- "Islam" absent over UK terrorism?
- Vivid Sydney lights up the CBD
- Was the Warner fine appropriate?
- Tom Richards, Wallaby Warrior
- Call to ban live sporting odds on TV
- Protecting against insidious terrorism
- Tributes flow for Hazel Hawke
- Open Mic: Distance Education
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Peter on Ford to cut production in Australia And now the ACTU come charging in on their white donkey, guns ablazing seeing who they can hit in a ridiculous attempt to ... more
- peter on Was the Warner fine appropriate? Cricket, football, soccer, racing just about any sport these days is subject to bizarre and draconian laws of conduct that ... more
- Simon on Ford to cut production in Australia communism in the making. So who controls it all? lets not be niave about this. more
- Peter on Protecting against insidious terrorism Of course there will be copycat attacks, the followers of the religion of peace believe that everyone that does not believe ... more
- CARMEN on Tributes flow for Hazel Hawke The passing of Mrs. Hazel Hawke has really saddened me...I had a lot of respect for this wonderful person who always came ... more
- Douglas on Ford to cut production in Australia At least the workers are getting 3 years notice, better then 3 days more
- Keith A Tudor on 19 new charges against Thomson And so the charges pour in and are added to the mass of other charges already preferred against this joker - yet it drags on ... more
- Samuel Kyrikos on Ford to cut production in Australia I agree this has been coming your years. Little or no productivity and vehicle improvements. I believe the trade unionists ... more
- paulo on UK terror: soldier hacked to death Robert.I studied history and most people know that the nazis wanted to dominate europe .They also murdered ... more
- paulo on UK terror: soldier hacked to death So Peter you are an example of what i said about extremism or You accuse muslims of rioting ,raping, riots yet you forget ... more
- Peter on UK terror: soldier hacked to death @ Robert: I think you might be the one who needs to research WWII. This time open your eyes. more
- Katrina Haller on Calls to legalise euthanasia in NSW Assisted suicide has been prohibited for over 2000 years. It would have made doctors into killers. We can focus on care for ... more
- Vince on Calls to legalise euthanasia in NSW I would like to know what these politicians would do if they knew someone who was going through unimaginable suffering. I'm ... more
- Vince on Ford to cut production in Australia Totally agree with Peter. The writing was on the wall years ago, so it should not have come as a surprise. I can't feel ... more
- Kimber on Calls to legalise euthanasia in NSW Anybody who has had to sit by the side of terminally ill person and see their distress at having to linger and suffer in ... more
- Robert on UK terror: soldier hacked to death @paulo. You havent got a clue about WW2. Try researching without hollywood movies and propaganda books. more
- Robert on Ford to cut production in Australia So much for globalisation. Boy they really suckered us into that one. more
- Peter on UK terror: soldier hacked to death And one of the biggest supporters of the Nazi's was Islam! the SS even had a muslim death squad! The EDL and other so called ... more
- Peter on Ford to cut production in Australia And who didn't see this coming years ago?Typical Labor and Unions not living in the real world and understanding that ... more
- Peter on Premier sticks with Gonski decision Barry was conned by Ju-lier!There is no extra money for Gonski! Any money they do have has been re-directed from other ... more
Anyone but Tony Abbott?
The Anyone But Abbott campaign aims to force the Coalition to choose a new leader by having an independent candidate win his seat at the next election. David Oldfield talks to campaign manager Paul Foster.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Julia Gillard has visited the Sydney set of Hugh Jackman’s latest Wolverine movie, and confirmed the government is giving the film $12.8 million. Paul Murray says that’s money that should be paid back.
Why are so many students dropping out of their university courses? So many courses, but are there as many jobs available. Jason Morrison takes an in-depth look at our higher education and the path ahead.
The role of an opposition is to examine and comment on the implementation of policy by the government.
If everything the government does is unsuccessful, honest comment on their performance must by definition be negative.
Unless he chooses to lie Tony Abbotâ??s comments on Governmentâ??s failing policies must be negative.james stock Monday 30 July, 2012 - 5:23 AM
Aussies know very well who is the Mr Negative. Aboott is the one who can't make a simple statement without having a personal attack on Gillard. To her credit Gillard haas put forward a lot of policies and got a lot passed through as well - I might add in very difficult circumstances, as she does not have the luxury of huge majority as Howard used to have. So it is credit to her that she has managed to achieve so much. She now has another big one - the NIDS and no matter how vehemently ABbott opposes it and tried to manipulate the state Lieberal govts, he will not succeed. I believe NDIS will happen despite the Lieberals just as Medicare and universal superannuation happened and the Lieberals were never able to dismantle those.Johannes Saturday 28 July, 2012 - 4:41 PM
Dig deep and you will find
Labor and their affiliates
behind this. Also dig deep
into Paul Foster - could be
some interesting factors in
Tony Abbott is feared by Labor - mainly because Gillard has not been able
to unseat him as
Leader of the Opposition -
I always remember day one of
Gillard's disasterous role
as PM when she said to Abbott
"Game On!" Gillard always has to have someone to blame
for her failures and she has
chosen TA. Abbott has brought the Libs out of the wilderness and exposed Labor's incompetence. We should be very grateful for
Abbott. TA is the voice of the voiceless. Long may he reign!belle of Tweed Friday 27 July, 2012 - 6:54 PM
Typical relentless negativity of Liebor to attack & blame Abbott.
Labor cannot say a sentence without mentioning Abbotts name and want to blame him for their every failure, waste, bad policy, massive debt, unpopularity, non solutions and disastrous mismanagement.
Their tactic as usual is an alarmist propaganda campaign of fear, hatred and ridicule of what Abbott would do if in government and branding him with the nauseating relentless negativity tag and ridiculous Dr No crap!
What on earth of all Laborâ??s dud deals would Abbott be in agreement with?
Carbon Dioxide Climate Warming rubbish, that will cripple our economy? NO
Useless Climate departments spending $Billions on a hoax? NO
Open Borders for economic opportunists, now over 21,000 arrivals? NO
Deaths at sea trying to reach here because of the Govt lures, now over 800 persons dying? NO
Not Bloody Necessary secret off the books NBN that could cost near $80Billion? NO
$Multi Billion Dollar waste on Pink Batts, School Halls, Illegal Asylum Seekers, Cattle Bans and on and on and on!
Tony Abbott represents the people.
The people do NOT say yes to Labor and their insane waste, mismanagement and shameful policies that do NOT bloody benefit Australia.
Abbott is a threat to Liebor because he is everything they are NOT.
Tony abbott is a decent hardworking champion bloke who has worked brilliantly as opposition leader & is an outstanding worker in the community.
Liebor are the ones running a negative, hateful scare campaign to redirect attention of their massive stuff ups, lies & scams.
AbbottAbbottAbbott Oi Oi Oi!Another Proud Aussie Loathing Juliar Liebor Friday 27 July, 2012 - 5:39 PM
Oh for goodness sake people! Anyone who doesn't want Abbott is not automatically a labour stooge, greenie, leftie or commy.
The last poll out this week said Abbot's popularity rating was 30%. Yes folks, that is 70% don't like him! I am from his area and think he has done absolutely zero for the people of this area. Tony Abbott represents regressive ideas, imparted by way of divisive scare tactics, he is an anachronism, would have fit in nicely in the 60's or 70's. He is economically ignorant (and yes I know he just scraped a pass in economics in his degree) and has no idea of the nuances of diplomacy, embarrassing us overseas. He is NO statesman! So to all the liberal die hards, accept reality, people do not like him and with good reason. 70% can't be wrong!jacqueline Friday 27 July, 2012 - 4:57 PM
@Cate B, I am against abortion, euthanasia, homosexual-same sex marriage and as many others who are of the same opinion, I know Tony Abbott is a phony which is why people call him Phony Abbott. He does not believe in anything except his pretentious Christianity which he exploits for the gullible like you.
He won't turn the boats back because international laws don't allow that. His own party will not let him do it. He is saying this as just another one of his populist stunts without substance.
He is a proven liar to the core as we know from his record on carbon pricing. He supported puttin a carbon tax when he was opposing the ETS during the Rudd period. "If you want to put a price on carbon why not just do it with a simple tax" is what he said in July 2009. Then he changed his tune and became a climate sceptic after becoming leader and when challenged came up with his famous excuse "I am a bit of a weather-vane on this".
He trashes Australia at every opportunity as he did recently in the US simply to score cheap partisan points, at a time when the world praises us for our economic achievements.
Lastly, he has a mob of mostly incompetent people who think they can just slip into govt without giving us any policies.Terrence Thursday 26 July, 2012 - 8:23 PM