- Homelessness growing with women?
- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- Kit Harrington on making movies
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
Abbott driving home Pacific upgrades
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott is driving a truck from Brisbane to Terrigal, selling his plan to fix the Pacific Highway. He is calling for the Federal Government to increase its share of funding for upgrades.
The Coalition is promising $5.6-billion to complete the duplication of the highway. Mr Abbott tells John Stanley it's an integral part of his plan, heading into the next election.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Sydney has reclaimed the title of Australia's favourite city, beating out Melbourne by one vote. Sydney has also been given the nod for its bars and restaurants in the Australian Traveller Magazine Awards.
The pressure on the RBA is the soaring Aussie dollar, as rates drop, the steam isn't taken away. Stuart Bocking questions however the Treasurer on negative comments, and the forgotten self-funded retirees.
Abbott is facing pressure within his own ranks to produce some policies and leave the personal attacks to Julie Bishop. But what he has come up with are "pie in the sky" promises again. This goof does not understand the difference between policy and promise.Terrence Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 11:13 PM
The federal government has plunged this country into a place that has no national pride, or unity and our culture is under a real threat of becoming extinct.
all our servicemen and women must be wondering why,and that folks is an absolute factlindsay ball Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 6:09 PM
Yes! Lie-bor bends over backwards giving our borrowed money away to every two bit NGO and corrupt country because of their great socialist ideals! But when it comes to real life down on the farm Australian problems "Go Whistle" Australians will be fed pie in the sky unfunded election grabbing promises whilst our borrowed money get sent overseas. Remember we are funding India's 2nd Aircraft Carrier, we have NONE!Peter Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 3:38 PM
Now this is policy!
Not like the pie in the sky unfunded promises from Gillard and Co!Peter Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 1:47 PM
The Labor federal government are far too pre-occupied busily wasting countless $billions borrowed from China. On such projects as building mosques and islamic schools, roads and bridges etc in other countries who do not even like us. But just love the stupidly donated money from Labor!! Tony Abbott calling for the Federal Government to increase its share of funding for upgrades will of course fall upon Labor's deaf ears.
N.B. I can hardly wait to hear the "real" phony Tony Albanese's and the "real" Juliar Gillard's usual silly childish bitchy responses!DONNA Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 12:14 PM