would be able to be removed immediately.
If you don't want asylum seekers to be detained in this less expensive way, you should urge the govt to process asylum claims more quickly. If the reason you don't want asylum seekers here is because you are an ignorant xenophobe with no clue about human rights or your own countries laws...then maybe you need to get real and get over yourself. It's a big world out there, asylum seekers are a very big part of it.Sara Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 1:33 AM
Lorraine; disturbingly you are bigoted towards true, hardworking Australians who the majority definitely do not want these lazy, disingenuous gate-crashing boat-people barging their way through our back door while we are asleep. Liberal will stop the boats once again! You are very silly and obviously failed basic arithmetic. Go to work, get a real job and pay lots of tax. Then you might grow-up and have some respect for good hardworking battling Aussies. Who are merely trying to save their country from this lying deceiving rabble, invading Australia?? Bye the bye, slime green Labor's fraudulent man made global warming hoax, Labor's carbon dioxide tax scam is well and truly kaput! SAYONARA...Jacinta Saturday 18 February, 2012 - 9:55 PM