- Ban the burqa in parliament house?
- Burqa ban only for parliament house?
- More hotspots for Wi Fi in Sydney
- Who will win the NRL Grand Final?
- Should we extend daylight saving?
- Fuel theft adding to petrol costs
- Do you like Daylight Saving?
- Nominate the worst road in Sydney
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- WHEN IN ROME... on Ban the burqa in parliament house? For very good reason France banned the burqa and the the European Court of Human Rights agreed! We will one day do the same, ... more
- peter on More hotspots for Wi Fi in Sydney yep more access to your computer , they need everyone connectednow would be the time to put tape over your camera and cover ... more
- Tejas on Nominate the worst road in Sydney All roads that have awkward placed drain holes. Seriously. Instead of being right in the middle of the lane or right on the ... more
- Cleangirl on Ban the burqa in parliament house? Natasha Stott-Despoja thinks it`s ok, argues that it`s ok, so we know it`s a loopy idea to let people wear full face ... more
- Sam on Nominate the worst road in Sydney Pennant Hills Rd by far. So frustrating when your exiting the M1 & then have to sit in bumper to bumper traffic until you ... more
- peter on Ban the burqa in parliament house? if it is not good enough for parliament it is not good enough for our streets where most australians are why protect the ... more
- Marge on Burqa ban only for parliament house? We already have laws which dictate what is acceptable attire to be worn in public in this country. For example it is against ... more
- Jo on Burqa ban only for parliament house? So PM Tony Abbott thinks it should be banned in Parliament but not in a bank or the footie or any large gathering of ... more
- Jester4212 on Burqa ban only for parliament house? It should extend to anywhere where facial recognition is or may be required (like a bank). Exactly like people with hoodies ... more
- By Jingo on Burqa ban only for parliament house? No fear campaign . Just trying to keep us Aussies safe and give us a better place to live . Now the majority agree with that ... more
- James on Burqa ban only for parliament house? Criminal Ned Kelly wore a burqa and that didn't end well. Psychology maintains that an important part of human interaction ... more
- COMMON SENSE... on Burqa ban only for parliament house? You can't wear a motor cycle helmet into Parliament House so what's the difference . No burqa, no balaclava, no helmets, no ... more
- michael mazur on Lives lost serving the community What i got from that is that you don't pursue a hoon, just get his number, if you can't, too bad, as it won't be the just ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should we present our ID to vote? Our current shabbily abused electoral process clearly needs major reform. It is essential that we provide appropriate ... more
- James W on Nominate the worst road in Sydney The one heading north. Queenslander!!!! more
- Ben on Should we present our ID to vote? What ID?? more
- Cleangirl on Terrorism: why we shouldn't panic Yes we are fortunate most are not devout. more
- Craig on Should we present our ID to vote? It is the people who count them that we should be watching, google the latest Scottish vote and see what you think! more
- Join the Q Society on Drivers oblivious to their surrounds Most drivers are also oblivious to the road rules!http://www.youtube.com/dashcam55 more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Terrorism: why we shouldn't panic We shouldn't panic, because US President Obama last week said that "islam teaches peace"? more
America mourns after massacre
In the US, at least 28 people, including up to 20 children between the ages of five and 10, have been killed in a mass shooting at the Sandy Hook primary school in Newton, a small town in rural Connecticut.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The deaths of 20 children in a devastating shooting rampage in the US state of Connecticut has once again reignited the debate over US gun laws that until now has yielded little change.
After the latest massacre, at the Sandy Hook Elementary School, President Barack Obama appeared on television with tears in his eyes to make an emotional plea for "meaningful action" in the wake of the latest outrage.
Cogressman Jerrold Nadler, a Democrat, says if now is not the time to have a serious discussion about gun control in the US, he doesn't know when there will be.
To change the laws, Obama needs Congress to act, and so far the Republican opposition has blocked all reforms of the federal gun laws, including a return of the ban on assault rifles passed under president Bill Clinton but which expired in 2004 under president George W Bush.
Defenders of the Second Amendment - which protects the right to carry guns in the US - insist that restrictions on the sale of semi-automatic weapons is not the solution.
The head of the Second Amendment Foundation, Alan Gottlieb added, there was nobody in that school who was allowed to have a firearm to protect themselves or the children.
US President Barack Obama is preparing to visit the small town of Newton - Connecticut left devastated by the massacre of students and teachers.
U.S. President Barack Obama has addressed a multi-denominational service in Newtown, Connecticut, the town where 26 people, 20 of them children were shot dead at the weekend.
A vigil is being held this afternoon at the Sandy Hook Elementary School, the scene of all but one of the killings by a 20 year old gunman.
The President has told the gathering, the entire nation is in mourning.
Unfortunately there is just too many under employed.. purposely under educated, depressed, welfare dependant, unethical, morally corrupt (politicians in largely Aussie Labor & the Union movement a typical example).. and we are allowing our Shores to be invaded by more of them.. supported by .. THOSE THAT THEY WILL VOTE FOR... Currently .. there is NO hope..The USA.. where I have visited over 80 times.. is no better or worse then Australia.. except the citizens WERE.. more advanced.. SO SO Sad for the families of these kids.. for the kids.. for the responders too. .. yet by and large..our current unethical goverments are to blame.. They don't care about you.. or me or your kids.. just How Deep the trougth is for their grubby hands to get into.. If Labor Had ANY ETHICS what so ever..Slipper would be gone..! Example complete.dave Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 11:52 AM
The political system in the United States has become corrupted by special interest groups and big money. Politicians no longer represent the people, but those who put them in power with their money and influence. These politicians owe favors to these special interests groups once elected, and then cast aside the regular voter like yesterday's garbage. The National Rifle Association is one of largest special interest groups in the United States, which is the marketing arm for the gun industry. I can go to any gun show in the United States and buy just about every assault rifle ever made. I can buy Kevlar armored vest, 100 round magazines, and just about every paramilitary product available. I can do it without criminal background check or rigid registration requirements. The United States is in step social decline and soon will reach third-world status. I'm ashamed to be an American.
You Australians live in a wonderful country and you must fight hard to preserve what you have, otherwise you'll end up like the United States. Learn from the yanks.Oliver Cowdery Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 1:33 PM
My good friend who has been working in the US for over 3 years, a few days ago told me she was getting out and coming home with great concern saying 'the good times are over' in miserable America 'things are very bad there' saying Obama's next 4 years will be more trouble and amazed that they stupidly voted him back in. Sadly Australia is happily heading down the dark track of all the other failed economies around the globe. Now we are seeing the end of the good times here too. We essentially must have good managing honest governments working for our very best interests, all of the time, unlike Labor!! The fraudulent Labor global warming carbon dioxide tax illustrates how bad things are and how worse they will get if Labor are re-elected. The only chance we have is Tony Abbott-Liberal who evidently will manage our country appropriately, I hope? Firstly by abolishing Labor's global warming carbon dioxide tax, stopping the illegal boats once again and stop all the wasted borrowing and repay our huge debt to China. And to put a stop to our jobs going off-shore! Failed and very questionable Labor are not even an option, arrogant Labor should be deeply ashamed of themselves & their treasonous conduct.GLOBAL WARMING FRAUD Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 10:34 AM
These avoidable tragedies are too common in America. It is time to amend their utterly outdated Constitution so as to permit rigid thorough regulation and control of the gun menace there.The right to bear firearms may have been relevant in America's wild west of the 18th century. It is no longer relevant today. Jump to it Mr Obama or sit on your hands and let the people suffer more and more with this utter nonsense!Jonathon L Benson Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 9:58 AM