- 100th anniversary of the Anzacs
- Do we really need local councils?
- Phil Hughes 'critical' in St Vincents
- What is the cause of autism?
- 106 days looking for a park?
- Ryan Ruffles: a rising golf star
- Palmer moves on from Lambie
- Sydney kids now addicted to meth?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kylie Kelly on Baby found in Quakers Hill drain This will put the pro-abortionists into a frenzy. See how all life is precious, not just the politicians' lives, who ... more
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
Anger over child abuse revelations
Child abuse figures for the Catholic Church are six times higher than other churches combined according to Professor Patrick Parkinson who discusses his latest findings with Ian 'Dicko' Dickson and Anjali Rao.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Victims of child abuse within the Catholic Church say a Royal Commission is urgently needed
Prime Minister Julia Gillard is under increasing pressure to establish a national inquiry with a number of Federal MPs joining the push.
Mark Fabro from Survivors Network has told Dicko and Anjali a Royal Commission would be a huge step in the healing process.
Independent Senator Nick Xenophon has vowed to introduce a private members bill for a Royal Commission into abuse in the Catholic Church if the Prime Minister doesn't establish one.
Calls are growing for a national inquiry into allegations of widespread abuse with some Labor MPs also joining the push.
Senator Xenophon says a Royal Commission is what is truly needed.
Independent senator Nick Xenophon has criticised Australia's most senior Catholic, Cardinal George Pell, for claiming sexual abuse by church members is historic.
As he repeated his call for a national royal commission into sex abuse by the church, Senator Xenophon said Cardinal Pell was wrong to consign the epidemic of abuse to history.
Cardinal Pell told News Limited on the weekend that abuse and subsequent cover-ups were largely historic and not part of a systemic failing within the church.
But Senator Xenophon says victims are still suffering today and a royal commission is the best way to help them heal by uncovering the truth. (AAP)
Prime Minister Julia Gillard is expected to establish a royal commission into child sex abuse in the Catholic Church.
The demand for a national response comes after NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell last week announced a special commission to investigate allegations of abuse by clergy in the Hunter region and a possible cover-up.
A separate Victorian parliamentary inquiry is already examining religious abuse in that state.
Paul Murray on an announcement expected from the Prime Minister.
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has agreed to a royal commission into institutional responses to allegations of child abuse in Australia.
John Stanley speaks with Joanne McCarthy, an Investigative Journalist with the Newcastle Herald. Her 6 years of investigations have done much to bring the pedophile priests to account in the media.
On the streets where we live around Sydney there are families with youth who are unemployed, and considered long term unemployed. Jason Morrison looks at the suburbs and seeks out how we can fix this.
I do not believe that Demonising the Catholic Church is going to solve any problems here there are many other areas of Inquiry that would be better looked at or followed when it comes to Child Abuse in all of its disgusting forms! What about The Australian Law Courts (Conviction & Sentences) to be reviewed they are much to soft on Creeps who are charged with these crimes. An Inquiry into the Blue Card System on a National Level, so state borders do not cause problems, also current holders and issue of these cards to be reviewed periodically. Everyone should be held accountable not just the Catholic Church!Peter B Monday 12 November, 2012 - 3:07 PM
Im all for bringing paedophiles to justice whoever they are. But the timing is a little too convenient. Could this be the vehicle to fund the 300 billion dollars Clinton is going to demand from Australia this week. Everything that occurs in the next few months and has any financial ramifications will have everything to do with a financial bail out of America and little else. I know what parties own the Catholic Church so I have no problem with the end of their regime of terror. But why does the US refuse to stand like men and fight the 2 families face to face and eye to eye. Why do they continue to have nations like Australia do their dirty work. They are creating more and more enemy nations at a time when it is critical to maintain allies.Translation from Media to English Monday 12 November, 2012 - 2:53 PM
this issue on the church is making massive news around the middle east. they are attcking the church for there problems. intresting how each country pick up on other religions and attacks.Hassan Monday 12 November, 2012 - 2:46 PM