- Sports Today: clash of heavyweights
- Felipe Massa Grand Prix favourite?
- The best spins of the news week
- Flu season hitting early this year?
- How will credit changes affect you?
- Late doctors should give discounts?
- Sydney's worst traffic snarl spots?
- Ian Roberts: the effects of concussion
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Cleangirl on Buy local: vote with your wallet New car buyers cringed at buying an Australian car, so I`m glad they`ll at least buy Australian fruit from Coca-Cola Amital. more
- David Hoffman on Is terrorism behind missing plane? I am looking at this event through the lens of being a lifelong student of human behaviour. I know enough to believe that, ... more
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
Apology for calling journalist a "cow"
Veteran Liberal strategist Grahame Morris has apologised for calling TV journalist Leigh Sales a "cow". Jason Morrison asks if it is sexist to question women, and did her predecessor cop worse criticism in the role.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Will Tony Abbott struggle on industrial relations in the shadows of Workchoices? Stuart Bocking looks at what John Howard has had to say. Suddenly Tony Abbott is backing away from the former PM's ideas.
Channel 10's weekend ratings were some of the lowest in history. How can they fix the network? Stuart Bocking on recent results with Media Analyst Steve Allen. Have we lost the art of entertaining television shows?
I'll stay out of the sexist arguments. I am sure Abott has learned the lesson the hard way. He has found out from tough nuts Gillard, Sales and the acting speaker that women cannot be treated dismissively.
Now stooges like Susan aka cc are trying to use the religous argument. Why are you trying to smear Catholics by using the lying phoney's behaviour as example? I am against abortion too, but I can't support a scum like Abott who has no principles.Susan Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 8:00 PM
What I do not understand in all is ... WHERE IS GETUP!! When Chris Uhlmann interviewed Bob Brown a few months ago, Getup complained to the ABC about Chris's aggressive interview style.
If they are as balanced as they claim, why haven't they lodged a complaint about Leigh Sales interview of Tony Abbott?
Come on Getup. Show us you independence.Peter of Darwin Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 6:44 PM
Where was all the outrage when Mr Abbott was called a "rabid dog" by Tony Windsor, or when the PM called Mr Abbott "Jack the Ripper" (bearing in mind JTR was a murderer!)Marg Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 2:23 PM
Ok for Sales to call Morris a Dinosaur though? Where's his apology? If she dishes it out ( and she does), why can't can't she take it?Susan Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 11:00 AM
A sour Labor hack, ABC's unobjective, obsessed Leigh Sales appears to be drinking a big glass of very bitter lemon juice before interviewing anyone who is Liberal. Her disgusting aggressive bias is embarrassingly unacceptable and entirely unprofessional! Furthermore, what about the unrelenting, unjustified Labor female "sexist" hate campaign against the Catholic victim Tony Abbott, merely because he is against things like Abortion for birth control, done on medicare, this severely offends the atheist feminazi into a wild frenzy. These indeed are very sick people with a lot of power to badly influence. Obviously the ABC needs to be sold.Terrence Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 10:57 AM
Yes Jason, we do have a new form of chauvinism here - the Female version! Lets give it a new name... if people who love those who are homosexual whilst hating their "sin" can be tagged "homophobic", then a woman who tags any man "sexist" who publicly levels an honest criticism at her which is less than flattering, then forget the sacred "cow" term - rather, "sacred sow" would be more apt! Note that I am at liberty to suggest that idea, being female myself!cc Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 10:47 AM