- If those were my kids, I'd...
- Barry O'Farrell takes to Twitter
- Have you met the royal couple?
- Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks?
- Looking back on O’Farrell the man
- Mike Baird set to become Premier
- Have you lost faith in politicians?
- Royal family’s affection for Australia?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alan J on Mike Baird set to become Premier Barry appeared spooked? Why did he panic? more
- Tangled Web on No alternative but for Barry to resign? @Shaun...Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever ... more
- Harry on Would you like us to be a republic? @adriano you sound a little confused, don't let the facts get in your way. The IMF have directed bankrupt England to print ... more
- Tangled Web on Mike Baird set to become Premier Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever receiving ... more
- adriano on Would you like us to be a republic? Harry is the most popular uk name mohammed is only number 19.Also steve you are wrong about the UK economy.It will rise by ... more
- David on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Barry did the right thing to resign, but given the timing of the events surrounding the bottle delivery, anyone could have ... more
- davo on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Of course they like australia .WE HAVE FOOTED THE BILL for their trip! more
- Samuel J on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I believe O'Farrell had a genuine memory lapse! And his ambushing by Watson SC of ICAC has not proven corruption either on ... more
- Shaun on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Premier O'Farrel deserves a second chance. Why don't we bring him back? more
- Robert on Have you lost faith in politicians? Lost faith?! Are you joking?!I stopped voting years ago. I hand in informal votes.Once you find out about the new world ... more
- Robert on Would you like us to be a republic? A Republic yes but DONT change the flag. more
- Tangled Web on Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed? Apparently our movers & shakers want a cashless society? What happens when the whole system crashes? It would be chaotic ... more
- Cleangirl on Would you like us to be a republic? Can ANYONE name a Republic or republic model better than what we have ? Do we choose from any of the African models ? or ... more
- Angela Coombes on Have you lost faith in politicians? Well this Robertson joker has not got the credentials to give advice - given the record of his utterly failed, absolutely ... more
- Julie on Pension age to be lifted to 70? The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Julie on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Angela Coombes on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation @Jaydee you are 1000% correct. However, I believe in the case of O'Farrell he would have received gifts on his appointment ... more
- Athol on No alternative but for Barry to resign? I can see little old wine drinker Barry, being gifted a very lucrative cushy job aboard Tony Abbott's hasty new airport ... more
- Konrad H. on Have you lost faith in politicians? Iffy Barry O'Farrell is apparently no good, however iffy John Robertson is arguably even worse. Hypocrite Robertson is ... more
- Sam on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Affection for Australia? How nice! But I hope they don't have that very same affection that they were supposed to have for ... more
Abbott on an honest budget surplus
The Gillard Government has been accused of mismanaging the economy, following deep cuts to get its budget into surplus.
The Baby Bonus will be reduced and private healthcare will be overhauled, and it will cost more to manage your own super.
Labor hopes the changes will help deliver a slender surplus of a little over one-billion dollars this financial year.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says the government will never deliver an honest surplus.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
It's hoped a reduction to the baby bonus and changes to private health insurance will help the Gillard Government achieve its budget surplus. Paul Murray on the details with 2UE's Michael Pachi in Canberra.
Terrence; obviously you cannot cope with the ugly truth. Corrupted atheists, Labor are dead and buried!! Lying Labor Prime Minister JuLia Gillard and her lying Deputy Prime Minister/Treasurer Wane Swan have zero credibility, their disgusting conduct would be unacceptable in a court of law, they could be classed as 'unreliable hostile witnesses' and could be charged with contempt with such blatant lying. So why on earth would anyone believe anything that spews out of their big mouths? These Labor dorks are sickening, the electorate is desperate to throw them out and have a much needed Royal Commission to try and save Australia.Jura Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:30 AM
@GParker and John, lies will only get you so far as a post on 2UE. Try to use your brains or whatever is left of it.Terrence Monday 22 October, 2012 - 11:33 PM
Look at the Lieberal stooges crying and whingeing! Not a single point of discussion, just abuse and abuse and more of it. Looks like they haven't learnt any lesson. The reason they are sliding is because they are yet to articulate ideas for the country and come up with constructive criticism - not just @#$%s. Abbott is trying to pick up the pieces after his failed personal attack strategy which spectacularly backfired. But no one has told the stooges yet that the game is over if they persist with this approach.
I am not in favour of surplus now when the economy is in such good shape and most other economies are in downturn. But we can see one side is at least trying things and coming up with ideas, and the other side is just working on personal attack and abuses and praying that the govt falls before the election.Terrence Monday 22 October, 2012 - 11:03 PM
Huh huh "there will be no carbon tax under the government I lead" pathological liar Juliar Gillard and her "hysterical" lying Treasurer Wayne Swan and indeed all of the Labor freak show have a very well known reputation for endless lies and deceit. I would literally rather trust a Taipan snake any day than the poisonous "mismanaging" untrustworthy treasonous Labor government. Thus only a fool would ever believe Labor! The nation has lost all trust & confidence in corrupt self-serving Labor who are obviously milking the nation to the very end. Labor's so called "surplus" is honey laced with rat poison. A Royal Commission would reveal a lot about this ugly Labor corruption, that is killing Australia.Cain Monday 22 October, 2012 - 7:59 PM
This Gillard Govt is such a huge joke, they spend like there is no tomorrow, and when the hammer falls they have to deprive young and old alike of their small gains, especially older people who manage their own super funds. Tax on Tax and more Tax.
Anybody with half a brain who vote Labor needs a brain transplant!
They are totally dishonest and have mismanaged our resources more than any other Govt in history and it will take years for us to recover, if at all!
Talk about the 'lucky country'... that we may be but with the 'worst' Govt of all time.
Bring on that election before they get us into worse debt.GParker Monday 22 October, 2012 - 5:37 PM
The ALP will never deliver an honest anything. What @#$%s me is that there is no longer even a pretence with this Government - barefaced lies and dissembling. What a disgrace.John Monday 22 October, 2012 - 5:36 PM