- Ice Bucket Challenge goes viral
- Brutality and evil rises in Middle East
- All 'Islamic State' have is fear to rule?
- Sydney garbage collection suspended
- Bob Carr on Palmer's China tirade
- Finance minister on budget reset
- What price for a little convenience?
- Are we losing to overseas investors?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on Crisis over Palmer China comments Both Palmer and his side-kick Jaquie Lambie are utterly rank incompetent damned fools and totally unfit to be in our ... more
- PRINCE JOE HOKEY on Clive Palmer drops another clanger All honest people would have to agree with Clive Palmer's rather frank, but blunt opinion and know where Clive is coming ... more
- Anthony on Clive Palmer drops another clanger Way to go Clive. I moved to Australia 8 years ago and was shocked to see Australia owns nothing! You've sold your country to ... more
- molly on Clive Palmer drops another clanger watch out Clive the anti-free speech people will get you. If china want Australia they will have to fight Islam for it. ... more
- Ben on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Why does this even make the news?Get over it. I have been rejected for age, looks, prejudice and who knows what other ... more
- Angela Coombes on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? The coffee shop owner has a right to hire an employee whom he or she feels will fit in with the business. It is no different ... more
- Angela Coombes on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping How utterly foolhardy of this Baird joker not nominating candidates. He could have come up with two outstanding liberal ... more
- SLOPPY JOE-CANBERRA on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping What a shocking state of affairs with so many bad, self-serving politicians about...allegedly there to manage the nation? ... more
- Cleangirl on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? and how many government departments seem to be made up predominantly with a single foreign race ? more
- paulo on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? This cafe owner will be shamed into learning a lesson that racism is not accepted here! more
- Bruce on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Leave the coffee shop owner alone its hard enough making a living in the hospitality industry without have to deal with a ... more
- barry on Hockey backlash on poor comments Well we now see the true colours of adopted name JOE HOCKEY,has no idea of the working class struggles,indicated by his ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? Maybe we should put more bible bashers in Parliament to help root out the corrupt thugs in all the failed political parties ... more
- Samuel J on Spike in ice use across Sydney Just how do the ingredients for these drugs get out to this poor stupid forlorn drug affected knuckleheads! I am inclined to ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Hockey backlash on poor comments Like the fool Wayne Swan, this Hockey joker is well past his 'Use-By" date indeed! I suggest put someone in his job who ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? All it will mean is more hung parliaments full of even more shonks, dunces, fools and clowns collectively bleeding us ... more
- Craig on Hockey backlash on poor comments These jokers born with silver spoons in their mouth, multi millionaires have NO idea.Poor people do drive most of us live ... more
- Cleangirl on Help, can you solve our traffic woes? Get pack cyclists off main roads during peak times. Surely they can do their hobby ride another time of day. and ask 4WD`s ... more
- Laurie on Is Joe Hockey too out of touch? What an arrogant, cigar chomping (bad look for our kids) man Hockey is. He is so out of touch with ordinary Australians, and ... more
- PRINCE JOE HOKEY on Hockey backlash on poor comments Everyone can now see untalented U.N. sloppy Joe's true colours and they are definitely not liking what they see. Lazy and ... more
$10,000 'welcome packs' for refugees?
Asylum seekers are being placed into community homes with $10,000 worth of electrical goods each, and the government says we need to do it as a duty of care. Jason Morrison on duty of care for our own community.
David Oldfield speaks with Immigration Minister Chris Bowen about the $10,000 goodie packages reported to be given to asylum seekers arriving in Australia. Are the reports exaggerated by media hype?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Its a big world out there, as you said, is all the more reason to protect ourselves from it. You obviously dont live near these people who come by boat. If you care about them so much then YOU take them in and YOU can pay their way. You also mentioned human rights yet you dont know what it really means. Human Rights = No rights for Whites. Wake Up.Robert Monday 20 February, 2012 - 10:19 AM
Terrence, your just a goon sport!Peter B Monday 20 February, 2012 - 8:04 AM
The only thing wcan be sure Phony Abott will stop is "using his head". He has already started the process by outsourcing much of the thinking to 2UE with some help from the LIEberal goons sleeping over at 2UE.Terrence Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 10:56 PM
I am a young Australian. I work hard and I pay tax. Could I please be offered this starter pack, as I just recently started my family and I can't afford all these stuff. As a matter of fact, I am renting a room of a two-bedroom flat and sharing with another young family. Can my government look after me rather than illegal people for a while?Ruby Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 10:35 AM
This is such rubbish! Many of the people in community detention HAVE been found to be refugees and are awaiting security clearance.
The very basic household items supplied remain the property of DIAC and Red Cross and remain in the housing which is not public housing. The allowance is not equivalent to any allowance available to Australian residents and detainees pay all other bills.
Asylum seekers are NOT illegal. If they were they would be able to be removed immediately.
If you don't want asylum seekers to be detained in this less expensive way, you should urge the govt to process asylum claims more quickly. If the reason you don't want asylum seekers here is because you are an ignorant xenophobe with no clue about human rights or your own countries laws...then maybe you need to get real and get over yourself. It's a big world out there, asylum seekers are a very big part of it.Sara Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 1:33 AM
Lorraine; disturbingly you are bigoted towards true, hardworking Australians who the majority definitely do not want these lazy, disingenuous gate-crashing boat-people barging their way through our back door while we are asleep. Liberal will stop the boats once again! You are very silly and obviously failed basic arithmetic. Go to work, get a real job and pay lots of tax. Then you might grow-up and have some respect for good hardworking battling Aussies. Who are merely trying to save their country from this lying deceiving rabble, invading Australia?? Bye the bye, slime green Labor's fraudulent man made global warming hoax, Labor's carbon dioxide tax scam is well and truly kaput! SAYONARA...Jacinta Saturday 18 February, 2012 - 9:55 PM