- HMAS Darwin: Aussie pride at sea
- Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill
- Sydney suffering too many councils
- PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin
- Bob Carr: vote vindicates Aussie seat
- Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person'
- Court delay on Roger Rogerson case
- MH17: Putin behind the attack?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- NOT A GOOD LOOK... on The Whisper: lineup to be a Knight? How hypocritical and pretentious is that staunch republican ex-Governor General, Ms. Quentin Bryce. She jumped at Tony ... more
- WAKE UP AUSTRALIA on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Our moronic politicians get shabbier everyday, they obviously have no class. This is clearly a recipe for disaster! more
- 1959 GRANGE... on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill Obviously dying, suffering people with cancer urgently need medicinal cannabis and our constant support! In America they ... more
- ANGRY RATEPAYERS... on Sydney suffering too many councils Just got the big IPART $$$rate slug from useless, arrogant Holroyd/Merrylands council and what a complete joke this council ... more
- Terence on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Sorry John,I listened to that powderpuff of an interview this morning with Senator Lambie."Would a male MP get the same ... more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? Smoking gun, President Putin's body language speaks volumes, he is obviously as guilty as sin and he needs to be dealt with. ... more
- Chris Teller on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Jacqui Lambie is not exactly stacked so I would not bother taking a second look unless she had breast enhancements. more
- Keith A Tudor on UN unanimous vote on MH17 @Get Real - an excellent comment indeed. Putin sadly is not a leaders'bootlace. Just look at the face on it and the eyes ... more
- Greg O on Has the PM finally found his voice? I hope so. He has the ability but the time for him to make it look like he has it is well and truly overdue. more
- Greg O on Why do we need childcare subsidies This is getting ridiculous. What is next? Perhaps Government assistance for old blokes like me to go on fishing trips. ... more
- Cleangirl on Why do we need childcare subsidies Either give ALL mothers money or at least means test for low incomers. Why are we encouraging people to outsource their ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? One analogy you forgot to make is - what would Jacqui Lambie have said about Tony Abbott if he described his preferences and ... more
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 Putin eh! Just look at the face and the eyes embedded in it! A stark appearance/psysiognamy as cold and frozen like the ... more
- GOOD GOD...JESUS on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 I saw them devils on television throwing dead humans in body bags around like bags of potatoes. Russian President Putin and ... more
Abbott on parliamentary principles
Prime Minister Gillard had a choice of survival over principle in supporting Peter Slipper as Speaker. Hours later he resigned. Jason Morrison and Tony Abbott on the Opposition Leaders view on the dramatic events.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Labor has nominated Anna Burke as the new speaker of the House of Representatives. It follows a day of turmoil in the house as the previous speaker Peter Slipper survives a vote but resigns the position.
Breaking News: Peter Slipper has declared that he won't be continuing as Speaker of the federal parliament. An emotional Mr Slipper tonight told the lower house he is arranging his resignation. Have Your Say!
Both Abutt and Julia have proved one thing beyond doubt and that is they both do not deserve to be the PM.
I think people must not be a mouthpiece of either of the 2 parties for I doubt either of them actually care for us and the country.
Lets get back to work and do something useful.yusuf Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 11:18 AM
Ignorant bigot Phony Tony, I had said before that on international policies there is hardly any difference between Labour and Lieberal. On Indonesia, I think Phony did the right thing because he realises that while 'stop the boats' may be a good slogan for politicking, it is not good enough for governing. The problem has to be resolved through pragmatic realistic steps, certainly not by alienating our most important neighbour simply because the majority of the people there happen to be Muslims.
On China, Afghanistan, Iraq and Palestine too you won't see much differene between the two parties - on the last three both parties are dependent on what the Americans tell them to do.Terrence Monday 15 October, 2012 - 11:44 PM
Labor worm Terrence; Can you believe it, that very stupid Liberal idiot Tony Abbott is now offering Indonesia even more of our lazy borrowed $Billions of dollars, if they stop some boats coming here. What Abbott obviously should be saying to Indonesia is no-more-money until you stop the boats, clearly muslim Indonesia could easily stop all the illegal boats, now, in a flash, if they wanted to! Why is grovelling Australia funding muslim Indonesia's huge military operations/mosques etc. Especially when muslim Indonesia could very well one day attack us??? No wonder Indonesia has no respect for Australia only our money! Obviously Australia needs to seriously "get the sugar off the table"...the confused and maddened electorate are now like mad dogs chasing their tails in frustration...Labor or Liberal?? What a damned choice!PHONY TONY Monday 15 October, 2012 - 10:33 AM
It seems that the best speaker of the house has once again been relegated to the back benches. Is this because that Gillard the misandrist(man hater) still allows her sexist based and weird prejudices based on a sick ideology of socialism and communism to dirty up and undermine the parliment and Prime Ministership, someone in labor left the door open and in slipped a bogon. Is that the best labor can do, Harry Jenkins grow a set and stand up and lead some labor men on the back benches to man up they are not going to further thier career by being silent and allowing themselves to be bullied by this manipulative woman, you will not save your career this way. Susan you are right in that it is not just about the courts it is about the sanctity of parliment and the government as a whole.mick Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 5:28 PM
Abutt has only himself to blame for coming out worse in this saga. At least Slipper has apologised and good riddance! Abutt still hasn't and still leaves ample doubt about his disposition towards women.Franco Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 5:25 PM
I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for Peter Slipper. This is all of his own making and, every minute of his blubbering speech I was thinking of his Family! What must they think of his vile, disgusting text messages! Gillard and the other 69 MP's who yesterday put their jobs before the women of their electorates, by defending this man. I don't accept the lame excuse that this was a matter for the courts (just as they did with Thompson). The texts were out there for all to see and the court did not prevent their publication. They should hang their heads in shame for attempting to defend the indefenceable!Susan Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 1:47 PM