- Joe Hockey wanted tougher budget?
- Sharina Live on Stage at Sydney RSL
- HMAS Darwin: Aussie pride at sea
- Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill
- Sydney suffering too many councils
- PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin
- Bob Carr: vote vindicates Aussie seat
- Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- NOT A GOOD LOOK... on The Whisper: lineup to be a Knight? How hypocritical and pretentious is that staunch republican ex-Governor General, Ms. Quentin Bryce. She jumped at Tony ... more
- WAKE UP AUSTRALIA on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Our moronic politicians get shabbier everyday, they obviously have no class. This is clearly a recipe for disaster! more
- 1959 GRANGE... on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill Obviously dying, suffering people with cancer urgently need medicinal cannabis and our constant support! In America they ... more
- ANGRY RATEPAYERS... on Sydney suffering too many councils Just got the big IPART $$$rate slug from useless, arrogant Holroyd/Merrylands council and what a complete joke this council ... more
- Terence on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Sorry John,I listened to that powderpuff of an interview this morning with Senator Lambie."Would a male MP get the same ... more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? Smoking gun, President Putin's body language speaks volumes, he is obviously as guilty as sin and he needs to be dealt with. ... more
- Chris Teller on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Jacqui Lambie is not exactly stacked so I would not bother taking a second look unless she had breast enhancements. more
- Keith A Tudor on UN unanimous vote on MH17 @Get Real - an excellent comment indeed. Putin sadly is not a leaders'bootlace. Just look at the face on it and the eyes ... more
- Greg O on Has the PM finally found his voice? I hope so. He has the ability but the time for him to make it look like he has it is well and truly overdue. more
- Greg O on Why do we need childcare subsidies This is getting ridiculous. What is next? Perhaps Government assistance for old blokes like me to go on fishing trips. ... more
- Cleangirl on Why do we need childcare subsidies Either give ALL mothers money or at least means test for low incomers. Why are we encouraging people to outsource their ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? One analogy you forgot to make is - what would Jacqui Lambie have said about Tony Abbott if he described his preferences and ... more
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 Putin eh! Just look at the face and the eyes embedded in it! A stark appearance/psysiognamy as cold and frozen like the ... more
- GOOD GOD...JESUS on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 I saw them devils on television throwing dead humans in body bags around like bags of potatoes. Russian President Putin and ... more
Abbott on an honest budget surplus
The Gillard Government has been accused of mismanaging the economy, following deep cuts to get its budget into surplus.
The Baby Bonus will be reduced and private healthcare will be overhauled, and it will cost more to manage your own super.
Labor hopes the changes will help deliver a slender surplus of a little over one-billion dollars this financial year.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says the government will never deliver an honest surplus.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
It's hoped a reduction to the baby bonus and changes to private health insurance will help the Gillard Government achieve its budget surplus. Paul Murray on the details with 2UE's Michael Pachi in Canberra.
Terrence; obviously you cannot cope with the ugly truth. Corrupted atheists, Labor are dead and buried!! Lying Labor Prime Minister JuLia Gillard and her lying Deputy Prime Minister/Treasurer Wane Swan have zero credibility, their disgusting conduct would be unacceptable in a court of law, they could be classed as 'unreliable hostile witnesses' and could be charged with contempt with such blatant lying. So why on earth would anyone believe anything that spews out of their big mouths? These Labor dorks are sickening, the electorate is desperate to throw them out and have a much needed Royal Commission to try and save Australia.Jura Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:30 AM
@GParker and John, lies will only get you so far as a post on 2UE. Try to use your brains or whatever is left of it.Terrence Monday 22 October, 2012 - 11:33 PM
Look at the Lieberal stooges crying and whingeing! Not a single point of discussion, just abuse and abuse and more of it. Looks like they haven't learnt any lesson. The reason they are sliding is because they are yet to articulate ideas for the country and come up with constructive criticism - not just @#$%s. Abbott is trying to pick up the pieces after his failed personal attack strategy which spectacularly backfired. But no one has told the stooges yet that the game is over if they persist with this approach.
I am not in favour of surplus now when the economy is in such good shape and most other economies are in downturn. But we can see one side is at least trying things and coming up with ideas, and the other side is just working on personal attack and abuses and praying that the govt falls before the election.Terrence Monday 22 October, 2012 - 11:03 PM
Huh huh "there will be no carbon tax under the government I lead" pathological liar Juliar Gillard and her "hysterical" lying Treasurer Wayne Swan and indeed all of the Labor freak show have a very well known reputation for endless lies and deceit. I would literally rather trust a Taipan snake any day than the poisonous "mismanaging" untrustworthy treasonous Labor government. Thus only a fool would ever believe Labor! The nation has lost all trust & confidence in corrupt self-serving Labor who are obviously milking the nation to the very end. Labor's so called "surplus" is honey laced with rat poison. A Royal Commission would reveal a lot about this ugly Labor corruption, that is killing Australia.Cain Monday 22 October, 2012 - 7:59 PM
This Gillard Govt is such a huge joke, they spend like there is no tomorrow, and when the hammer falls they have to deprive young and old alike of their small gains, especially older people who manage their own super funds. Tax on Tax and more Tax.
Anybody with half a brain who vote Labor needs a brain transplant!
They are totally dishonest and have mismanaged our resources more than any other Govt in history and it will take years for us to recover, if at all!
Talk about the 'lucky country'... that we may be but with the 'worst' Govt of all time.
Bring on that election before they get us into worse debt.GParker Monday 22 October, 2012 - 5:37 PM
The ALP will never deliver an honest anything. What @#$%s me is that there is no longer even a pretence with this Government - barefaced lies and dissembling. What a disgrace.John Monday 22 October, 2012 - 5:36 PM