- Baird shows huge political courage
- Still cook to Nana's recipes?
- Guy Sebastian is back with Madness
- Halal certification funding terrorists?
- Too much lack of respect these days?
- Eddie Obeid set to face court
- Would you prefer to vote online
- Can you trust a politician's promise?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
- Greg O on Obama urges Australia to "step up" I am out in my backyard at the moment and am all set to save the environment. I have a Jim's Mowing hat, Steve Irwin shirt ... more
Anti-Vac group told to change name
An anti-vaccination group will be forced to change its name in the new year because its current name could mislead parents. Fair Trading Minister Anthony Roberts has called people like the group ‘nutjobs’.
Mr Roberts confirmed a formal order had been issued for the Australian Vaccination Network to adopt a new name.
He tells 2UE's Tracey Spicer and Tim Webster the directive came from NSW Fair Trading Commissioner Rod Stowe and gives the group until February 21 to apply for a new name.
If the association misses the deadline, its registration may be cancelled.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
It is not the first time the group has been targeted by a government body.
In February this year, the Australian Vaccination Network won a court battle against the health care watchdog, which had issued a public warning about the association and ordered it to place a message on its website stating that it "should not be read as medical advice".
The NSW Supreme Court ruled the Health Care Complaints Commission (HCCC) had no jurisdiction to issue a public warning about the Australian Vaccination Network.
The HCCC issued the warning after it investigated the website following complaints from a NSW couple whose four-week-old daughter died from whooping cough. (AAP)
News footage from the Sandy Hook massacre could invoke "vicarious trauma" in young people, parents urged to be mindful about their children's exposure. John Stanley on explaining the news to children.
A new opinion poll shows the Coalition would easily win a federal election, but Tony Abbott's popularity continues to suffer. The Nielsen poll has the Coalition leading Labor 52 to 48 after preferences.
Robert, you're wrong. They are under attack because they are lying about vaccines. That makes them fair game for every reasonable and rational human being on the planet.TLPG Monday 17 December, 2012 - 8:41 PM
Hi, with regards the anti vaccination knobs, the AMA might have raised the issue, but I was one of the people who formally complained about this organisation and it's misleading and deceptive name. As a mother, I was *SCAMMED* into not vaccinating my child and putting my childs life at risk based on their lies. The internet is full of nutjobs, we shouldn't allow them to hide behind faked legitimacy of misleading names. Good on the NSW Government for manning up and taking a stand.Ilyria Monday 17 December, 2012 - 5:57 PM
They're messing with big-pharma and the elitists when they take on the vaccination problem. They will always be under attack.Robert Monday 17 December, 2012 - 3:08 PM