- It's Time: Heralded era of new politics
- Anger at teen jihadist's threats
- Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM
- The Whisper: Waste at Tafe
- Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough
- Gough Whitlam: a giant of our time
- Time to help out Ebola regions?
- Too young for homework?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Laura on Accident hotspot: northern beaches Shocking, and thoughts go out to those personally affected; speedy recovery all. But let's have a proper (timely ... more
- Yusuf on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM Brain washed idiots. Lock them up and leave them there for life. more
- yusuf on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A man of real substance. My condolences to his family. more
- Yusuf on The Whisper: where burqa ban began Australia has its own values and freedoms and does not have to follow other countries. There are also examples of other ... more
- TEN FOUR... on Accident hotspot: northern beaches Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on The Whisper: where burqa ban began France saw fit to ban the burqa but "sorry" Australia did not? more
- Raumann Gagnon on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A great leader , a warm friend . Always honest in what he did and said . Faithful to his beliefs and ideas . He shall be ... more
- REALISTIC on Drivers not tested for cocaine use? Well that explains all of the constant madness and road rage etc going on in our streets...so what are our invisible 'police ... more
- THE WEATHER on Perfect storm strikes across Sydney Well its soaking wet and freezing cold, could it be man 'made global warming' in disguise? Without the big dry and the ... more
- Cleangirl on Apologise to a culture of complaint Apologise because someone may choose to take offence ? more
- Join the Q Society on Apologise to a culture of complaint Non offensive T Shirt should have the same wording but with the Islamic State Flag! more
- Patriot on Apologise to a culture of complaint Slick and pretentious Woolworths obviously lack charisma and they lack credibility too. Woolworths will lose even more ... more
- Tanya on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets What a lot of utter BS, When the Greens don't like something you know its OK. When has the truth become "Totally ... more
- WHAT POLICE? on Sydney violence a generation thing? Excuses, excuses! Amazingly even with record police numbers, it is a struggle to find our invisible police force i.e. huge ... more
- Troy on Hillsong, more than just a church So tired of hearing from this woman anytime Hillsong is mentioned. She hasn't been there in well over a decade. She couldn't ... more
- Mr Creepy on Are 'fun police' banning everything? We have all seen it. A poodle mounts the leg of a bigger dog. The expression on the poodles face is a little amusing, a ... more
- Voluptuous Hypothesis on Sydney to bathe in blood moon? Just in time to watch the moon die. Blood moon exsanguinated. Eclipse reached totality. Here, north of Dallas, the moon ... more
- Cleangirl on Labor Party 'Headed for the rocks' Labor has to stop the Left-wing senseless rhetoric, and start looking out for the workers, their families and get some ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane It was reported that Islamic State agents are travelling in fours with false passports, posing as refugees to enter Europe! ... more
Asylum assault: changes are needed
Jason Morrison looks at the arrest of a Sri Lankan asylum seeker for the assault of a woman at Macquarie uni and the calls for changes to the system to allow police to know where asylum seekers are being housed.
A 21 year old Sri Lankan national has been formally refused bail, accused of indecently assaulting a woman at a university campus in Sydney.
It's triggered calls for an overhaul of the bridging visas given to asylum seekers so they can stay in Australia. The alleged attack has also triggered an angry reaction from the Federal Coalition.
It wants to restrict bridging visas, which the accused was given on his arrival in Australia. Shadow Immigration Minister Scott Morrison tells Jason Morrison the Gillard Government isn't doing enough.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott has defended his shadow immigration minister, over comments aboout asylum seekers.
Scott Morrison has called for greater scrutiny of those on bridging visas, following an alleged assault in Sudney involving a Macquarie university student.
Government MP's have criticised the remarks. Mr Abbott says his colleague is justified in voicing concerns.
STEPHANIE GARDINER 12:27pm A Sri Lankan asylum seeker accused of indecently assaulting a sleeping Macquarie University student will remain behind bars for another week.
@Jo, it is true immigrants bring their own cultures into our country, just like all of us do, including YOU. Some bring their bigoted thoughts with them, like YOU. But, by and large, Australia has benefitted from our immigration policies and thankfully, none of the parties have declared any intention of walking away from it. So, Jo, we took our chances with YOU. We will take our chances with the newer immigrants as well, and I am hopeful we will emerge stronger - despite all the efforts of rednecks and bigots like YOU.Terrence Friday 1 March, 2013 - 7:33 PM
see this was the problem, the public spoke and yet still nothing got done about it.
What does the public have to do to be heard?blake Friday 1 March, 2013 - 1:17 PM
Enoch Powell and Geert Wilders are right!Peter Thursday 28 February, 2013 - 1:35 PM
Why be racist, they are merely bringing their culture with them and we bend over backwards for them.
And are we still allowing 27 year old male refugees into our high schools to learn english ? why are we not teaching english on Manus or Christmas island ?Jo Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 9:59 PM
Our beloved country Australia is going down the gurgler thanks to the corrupt Jul=liar Eileen Gillard and her band of boofheads. Any other country would deport this type of bastard upon arrest. Not here, No sir, he will be given a home with all equipment, the dole, medicare all at great cost to the rorted poor Aussie taxpayer. F off Gillard!~Sandra m Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 8:49 PM
These so called asylum seekers should have their bridging visas overturned and temporary protection visas issued for a three month period, forcibly returning them back to the country they came from at the end of such time.....Our government should stop being so soft and instead STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT FOR OUR NATION....BOARDER PROTECTION MUST BE RESTORED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.CARMEN Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 8:46 PM