- It's Time: Heralded era of new politics
- Anger at teen jihadist's threats
- Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM
- The Whisper: Waste at Tafe
- Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough
- Gough Whitlam: a giant of our time
- Time to help out Ebola regions?
- Too young for homework?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Laura on Accident hotspot: northern beaches Shocking, and thoughts go out to those personally affected; speedy recovery all. But let's have a proper (timely ... more
- Yusuf on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM Brain washed idiots. Lock them up and leave them there for life. more
- yusuf on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A man of real substance. My condolences to his family. more
- Yusuf on The Whisper: where burqa ban began Australia has its own values and freedoms and does not have to follow other countries. There are also examples of other ... more
- TEN FOUR... on Accident hotspot: northern beaches Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on The Whisper: where burqa ban began France saw fit to ban the burqa but "sorry" Australia did not? more
- Raumann Gagnon on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A great leader , a warm friend . Always honest in what he did and said . Faithful to his beliefs and ideas . He shall be ... more
- REALISTIC on Drivers not tested for cocaine use? Well that explains all of the constant madness and road rage etc going on in our streets...so what are our invisible 'police ... more
- THE WEATHER on Perfect storm strikes across Sydney Well its soaking wet and freezing cold, could it be man 'made global warming' in disguise? Without the big dry and the ... more
- Cleangirl on Apologise to a culture of complaint Apologise because someone may choose to take offence ? more
- Join the Q Society on Apologise to a culture of complaint Non offensive T Shirt should have the same wording but with the Islamic State Flag! more
- Patriot on Apologise to a culture of complaint Slick and pretentious Woolworths obviously lack charisma and they lack credibility too. Woolworths will lose even more ... more
- Tanya on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets What a lot of utter BS, When the Greens don't like something you know its OK. When has the truth become "Totally ... more
- WHAT POLICE? on Sydney violence a generation thing? Excuses, excuses! Amazingly even with record police numbers, it is a struggle to find our invisible police force i.e. huge ... more
- Troy on Hillsong, more than just a church So tired of hearing from this woman anytime Hillsong is mentioned. She hasn't been there in well over a decade. She couldn't ... more
- Mr Creepy on Are 'fun police' banning everything? We have all seen it. A poodle mounts the leg of a bigger dog. The expression on the poodles face is a little amusing, a ... more
- Voluptuous Hypothesis on Sydney to bathe in blood moon? Just in time to watch the moon die. Blood moon exsanguinated. Eclipse reached totality. Here, north of Dallas, the moon ... more
- Cleangirl on Labor Party 'Headed for the rocks' Labor has to stop the Left-wing senseless rhetoric, and start looking out for the workers, their families and get some ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane It was reported that Islamic State agents are travelling in fours with false passports, posing as refugees to enter Europe! ... more
Asylum Report: increase intake!
An expert panel on asylum seeker policy has recommended offshore processing in both Malaysia and Nauru, and recommends an increase in annual humanitarian intake to 20,000 up from the current 13,750.
Consideration should be given to further increasing the intake to 27,000 within five years, Mr Houston said. Also, that future asylum seekers not be eligible to sponsor family members to come to Australia.
The panel also recommends that Australia continue to boost its bilateral cooperation with Indonesia, including enhanced joint surveillance and response patrols. The panel says Australia should accept an increased number of asylum seekers from Indonesia every year.
Mr Houston says all up the panel has made 22 key recommendations.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Paul Murray gives his views on the recommendation future asylum seekers not be eligible to sponsor family members to come to Australia under the Special Humanitarian Program.
211 people are onboard the latest asylum seeker boat that has arrived in Australian waters. Jason Morrison says statistics show of those people, 94% will in 5 years time still be on welfare, and in public housing.
Will Julia Gillard lead the Labor Party into the next election? Change may be close to allow fresh air into the next campaign. Graham Richardson with Paul Murray on the machinations behind the scenes for the PM.
Hold out your grandsons hand so that it can be chopped off under Sharia Law, offer up your granddaughter so she can be stoned to death for wearing a bikini and not a burka.
The Government sponsored Muslim Colonisation of Australia is on in ernest, I have not met one person that wants the wife oppressing Muslims in this basically peaceful country.
Bikinis not burkasEvil triumphs when good men say nothing! Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 7:19 PM
Shut the gate tight. We should have Zero new migrants as wherever I go in the suburbs I see able bodied people sipping coffee, enjoying the sunshine without a care in the world. Stop the Australia seekers!!!!!We have enough dole bludgers here already. Those on the dole should be made to work for it - I suggest 25-30 hours a week picking up rubbish, Whipper snipping grass on the side of the roads etc or as they do in China sweep plazas, streets etc then they would want to work for a decent wage. Wait until we get 1% unemployment then review the situation. I'm sick of these bludgers getting a free ride. I went into Liverpool centelink the other day to get some information for another person and I was the only Anglo Saxon in the enquiry queue. What country is this. Juliar stop all this insanity you have and are still making things worseAF Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 11:11 AM
What, more un-employable lazy dole bludgers? I pay taxes to benefit the country, not to have some slack arsed country shopper sit in the streets of Lakemba drinking coffee and re-populating the country with his half dozen wives!The door needs to be shut and shut tight!Peter Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 8:38 AM
OK Julia, but put them on HECS if you want to keep giving them so much. How many Australians have no internet, no free dental, no free housing, board, cleaning and how many Australians can`t even afford heating ??Johannes Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 7:26 AM
More family reunions, how about sending unaccompanied minors back to their parents.Jo Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 7:21 AM
Listen with all the taxes I pay a year plus when people like Julia get a raise over $100,000 since she been appointed I can not afford any new increases making 50k a year fulltime, I say drop the rate to 10,000 per year until all areas are empty, then let them trickle in.Jeff Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 1:19 AM