- Drivers not tested for cocaine use?
- Want to sing at the Opera House?
- Close encounters on planet Mars
- Who deserved their shonky award
- Clubs to expand into childcare?
- Not enough jobs for uni grads?
- Who's been snooping in your bin?
- Demerits for illegal disabled parkers
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- THE WEATHER on Perfect storm strikes across Sydney Well its soaking wet and freezing cold, could it be man 'made global warming' in disguise? Without the big dry and the ... more
- Cleangirl on Apologise to a culture of complaint Apologise because someone may choose to take offence ? more
- Join the Q Society on Apologise to a culture of complaint Non offensive T Shirt should have the same wording but with the Islamic State Flag! more
- Patriot on Apologise to a culture of complaint Slick and pretentious Woolworths obviously lack charisma and they lack credibility too. Woolworths will lose even more ... more
- Tanya on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets What a lot of utter BS, When the Greens don't like something you know its OK. When has the truth become "Totally ... more
- WHAT POLICE? on Sydney violence a generation thing? Excuses, excuses! Amazingly even with record police numbers, it is a struggle to find our invisible police force i.e. huge ... more
- Troy on Hillsong, more than just a church So tired of hearing from this woman anytime Hillsong is mentioned. She hasn't been there in well over a decade. She couldn't ... more
- Mr Creepy on Are 'fun police' banning everything? We have all seen it. A poodle mounts the leg of a bigger dog. The expression on the poodles face is a little amusing, a ... more
- Voluptuous Hypothesis on Sydney to bathe in blood moon? Just in time to watch the moon die. Blood moon exsanguinated. Eclipse reached totality. Here, north of Dallas, the moon ... more
- Cleangirl on Labor Party 'Headed for the rocks' Labor has to stop the Left-wing senseless rhetoric, and start looking out for the workers, their families and get some ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane It was reported that Islamic State agents are travelling in fours with false passports, posing as refugees to enter Europe! ... more
- Craig on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane Kobane will fall as Turkey will not allow the Kurdish fighters there to receive heavy weapons to repel the invaders.They ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane I thought that islam was a peaceful religion? more
- Steve on Fire danger ignored for burn off? I live in St. Ives and witnessed the extra firetrucks racing along Mona Vale road (under lights and sirens)to assist. ... more
- Rob on Fire danger ignored for burn off? This is so typical of the NSWRFS staff. Happy to get in front of the camera on an "out of control bushfire" but have no clue ... more
- Greg on A Fair Go For Seniors Forum With $40B as the estimated cost to pay all volunteer work across Australia each year, has anyone considered the impact of ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Call for calm in Islamic debate Realistically compare "islamic extremism" to so called "christian extremism"...got the picture yet. more
- Cate B. on Banning the burqa an overreaction? Come out to busy Merrylands Stockland Mall and see if you still want the burqa? more
- Annette 72 years of age on Banning the burqa an overreaction? i dont see what the Muslim community dosent understand we just want to see their faces .thats it . it terrifies me to walk ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Banning the burqa an overreaction? What about the BURQA-CLAD mother of seven who claimed she was the victim of mistaken identity, jailed for six months for ... more
Abbott on parliamentary principles
Prime Minister Gillard had a choice of survival over principle in supporting Peter Slipper as Speaker. Hours later he resigned. Jason Morrison and Tony Abbott on the Opposition Leaders view on the dramatic events.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Labor has nominated Anna Burke as the new speaker of the House of Representatives. It follows a day of turmoil in the house as the previous speaker Peter Slipper survives a vote but resigns the position.
Breaking News: Peter Slipper has declared that he won't be continuing as Speaker of the federal parliament. An emotional Mr Slipper tonight told the lower house he is arranging his resignation. Have Your Say!
Both Abutt and Julia have proved one thing beyond doubt and that is they both do not deserve to be the PM.
I think people must not be a mouthpiece of either of the 2 parties for I doubt either of them actually care for us and the country.
Lets get back to work and do something useful.yusuf Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 11:18 AM
Ignorant bigot Phony Tony, I had said before that on international policies there is hardly any difference between Labour and Lieberal. On Indonesia, I think Phony did the right thing because he realises that while 'stop the boats' may be a good slogan for politicking, it is not good enough for governing. The problem has to be resolved through pragmatic realistic steps, certainly not by alienating our most important neighbour simply because the majority of the people there happen to be Muslims.
On China, Afghanistan, Iraq and Palestine too you won't see much differene between the two parties - on the last three both parties are dependent on what the Americans tell them to do.Terrence Monday 15 October, 2012 - 11:44 PM
Labor worm Terrence; Can you believe it, that very stupid Liberal idiot Tony Abbott is now offering Indonesia even more of our lazy borrowed $Billions of dollars, if they stop some boats coming here. What Abbott obviously should be saying to Indonesia is no-more-money until you stop the boats, clearly muslim Indonesia could easily stop all the illegal boats, now, in a flash, if they wanted to! Why is grovelling Australia funding muslim Indonesia's huge military operations/mosques etc. Especially when muslim Indonesia could very well one day attack us??? No wonder Indonesia has no respect for Australia only our money! Obviously Australia needs to seriously "get the sugar off the table"...the confused and maddened electorate are now like mad dogs chasing their tails in frustration...Labor or Liberal?? What a damned choice!PHONY TONY Monday 15 October, 2012 - 10:33 AM
It seems that the best speaker of the house has once again been relegated to the back benches. Is this because that Gillard the misandrist(man hater) still allows her sexist based and weird prejudices based on a sick ideology of socialism and communism to dirty up and undermine the parliment and Prime Ministership, someone in labor left the door open and in slipped a bogon. Is that the best labor can do, Harry Jenkins grow a set and stand up and lead some labor men on the back benches to man up they are not going to further thier career by being silent and allowing themselves to be bullied by this manipulative woman, you will not save your career this way. Susan you are right in that it is not just about the courts it is about the sanctity of parliment and the government as a whole.mick Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 5:28 PM
Abutt has only himself to blame for coming out worse in this saga. At least Slipper has apologised and good riddance! Abutt still hasn't and still leaves ample doubt about his disposition towards women.Franco Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 5:25 PM
I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for Peter Slipper. This is all of his own making and, every minute of his blubbering speech I was thinking of his Family! What must they think of his vile, disgusting text messages! Gillard and the other 69 MP's who yesterday put their jobs before the women of their electorates, by defending this man. I don't accept the lame excuse that this was a matter for the courts (just as they did with Thompson). The texts were out there for all to see and the court did not prevent their publication. They should hang their heads in shame for attempting to defend the indefenceable!Susan Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 1:47 PM