- Sydney kids now addicted to meth?
- The Queen will not abdicate the throne
- Countdown trial for pedestrians
- Schoolies no worse this year?
- Amphetamine use on the increase
- Who will win big at ARIAS 2014
- Uber: the answer to Sydney cab rides?
- Baby found in Quakers Hill drain
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kylie Kelly on Baby found in Quakers Hill drain This will put the pro-abortionists into a frenzy. See how all life is precious, not just the politicians' lives, who ... more
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
America mourns after massacre
In the US, at least 28 people, including up to 20 children between the ages of five and 10, have been killed in a mass shooting at the Sandy Hook primary school in Newton, a small town in rural Connecticut.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The deaths of 20 children in a devastating shooting rampage in the US state of Connecticut has once again reignited the debate over US gun laws that until now has yielded little change.
After the latest massacre, at the Sandy Hook Elementary School, President Barack Obama appeared on television with tears in his eyes to make an emotional plea for "meaningful action" in the wake of the latest outrage.
Cogressman Jerrold Nadler, a Democrat, says if now is not the time to have a serious discussion about gun control in the US, he doesn't know when there will be.
To change the laws, Obama needs Congress to act, and so far the Republican opposition has blocked all reforms of the federal gun laws, including a return of the ban on assault rifles passed under president Bill Clinton but which expired in 2004 under president George W Bush.
Defenders of the Second Amendment - which protects the right to carry guns in the US - insist that restrictions on the sale of semi-automatic weapons is not the solution.
The head of the Second Amendment Foundation, Alan Gottlieb added, there was nobody in that school who was allowed to have a firearm to protect themselves or the children.
US President Barack Obama is preparing to visit the small town of Newton - Connecticut left devastated by the massacre of students and teachers.
U.S. President Barack Obama has addressed a multi-denominational service in Newtown, Connecticut, the town where 26 people, 20 of them children were shot dead at the weekend.
A vigil is being held this afternoon at the Sandy Hook Elementary School, the scene of all but one of the killings by a 20 year old gunman.
The President has told the gathering, the entire nation is in mourning.
Unfortunately there is just too many under employed.. purposely under educated, depressed, welfare dependant, unethical, morally corrupt (politicians in largely Aussie Labor & the Union movement a typical example).. and we are allowing our Shores to be invaded by more of them.. supported by .. THOSE THAT THEY WILL VOTE FOR... Currently .. there is NO hope..The USA.. where I have visited over 80 times.. is no better or worse then Australia.. except the citizens WERE.. more advanced.. SO SO Sad for the families of these kids.. for the kids.. for the responders too. .. yet by and large..our current unethical goverments are to blame.. They don't care about you.. or me or your kids.. just How Deep the trougth is for their grubby hands to get into.. If Labor Had ANY ETHICS what so ever..Slipper would be gone..! Example complete.dave Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 11:52 AM
The political system in the United States has become corrupted by special interest groups and big money. Politicians no longer represent the people, but those who put them in power with their money and influence. These politicians owe favors to these special interests groups once elected, and then cast aside the regular voter like yesterday's garbage. The National Rifle Association is one of largest special interest groups in the United States, which is the marketing arm for the gun industry. I can go to any gun show in the United States and buy just about every assault rifle ever made. I can buy Kevlar armored vest, 100 round magazines, and just about every paramilitary product available. I can do it without criminal background check or rigid registration requirements. The United States is in step social decline and soon will reach third-world status. I'm ashamed to be an American.
You Australians live in a wonderful country and you must fight hard to preserve what you have, otherwise you'll end up like the United States. Learn from the yanks.Oliver Cowdery Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 1:33 PM
My good friend who has been working in the US for over 3 years, a few days ago told me she was getting out and coming home with great concern saying 'the good times are over' in miserable America 'things are very bad there' saying Obama's next 4 years will be more trouble and amazed that they stupidly voted him back in. Sadly Australia is happily heading down the dark track of all the other failed economies around the globe. Now we are seeing the end of the good times here too. We essentially must have good managing honest governments working for our very best interests, all of the time, unlike Labor!! The fraudulent Labor global warming carbon dioxide tax illustrates how bad things are and how worse they will get if Labor are re-elected. The only chance we have is Tony Abbott-Liberal who evidently will manage our country appropriately, I hope? Firstly by abolishing Labor's global warming carbon dioxide tax, stopping the illegal boats once again and stop all the wasted borrowing and repay our huge debt to China. And to put a stop to our jobs going off-shore! Failed and very questionable Labor are not even an option, arrogant Labor should be deeply ashamed of themselves & their treasonous conduct.GLOBAL WARMING FRAUD Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 10:34 AM
These avoidable tragedies are too common in America. It is time to amend their utterly outdated Constitution so as to permit rigid thorough regulation and control of the gun menace there.The right to bear firearms may have been relevant in America's wild west of the 18th century. It is no longer relevant today. Jump to it Mr Obama or sit on your hands and let the people suffer more and more with this utter nonsense!Jonathon L Benson Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 9:58 AM