- It's Time: Heralded era of new politics
- Anger at teen jihadist's threats
- Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM
- The Whisper: Waste at Tafe
- Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough
- Gough Whitlam: a giant of our time
- Time to help out Ebola regions?
- Too young for homework?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Laura on Accident hotspot: northern beaches Shocking, and thoughts go out to those personally affected; speedy recovery all. But let's have a proper (timely ... more
- Yusuf on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM Brain washed idiots. Lock them up and leave them there for life. more
- yusuf on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A man of real substance. My condolences to his family. more
- Yusuf on The Whisper: where burqa ban began Australia has its own values and freedoms and does not have to follow other countries. There are also examples of other ... more
- TEN FOUR... on Accident hotspot: northern beaches Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on The Whisper: where burqa ban began France saw fit to ban the burqa but "sorry" Australia did not? more
- Raumann Gagnon on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A great leader , a warm friend . Always honest in what he did and said . Faithful to his beliefs and ideas . He shall be ... more
- REALISTIC on Drivers not tested for cocaine use? Well that explains all of the constant madness and road rage etc going on in our streets...so what are our invisible 'police ... more
- THE WEATHER on Perfect storm strikes across Sydney Well its soaking wet and freezing cold, could it be man 'made global warming' in disguise? Without the big dry and the ... more
- Cleangirl on Apologise to a culture of complaint Apologise because someone may choose to take offence ? more
- Join the Q Society on Apologise to a culture of complaint Non offensive T Shirt should have the same wording but with the Islamic State Flag! more
- Patriot on Apologise to a culture of complaint Slick and pretentious Woolworths obviously lack charisma and they lack credibility too. Woolworths will lose even more ... more
- Tanya on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets What a lot of utter BS, When the Greens don't like something you know its OK. When has the truth become "Totally ... more
- WHAT POLICE? on Sydney violence a generation thing? Excuses, excuses! Amazingly even with record police numbers, it is a struggle to find our invisible police force i.e. huge ... more
- Troy on Hillsong, more than just a church So tired of hearing from this woman anytime Hillsong is mentioned. She hasn't been there in well over a decade. She couldn't ... more
- Mr Creepy on Are 'fun police' banning everything? We have all seen it. A poodle mounts the leg of a bigger dog. The expression on the poodles face is a little amusing, a ... more
- Voluptuous Hypothesis on Sydney to bathe in blood moon? Just in time to watch the moon die. Blood moon exsanguinated. Eclipse reached totality. Here, north of Dallas, the moon ... more
- Cleangirl on Labor Party 'Headed for the rocks' Labor has to stop the Left-wing senseless rhetoric, and start looking out for the workers, their families and get some ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane It was reported that Islamic State agents are travelling in fours with false passports, posing as refugees to enter Europe! ... more
America mourns after massacre
In the US, at least 28 people, including up to 20 children between the ages of five and 10, have been killed in a mass shooting at the Sandy Hook primary school in Newton, a small town in rural Connecticut.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The deaths of 20 children in a devastating shooting rampage in the US state of Connecticut has once again reignited the debate over US gun laws that until now has yielded little change.
After the latest massacre, at the Sandy Hook Elementary School, President Barack Obama appeared on television with tears in his eyes to make an emotional plea for "meaningful action" in the wake of the latest outrage.
Cogressman Jerrold Nadler, a Democrat, says if now is not the time to have a serious discussion about gun control in the US, he doesn't know when there will be.
To change the laws, Obama needs Congress to act, and so far the Republican opposition has blocked all reforms of the federal gun laws, including a return of the ban on assault rifles passed under president Bill Clinton but which expired in 2004 under president George W Bush.
Defenders of the Second Amendment - which protects the right to carry guns in the US - insist that restrictions on the sale of semi-automatic weapons is not the solution.
The head of the Second Amendment Foundation, Alan Gottlieb added, there was nobody in that school who was allowed to have a firearm to protect themselves or the children.
US President Barack Obama is preparing to visit the small town of Newton - Connecticut left devastated by the massacre of students and teachers.
U.S. President Barack Obama has addressed a multi-denominational service in Newtown, Connecticut, the town where 26 people, 20 of them children were shot dead at the weekend.
A vigil is being held this afternoon at the Sandy Hook Elementary School, the scene of all but one of the killings by a 20 year old gunman.
The President has told the gathering, the entire nation is in mourning.
Unfortunately there is just too many under employed.. purposely under educated, depressed, welfare dependant, unethical, morally corrupt (politicians in largely Aussie Labor & the Union movement a typical example).. and we are allowing our Shores to be invaded by more of them.. supported by .. THOSE THAT THEY WILL VOTE FOR... Currently .. there is NO hope..The USA.. where I have visited over 80 times.. is no better or worse then Australia.. except the citizens WERE.. more advanced.. SO SO Sad for the families of these kids.. for the kids.. for the responders too. .. yet by and large..our current unethical goverments are to blame.. They don't care about you.. or me or your kids.. just How Deep the trougth is for their grubby hands to get into.. If Labor Had ANY ETHICS what so ever..Slipper would be gone..! Example complete.dave Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 11:52 AM
The political system in the United States has become corrupted by special interest groups and big money. Politicians no longer represent the people, but those who put them in power with their money and influence. These politicians owe favors to these special interests groups once elected, and then cast aside the regular voter like yesterday's garbage. The National Rifle Association is one of largest special interest groups in the United States, which is the marketing arm for the gun industry. I can go to any gun show in the United States and buy just about every assault rifle ever made. I can buy Kevlar armored vest, 100 round magazines, and just about every paramilitary product available. I can do it without criminal background check or rigid registration requirements. The United States is in step social decline and soon will reach third-world status. I'm ashamed to be an American.
You Australians live in a wonderful country and you must fight hard to preserve what you have, otherwise you'll end up like the United States. Learn from the yanks.Oliver Cowdery Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 1:33 PM
My good friend who has been working in the US for over 3 years, a few days ago told me she was getting out and coming home with great concern saying 'the good times are over' in miserable America 'things are very bad there' saying Obama's next 4 years will be more trouble and amazed that they stupidly voted him back in. Sadly Australia is happily heading down the dark track of all the other failed economies around the globe. Now we are seeing the end of the good times here too. We essentially must have good managing honest governments working for our very best interests, all of the time, unlike Labor!! The fraudulent Labor global warming carbon dioxide tax illustrates how bad things are and how worse they will get if Labor are re-elected. The only chance we have is Tony Abbott-Liberal who evidently will manage our country appropriately, I hope? Firstly by abolishing Labor's global warming carbon dioxide tax, stopping the illegal boats once again and stop all the wasted borrowing and repay our huge debt to China. And to put a stop to our jobs going off-shore! Failed and very questionable Labor are not even an option, arrogant Labor should be deeply ashamed of themselves & their treasonous conduct.GLOBAL WARMING FRAUD Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 10:34 AM
These avoidable tragedies are too common in America. It is time to amend their utterly outdated Constitution so as to permit rigid thorough regulation and control of the gun menace there.The right to bear firearms may have been relevant in America's wild west of the 18th century. It is no longer relevant today. Jump to it Mr Obama or sit on your hands and let the people suffer more and more with this utter nonsense!Jonathon L Benson Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 9:58 AM