- Tradies charge by Sydney suburb?
- Ice: the 'worst of the worst' drugs
- Damning report into insulation scheme
- Sydney's 5th season, Sprinter?
- Proposal with a $1million donation
- Terror threat: alert not alarmed?
- Standard starting age at schools
- What's the future for Qantas?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- John Harvey on Stopping fighters heading overseas let them go just do not let them back into the country more
- Cleangirl on Extremists the enemy of Islam Extreme Islam or mediocre Islam ? Look at all the Islamic nations, extreme overrides mediocrity every time. more
- Keith A Tudor on Stopping fighters heading overseas @Tony - excellent comment. I support that including confiscation of their passports as well as their assets forfeited to the ... more
- Citizen Slain on War looming in the Middle East We would all very much like to believe in the integrity and decency of modern government however the reality is very ... more
- Peter Ulmer on My religion needs fixing? Glen Mohammed is impressive as you say. Sadly he is one voice in what appears to be a minority view within his community. I ... more
- James W on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Does it matter? What is clear is that they were both better than the current one. more
- Tony on Stopping fighters heading overseas Why the hell stop them? If they want to go and fight and die in some desert cesspool then let them. How about we encourage ... more
- Cleangirl on "Fat" Clive Palmer is fair game? Fat is the new smoker. more
- Cleangirl on How to stop youth going jihadist? Islam seems to cost us big time, will we ever get any benefit, or is this money insurance ? more
- James W on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Cleangirl, are you saying that nearly all of those found guilty of sex offences against children, don't go to jail? more
- fabrizio on Parents at forefront of terror war? Most mulsims not terrorists and have spoken up against it.Just like most catholics are not child abusers. more
- Join the Q Society on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? Oh well, back to the car, no delays there, LOL. more
- Tejas on Labor's broken promises generation So many books have been written about Labor recently, add this one to the list.Indeed, their demise from controlling all ... more
- Greg O on Baird polls on the rise I am not surprised. This shows the people of NSW are at last starting to think. If the corruption scandals involving the ... more
- Luigi T Cassimatis on Cyclists party to contest next election We need them in there like we need a bike seat up our backside. Dear oh dear it gets worse day by day with these creeps and ... more
- Gary on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? My wife and I used our Opal cards on the weekend. Not one problem, worked faultlessly, best thing ever for public ... more
- Ben on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? 1) Opal cards must become anonymous as promised and not delivered.2) Opal card system has to be fixed so that one does not ... more
- Samuel J James on Baird polls on the rise @Paulo - there is no other political party with the necessary credentials, the integrity, perspicacity or the skills needed ... more
- paulo on Baird polls on the rise Time to throw liberals out of NSW and try others. more
- fabio on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Catholic church in the West is almost irrelevant and hypocritical .No lectures from them. more
Abbott on parliamentary principles
Prime Minister Gillard had a choice of survival over principle in supporting Peter Slipper as Speaker. Hours later he resigned. Jason Morrison and Tony Abbott on the Opposition Leaders view on the dramatic events.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Labor has nominated Anna Burke as the new speaker of the House of Representatives. It follows a day of turmoil in the house as the previous speaker Peter Slipper survives a vote but resigns the position.
Breaking News: Peter Slipper has declared that he won't be continuing as Speaker of the federal parliament. An emotional Mr Slipper tonight told the lower house he is arranging his resignation. Have Your Say!
Both Abutt and Julia have proved one thing beyond doubt and that is they both do not deserve to be the PM.
I think people must not be a mouthpiece of either of the 2 parties for I doubt either of them actually care for us and the country.
Lets get back to work and do something useful.yusuf Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 11:18 AM
Ignorant bigot Phony Tony, I had said before that on international policies there is hardly any difference between Labour and Lieberal. On Indonesia, I think Phony did the right thing because he realises that while 'stop the boats' may be a good slogan for politicking, it is not good enough for governing. The problem has to be resolved through pragmatic realistic steps, certainly not by alienating our most important neighbour simply because the majority of the people there happen to be Muslims.
On China, Afghanistan, Iraq and Palestine too you won't see much differene between the two parties - on the last three both parties are dependent on what the Americans tell them to do.Terrence Monday 15 October, 2012 - 11:44 PM
Labor worm Terrence; Can you believe it, that very stupid Liberal idiot Tony Abbott is now offering Indonesia even more of our lazy borrowed $Billions of dollars, if they stop some boats coming here. What Abbott obviously should be saying to Indonesia is no-more-money until you stop the boats, clearly muslim Indonesia could easily stop all the illegal boats, now, in a flash, if they wanted to! Why is grovelling Australia funding muslim Indonesia's huge military operations/mosques etc. Especially when muslim Indonesia could very well one day attack us??? No wonder Indonesia has no respect for Australia only our money! Obviously Australia needs to seriously "get the sugar off the table"...the confused and maddened electorate are now like mad dogs chasing their tails in frustration...Labor or Liberal?? What a damned choice!PHONY TONY Monday 15 October, 2012 - 10:33 AM
It seems that the best speaker of the house has once again been relegated to the back benches. Is this because that Gillard the misandrist(man hater) still allows her sexist based and weird prejudices based on a sick ideology of socialism and communism to dirty up and undermine the parliment and Prime Ministership, someone in labor left the door open and in slipped a bogon. Is that the best labor can do, Harry Jenkins grow a set and stand up and lead some labor men on the back benches to man up they are not going to further thier career by being silent and allowing themselves to be bullied by this manipulative woman, you will not save your career this way. Susan you are right in that it is not just about the courts it is about the sanctity of parliment and the government as a whole.mick Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 5:28 PM
Abutt has only himself to blame for coming out worse in this saga. At least Slipper has apologised and good riddance! Abutt still hasn't and still leaves ample doubt about his disposition towards women.Franco Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 5:25 PM
I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for Peter Slipper. This is all of his own making and, every minute of his blubbering speech I was thinking of his Family! What must they think of his vile, disgusting text messages! Gillard and the other 69 MP's who yesterday put their jobs before the women of their electorates, by defending this man. I don't accept the lame excuse that this was a matter for the courts (just as they did with Thompson). The texts were out there for all to see and the court did not prevent their publication. They should hang their heads in shame for attempting to defend the indefenceable!Susan Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 1:47 PM