- Claims of retaliation in Sydney traffic
- Do we need seats for indigenous MPs
- Revealed: Operation Pendennis
- Overcoming fear in our suburbs
- Sydney's Favourite Teacher 2014
- Council sister city costs questioned
- 12 secrets to a happy marriage
- New phase in fight on terror
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- adam on Should we ban local ISIS flag sales? Justin, the extract below is from Christian News Minute (CNM) I hope it gives you pause for thought.The ISIS flag consists ... more
- The Devils Advocate on Too apathetic to make a change? Neil really wants to say the number plate is an antiemetic racial slur. He is prevented from saying that because he has ... more
- RAKESH ADUK on Too apathetic to make a change? Garry Linnell talks a lot of sense! Whenever I go overseas and see the beautiful Aussie flag, it immediately takes me back ... more
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
- The scourge of Terrorism on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Terrorism is always terrorism. It is never acceptable to commit an act of terrorism. It is never acceptable for ANY party to ... more
- Jonathon L Benson LLB on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque I blame this wishy washy government of nsw. They have the power to outlaw this barbaric flag but are scared of their shadows. more
- Craig on US expanding role in Middle East To get to the crux of this matter, it was US support for the so called rebels in Syria that has led to the creation of this ... more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - absolutely correct. Our out of touch governments should legislate to declare the ownership, carriage, sale, flying ... more
- Cleangirl on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction As welcome as a KKK flag. more
Asylum assault: changes are needed
Jason Morrison looks at the arrest of a Sri Lankan asylum seeker for the assault of a woman at Macquarie uni and the calls for changes to the system to allow police to know where asylum seekers are being housed.
A 21 year old Sri Lankan national has been formally refused bail, accused of indecently assaulting a woman at a university campus in Sydney.
It's triggered calls for an overhaul of the bridging visas given to asylum seekers so they can stay in Australia. The alleged attack has also triggered an angry reaction from the Federal Coalition.
It wants to restrict bridging visas, which the accused was given on his arrival in Australia. Shadow Immigration Minister Scott Morrison tells Jason Morrison the Gillard Government isn't doing enough.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott has defended his shadow immigration minister, over comments aboout asylum seekers.
Scott Morrison has called for greater scrutiny of those on bridging visas, following an alleged assault in Sudney involving a Macquarie university student.
Government MP's have criticised the remarks. Mr Abbott says his colleague is justified in voicing concerns.
STEPHANIE GARDINER 12:27pm A Sri Lankan asylum seeker accused of indecently assaulting a sleeping Macquarie University student will remain behind bars for another week.
@Jo, it is true immigrants bring their own cultures into our country, just like all of us do, including YOU. Some bring their bigoted thoughts with them, like YOU. But, by and large, Australia has benefitted from our immigration policies and thankfully, none of the parties have declared any intention of walking away from it. So, Jo, we took our chances with YOU. We will take our chances with the newer immigrants as well, and I am hopeful we will emerge stronger - despite all the efforts of rednecks and bigots like YOU.Terrence Friday 1 March, 2013 - 7:33 PM
see this was the problem, the public spoke and yet still nothing got done about it.
What does the public have to do to be heard?blake Friday 1 March, 2013 - 1:17 PM
Enoch Powell and Geert Wilders are right!Peter Thursday 28 February, 2013 - 1:35 PM
Why be racist, they are merely bringing their culture with them and we bend over backwards for them.
And are we still allowing 27 year old male refugees into our high schools to learn english ? why are we not teaching english on Manus or Christmas island ?Jo Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 9:59 PM
Our beloved country Australia is going down the gurgler thanks to the corrupt Jul=liar Eileen Gillard and her band of boofheads. Any other country would deport this type of bastard upon arrest. Not here, No sir, he will be given a home with all equipment, the dole, medicare all at great cost to the rorted poor Aussie taxpayer. F off Gillard!~Sandra m Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 8:49 PM
These so called asylum seekers should have their bridging visas overturned and temporary protection visas issued for a three month period, forcibly returning them back to the country they came from at the end of such time.....Our government should stop being so soft and instead STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT FOR OUR NATION....BOARDER PROTECTION MUST BE RESTORED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.CARMEN Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 8:46 PM