- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- Anzac Day: just a public holiday?
- Set to be slugged for your gas?
- The man behind the voice of Dr Hook
- Anzac Day: will it always be sacred?
- Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets?
- Angela Catterns with Tina Arena
- Foy Vance talks on Joy of Nothing
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Kimber on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? My visits to my doctor have never been "free", we live in a regional area and have never had bulk billing and we still pay ... more
- Kimber on When to let a loved one go? Agreed, a very difficult topic, but definitely a case by case basis. Having been in this situation with an elderly loved one ... more
- Coasty on Anger at Anzac Day breast competition I'll put it out there that ANZAC's could make a competition out of anything. If you don't want to rate your own breasts ... more
- Tangled Web on 20 police officers charged this year Ever since the standards were drastically lowered for entry into the police force and the training weakened, the undesirable ... more
- Fred on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bull Shorten is a little thick, he is still banging on about dodgy global warming/climate change and his absurd tax, when ... more
- Samuel J on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor I trust, hope and pray the now utterly defunct, useless, incompetent labor party will remain in Opposition for the next 20 ... more
- Craig on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? As for Hockeys nasty GP co-payment, I heard him on radio recently and when asked if he paid his doctor extra money now? ... more
- Greg O on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Since when was our "free" medical system free? Someone else has always had to pay for it. Even back in day one when the ... more
- Jane M. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Has anyone yet asked silly big Joe Hockey, what is the doctor supposed to do, when those sick people in distress with a bad ... more
- Tangled Web on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor According to the old Bill Shorten; â??I have full confidence in Craig Thomsonâ??. Bill Shorten (Aug 2011): Craig Thomson ... more
- Eric (From the West) on When is the flu just a cold? Re: Stuart Bockings comments about a second airport affecting property values. The reality is that we don't know what will ... more
- Tangled Web on Shorten calls for Labor Party reforms Evidently that insincere, plastic Bill Shorten is not all that bright and he is not lonely either. If Labor have nothing ... more
- Tangled Web on When is the flu just a cold? Thanks, that was somewhat informative. We all had a very bad, highly contagious flu like virus in late January and it ... more
- Anonymous on Father's fight to see his daughter Poor Andrew is correct. Way back in 1987 I divorced my very cruel, hate filled wife. Subsequently for the next 20+ years, ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: reflecting recent battles Amazingly, there are some elements around who still call themselves Australians. They are so ungrateful to our brave ... more
- Tangled Web on William & Kate head to Uluru I am trying my very best, but I just can't get excited about all of this media attention on the royal ... more
- Tangled Web on Baird reshuffle - winners and losers? Lets just hope, that the replacement premier is not just another expensive Grange wine drinker with a bad memory too? And ... more
- Tangled Web on Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks? @Keith A Tudor is obviously correct, how much longer will we accommodate all of this destructive drunkenness? Lets just see ... more
98 die on a horror refugee boat
98 dead refugees have been thrown overboard on a drifting asylum seeker boat near Sri Lanka, one by one, by starving shipmates. Paul Murray on the horror with Immigration Minister Brendan O'Connor.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
A boat carrying 32 Burmese refugees has been intercepted off the coast of Sri Lanka following a two-month ordeal at sea.
Up to 98 people may have died of starvation and dehydration - their bodies thrown overboard.
Immigration Minister Brendan O'Connor says it's time to take another look at the Malaysia people-swap deal.
His shadow counterpart Scott Morrison is adamant the Malaysia Solution is half-baked.
It follows calls from an expert panel for a regional framework to discourage asylum seekers from making the dangerous journey to Australia.
Former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has been offered a Foster's beer to explain Australian politics to a US geography class. Dicko & Sarah with Virginia Tech Professor John Boyer on his beverage offer.
A Sydney shopping centre has banned screaming kids in response to complaints from frustrated shoppers. Do you agree with the ban? Dicko & Sarah ask if it reflects our growing intolerance of naughty kids.
@Bikinis, this boat was bringing in Tamils from Sri Lanka and Tamils are predominantly Hindus. They are the main arrivals these days, not Muslims.
But don't let the facts get in the way of your bigoted agenda; just keep harping on the same tune as the Nazis and Zionists used to do!Terrence Sunday 24 February, 2013 - 7:39 AM
You have realised what I have been saying for a long time, our Governments hate us, and they are doing their best to turn Australia into an Islamic country!Bikinis not burkas Friday 22 February, 2013 - 10:48 AM
enough with the emotional blackmail.illegal people shouldn't have an australian citizenship ,centerlink benefit and housing 2years only .MOVE THE CITIZENDHIP TO 5YEARS
GROW SPIN &STOP BEING THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE PLANETmia Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 11:10 PM
I would like t say to all the bleeding hearts who say we have a respnsibility to the 98 so called refugees who died that we do not have to be reszponsible for them. They were just off the coast f Sri Lanka. For gods sake lets just shut the borders and do what is best for the australians who pay tax and nt for the freeloader refugees and bludgers in this country.paul Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 9:55 PM
@john.golding, very well said, Aussie patriot! How is it these queue jumpers 90% of them throw overboard their passports and mobile phones to deceive the authorities?? How is it 94% refuse to work, even after 5years?? How is it they go back home for holidays to their "dangerous" countries that they allegedly "fled" fearing death and persecution?? As if? How is it they are getting away with this fast track illegal entry migration to Australia?? I ill tell you how!! "Young & naive" traitor Juliarrr Gillard was a very bad lawyer and now she is a very bad prime minister, wrecking Australia with her rotten treasonous Labor Government! As the saying goes; fake it, until you make it, just like that impostor, liar Juliarrr Gillard has done!!www.abortiontruth.com Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 8:13 PM
There are 2 million refugees currently around the world,if you were one of them which country would you want to come toPete Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 3:23 PM