- Anzac Day: who do you remember?
- Royal tour: what it meant for us?
- Anzac Day: Lest We Forget
- Father hugs man who killed daughter
- Anzac Day two-up: where to play?
- Time for Charles to be King?
- Why are pensioners in the pinch?
- Taxi driver anger at ridesharing app
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Vivienne on Time for Charles to be King? Why is there this continual speculation about the queen "stepping down"? Would there be the same if she were a king instead? ... more
- Cleangirl on Time for Charles to be King? We all know Charles is a dill, the Queen should bypass him for William. more
- Tangled Web on Why are pensioners in the pinch? Well that blatant hypocrite, no "heavy lifting" for big Joe Hockey, him and Tony Abbott need to look in the mirror. Big Joe ... more
- Julie on Why are pensioners in the pinch? I heard a caller on radio today suggest that the blowout in Age Pensions is due to the increase in single age pensioners. ... more
- Greg O on Get set for a brutal budget? adriano. Back in about 2007 just before the financial crisis hit us a little and the Northern Hemisphere a lot, the rich ... more
- Bao Tran on Get set for a brutal budget? I think the government has it wrong with the medicare co-payment. Everyone should be entitled to "free" GP or emergency ... more
- Tony on Get set for a brutal budget? Better than spending what we don't have and burdening future generations with paying back Labor's drunken sailor policies! ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Get set for a brutal budget? I trust the budget of Hockey's will seriously address the utterly overstaffed Australian public service. It needs an axe ... more
- Tony on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Take a pill guys! this is a already funded purchase and is bi-partisan, granted these aircraft are pricy and have problems, ... more
- adriano on Get set for a brutal budget? Watch libs cut budget for the poor while the rich are spared. more
- adriano on 20 police officers charged this year Cops are whiter than white.How do they reflect more than 200 nationalities in Aus? more
- Samuel J on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? @ Tangled Web posting here - you are tangled alright. Utterly stupid comments you have made. Open your eyes and look at the ... more
- Greg O on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bill seems to be caught in the middle here. He knows what the Party wants but he has to try and present an image that will ... more
- Greg O on 20 police officers charged this year Only 20? Many years ago a young police officer was presenting a road safety lecture to the staff where I was working. One ... more
- Greg O on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? I can remember in my school days seeing Mustang, Meteor and Vampire fighters flying around. They were followed by the Sabre ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on 20 police officers charged this year Yes. It is one set of standards for them and another set of clear laws for us citizens. The management of police should be ... more
- Cleangirl on 20 police officers charged this year Standards are low, Tattoos, fatties, shorties, light weights and facial hair. The males aren`t much better. more
- Cleangirl on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? That's half what Indonesia spends, and we give them financial aid. more
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
Anti-Vac group told to change name
An anti-vaccination group will be forced to change its name in the new year because its current name could mislead parents. Fair Trading Minister Anthony Roberts has called people like the group ‘nutjobs’.
Mr Roberts confirmed a formal order had been issued for the Australian Vaccination Network to adopt a new name.
He tells 2UE's Tracey Spicer and Tim Webster the directive came from NSW Fair Trading Commissioner Rod Stowe and gives the group until February 21 to apply for a new name.
If the association misses the deadline, its registration may be cancelled.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
It is not the first time the group has been targeted by a government body.
In February this year, the Australian Vaccination Network won a court battle against the health care watchdog, which had issued a public warning about the association and ordered it to place a message on its website stating that it "should not be read as medical advice".
The NSW Supreme Court ruled the Health Care Complaints Commission (HCCC) had no jurisdiction to issue a public warning about the Australian Vaccination Network.
The HCCC issued the warning after it investigated the website following complaints from a NSW couple whose four-week-old daughter died from whooping cough. (AAP)
News footage from the Sandy Hook massacre could invoke "vicarious trauma" in young people, parents urged to be mindful about their children's exposure. John Stanley on explaining the news to children.
A new opinion poll shows the Coalition would easily win a federal election, but Tony Abbott's popularity continues to suffer. The Nielsen poll has the Coalition leading Labor 52 to 48 after preferences.
Robert, you're wrong. They are under attack because they are lying about vaccines. That makes them fair game for every reasonable and rational human being on the planet.TLPG Monday 17 December, 2012 - 8:41 PM
Hi, with regards the anti vaccination knobs, the AMA might have raised the issue, but I was one of the people who formally complained about this organisation and it's misleading and deceptive name. As a mother, I was *SCAMMED* into not vaccinating my child and putting my childs life at risk based on their lies. The internet is full of nutjobs, we shouldn't allow them to hide behind faked legitimacy of misleading names. Good on the NSW Government for manning up and taking a stand.Ilyria Monday 17 December, 2012 - 5:57 PM
They're messing with big-pharma and the elitists when they take on the vaccination problem. They will always be under attack.Robert Monday 17 December, 2012 - 3:08 PM