- How to attract the perfect partner?
- Wendy Matthews: Campfire Festival
- Jodi McKay to contest Strathfield
- Too many truck accidents
- The lone wolf: who is watching?
- McSchools for fast food education
- Rabbi's response to Greens Grinch
- Creep filming bums on beaches
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN on Too many truck accidents The police need to get with the times, technology can go a long way in stopping rogue truck drivers and other crime. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Greens Grinch against Christmas @Judith - well said. They are also a band of wanton lunatics that should never be allowed to enter any form of public ... more
- peter on The lone wolf: who is watching? as long as the lone wolf starts at the top and works his way down the food chain it wont affect most Australianspollies then ... more
- MARY CHRISTMAS on Greens Grinch against Christmas So called religious tolerance is only for certain types and certainly not for Christians. Christianity is the most ... more
- Janelle on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens councillor from Woollahra has a point in that the function he is referring to is to be funded by the Woollahra ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on The lone wolf: who is watching? It would not be so bad if there were only "one lone wolf", however these so called lone wolves pop up like mushrooms hidden ... more
- Cleangirl on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens are ruining Australia with their Political Correctness terrorism. more
- Join the Q Society on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Cleangirl has said it all! more
- Join the Q Society on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Local Government Minster should sack this ^&*(%$ person! more
- Leon on Greens Grinch against Christmas You want to celebrate a fairy tale do it at home. I'm sick of the child abuse that comes with brainwashing children. more
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
Anger over child abuse revelations
Child abuse figures for the Catholic Church are six times higher than other churches combined according to Professor Patrick Parkinson who discusses his latest findings with Ian 'Dicko' Dickson and Anjali Rao.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Victims of child abuse within the Catholic Church say a Royal Commission is urgently needed
Prime Minister Julia Gillard is under increasing pressure to establish a national inquiry with a number of Federal MPs joining the push.
Mark Fabro from Survivors Network has told Dicko and Anjali a Royal Commission would be a huge step in the healing process.
Independent Senator Nick Xenophon has vowed to introduce a private members bill for a Royal Commission into abuse in the Catholic Church if the Prime Minister doesn't establish one.
Calls are growing for a national inquiry into allegations of widespread abuse with some Labor MPs also joining the push.
Senator Xenophon says a Royal Commission is what is truly needed.
Independent senator Nick Xenophon has criticised Australia's most senior Catholic, Cardinal George Pell, for claiming sexual abuse by church members is historic.
As he repeated his call for a national royal commission into sex abuse by the church, Senator Xenophon said Cardinal Pell was wrong to consign the epidemic of abuse to history.
Cardinal Pell told News Limited on the weekend that abuse and subsequent cover-ups were largely historic and not part of a systemic failing within the church.
But Senator Xenophon says victims are still suffering today and a royal commission is the best way to help them heal by uncovering the truth. (AAP)
Prime Minister Julia Gillard is expected to establish a royal commission into child sex abuse in the Catholic Church.
The demand for a national response comes after NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell last week announced a special commission to investigate allegations of abuse by clergy in the Hunter region and a possible cover-up.
A separate Victorian parliamentary inquiry is already examining religious abuse in that state.
Paul Murray on an announcement expected from the Prime Minister.
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has agreed to a royal commission into institutional responses to allegations of child abuse in Australia.
John Stanley speaks with Joanne McCarthy, an Investigative Journalist with the Newcastle Herald. Her 6 years of investigations have done much to bring the pedophile priests to account in the media.
On the streets where we live around Sydney there are families with youth who are unemployed, and considered long term unemployed. Jason Morrison looks at the suburbs and seeks out how we can fix this.
I do not believe that Demonising the Catholic Church is going to solve any problems here there are many other areas of Inquiry that would be better looked at or followed when it comes to Child Abuse in all of its disgusting forms! What about The Australian Law Courts (Conviction & Sentences) to be reviewed they are much to soft on Creeps who are charged with these crimes. An Inquiry into the Blue Card System on a National Level, so state borders do not cause problems, also current holders and issue of these cards to be reviewed periodically. Everyone should be held accountable not just the Catholic Church!Peter B Monday 12 November, 2012 - 3:07 PM
Im all for bringing paedophiles to justice whoever they are. But the timing is a little too convenient. Could this be the vehicle to fund the 300 billion dollars Clinton is going to demand from Australia this week. Everything that occurs in the next few months and has any financial ramifications will have everything to do with a financial bail out of America and little else. I know what parties own the Catholic Church so I have no problem with the end of their regime of terror. But why does the US refuse to stand like men and fight the 2 families face to face and eye to eye. Why do they continue to have nations like Australia do their dirty work. They are creating more and more enemy nations at a time when it is critical to maintain allies.Translation from Media to English Monday 12 November, 2012 - 2:53 PM
this issue on the church is making massive news around the middle east. they are attcking the church for there problems. intresting how each country pick up on other religions and attacks.Hassan Monday 12 November, 2012 - 2:46 PM