- The lone wolf: who is watching?
- McSchools for fast food education
- Rabbi's response to Greens Grinch
- Creep filming bums on beaches
- Canadian attack Canberra wake-up
- Horrific scenes of animal cruelty
- Love a garage sale bargain?
- Pyrmont bridge shared path dangers
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Truck crash at traffic hotspot I wish various authorities and media would stop calling these smashes involving trucks as 'accidents'. In almost every case ... more
- Tony on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM What a Tool!Lets hope one of the first things the SAS do in Iraq is to make this idiots day! more
- Realistic on The Whisper: Waste at Tafe Surprise surprise, long ago, thirty years back the Liberal NSW Education Minister Terry Metherell rightly said that TAFE was ... more
- ETERNITY... on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam Well Australia can thank Gough Whitlam and Al Grassby and indeed the Labor party for so called multicultural Sydney. more
- Laura on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Shocking, and thoughts go out to those personally affected; speedy recovery all. But let's have a proper (timely ... more
- Yusuf on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM Brain washed idiots. Lock them up and leave them there for life. more
- yusuf on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A man of real substance. My condolences to his family. more
- Yusuf on The Whisper: where burqa ban began Australia has its own values and freedoms and does not have to follow other countries. There are also examples of other ... more
- TEN FOUR... on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
Abbott on parliamentary principles
Prime Minister Gillard had a choice of survival over principle in supporting Peter Slipper as Speaker. Hours later he resigned. Jason Morrison and Tony Abbott on the Opposition Leaders view on the dramatic events.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Labor has nominated Anna Burke as the new speaker of the House of Representatives. It follows a day of turmoil in the house as the previous speaker Peter Slipper survives a vote but resigns the position.
Breaking News: Peter Slipper has declared that he won't be continuing as Speaker of the federal parliament. An emotional Mr Slipper tonight told the lower house he is arranging his resignation. Have Your Say!
Both Abutt and Julia have proved one thing beyond doubt and that is they both do not deserve to be the PM.
I think people must not be a mouthpiece of either of the 2 parties for I doubt either of them actually care for us and the country.
Lets get back to work and do something useful.yusuf Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 11:18 AM
Ignorant bigot Phony Tony, I had said before that on international policies there is hardly any difference between Labour and Lieberal. On Indonesia, I think Phony did the right thing because he realises that while 'stop the boats' may be a good slogan for politicking, it is not good enough for governing. The problem has to be resolved through pragmatic realistic steps, certainly not by alienating our most important neighbour simply because the majority of the people there happen to be Muslims.
On China, Afghanistan, Iraq and Palestine too you won't see much differene between the two parties - on the last three both parties are dependent on what the Americans tell them to do.Terrence Monday 15 October, 2012 - 11:44 PM
Labor worm Terrence; Can you believe it, that very stupid Liberal idiot Tony Abbott is now offering Indonesia even more of our lazy borrowed $Billions of dollars, if they stop some boats coming here. What Abbott obviously should be saying to Indonesia is no-more-money until you stop the boats, clearly muslim Indonesia could easily stop all the illegal boats, now, in a flash, if they wanted to! Why is grovelling Australia funding muslim Indonesia's huge military operations/mosques etc. Especially when muslim Indonesia could very well one day attack us??? No wonder Indonesia has no respect for Australia only our money! Obviously Australia needs to seriously "get the sugar off the table"...the confused and maddened electorate are now like mad dogs chasing their tails in frustration...Labor or Liberal?? What a damned choice!PHONY TONY Monday 15 October, 2012 - 10:33 AM
It seems that the best speaker of the house has once again been relegated to the back benches. Is this because that Gillard the misandrist(man hater) still allows her sexist based and weird prejudices based on a sick ideology of socialism and communism to dirty up and undermine the parliment and Prime Ministership, someone in labor left the door open and in slipped a bogon. Is that the best labor can do, Harry Jenkins grow a set and stand up and lead some labor men on the back benches to man up they are not going to further thier career by being silent and allowing themselves to be bullied by this manipulative woman, you will not save your career this way. Susan you are right in that it is not just about the courts it is about the sanctity of parliment and the government as a whole.mick Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 5:28 PM
Abutt has only himself to blame for coming out worse in this saga. At least Slipper has apologised and good riddance! Abutt still hasn't and still leaves ample doubt about his disposition towards women.Franco Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 5:25 PM
I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for Peter Slipper. This is all of his own making and, every minute of his blubbering speech I was thinking of his Family! What must they think of his vile, disgusting text messages! Gillard and the other 69 MP's who yesterday put their jobs before the women of their electorates, by defending this man. I don't accept the lame excuse that this was a matter for the courts (just as they did with Thompson). The texts were out there for all to see and the court did not prevent their publication. They should hang their heads in shame for attempting to defend the indefenceable!Susan Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 1:47 PM