- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Xenophon to set up political party
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
America mourns after massacre
In the US, at least 28 people, including up to 20 children between the ages of five and 10, have been killed in a mass shooting at the Sandy Hook primary school in Newton, a small town in rural Connecticut.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The deaths of 20 children in a devastating shooting rampage in the US state of Connecticut has once again reignited the debate over US gun laws that until now has yielded little change.
After the latest massacre, at the Sandy Hook Elementary School, President Barack Obama appeared on television with tears in his eyes to make an emotional plea for "meaningful action" in the wake of the latest outrage.
Cogressman Jerrold Nadler, a Democrat, says if now is not the time to have a serious discussion about gun control in the US, he doesn't know when there will be.
To change the laws, Obama needs Congress to act, and so far the Republican opposition has blocked all reforms of the federal gun laws, including a return of the ban on assault rifles passed under president Bill Clinton but which expired in 2004 under president George W Bush.
Defenders of the Second Amendment - which protects the right to carry guns in the US - insist that restrictions on the sale of semi-automatic weapons is not the solution.
The head of the Second Amendment Foundation, Alan Gottlieb added, there was nobody in that school who was allowed to have a firearm to protect themselves or the children.
US President Barack Obama is preparing to visit the small town of Newton - Connecticut left devastated by the massacre of students and teachers.
U.S. President Barack Obama has addressed a multi-denominational service in Newtown, Connecticut, the town where 26 people, 20 of them children were shot dead at the weekend.
A vigil is being held this afternoon at the Sandy Hook Elementary School, the scene of all but one of the killings by a 20 year old gunman.
The President has told the gathering, the entire nation is in mourning.
Unfortunately there is just too many under employed.. purposely under educated, depressed, welfare dependant, unethical, morally corrupt (politicians in largely Aussie Labor & the Union movement a typical example).. and we are allowing our Shores to be invaded by more of them.. supported by .. THOSE THAT THEY WILL VOTE FOR... Currently .. there is NO hope..The USA.. where I have visited over 80 times.. is no better or worse then Australia.. except the citizens WERE.. more advanced.. SO SO Sad for the families of these kids.. for the kids.. for the responders too. .. yet by and large..our current unethical goverments are to blame.. They don't care about you.. or me or your kids.. just How Deep the trougth is for their grubby hands to get into.. If Labor Had ANY ETHICS what so ever..Slipper would be gone..! Example complete.dave Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 11:52 AM
The political system in the United States has become corrupted by special interest groups and big money. Politicians no longer represent the people, but those who put them in power with their money and influence. These politicians owe favors to these special interests groups once elected, and then cast aside the regular voter like yesterday's garbage. The National Rifle Association is one of largest special interest groups in the United States, which is the marketing arm for the gun industry. I can go to any gun show in the United States and buy just about every assault rifle ever made. I can buy Kevlar armored vest, 100 round magazines, and just about every paramilitary product available. I can do it without criminal background check or rigid registration requirements. The United States is in step social decline and soon will reach third-world status. I'm ashamed to be an American.
You Australians live in a wonderful country and you must fight hard to preserve what you have, otherwise you'll end up like the United States. Learn from the yanks.Oliver Cowdery Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 1:33 PM
My good friend who has been working in the US for over 3 years, a few days ago told me she was getting out and coming home with great concern saying 'the good times are over' in miserable America 'things are very bad there' saying Obama's next 4 years will be more trouble and amazed that they stupidly voted him back in. Sadly Australia is happily heading down the dark track of all the other failed economies around the globe. Now we are seeing the end of the good times here too. We essentially must have good managing honest governments working for our very best interests, all of the time, unlike Labor!! The fraudulent Labor global warming carbon dioxide tax illustrates how bad things are and how worse they will get if Labor are re-elected. The only chance we have is Tony Abbott-Liberal who evidently will manage our country appropriately, I hope? Firstly by abolishing Labor's global warming carbon dioxide tax, stopping the illegal boats once again and stop all the wasted borrowing and repay our huge debt to China. And to put a stop to our jobs going off-shore! Failed and very questionable Labor are not even an option, arrogant Labor should be deeply ashamed of themselves & their treasonous conduct.GLOBAL WARMING FRAUD Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 10:34 AM
These avoidable tragedies are too common in America. It is time to amend their utterly outdated Constitution so as to permit rigid thorough regulation and control of the gun menace there.The right to bear firearms may have been relevant in America's wild west of the 18th century. It is no longer relevant today. Jump to it Mr Obama or sit on your hands and let the people suffer more and more with this utter nonsense!Jonathon L Benson Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 9:58 AM