- Over treatment with some cancers
- Baird shows huge political courage
- Still cook to Nana's recipes?
- Guy Sebastian is back with Madness
- Halal certification funding terrorists?
- Too much lack of respect these days?
- Eddie Obeid set to face court
- Would you prefer to vote online
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
- Greg O on Obama urges Australia to "step up" I am out in my backyard at the moment and am all set to save the environment. I have a Jim's Mowing hat, Steve Irwin shirt ... more
$10,000 'welcome packs' for refugees?
Asylum seekers are being placed into community homes with $10,000 worth of electrical goods each, and the government says we need to do it as a duty of care. Jason Morrison on duty of care for our own community.
David Oldfield speaks with Immigration Minister Chris Bowen about the $10,000 goodie packages reported to be given to asylum seekers arriving in Australia. Are the reports exaggerated by media hype?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Its a big world out there, as you said, is all the more reason to protect ourselves from it. You obviously dont live near these people who come by boat. If you care about them so much then YOU take them in and YOU can pay their way. You also mentioned human rights yet you dont know what it really means. Human Rights = No rights for Whites. Wake Up.Robert Monday 20 February, 2012 - 10:19 AM
Terrence, your just a goon sport!Peter B Monday 20 February, 2012 - 8:04 AM
The only thing wcan be sure Phony Abott will stop is "using his head". He has already started the process by outsourcing much of the thinking to 2UE with some help from the LIEberal goons sleeping over at 2UE.Terrence Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 10:56 PM
I am a young Australian. I work hard and I pay tax. Could I please be offered this starter pack, as I just recently started my family and I can't afford all these stuff. As a matter of fact, I am renting a room of a two-bedroom flat and sharing with another young family. Can my government look after me rather than illegal people for a while?Ruby Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 10:35 AM
This is such rubbish! Many of the people in community detention HAVE been found to be refugees and are awaiting security clearance.
The very basic household items supplied remain the property of DIAC and Red Cross and remain in the housing which is not public housing. The allowance is not equivalent to any allowance available to Australian residents and detainees pay all other bills.
Asylum seekers are NOT illegal. If they were they would be able to be removed immediately.
If you don't want asylum seekers to be detained in this less expensive way, you should urge the govt to process asylum claims more quickly. If the reason you don't want asylum seekers here is because you are an ignorant xenophobe with no clue about human rights or your own countries laws...then maybe you need to get real and get over yourself. It's a big world out there, asylum seekers are a very big part of it.Sara Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 1:33 AM
Lorraine; disturbingly you are bigoted towards true, hardworking Australians who the majority definitely do not want these lazy, disingenuous gate-crashing boat-people barging their way through our back door while we are asleep. Liberal will stop the boats once again! You are very silly and obviously failed basic arithmetic. Go to work, get a real job and pay lots of tax. Then you might grow-up and have some respect for good hardworking battling Aussies. Who are merely trying to save their country from this lying deceiving rabble, invading Australia?? Bye the bye, slime green Labor's fraudulent man made global warming hoax, Labor's carbon dioxide tax scam is well and truly kaput! SAYONARA...Jacinta Saturday 18 February, 2012 - 9:55 PM