- Royal tour: what it meant for us?
- Anzac Day: Lest We Forget
- Father hugs man who killed daughter
- Anzac Day two-up: where to play?
- Time for Charles to be King?
- Why are pensioners in the pinch?
- Taxi driver anger at ridesharing app
- Can you impersonate the PM?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Cleangirl on Time for Charles to be King? We all know Charles is a dill, the Queen should bypass him for William. more
- Tangled Web on Why are pensioners in the pinch? Well that blatant hypocrite, no "heavy lifting" for big Joe Hockey, him and Tony Abbott need to look in the mirror. Big Joe ... more
- Julie on Why are pensioners in the pinch? I heard a caller on radio today suggest that the blowout in Age Pensions is due to the increase in single age pensioners. ... more
- Greg O on Get set for a brutal budget? adriano. Back in about 2007 just before the financial crisis hit us a little and the Northern Hemisphere a lot, the rich ... more
- Bao Tran on Get set for a brutal budget? I think the government has it wrong with the medicare co-payment. Everyone should be entitled to "free" GP or emergency ... more
- Tony on Get set for a brutal budget? Better than spending what we don't have and burdening future generations with paying back Labor's drunken sailor policies! ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Get set for a brutal budget? I trust the budget of Hockey's will seriously address the utterly overstaffed Australian public service. It needs an axe ... more
- Tony on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Take a pill guys! this is a already funded purchase and is bi-partisan, granted these aircraft are pricy and have problems, ... more
- adriano on Get set for a brutal budget? Watch libs cut budget for the poor while the rich are spared. more
- adriano on 20 police officers charged this year Cops are whiter than white.How do they reflect more than 200 nationalities in Aus? more
- Samuel J on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? @ Tangled Web posting here - you are tangled alright. Utterly stupid comments you have made. Open your eyes and look at the ... more
- Greg O on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bill seems to be caught in the middle here. He knows what the Party wants but he has to try and present an image that will ... more
- Greg O on 20 police officers charged this year Only 20? Many years ago a young police officer was presenting a road safety lecture to the staff where I was working. One ... more
- Greg O on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? I can remember in my school days seeing Mustang, Meteor and Vampire fighters flying around. They were followed by the Sabre ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on 20 police officers charged this year Yes. It is one set of standards for them and another set of clear laws for us citizens. The management of police should be ... more
- Cleangirl on 20 police officers charged this year Standards are low, Tattoos, fatties, shorties, light weights and facial hair. The males aren`t much better. more
- Cleangirl on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? That's half what Indonesia spends, and we give them financial aid. more
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: will it always be sacred? Sadly I can recall when Anzac Day was truly sacred, entirely unlike now. It was a full day public holiday, not a quick less ... more
Abbott "cowardly" in Indonesia?
Paul Murray on the Prime Minister Julia Gillard speaking out about Tony Abbott not discussing his plan to turn back refugee boats to Indonesia with the nation's president because he knows it won't happen.
The Coalition leader is under fire for failing to discuss his promise to turn back asylum seeker boats, despite it being a key plank of his party's policy.
Immigration Minister Chris Bowen’s accusation Opposition leader Tony Abbott is "all tough talk on home turf" but not having the courage to raise turning back the boats with Indonesia's President.
Julia Gillard says Mr Abbott's approach was cowardly.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Australia's population is on the rise, but just how big should our population get before we are officially at our limits? Jason Morrison on the balanced arguments for and against a big Australia - Have Your Say!
Stuart Bocking questions if any good will come from Western Australia's new sex offender register. Hetty Johnston of Bravehearts on the website providing details of around 50 of the most dangerous sex offenders.
Standing 8 count, no, wait, there goes the towel. Terrence, it's suprising how many of us are blind to how relatively well off we are now, given the GFC and given the very hard hits that the living standards of those in other developed economies have taken. If they would wakeup to themselves and start talking and acting positively (as our position deserves), our local economy would strengthen. Confidence is a key element in maintaining a stable economic position.James W Friday 19 October, 2012 - 3:50 PM
@James W, given that Samuel Kyrikos did not contradict any of your figures and arguments with substance, and is only asking us to trust his dubious knowledge, we can safely assume that he has conceded.Terrence Thursday 18 October, 2012 - 8:59 PM
Justin J - $17,000 per tax payer, hardly a huge debt. The result is that we have one of the best performing economies in the developed world. Your resorting to name calling underlines the fact that you have no genuine argument.James W Thursday 18 October, 2012 - 9:57 AM
What an abject wacko this James W posting his rubbish here. The National debt inflicted on us citizens by the utter fools Gillard and Swan is beyond disgusting. They ought to be put on trial when they are booted for the irreparable damage they have done to our beloved country Australia. Twenty years it will take to fix the abject mess these pair of cretins have made of our Australia.Justin J Wednesday 17 October, 2012 - 9:54 PM
You are quite right Yusuf. The Palestinian tragedy is the most disgraceful evidence of our western duplicity. Western imperial powers made the Palestinians pay for the terrible treatment of jews in Europe - despicable treatment in which Palestinians had no part at all. What a tragedy!Terrence Wednesday 17 October, 2012 - 9:11 PM
@yusuf, is that you Cat Stevens.Meow Wednesday 17 October, 2012 - 9:02 PM