- Ban the burqa in parliament house?
- Burqa ban only for parliament house?
- More hotspots for Wi Fi in Sydney
- Who will win the NRL Grand Final?
- Should we extend daylight saving?
- Fuel theft adding to petrol costs
- Do you like Daylight Saving?
- Nominate the worst road in Sydney
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- WHEN IN ROME... on Ban the burqa in parliament house? For very good reason France banned the burqa and the the European Court of Human Rights agreed! We will one day do the same, ... more
- peter on More hotspots for Wi Fi in Sydney yep more access to your computer , they need everyone connectednow would be the time to put tape over your camera and cover ... more
- Tejas on Nominate the worst road in Sydney All roads that have awkward placed drain holes. Seriously. Instead of being right in the middle of the lane or right on the ... more
- Cleangirl on Ban the burqa in parliament house? Natasha Stott-Despoja thinks it`s ok, argues that it`s ok, so we know it`s a loopy idea to let people wear full face ... more
- Sam on Nominate the worst road in Sydney Pennant Hills Rd by far. So frustrating when your exiting the M1 & then have to sit in bumper to bumper traffic until you ... more
- peter on Ban the burqa in parliament house? if it is not good enough for parliament it is not good enough for our streets where most australians are why protect the ... more
- Marge on Burqa ban only for parliament house? We already have laws which dictate what is acceptable attire to be worn in public in this country. For example it is against ... more
- Jo on Burqa ban only for parliament house? So PM Tony Abbott thinks it should be banned in Parliament but not in a bank or the footie or any large gathering of ... more
- Jester4212 on Burqa ban only for parliament house? It should extend to anywhere where facial recognition is or may be required (like a bank). Exactly like people with hoodies ... more
- By Jingo on Burqa ban only for parliament house? No fear campaign . Just trying to keep us Aussies safe and give us a better place to live . Now the majority agree with that ... more
- James on Burqa ban only for parliament house? Criminal Ned Kelly wore a burqa and that didn't end well. Psychology maintains that an important part of human interaction ... more
- COMMON SENSE... on Burqa ban only for parliament house? You can't wear a motor cycle helmet into Parliament House so what's the difference . No burqa, no balaclava, no helmets, no ... more
- michael mazur on Lives lost serving the community What i got from that is that you don't pursue a hoon, just get his number, if you can't, too bad, as it won't be the just ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should we present our ID to vote? Our current shabbily abused electoral process clearly needs major reform. It is essential that we provide appropriate ... more
- James W on Nominate the worst road in Sydney The one heading north. Queenslander!!!! more
- Ben on Should we present our ID to vote? What ID?? more
- Cleangirl on Terrorism: why we shouldn't panic Yes we are fortunate most are not devout. more
- Craig on Should we present our ID to vote? It is the people who count them that we should be watching, google the latest Scottish vote and see what you think! more
- Join the Q Society on Drivers oblivious to their surrounds Most drivers are also oblivious to the road rules!http://www.youtube.com/dashcam55 more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Terrorism: why we shouldn't panic We shouldn't panic, because US President Obama last week said that "islam teaches peace"? more
Abbott "cowardly" in Indonesia?
Paul Murray on the Prime Minister Julia Gillard speaking out about Tony Abbott not discussing his plan to turn back refugee boats to Indonesia with the nation's president because he knows it won't happen.
The Coalition leader is under fire for failing to discuss his promise to turn back asylum seeker boats, despite it being a key plank of his party's policy.
Immigration Minister Chris Bowen’s accusation Opposition leader Tony Abbott is "all tough talk on home turf" but not having the courage to raise turning back the boats with Indonesia's President.
Julia Gillard says Mr Abbott's approach was cowardly.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Australia's population is on the rise, but just how big should our population get before we are officially at our limits? Jason Morrison on the balanced arguments for and against a big Australia - Have Your Say!
Stuart Bocking questions if any good will come from Western Australia's new sex offender register. Hetty Johnston of Bravehearts on the website providing details of around 50 of the most dangerous sex offenders.
Standing 8 count, no, wait, there goes the towel. Terrence, it's suprising how many of us are blind to how relatively well off we are now, given the GFC and given the very hard hits that the living standards of those in other developed economies have taken. If they would wakeup to themselves and start talking and acting positively (as our position deserves), our local economy would strengthen. Confidence is a key element in maintaining a stable economic position.James W Friday 19 October, 2012 - 3:50 PM
@James W, given that Samuel Kyrikos did not contradict any of your figures and arguments with substance, and is only asking us to trust his dubious knowledge, we can safely assume that he has conceded.Terrence Thursday 18 October, 2012 - 8:59 PM
Justin J - $17,000 per tax payer, hardly a huge debt. The result is that we have one of the best performing economies in the developed world. Your resorting to name calling underlines the fact that you have no genuine argument.James W Thursday 18 October, 2012 - 9:57 AM
What an abject wacko this James W posting his rubbish here. The National debt inflicted on us citizens by the utter fools Gillard and Swan is beyond disgusting. They ought to be put on trial when they are booted for the irreparable damage they have done to our beloved country Australia. Twenty years it will take to fix the abject mess these pair of cretins have made of our Australia.Justin J Wednesday 17 October, 2012 - 9:54 PM
You are quite right Yusuf. The Palestinian tragedy is the most disgraceful evidence of our western duplicity. Western imperial powers made the Palestinians pay for the terrible treatment of jews in Europe - despicable treatment in which Palestinians had no part at all. What a tragedy!Terrence Wednesday 17 October, 2012 - 9:11 PM
@yusuf, is that you Cat Stevens.Meow Wednesday 17 October, 2012 - 9:02 PM