- Indian mum group founder speaks out
- Fire takes hold at Barangaroo
- Reg Livermore: stage royalty in Oz
- A captivating life with orangutans
- Hotseat: mum's group discrimination?
- Where is the internet headed?
- Teacher charged with indecent assault
- Sports Today: clash of heavyweights
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dean on Fire takes hold at Barangaroo Quick lets close the airport, stop the ferries and evacuate the city just in case this thing kicks up some dust. No such ... more
- Gary on Sydney's worst traffic snarl spots? I would like to nominate Bankstown, Stacey St from the M5 to the Hume Highway which is a total bottle neck, every day. A 5 ... more
- Jester4212 on Hotseat: mum's group discrimination? I think it *should* be ok. But like Dicko says, would it be ok to start an 'Anglo-Aussie mums' group? I think there would ... more
- Samuel J on How will credit changes affect you? How utterly stupid are the minions who brought this into play. Don't they realise people work longer today, travel more, ... more
- Jester4212 on Late doctors should give discounts? Agreed, very good point. Even appointments I've had first thing in the morning have been met with delay as the doctor has ... more
- Cleangirl on Buy local: vote with your wallet New car buyers cringed at buying an Australian car, so I`m glad they`ll at least buy Australian fruit from Coca-Cola Amital. more
- David Hoffman on Is terrorism behind missing plane? I am looking at this event through the lens of being a lifelong student of human behaviour. I know enough to believe that, ... more
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
Abbott on parliamentary principles
Prime Minister Gillard had a choice of survival over principle in supporting Peter Slipper as Speaker. Hours later he resigned. Jason Morrison and Tony Abbott on the Opposition Leaders view on the dramatic events.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Labor has nominated Anna Burke as the new speaker of the House of Representatives. It follows a day of turmoil in the house as the previous speaker Peter Slipper survives a vote but resigns the position.
Breaking News: Peter Slipper has declared that he won't be continuing as Speaker of the federal parliament. An emotional Mr Slipper tonight told the lower house he is arranging his resignation. Have Your Say!
Both Abutt and Julia have proved one thing beyond doubt and that is they both do not deserve to be the PM.
I think people must not be a mouthpiece of either of the 2 parties for I doubt either of them actually care for us and the country.
Lets get back to work and do something useful.yusuf Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 11:18 AM
Ignorant bigot Phony Tony, I had said before that on international policies there is hardly any difference between Labour and Lieberal. On Indonesia, I think Phony did the right thing because he realises that while 'stop the boats' may be a good slogan for politicking, it is not good enough for governing. The problem has to be resolved through pragmatic realistic steps, certainly not by alienating our most important neighbour simply because the majority of the people there happen to be Muslims.
On China, Afghanistan, Iraq and Palestine too you won't see much differene between the two parties - on the last three both parties are dependent on what the Americans tell them to do.Terrence Monday 15 October, 2012 - 11:44 PM
Labor worm Terrence; Can you believe it, that very stupid Liberal idiot Tony Abbott is now offering Indonesia even more of our lazy borrowed $Billions of dollars, if they stop some boats coming here. What Abbott obviously should be saying to Indonesia is no-more-money until you stop the boats, clearly muslim Indonesia could easily stop all the illegal boats, now, in a flash, if they wanted to! Why is grovelling Australia funding muslim Indonesia's huge military operations/mosques etc. Especially when muslim Indonesia could very well one day attack us??? No wonder Indonesia has no respect for Australia only our money! Obviously Australia needs to seriously "get the sugar off the table"...the confused and maddened electorate are now like mad dogs chasing their tails in frustration...Labor or Liberal?? What a damned choice!PHONY TONY Monday 15 October, 2012 - 10:33 AM
It seems that the best speaker of the house has once again been relegated to the back benches. Is this because that Gillard the misandrist(man hater) still allows her sexist based and weird prejudices based on a sick ideology of socialism and communism to dirty up and undermine the parliment and Prime Ministership, someone in labor left the door open and in slipped a bogon. Is that the best labor can do, Harry Jenkins grow a set and stand up and lead some labor men on the back benches to man up they are not going to further thier career by being silent and allowing themselves to be bullied by this manipulative woman, you will not save your career this way. Susan you are right in that it is not just about the courts it is about the sanctity of parliment and the government as a whole.mick Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 5:28 PM
Abutt has only himself to blame for coming out worse in this saga. At least Slipper has apologised and good riddance! Abutt still hasn't and still leaves ample doubt about his disposition towards women.Franco Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 5:25 PM
I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for Peter Slipper. This is all of his own making and, every minute of his blubbering speech I was thinking of his Family! What must they think of his vile, disgusting text messages! Gillard and the other 69 MP's who yesterday put their jobs before the women of their electorates, by defending this man. I don't accept the lame excuse that this was a matter for the courts (just as they did with Thompson). The texts were out there for all to see and the court did not prevent their publication. They should hang their heads in shame for attempting to defend the indefenceable!Susan Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 1:47 PM