- PM discusses the issues on 2UE
- What to call the new CBD sculpture?
- David Suchet: The Last Confession
- Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD
- $1 milk sending our farmers broke
- Work for Dole rules far too strict?
- No place to top up Opal cards?
- Fighting stops MH17 recovery
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mike on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD LooksÂ like Clover Moores brain and just as empty more
- James W on Work for the dole doesn't work Abetz tells Brisbane that a face to face meeting with an enployer is the proper way to apply for a job. 40 meetings a month ... more
- Paul Barnham on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD What a waste of money. I think it has a touch of the "Emperors new clothes" more
- Sean on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD Giant Tapeworm!Inject it into all the clowns at the council who decided to block up the streets with this ridiculous, ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Work for the dole doesn't work From what I can see, so called "volunteers" aka "work for the dole" in charities like Vinnies, Salvos, Smith Family etc is ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Evidently all of these so called "free trade agreements" have decimated our job market. The days are long gone where you ... more
- Tony on Work for the dole doesn't work Of course work for the dole will not work for those who don't want to work! more
- Greg O on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? This is the type of poll result that you get when far too many people think the qualities of a good Prime Minister are ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? Thank God for Tony Abbott. Imagine if Rudd the Dudd was still prime minister - he would be ringing Putin the Thug and ... more
- Keith A Tudor on PM polls are on the slide? Well said Sam and Tony! It is this breed of dole bludgers and others that want to live on government handouts fostered by ... more
- Tony on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? The only thing we can be assured of is that Rudd or Gillard were still in the hotseat, headless chooks would be handling the ... more
- Tony on Asylum seekers heading to mainland The traitorous illegal and economic chasing advocates and their equally foul legal soliciting brethren should open up their ... more
- COUNTRY SHOPPERS GALORE on Asylum seekers heading to mainland Asylum seekers or queue jumpers, economic country shoppers? We absolutely must protect our borders and nation's sovereignty. ... more
- NO GOD NO ATHEISTS... on Near death experiences all vivid What about the many saintly people who pass away and their bodies miraculously remain incorrupt, even after 100's of years. ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? Well just look at the flip side, so perhaps we prefer silly willy to be the Prime Minister... more
- Samuel J on PM polls are on the slide? I believe these so called 'polls' are conducted in die-hard labor party electrotes hence the skewed outcome or abject lies. ... more
- Tony on PM polls are on the slide? It is obvious that the vast majority of Australians prefer wishy washy, cash giverway, leftist green brain dead governments, ... more
- PRO LIFE... on Time for serious debate on euthanasia I am not sure about euthanasia, especially with so many devious, agenda driven people around? Wanting to hurry up things! I ... more
- Jan McTiernan on Time for serious debate on euthanasia If someone wants to die it should be with their own hand. Asking someone else to take your life is selfish. Helping someone ... more
- JULIAR... on Earth missed catastrophe by a week Could this be the very beginning of Julia's anthropogenic global warming...quick, hurry up Tony, bring back the carbon tax. more
$10,000 'welcome packs' for refugees?
Asylum seekers are being placed into community homes with $10,000 worth of electrical goods each, and the government says we need to do it as a duty of care. Jason Morrison on duty of care for our own community.
David Oldfield speaks with Immigration Minister Chris Bowen about the $10,000 goodie packages reported to be given to asylum seekers arriving in Australia. Are the reports exaggerated by media hype?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Its a big world out there, as you said, is all the more reason to protect ourselves from it. You obviously dont live near these people who come by boat. If you care about them so much then YOU take them in and YOU can pay their way. You also mentioned human rights yet you dont know what it really means. Human Rights = No rights for Whites. Wake Up.Robert Monday 20 February, 2012 - 10:19 AM
Terrence, your just a goon sport!Peter B Monday 20 February, 2012 - 8:04 AM
The only thing wcan be sure Phony Abott will stop is "using his head". He has already started the process by outsourcing much of the thinking to 2UE with some help from the LIEberal goons sleeping over at 2UE.Terrence Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 10:56 PM
I am a young Australian. I work hard and I pay tax. Could I please be offered this starter pack, as I just recently started my family and I can't afford all these stuff. As a matter of fact, I am renting a room of a two-bedroom flat and sharing with another young family. Can my government look after me rather than illegal people for a while?Ruby Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 10:35 AM
This is such rubbish! Many of the people in community detention HAVE been found to be refugees and are awaiting security clearance.
The very basic household items supplied remain the property of DIAC and Red Cross and remain in the housing which is not public housing. The allowance is not equivalent to any allowance available to Australian residents and detainees pay all other bills.
Asylum seekers are NOT illegal. If they were they would be able to be removed immediately.
If you don't want asylum seekers to be detained in this less expensive way, you should urge the govt to process asylum claims more quickly. If the reason you don't want asylum seekers here is because you are an ignorant xenophobe with no clue about human rights or your own countries laws...then maybe you need to get real and get over yourself. It's a big world out there, asylum seekers are a very big part of it.Sara Sunday 19 February, 2012 - 1:33 AM
Lorraine; disturbingly you are bigoted towards true, hardworking Australians who the majority definitely do not want these lazy, disingenuous gate-crashing boat-people barging their way through our back door while we are asleep. Liberal will stop the boats once again! You are very silly and obviously failed basic arithmetic. Go to work, get a real job and pay lots of tax. Then you might grow-up and have some respect for good hardworking battling Aussies. Who are merely trying to save their country from this lying deceiving rabble, invading Australia?? Bye the bye, slime green Labor's fraudulent man made global warming hoax, Labor's carbon dioxide tax scam is well and truly kaput! SAYONARA...Jacinta Saturday 18 February, 2012 - 9:55 PM