- ASDA's 10 days to consider options
- Ice Bucket Challenge goes viral
- Brutality and evil rises in Middle East
- All 'Islamic State' have is fear to rule?
- Sydney garbage collection suspended
- Bob Carr on Palmer's China tirade
- Finance minister on budget reset
- What price for a little convenience?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on Crisis over Palmer China comments Both Palmer and his side-kick Jaquie Lambie are utterly rank incompetent damned fools and totally unfit to be in our ... more
- PRINCE JOE HOKEY on Clive Palmer drops another clanger All honest people would have to agree with Clive Palmer's rather frank, but blunt opinion and know where Clive is coming ... more
- Anthony on Clive Palmer drops another clanger Way to go Clive. I moved to Australia 8 years ago and was shocked to see Australia owns nothing! You've sold your country to ... more
- molly on Clive Palmer drops another clanger watch out Clive the anti-free speech people will get you. If china want Australia they will have to fight Islam for it. ... more
- Ben on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Why does this even make the news?Get over it. I have been rejected for age, looks, prejudice and who knows what other ... more
- Angela Coombes on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? The coffee shop owner has a right to hire an employee whom he or she feels will fit in with the business. It is no different ... more
- Angela Coombes on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping How utterly foolhardy of this Baird joker not nominating candidates. He could have come up with two outstanding liberal ... more
- SLOPPY JOE-CANBERRA on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping What a shocking state of affairs with so many bad, self-serving politicians about...allegedly there to manage the nation? ... more
- Cleangirl on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? and how many government departments seem to be made up predominantly with a single foreign race ? more
- paulo on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? This cafe owner will be shamed into learning a lesson that racism is not accepted here! more
- Bruce on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Leave the coffee shop owner alone its hard enough making a living in the hospitality industry without have to deal with a ... more
- barry on Hockey backlash on poor comments Well we now see the true colours of adopted name JOE HOCKEY,has no idea of the working class struggles,indicated by his ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? Maybe we should put more bible bashers in Parliament to help root out the corrupt thugs in all the failed political parties ... more
- Samuel J on Spike in ice use across Sydney Just how do the ingredients for these drugs get out to this poor stupid forlorn drug affected knuckleheads! I am inclined to ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Hockey backlash on poor comments Like the fool Wayne Swan, this Hockey joker is well past his 'Use-By" date indeed! I suggest put someone in his job who ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? All it will mean is more hung parliaments full of even more shonks, dunces, fools and clowns collectively bleeding us ... more
- Craig on Hockey backlash on poor comments These jokers born with silver spoons in their mouth, multi millionaires have NO idea.Poor people do drive most of us live ... more
- Cleangirl on Help, can you solve our traffic woes? Get pack cyclists off main roads during peak times. Surely they can do their hobby ride another time of day. and ask 4WD`s ... more
- Laurie on Is Joe Hockey too out of touch? What an arrogant, cigar chomping (bad look for our kids) man Hockey is. He is so out of touch with ordinary Australians, and ... more
- PRINCE JOE HOKEY on Hockey backlash on poor comments Everyone can now see untalented U.N. sloppy Joe's true colours and they are definitely not liking what they see. Lazy and ... more
Asylum assault: changes are needed
Jason Morrison looks at the arrest of a Sri Lankan asylum seeker for the assault of a woman at Macquarie uni and the calls for changes to the system to allow police to know where asylum seekers are being housed.
A 21 year old Sri Lankan national has been formally refused bail, accused of indecently assaulting a woman at a university campus in Sydney.
It's triggered calls for an overhaul of the bridging visas given to asylum seekers so they can stay in Australia. The alleged attack has also triggered an angry reaction from the Federal Coalition.
It wants to restrict bridging visas, which the accused was given on his arrival in Australia. Shadow Immigration Minister Scott Morrison tells Jason Morrison the Gillard Government isn't doing enough.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott has defended his shadow immigration minister, over comments aboout asylum seekers.
Scott Morrison has called for greater scrutiny of those on bridging visas, following an alleged assault in Sudney involving a Macquarie university student.
Government MP's have criticised the remarks. Mr Abbott says his colleague is justified in voicing concerns.
STEPHANIE GARDINER 12:27pm A Sri Lankan asylum seeker accused of indecently assaulting a sleeping Macquarie University student will remain behind bars for another week.
@Jo, it is true immigrants bring their own cultures into our country, just like all of us do, including YOU. Some bring their bigoted thoughts with them, like YOU. But, by and large, Australia has benefitted from our immigration policies and thankfully, none of the parties have declared any intention of walking away from it. So, Jo, we took our chances with YOU. We will take our chances with the newer immigrants as well, and I am hopeful we will emerge stronger - despite all the efforts of rednecks and bigots like YOU.Terrence Friday 1 March, 2013 - 7:33 PM
see this was the problem, the public spoke and yet still nothing got done about it.
What does the public have to do to be heard?blake Friday 1 March, 2013 - 1:17 PM
Enoch Powell and Geert Wilders are right!Peter Thursday 28 February, 2013 - 1:35 PM
Why be racist, they are merely bringing their culture with them and we bend over backwards for them.
And are we still allowing 27 year old male refugees into our high schools to learn english ? why are we not teaching english on Manus or Christmas island ?Jo Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 9:59 PM
Our beloved country Australia is going down the gurgler thanks to the corrupt Jul=liar Eileen Gillard and her band of boofheads. Any other country would deport this type of bastard upon arrest. Not here, No sir, he will be given a home with all equipment, the dole, medicare all at great cost to the rorted poor Aussie taxpayer. F off Gillard!~Sandra m Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 8:49 PM
These so called asylum seekers should have their bridging visas overturned and temporary protection visas issued for a three month period, forcibly returning them back to the country they came from at the end of such time.....Our government should stop being so soft and instead STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT FOR OUR NATION....BOARDER PROTECTION MUST BE RESTORED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.CARMEN Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 8:46 PM