- Call to ban live sporting odds on TV
- Protecting against insidious terrorism
- Tributes flow for Hazel Hawke
- Open Mic: Distance Education
- 19 new charges against Thomson
- Politician hands out his pay rise
- Ford to cut production in Australia
- Cost of raising children on the rise
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on 19 new charges against Thomson And so the charges pour in and are added to the mass of other charges already preferred against this joker - yet it drags on ... more
- Samuel Kyrikos on Ford to cut production in Australia I agree this has been coming your years. Little or no productivity and vehicle improvements. I believe the trade unionists ... more
- paulo on UK terror: soldier hacked to death Robert.I studied history and most people know that the nazis wanted to dominate europe .They also murdered ... more
- paulo on UK terror: soldier hacked to death So Peter you are an example of what i said about extremism or You accuse muslims of rioting ,raping, riots yet you forget ... more
- Peter on UK terror: soldier hacked to death @ Robert: I think you might be the one who needs to research WWII. This time open your eyes. more
- Katrina Haller on Calls to legalise euthanasia in NSW Assisted suicide has been prohibited for over 2000 years. It would have made doctors into killers. We can focus on care for ... more
- Vince on Calls to legalise euthanasia in NSW I would like to know what these politicians would do if they knew someone who was going through unimaginable suffering. I'm ... more
- Vince on Ford to cut production in Australia Totally agree with Peter. The writing was on the wall years ago, so it should not have come as a surprise. I can't feel ... more
- Kimber on Calls to legalise euthanasia in NSW Anybody who has had to sit by the side of terminally ill person and see their distress at having to linger and suffer in ... more
- Robert on UK terror: soldier hacked to death @paulo. You havent got a clue about WW2. Try researching without hollywood movies and propaganda books. more
- Robert on Ford to cut production in Australia So much for globalisation. Boy they really suckered us into that one. more
- Peter on UK terror: soldier hacked to death And one of the biggest supporters of the Nazi's was Islam! the SS even had a muslim death squad! The EDL and other so called ... more
- Peter on Ford to cut production in Australia And who didn't see this coming years ago?Typical Labor and Unions not living in the real world and understanding that ... more
- Peter on Premier sticks with Gonski decision Barry was conned by Ju-lier!There is no extra money for Gonski! Any money they do have has been re-directed from other ... more
- paulo on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support Terrence again you think all gays just want to go to discos and saunas and have many partners.Well there are many who ... more
- paulo on UK terror: soldier hacked to death I come from London .Homegrown Islamic extremism is a problem, however the EDL the English Defence League that rioted after ... more
- m on Man refuses rising for magistrate what i would like to see is someone giving parking tickets out in front of any mosque on a friday. council !! anyone ... more
- Terrence on Premier sticks with Gonski decision Carry on Barry! If a Lieberal party stooge accuses you of being Labour - you who won a landslide election for the party, ... more
- Terrence on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support @Paulo, why is it prejudice to point out that the institution of marriage has nothing to do with homosexual lifestyle? Tell ... more
- Terrence on Economic hard times for Aussies Well Bill, I wish you had said that before you came here. If you think we are doing it tough spare a thought for most of the ... more
Asylum assault: changes are needed
Jason Morrison looks at the arrest of a Sri Lankan asylum seeker for the assault of a woman at Macquarie uni and the calls for changes to the system to allow police to know where asylum seekers are being housed.
A 21 year old Sri Lankan national has been formally refused bail, accused of indecently assaulting a woman at a university campus in Sydney.
It's triggered calls for an overhaul of the bridging visas given to asylum seekers so they can stay in Australia. The alleged attack has also triggered an angry reaction from the Federal Coalition.
It wants to restrict bridging visas, which the accused was given on his arrival in Australia. Shadow Immigration Minister Scott Morrison tells Jason Morrison the Gillard Government isn't doing enough.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott has defended his shadow immigration minister, over comments aboout asylum seekers.
Scott Morrison has called for greater scrutiny of those on bridging visas, following an alleged assault in Sudney involving a Macquarie university student.
Government MP's have criticised the remarks. Mr Abbott says his colleague is justified in voicing concerns.
STEPHANIE GARDINER 12:27pm A Sri Lankan asylum seeker accused of indecently assaulting a sleeping Macquarie University student will remain behind bars for another week.
@Jo, it is true immigrants bring their own cultures into our country, just like all of us do, including YOU. Some bring their bigoted thoughts with them, like YOU. But, by and large, Australia has benefitted from our immigration policies and thankfully, none of the parties have declared any intention of walking away from it. So, Jo, we took our chances with YOU. We will take our chances with the newer immigrants as well, and I am hopeful we will emerge stronger - despite all the efforts of rednecks and bigots like YOU.Terrence Friday 1 March, 2013 - 7:33 PM
see this was the problem, the public spoke and yet still nothing got done about it.
What does the public have to do to be heard?blake Friday 1 March, 2013 - 1:17 PM
Enoch Powell and Geert Wilders are right!Peter Thursday 28 February, 2013 - 1:35 PM
Why be racist, they are merely bringing their culture with them and we bend over backwards for them.
And are we still allowing 27 year old male refugees into our high schools to learn english ? why are we not teaching english on Manus or Christmas island ?Jo Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 9:59 PM
Our beloved country Australia is going down the gurgler thanks to the corrupt Jul=liar Eileen Gillard and her band of boofheads. Any other country would deport this type of bastard upon arrest. Not here, No sir, he will be given a home with all equipment, the dole, medicare all at great cost to the rorted poor Aussie taxpayer. F off Gillard!~Sandra m Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 8:49 PM
These so called asylum seekers should have their bridging visas overturned and temporary protection visas issued for a three month period, forcibly returning them back to the country they came from at the end of such time.....Our government should stop being so soft and instead STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT FOR OUR NATION....BOARDER PROTECTION MUST BE RESTORED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.CARMEN Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 8:46 PM