- State's top silk before the ICAC
- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
Abbott on an honest budget surplus
The Gillard Government has been accused of mismanaging the economy, following deep cuts to get its budget into surplus.
The Baby Bonus will be reduced and private healthcare will be overhauled, and it will cost more to manage your own super.
Labor hopes the changes will help deliver a slender surplus of a little over one-billion dollars this financial year.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says the government will never deliver an honest surplus.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
It's hoped a reduction to the baby bonus and changes to private health insurance will help the Gillard Government achieve its budget surplus. Paul Murray on the details with 2UE's Michael Pachi in Canberra.
Terrence; obviously you cannot cope with the ugly truth. Corrupted atheists, Labor are dead and buried!! Lying Labor Prime Minister JuLia Gillard and her lying Deputy Prime Minister/Treasurer Wane Swan have zero credibility, their disgusting conduct would be unacceptable in a court of law, they could be classed as 'unreliable hostile witnesses' and could be charged with contempt with such blatant lying. So why on earth would anyone believe anything that spews out of their big mouths? These Labor dorks are sickening, the electorate is desperate to throw them out and have a much needed Royal Commission to try and save Australia.Jura Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:30 AM
@GParker and John, lies will only get you so far as a post on 2UE. Try to use your brains or whatever is left of it.Terrence Monday 22 October, 2012 - 11:33 PM
Look at the Lieberal stooges crying and whingeing! Not a single point of discussion, just abuse and abuse and more of it. Looks like they haven't learnt any lesson. The reason they are sliding is because they are yet to articulate ideas for the country and come up with constructive criticism - not just @#$%s. Abbott is trying to pick up the pieces after his failed personal attack strategy which spectacularly backfired. But no one has told the stooges yet that the game is over if they persist with this approach.
I am not in favour of surplus now when the economy is in such good shape and most other economies are in downturn. But we can see one side is at least trying things and coming up with ideas, and the other side is just working on personal attack and abuses and praying that the govt falls before the election.Terrence Monday 22 October, 2012 - 11:03 PM
Huh huh "there will be no carbon tax under the government I lead" pathological liar Juliar Gillard and her "hysterical" lying Treasurer Wayne Swan and indeed all of the Labor freak show have a very well known reputation for endless lies and deceit. I would literally rather trust a Taipan snake any day than the poisonous "mismanaging" untrustworthy treasonous Labor government. Thus only a fool would ever believe Labor! The nation has lost all trust & confidence in corrupt self-serving Labor who are obviously milking the nation to the very end. Labor's so called "surplus" is honey laced with rat poison. A Royal Commission would reveal a lot about this ugly Labor corruption, that is killing Australia.Cain Monday 22 October, 2012 - 7:59 PM
This Gillard Govt is such a huge joke, they spend like there is no tomorrow, and when the hammer falls they have to deprive young and old alike of their small gains, especially older people who manage their own super funds. Tax on Tax and more Tax.
Anybody with half a brain who vote Labor needs a brain transplant!
They are totally dishonest and have mismanaged our resources more than any other Govt in history and it will take years for us to recover, if at all!
Talk about the 'lucky country'... that we may be but with the 'worst' Govt of all time.
Bring on that election before they get us into worse debt.GParker Monday 22 October, 2012 - 5:37 PM
The ALP will never deliver an honest anything. What @#$%s me is that there is no longer even a pretence with this Government - barefaced lies and dissembling. What a disgrace.John Monday 22 October, 2012 - 5:36 PM