- Time for serious debate on euthanasia
- Bus crash kills one injures dozens
- Sydney median house price: $800,000
- Treatment for back pain a placebo
- Downward spiral of dealing drugs
- Abbott copping Senate body blows
- John & Garry: Let the games begin
- Commonwealth Games in Glasgow
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on MH17: the long journey home A heartfelt thank you to the Netherlands in appreciation for finally giving some dignity to the victims of flight MH17. more
- Greta on New Times for Weekend Shows Fantastic to hear Tim coming on earlier - love his show, has interesting segments, would love to hear more of the gardening ... more
- NOT A GOOD LOOK... on The Whisper: lineup to be a Knight? How hypocritical and pretentious is that staunch republican ex-Governor General, Ms. Quentin Bryce. She jumped at Tony ... more
- WAKE UP AUSTRALIA on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Our moronic politicians get shabbier everyday, they obviously have no class. This is clearly a recipe for disaster! more
- 1959 GRANGE... on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill Obviously dying, suffering people with cancer urgently need medicinal cannabis and our constant support! In America they ... more
- ANGRY RATEPAYERS... on Sydney suffering too many councils Just got the big IPART $$$rate slug from useless, arrogant Holroyd/Merrylands council and what a complete joke this council ... more
- Terence on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Sorry John,I listened to that powderpuff of an interview this morning with Senator Lambie."Would a male MP get the same ... more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? Smoking gun, President Putin's body language speaks volumes, he is obviously as guilty as sin and he needs to be dealt with. ... more
- Chris Teller on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Jacqui Lambie is not exactly stacked so I would not bother taking a second look unless she had breast enhancements. more
- Keith A Tudor on UN unanimous vote on MH17 @Get Real - an excellent comment indeed. Putin sadly is not a leaders'bootlace. Just look at the face on it and the eyes ... more
- Greg O on Has the PM finally found his voice? I hope so. He has the ability but the time for him to make it look like he has it is well and truly overdue. more
- Greg O on Why do we need childcare subsidies This is getting ridiculous. What is next? Perhaps Government assistance for old blokes like me to go on fishing trips. ... more
- Cleangirl on Why do we need childcare subsidies Either give ALL mothers money or at least means test for low incomers. Why are we encouraging people to outsource their ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? One analogy you forgot to make is - what would Jacqui Lambie have said about Tony Abbott if he described his preferences and ... more
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
Abbott driving home Pacific upgrades
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott is driving a truck from Brisbane to Terrigal, selling his plan to fix the Pacific Highway. He is calling for the Federal Government to increase its share of funding for upgrades.
The Coalition is promising $5.6-billion to complete the duplication of the highway. Mr Abbott tells John Stanley it's an integral part of his plan, heading into the next election.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Sydney has reclaimed the title of Australia's favourite city, beating out Melbourne by one vote. Sydney has also been given the nod for its bars and restaurants in the Australian Traveller Magazine Awards.
The pressure on the RBA is the soaring Aussie dollar, as rates drop, the steam isn't taken away. Stuart Bocking questions however the Treasurer on negative comments, and the forgotten self-funded retirees.
Abbott is facing pressure within his own ranks to produce some policies and leave the personal attacks to Julie Bishop. But what he has come up with are "pie in the sky" promises again. This goof does not understand the difference between policy and promise.Terrence Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 11:13 PM
The federal government has plunged this country into a place that has no national pride, or unity and our culture is under a real threat of becoming extinct.
all our servicemen and women must be wondering why,and that folks is an absolute factlindsay ball Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 6:09 PM
Yes! Lie-bor bends over backwards giving our borrowed money away to every two bit NGO and corrupt country because of their great socialist ideals! But when it comes to real life down on the farm Australian problems "Go Whistle" Australians will be fed pie in the sky unfunded election grabbing promises whilst our borrowed money get sent overseas. Remember we are funding India's 2nd Aircraft Carrier, we have NONE!Peter Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 3:38 PM
Now this is policy!
Not like the pie in the sky unfunded promises from Gillard and Co!Peter Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 1:47 PM
The Labor federal government are far too pre-occupied busily wasting countless $billions borrowed from China. On such projects as building mosques and islamic schools, roads and bridges etc in other countries who do not even like us. But just love the stupidly donated money from Labor!! Tony Abbott calling for the Federal Government to increase its share of funding for upgrades will of course fall upon Labor's deaf ears.
N.B. I can hardly wait to hear the "real" phony Tony Albanese's and the "real" Juliar Gillard's usual silly childish bitchy responses!DONNA Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 12:14 PM