- $1.5 million for Sydney council spin?
- Muslims4Australia Lakemba Rally
- Beheading not for freedom but fear
- What is age appropriate clothing?
- World goes to hell in a hand basket
- Drones growing in popularity
- Your questions about the Opal Card
- Who is funding the evil Islamic State?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- O.I.L. on Who is funding the evil Islamic State? They claim islam to be a peaceful religion? Just whereabouts? more
- James W on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Abbott has lost his way already, so many broken promises. Unemployment higher than in the depths of the 2nd worst global ... more
- peter on Millers Point sales shock investors This was the home for 6 people working in the city up until the last tennant died 4 years ago. all it ever needed was a coat ... more
- With friends like this Who needs enemies on The dangers we face with air drops? You probably think you know who makes the most money from Australia. You probably think it is Gina Rinehart or Andrew ... more
- peter on Smokes rise by $2.80 a packet I smoked and loved it for 35 yrs then I read a book on stopping and stopped before I finished the book by Allen Carr ... more
- Wendy on Proposal with a $1million donation Is it possible to get on Mr Moini's target list? My grandson has type 1 diabetes. A team at Newcastle University are in ... more
- Cleangirl on Will price hikes stop smokers? If it does we should try it with Alcohol, pokies and childcare. more
- Tony on SAS join Aussie airdrops in Iraq? If this is the case, then IS should now collectively go out into the desert and blow whats left of their pathetic brains ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on My religion needs fixing? What sort of "religion" chops people's heads off? more
- Samuel J on Extremists the enemy of Islam All right thinking countries around the world need to come down on these islamic damned extremists like a ton of bricks. ... more
- John Harvey on Stopping fighters heading overseas let them go just do not let them back into the country more
- Cleangirl on Extremists the enemy of Islam Extreme Islam or mediocre Islam ? Look at all the Islamic nations, extreme overrides mediocrity every time. more
- Vivien Ellison on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Tony Abbott, John Howard, Peter Costello and Scott Morrison are the best people that have ever been in Australian ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Stopping fighters heading overseas @Tony - excellent comment. I support that including confiscation of their passports as well as their assets forfeited to the ... more
- Citizen Slain on War looming in the Middle East We would all very much like to believe in the integrity and decency of modern government however the reality is very ... more
- Greg O on Regional relocation grants scrapped I did consider it and actually did it forty years ago. National Service took me out of Sydney and showed me there is ... more
- Greg O on Drug action in female prisons There has been plenty of first class facilities to deal with drug addiction for decades in not only women's prisons but male ... more
- Peter Ulmer on My religion needs fixing? Glen Mohammed is impressive as you say. Sadly he is one voice in what appears to be a minority view within his community. I ... more
- James W on One way ticket for Islamic radicals Let's buy anyone who wants to get involved in other country's affairs, a one way ticket. Mr Abbott, we'll book you ticket, ... more
- Cindy on Millers Point sales shock investors This minister has yet to meet with the residents on Millers Point personally even after continuous requests. Sales at ... more
Anger over child abuse revelations
Child abuse figures for the Catholic Church are six times higher than other churches combined according to Professor Patrick Parkinson who discusses his latest findings with Ian 'Dicko' Dickson and Anjali Rao.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Victims of child abuse within the Catholic Church say a Royal Commission is urgently needed
Prime Minister Julia Gillard is under increasing pressure to establish a national inquiry with a number of Federal MPs joining the push.
Mark Fabro from Survivors Network has told Dicko and Anjali a Royal Commission would be a huge step in the healing process.
Independent Senator Nick Xenophon has vowed to introduce a private members bill for a Royal Commission into abuse in the Catholic Church if the Prime Minister doesn't establish one.
Calls are growing for a national inquiry into allegations of widespread abuse with some Labor MPs also joining the push.
Senator Xenophon says a Royal Commission is what is truly needed.
Independent senator Nick Xenophon has criticised Australia's most senior Catholic, Cardinal George Pell, for claiming sexual abuse by church members is historic.
As he repeated his call for a national royal commission into sex abuse by the church, Senator Xenophon said Cardinal Pell was wrong to consign the epidemic of abuse to history.
Cardinal Pell told News Limited on the weekend that abuse and subsequent cover-ups were largely historic and not part of a systemic failing within the church.
But Senator Xenophon says victims are still suffering today and a royal commission is the best way to help them heal by uncovering the truth. (AAP)
Prime Minister Julia Gillard is expected to establish a royal commission into child sex abuse in the Catholic Church.
The demand for a national response comes after NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell last week announced a special commission to investigate allegations of abuse by clergy in the Hunter region and a possible cover-up.
A separate Victorian parliamentary inquiry is already examining religious abuse in that state.
Paul Murray on an announcement expected from the Prime Minister.
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has agreed to a royal commission into institutional responses to allegations of child abuse in Australia.
John Stanley speaks with Joanne McCarthy, an Investigative Journalist with the Newcastle Herald. Her 6 years of investigations have done much to bring the pedophile priests to account in the media.
On the streets where we live around Sydney there are families with youth who are unemployed, and considered long term unemployed. Jason Morrison looks at the suburbs and seeks out how we can fix this.
I do not believe that Demonising the Catholic Church is going to solve any problems here there are many other areas of Inquiry that would be better looked at or followed when it comes to Child Abuse in all of its disgusting forms! What about The Australian Law Courts (Conviction & Sentences) to be reviewed they are much to soft on Creeps who are charged with these crimes. An Inquiry into the Blue Card System on a National Level, so state borders do not cause problems, also current holders and issue of these cards to be reviewed periodically. Everyone should be held accountable not just the Catholic Church!Peter B Monday 12 November, 2012 - 3:07 PM
Im all for bringing paedophiles to justice whoever they are. But the timing is a little too convenient. Could this be the vehicle to fund the 300 billion dollars Clinton is going to demand from Australia this week. Everything that occurs in the next few months and has any financial ramifications will have everything to do with a financial bail out of America and little else. I know what parties own the Catholic Church so I have no problem with the end of their regime of terror. But why does the US refuse to stand like men and fight the 2 families face to face and eye to eye. Why do they continue to have nations like Australia do their dirty work. They are creating more and more enemy nations at a time when it is critical to maintain allies.Translation from Media to English Monday 12 November, 2012 - 2:53 PM
this issue on the church is making massive news around the middle east. they are attcking the church for there problems. intresting how each country pick up on other religions and attacks.Hassan Monday 12 November, 2012 - 2:46 PM