- What's best, CD MP3 or Vinyl?
- Epidemic of exhausted women?
- Bomb threat closes State Parliament
- Do you still send Christmas Cards?
- How do we improve school zones?
- Beware online posts on holidays
- Apollo theatre collapse in London
- Improving the adoption system
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- riky on Do we need a bigger Australia? bs robert! the world IS interdependent and taht is a FACT.We need to increase the non white population so we can have a more ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Ronald Biggs: Hero or Villain? Biggs had a key role in the train robbery and violently attacked a guard on the train as part of his depredations involving ... more
- Samuel J on What are challenges facing women? The challenges for women in the workplace largely runs around the 'Peter Principle' in management - which is they are ... more
- Robert on Do we need a bigger Australia? No. What we need is to get out the globalised society and become self-sufficient instead of inter-dependent.There's nothing ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on Disbanding of Brothers for Life Well with the skinny little pony tailed for the most part, child like things that call themselves police women supposedly ... more
- riky on Is white ok for a second wedding? Fred Nile thinks marriage is between a man and a woman.It does not matter if that man and woman is dysfunctional.But god ... more
- riky on Health cuts will hurt Western Sydney western Sydney is where Australia dumps its poor and new immigrants.Not sure that Eastern or central Sydney gives a damn!It ... more
- Samuel J on Disbanding of Brothers for Life Well, Mr Gallacher who has a rather poor record as Police Minister, should be taking this issue up adroitly with the Chief ... more
- Aussiechild on Are we too lazy behind the wheel? nice more
- A little smarter on What are challenges facing women? Well that's interesting - Criticising both feminism AND the 'promotion of pornography'! What do you think feminism is? ... more
- Peter on Blame game on budget blowout The Libs own scare campaign over the last 6 years has come back to bite them. Hello Whyalla, you still with us LOL more
- 1916 on Children shouldn't say sorry? "See that girl, Willie....those things have to be taught, Ned. When we were children, we wouldn't have stolen so much as a ... more
- paulo on Blame game on budget blowout Peter it is not laboours fault.Even Jo Hockey said and i quote "More than half the deterioration in the budget position is ... more
- Peter on Blame game on budget blowout Its hard to get over the incompetency of the previous federal government. The shear inapitiude and inability to manage a ... more
- Jester4212 on Blame game on budget blowout Forget apologies, just get the work done. Enough of this blame game! more
- Cleangirl on Police fed up with alcohol violence Sack the namby-pamby Judges who refuse to punish the criminals. Why can drunk drivers get off because they are either ... more
- Cleangirl on What are challenges facing women? Feminism militants and the promotion of pornography. more
- Bikinis not Burkas on End of Aussie car manufacturing? Too true Robert, I have been saying for decades that Australia is a multi party Dictatorship, they say, you do or they send ... more
- Robert on Children shouldn't say sorry? @Ballasque. I agree. And I get sick of these so-called experts telling us how to bring up our children. They're liars as far ... more
- Kimber on Children shouldn't say sorry? Interesting, this thought bubble should go hand in hand with the story about security guards being needed on buses. Children ... more
Asylum Report: increase intake!
An expert panel on asylum seeker policy has recommended offshore processing in both Malaysia and Nauru, and recommends an increase in annual humanitarian intake to 20,000 up from the current 13,750.
Consideration should be given to further increasing the intake to 27,000 within five years, Mr Houston said. Also, that future asylum seekers not be eligible to sponsor family members to come to Australia.
The panel also recommends that Australia continue to boost its bilateral cooperation with Indonesia, including enhanced joint surveillance and response patrols. The panel says Australia should accept an increased number of asylum seekers from Indonesia every year.
Mr Houston says all up the panel has made 22 key recommendations.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Paul Murray gives his views on the recommendation future asylum seekers not be eligible to sponsor family members to come to Australia under the Special Humanitarian Program.
211 people are onboard the latest asylum seeker boat that has arrived in Australian waters. Jason Morrison says statistics show of those people, 94% will in 5 years time still be on welfare, and in public housing.
Will Julia Gillard lead the Labor Party into the next election? Change may be close to allow fresh air into the next campaign. Graham Richardson with Paul Murray on the machinations behind the scenes for the PM.
Hold out your grandsons hand so that it can be chopped off under Sharia Law, offer up your granddaughter so she can be stoned to death for wearing a bikini and not a burka.
The Government sponsored Muslim Colonisation of Australia is on in ernest, I have not met one person that wants the wife oppressing Muslims in this basically peaceful country.
Bikinis not burkasEvil triumphs when good men say nothing! Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 7:19 PM
Shut the gate tight. We should have Zero new migrants as wherever I go in the suburbs I see able bodied people sipping coffee, enjoying the sunshine without a care in the world. Stop the Australia seekers!!!!!We have enough dole bludgers here already. Those on the dole should be made to work for it - I suggest 25-30 hours a week picking up rubbish, Whipper snipping grass on the side of the roads etc or as they do in China sweep plazas, streets etc then they would want to work for a decent wage. Wait until we get 1% unemployment then review the situation. I'm sick of these bludgers getting a free ride. I went into Liverpool centelink the other day to get some information for another person and I was the only Anglo Saxon in the enquiry queue. What country is this. Juliar stop all this insanity you have and are still making things worseAF Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 11:11 AM
What, more un-employable lazy dole bludgers? I pay taxes to benefit the country, not to have some slack arsed country shopper sit in the streets of Lakemba drinking coffee and re-populating the country with his half dozen wives!The door needs to be shut and shut tight!Peter Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 8:38 AM
OK Julia, but put them on HECS if you want to keep giving them so much. How many Australians have no internet, no free dental, no free housing, board, cleaning and how many Australians can`t even afford heating ??Johannes Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 7:26 AM
More family reunions, how about sending unaccompanied minors back to their parents.Jo Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 7:21 AM
Listen with all the taxes I pay a year plus when people like Julia get a raise over $100,000 since she been appointed I can not afford any new increases making 50k a year fulltime, I say drop the rate to 10,000 per year until all areas are empty, then let them trickle in.Jeff Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 1:19 AM