- MH17: mass murder of innocent souls
- Earth missed catastrophe by a week
- Asylum seekers heading to mainland
- Women still face work discrimination
- Do we all have psychic connections?
- Home lost to real estate fraudsters
- A week of horror over flight MH17
- Time for serious debate on euthanasia
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? @Craig you purposely omitted Russian armed and Russian trained killers did this...what is your agenda here? more
- Gary on Abbott copping Senate body blows If the PPL for everyone is such a bad thing, waste of effort and doesn't achieve anything in regards to workplace ... more
- Samuel J James on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said indeed. And Vladimar Putin, the KGB thug and temporary President of Russia has given as much help to the ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: Putin behind the attack? It can be assumed that Putin, the KGB thug is imitating one of his equal coward and former President of the Soviet Union, ... more
- Samuel J on A week of horror over flight MH17 Putin, the KGB thug is convicted in absentia - Please God. more
- stevo on Time for serious debate on euthanasia Legalise Euthanasia for those with 6 months to live if doctors and family want.My dad asked to be given and injection as he ... more
- Cleangirl on Bus crash kills one injures dozens Get bicycles OUT of bus lanes for a start. more
- Jonathon L Benson on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The sickening pictures of the filthy train leaving Ukraine with the bodies of many of these multi-national souls on board, ... more
- Samuel J on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill The do-gooders will probably get their way with this and it will be sadly regected. We have no leadership here in nsw so let ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said. The victims even after death did not receive any dignity at all from the Russian and Ukraine ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why do we need childcare subsidies @Greg O - you are absolutely correct. It is this 'gimmie, gimmie' nonsense and nanny State mentality that is thoroughly ... more
- Kimber on MH17: the long journey home A heartfelt thank you to the Netherlands in appreciation for finally giving some dignity to the victims of flight MH17. more
- Craig on MH17: Putin behind the attack? If America has proof why have they not shown it? The Ukraine air traffic control tapes have been confiscated by the State ... more
- Greta on New Times for Weekend Shows Fantastic to hear Tim coming on earlier - love his show, has interesting segments, would love to hear more of the gardening ... more
- Craig on MH17: Putin behind the attack? @Shot down, You would also believe pigs fly.There is a lot more to this, have you seen Russia's reply yesterday? Radar of ... more
- Angela Coombes on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? I don't feel sorry for her at all. Apart from her big mouth which shoots off without thinking first this galloot is ... more
- Keith A Tudor on MH17: Putin behind the attack? I firmly believe the utterly expensive anti-aircraft missile fired at Malaysian Airlines Passenger Jet MH17 and which ... more
- Samuel J on Sydney suffering too many councils @Angry Ratepayer - I agree. Councils' charter needs to be redrawn and be in simple terms to cut out this continuous ... more
- G. Parker on Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person' This woman is a disgrace... she isn't talking to the ladies at the local RSL club, but AUSTRALIA! How can someone with this ... more
- Sheila Freeman on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Now where is Tania and the rest of the Labour party who are always ready to criticise the Libs - totally inappropriate ... more
Asylum assault: changes are needed
Jason Morrison looks at the arrest of a Sri Lankan asylum seeker for the assault of a woman at Macquarie uni and the calls for changes to the system to allow police to know where asylum seekers are being housed.
A 21 year old Sri Lankan national has been formally refused bail, accused of indecently assaulting a woman at a university campus in Sydney.
It's triggered calls for an overhaul of the bridging visas given to asylum seekers so they can stay in Australia. The alleged attack has also triggered an angry reaction from the Federal Coalition.
It wants to restrict bridging visas, which the accused was given on his arrival in Australia. Shadow Immigration Minister Scott Morrison tells Jason Morrison the Gillard Government isn't doing enough.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott has defended his shadow immigration minister, over comments aboout asylum seekers.
Scott Morrison has called for greater scrutiny of those on bridging visas, following an alleged assault in Sudney involving a Macquarie university student.
Government MP's have criticised the remarks. Mr Abbott says his colleague is justified in voicing concerns.
STEPHANIE GARDINER 12:27pm A Sri Lankan asylum seeker accused of indecently assaulting a sleeping Macquarie University student will remain behind bars for another week.
@Jo, it is true immigrants bring their own cultures into our country, just like all of us do, including YOU. Some bring their bigoted thoughts with them, like YOU. But, by and large, Australia has benefitted from our immigration policies and thankfully, none of the parties have declared any intention of walking away from it. So, Jo, we took our chances with YOU. We will take our chances with the newer immigrants as well, and I am hopeful we will emerge stronger - despite all the efforts of rednecks and bigots like YOU.Terrence Friday 1 March, 2013 - 7:33 PM
see this was the problem, the public spoke and yet still nothing got done about it.
What does the public have to do to be heard?blake Friday 1 March, 2013 - 1:17 PM
Enoch Powell and Geert Wilders are right!Peter Thursday 28 February, 2013 - 1:35 PM
Why be racist, they are merely bringing their culture with them and we bend over backwards for them.
And are we still allowing 27 year old male refugees into our high schools to learn english ? why are we not teaching english on Manus or Christmas island ?Jo Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 9:59 PM
Our beloved country Australia is going down the gurgler thanks to the corrupt Jul=liar Eileen Gillard and her band of boofheads. Any other country would deport this type of bastard upon arrest. Not here, No sir, he will be given a home with all equipment, the dole, medicare all at great cost to the rorted poor Aussie taxpayer. F off Gillard!~Sandra m Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 8:49 PM
These so called asylum seekers should have their bridging visas overturned and temporary protection visas issued for a three month period, forcibly returning them back to the country they came from at the end of such time.....Our government should stop being so soft and instead STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT FOR OUR NATION....BOARDER PROTECTION MUST BE RESTORED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.CARMEN Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 8:46 PM