- Flu season hitting early this year?
- How will credit changes affect you?
- Late doctors should give discounts?
- Sydney's worst traffic snarl spots?
- Ian Roberts: the effects of concussion
- Search for mystery flight MH370
- Mark Bosnich on his career at the net
- Hotseat: OK to profit off WWI?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David Hoffman on Is terrorism behind missing plane? I am looking at this event through the lens of being a lifelong student of human behaviour. I know enough to believe that, ... more
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
Anger over child abuse revelations
Child abuse figures for the Catholic Church are six times higher than other churches combined according to Professor Patrick Parkinson who discusses his latest findings with Ian 'Dicko' Dickson and Anjali Rao.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Victims of child abuse within the Catholic Church say a Royal Commission is urgently needed
Prime Minister Julia Gillard is under increasing pressure to establish a national inquiry with a number of Federal MPs joining the push.
Mark Fabro from Survivors Network has told Dicko and Anjali a Royal Commission would be a huge step in the healing process.
Independent Senator Nick Xenophon has vowed to introduce a private members bill for a Royal Commission into abuse in the Catholic Church if the Prime Minister doesn't establish one.
Calls are growing for a national inquiry into allegations of widespread abuse with some Labor MPs also joining the push.
Senator Xenophon says a Royal Commission is what is truly needed.
Independent senator Nick Xenophon has criticised Australia's most senior Catholic, Cardinal George Pell, for claiming sexual abuse by church members is historic.
As he repeated his call for a national royal commission into sex abuse by the church, Senator Xenophon said Cardinal Pell was wrong to consign the epidemic of abuse to history.
Cardinal Pell told News Limited on the weekend that abuse and subsequent cover-ups were largely historic and not part of a systemic failing within the church.
But Senator Xenophon says victims are still suffering today and a royal commission is the best way to help them heal by uncovering the truth. (AAP)
Prime Minister Julia Gillard is expected to establish a royal commission into child sex abuse in the Catholic Church.
The demand for a national response comes after NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell last week announced a special commission to investigate allegations of abuse by clergy in the Hunter region and a possible cover-up.
A separate Victorian parliamentary inquiry is already examining religious abuse in that state.
Paul Murray on an announcement expected from the Prime Minister.
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has agreed to a royal commission into institutional responses to allegations of child abuse in Australia.
John Stanley speaks with Joanne McCarthy, an Investigative Journalist with the Newcastle Herald. Her 6 years of investigations have done much to bring the pedophile priests to account in the media.
On the streets where we live around Sydney there are families with youth who are unemployed, and considered long term unemployed. Jason Morrison looks at the suburbs and seeks out how we can fix this.
I do not believe that Demonising the Catholic Church is going to solve any problems here there are many other areas of Inquiry that would be better looked at or followed when it comes to Child Abuse in all of its disgusting forms! What about The Australian Law Courts (Conviction & Sentences) to be reviewed they are much to soft on Creeps who are charged with these crimes. An Inquiry into the Blue Card System on a National Level, so state borders do not cause problems, also current holders and issue of these cards to be reviewed periodically. Everyone should be held accountable not just the Catholic Church!Peter B Monday 12 November, 2012 - 3:07 PM
Im all for bringing paedophiles to justice whoever they are. But the timing is a little too convenient. Could this be the vehicle to fund the 300 billion dollars Clinton is going to demand from Australia this week. Everything that occurs in the next few months and has any financial ramifications will have everything to do with a financial bail out of America and little else. I know what parties own the Catholic Church so I have no problem with the end of their regime of terror. But why does the US refuse to stand like men and fight the 2 families face to face and eye to eye. Why do they continue to have nations like Australia do their dirty work. They are creating more and more enemy nations at a time when it is critical to maintain allies.Translation from Media to English Monday 12 November, 2012 - 2:53 PM
this issue on the church is making massive news around the middle east. they are attcking the church for there problems. intresting how each country pick up on other religions and attacks.Hassan Monday 12 November, 2012 - 2:46 PM