- Fighting an unjust criminal history?
- 85 cent bread will cost retailers?
- Sports drinks as bad as soft drink?
- Truck safety now set to go hi-tech
- Ray Martin on Gillard recollections
- Try hot desking from home?
- David Suchet: The Last Confession
- Labor in lockstep over fighting ISIL
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Labor in lockstep over fighting ISIL We never learn by history do we? So why do we keep having ourselves on...fighting is in bred in these people, it has been ... more
- Cleangirl on Facing the unknowns in Middle East Ask Australian Moderates what if anything we should do to stop I.S. and then ask them what we should do with those returning ... more
- Join the Q Society on Climate: are we serious enough? I am still waiting for someone to out the mongrels that caused the climate change that produced the evil fossil fuels!The ... more
- Craig on Facing the unknowns in Middle East These actions are not about bringing peace.This war will go longer than any war in history and it has not even been declared ... more
- Craig on Climate: are we serious enough? No we are not serious enough, let's price electricity out the realm of everyone from the so called"middle" class down. ... more
- Vince on New terror laws to prohibit torture Torture sounds rather humane compared to what these bastards are dishing out overseas. more
- I propose new Middle East laws on Not in the name of religion 50 years of relentless vicious abuse is enough. I will not stand idly by and allow that abuse to destroy the next generation ... more
- Robert on Not in the name of religion Not about religion? Yeah right. You keep telling yourself that Tim. Its about Islam mate, take the blinkers off. more
- Join the Q Society on Not in the name of religion Tim, this is pure IslamQuran 8:12ShakirWhen your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who ... more
- Davo on Not in the name of religion Nailed it Tim. more
- adam on Should we ban local ISIS flag sales? Justin, the extract below is from Christian News Minute (CNM) I hope it gives you pause for thought.The ISIS flag consists ... more
- The Devils Advocate on Too apathetic to make a change? Neil really wants to say the number plate is an antiemetic racial slur. He is prevented from saying that because he has ... more
- RAKESH ADUK on Too apathetic to make a change? Garry Linnell talks a lot of sense! Whenever I go overseas and see the beautiful Aussie flag, it immediately takes me back ... more
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
Abbott on an honest budget surplus
The Gillard Government has been accused of mismanaging the economy, following deep cuts to get its budget into surplus.
The Baby Bonus will be reduced and private healthcare will be overhauled, and it will cost more to manage your own super.
Labor hopes the changes will help deliver a slender surplus of a little over one-billion dollars this financial year.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says the government will never deliver an honest surplus.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
It's hoped a reduction to the baby bonus and changes to private health insurance will help the Gillard Government achieve its budget surplus. Paul Murray on the details with 2UE's Michael Pachi in Canberra.
Terrence; obviously you cannot cope with the ugly truth. Corrupted atheists, Labor are dead and buried!! Lying Labor Prime Minister JuLia Gillard and her lying Deputy Prime Minister/Treasurer Wane Swan have zero credibility, their disgusting conduct would be unacceptable in a court of law, they could be classed as 'unreliable hostile witnesses' and could be charged with contempt with such blatant lying. So why on earth would anyone believe anything that spews out of their big mouths? These Labor dorks are sickening, the electorate is desperate to throw them out and have a much needed Royal Commission to try and save Australia.Jura Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:30 AM
@GParker and John, lies will only get you so far as a post on 2UE. Try to use your brains or whatever is left of it.Terrence Monday 22 October, 2012 - 11:33 PM
Look at the Lieberal stooges crying and whingeing! Not a single point of discussion, just abuse and abuse and more of it. Looks like they haven't learnt any lesson. The reason they are sliding is because they are yet to articulate ideas for the country and come up with constructive criticism - not just @#$%s. Abbott is trying to pick up the pieces after his failed personal attack strategy which spectacularly backfired. But no one has told the stooges yet that the game is over if they persist with this approach.
I am not in favour of surplus now when the economy is in such good shape and most other economies are in downturn. But we can see one side is at least trying things and coming up with ideas, and the other side is just working on personal attack and abuses and praying that the govt falls before the election.Terrence Monday 22 October, 2012 - 11:03 PM
Huh huh "there will be no carbon tax under the government I lead" pathological liar Juliar Gillard and her "hysterical" lying Treasurer Wayne Swan and indeed all of the Labor freak show have a very well known reputation for endless lies and deceit. I would literally rather trust a Taipan snake any day than the poisonous "mismanaging" untrustworthy treasonous Labor government. Thus only a fool would ever believe Labor! The nation has lost all trust & confidence in corrupt self-serving Labor who are obviously milking the nation to the very end. Labor's so called "surplus" is honey laced with rat poison. A Royal Commission would reveal a lot about this ugly Labor corruption, that is killing Australia.Cain Monday 22 October, 2012 - 7:59 PM
This Gillard Govt is such a huge joke, they spend like there is no tomorrow, and when the hammer falls they have to deprive young and old alike of their small gains, especially older people who manage their own super funds. Tax on Tax and more Tax.
Anybody with half a brain who vote Labor needs a brain transplant!
They are totally dishonest and have mismanaged our resources more than any other Govt in history and it will take years for us to recover, if at all!
Talk about the 'lucky country'... that we may be but with the 'worst' Govt of all time.
Bring on that election before they get us into worse debt.GParker Monday 22 October, 2012 - 5:37 PM
The ALP will never deliver an honest anything. What @#$%s me is that there is no longer even a pretence with this Government - barefaced lies and dissembling. What a disgrace.John Monday 22 October, 2012 - 5:36 PM