- The lone wolf: who is watching?
- McSchools for fast food education
- Rabbi's response to Greens Grinch
- Creep filming bums on beaches
- Canadian attack Canberra wake-up
- Horrific scenes of animal cruelty
- Love a garage sale bargain?
- Pyrmont bridge shared path dangers
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Truck crash at traffic hotspot I wish various authorities and media would stop calling these smashes involving trucks as 'accidents'. In almost every case ... more
- Tony on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM What a Tool!Lets hope one of the first things the SAS do in Iraq is to make this idiots day! more
- Realistic on The Whisper: Waste at Tafe Surprise surprise, long ago, thirty years back the Liberal NSW Education Minister Terry Metherell rightly said that TAFE was ... more
- ETERNITY... on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam Well Australia can thank Gough Whitlam and Al Grassby and indeed the Labor party for so called multicultural Sydney. more
- Laura on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Shocking, and thoughts go out to those personally affected; speedy recovery all. But let's have a proper (timely ... more
- Yusuf on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM Brain washed idiots. Lock them up and leave them there for life. more
- yusuf on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A man of real substance. My condolences to his family. more
- Yusuf on The Whisper: where burqa ban began Australia has its own values and freedoms and does not have to follow other countries. There are also examples of other ... more
- TEN FOUR... on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
America mourns after massacre
In the US, at least 28 people, including up to 20 children between the ages of five and 10, have been killed in a mass shooting at the Sandy Hook primary school in Newton, a small town in rural Connecticut.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The deaths of 20 children in a devastating shooting rampage in the US state of Connecticut has once again reignited the debate over US gun laws that until now has yielded little change.
After the latest massacre, at the Sandy Hook Elementary School, President Barack Obama appeared on television with tears in his eyes to make an emotional plea for "meaningful action" in the wake of the latest outrage.
Cogressman Jerrold Nadler, a Democrat, says if now is not the time to have a serious discussion about gun control in the US, he doesn't know when there will be.
To change the laws, Obama needs Congress to act, and so far the Republican opposition has blocked all reforms of the federal gun laws, including a return of the ban on assault rifles passed under president Bill Clinton but which expired in 2004 under president George W Bush.
Defenders of the Second Amendment - which protects the right to carry guns in the US - insist that restrictions on the sale of semi-automatic weapons is not the solution.
The head of the Second Amendment Foundation, Alan Gottlieb added, there was nobody in that school who was allowed to have a firearm to protect themselves or the children.
US President Barack Obama is preparing to visit the small town of Newton - Connecticut left devastated by the massacre of students and teachers.
U.S. President Barack Obama has addressed a multi-denominational service in Newtown, Connecticut, the town where 26 people, 20 of them children were shot dead at the weekend.
A vigil is being held this afternoon at the Sandy Hook Elementary School, the scene of all but one of the killings by a 20 year old gunman.
The President has told the gathering, the entire nation is in mourning.
Unfortunately there is just too many under employed.. purposely under educated, depressed, welfare dependant, unethical, morally corrupt (politicians in largely Aussie Labor & the Union movement a typical example).. and we are allowing our Shores to be invaded by more of them.. supported by .. THOSE THAT THEY WILL VOTE FOR... Currently .. there is NO hope..The USA.. where I have visited over 80 times.. is no better or worse then Australia.. except the citizens WERE.. more advanced.. SO SO Sad for the families of these kids.. for the kids.. for the responders too. .. yet by and large..our current unethical goverments are to blame.. They don't care about you.. or me or your kids.. just How Deep the trougth is for their grubby hands to get into.. If Labor Had ANY ETHICS what so ever..Slipper would be gone..! Example complete.dave Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 11:52 AM
The political system in the United States has become corrupted by special interest groups and big money. Politicians no longer represent the people, but those who put them in power with their money and influence. These politicians owe favors to these special interests groups once elected, and then cast aside the regular voter like yesterday's garbage. The National Rifle Association is one of largest special interest groups in the United States, which is the marketing arm for the gun industry. I can go to any gun show in the United States and buy just about every assault rifle ever made. I can buy Kevlar armored vest, 100 round magazines, and just about every paramilitary product available. I can do it without criminal background check or rigid registration requirements. The United States is in step social decline and soon will reach third-world status. I'm ashamed to be an American.
You Australians live in a wonderful country and you must fight hard to preserve what you have, otherwise you'll end up like the United States. Learn from the yanks.Oliver Cowdery Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 1:33 PM
My good friend who has been working in the US for over 3 years, a few days ago told me she was getting out and coming home with great concern saying 'the good times are over' in miserable America 'things are very bad there' saying Obama's next 4 years will be more trouble and amazed that they stupidly voted him back in. Sadly Australia is happily heading down the dark track of all the other failed economies around the globe. Now we are seeing the end of the good times here too. We essentially must have good managing honest governments working for our very best interests, all of the time, unlike Labor!! The fraudulent Labor global warming carbon dioxide tax illustrates how bad things are and how worse they will get if Labor are re-elected. The only chance we have is Tony Abbott-Liberal who evidently will manage our country appropriately, I hope? Firstly by abolishing Labor's global warming carbon dioxide tax, stopping the illegal boats once again and stop all the wasted borrowing and repay our huge debt to China. And to put a stop to our jobs going off-shore! Failed and very questionable Labor are not even an option, arrogant Labor should be deeply ashamed of themselves & their treasonous conduct.GLOBAL WARMING FRAUD Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 10:34 AM
These avoidable tragedies are too common in America. It is time to amend their utterly outdated Constitution so as to permit rigid thorough regulation and control of the gun menace there.The right to bear firearms may have been relevant in America's wild west of the 18th century. It is no longer relevant today. Jump to it Mr Obama or sit on your hands and let the people suffer more and more with this utter nonsense!Jonathon L Benson Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 9:58 AM