- Why are pensioners in the pinch?
- Taxi driver anger at ridesharing app
- Can you impersonate the PM?
- Get set for a brutal budget?
- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- Anzac Day: just a public holiday?
- Set to be slugged for your gas?
- The man behind the voice of Dr Hook
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Take a pill guys! this is a already funded purchase and is bi-partisan, granted these aircraft are pricy and have problems, ... more
- adriano on Get set for a brutal budget? Watch libs cut budget for the poor while the rich are spared. more
- adriano on 20 police officers charged this year Cops are whiter than white.How do they reflect more than 200 nationalities in Aus? more
- Samuel J on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? @ Tangled Web posting here - you are tangled alright. Utterly stupid comments you have made. Open your eyes and look at the ... more
- Greg O on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bill seems to be caught in the middle here. He knows what the Party wants but he has to try and present an image that will ... more
- Greg O on 20 police officers charged this year Only 20? Many years ago a young police officer was presenting a road safety lecture to the staff where I was working. One ... more
- Greg O on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? I can remember in my school days seeing Mustang, Meteor and Vampire fighters flying around. They were followed by the Sabre ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on 20 police officers charged this year Yes. It is one set of standards for them and another set of clear laws for us citizens. The management of police should be ... more
- Cleangirl on 20 police officers charged this year Standards are low, Tattoos, fatties, shorties, light weights and facial hair. The males aren`t much better. more
- Cleangirl on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? That's half what Indonesia spends, and we give them financial aid. more
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: will it always be sacred? Sadly I can recall when Anzac Day was truly sacred, entirely unlike now. It was a full day public holiday, not a quick less ... more
- Ross H. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? @Bitter Kimber here fails to see that we are already taxed right up to the eyeballs now with more than enough to properly ... more
- Kimber on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? My visits to my doctor have never been "free", we live in a regional area and have never had bulk billing and we still pay ... more
- Kimber on When to let a loved one go? Agreed, a very difficult topic, but definitely a case by case basis. Having been in this situation with an elderly loved one ... more
- Coasty on Anger at Anzac Day breast competition I'll put it out there that ANZAC's could make a competition out of anything. If you don't want to rate your own breasts ... more
- Tangled Web on 20 police officers charged this year Ever since the standards were drastically lowered for entry into the police force and the training weakened, the undesirable ... more
- Fred on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bull Shorten is a little thick, he is still banging on about dodgy global warming/climate change and his absurd tax, when ... more
- Samuel J on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor I trust, hope and pray the now utterly defunct, useless, incompetent labor party will remain in Opposition for the next 20 ... more
Asylum Report: increase intake!
An expert panel on asylum seeker policy has recommended offshore processing in both Malaysia and Nauru, and recommends an increase in annual humanitarian intake to 20,000 up from the current 13,750.
Consideration should be given to further increasing the intake to 27,000 within five years, Mr Houston said. Also, that future asylum seekers not be eligible to sponsor family members to come to Australia.
The panel also recommends that Australia continue to boost its bilateral cooperation with Indonesia, including enhanced joint surveillance and response patrols. The panel says Australia should accept an increased number of asylum seekers from Indonesia every year.
Mr Houston says all up the panel has made 22 key recommendations.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Paul Murray gives his views on the recommendation future asylum seekers not be eligible to sponsor family members to come to Australia under the Special Humanitarian Program.
211 people are onboard the latest asylum seeker boat that has arrived in Australian waters. Jason Morrison says statistics show of those people, 94% will in 5 years time still be on welfare, and in public housing.
Will Julia Gillard lead the Labor Party into the next election? Change may be close to allow fresh air into the next campaign. Graham Richardson with Paul Murray on the machinations behind the scenes for the PM.
Hold out your grandsons hand so that it can be chopped off under Sharia Law, offer up your granddaughter so she can be stoned to death for wearing a bikini and not a burka.
The Government sponsored Muslim Colonisation of Australia is on in ernest, I have not met one person that wants the wife oppressing Muslims in this basically peaceful country.
Bikinis not burkasEvil triumphs when good men say nothing! Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 7:19 PM
Shut the gate tight. We should have Zero new migrants as wherever I go in the suburbs I see able bodied people sipping coffee, enjoying the sunshine without a care in the world. Stop the Australia seekers!!!!!We have enough dole bludgers here already. Those on the dole should be made to work for it - I suggest 25-30 hours a week picking up rubbish, Whipper snipping grass on the side of the roads etc or as they do in China sweep plazas, streets etc then they would want to work for a decent wage. Wait until we get 1% unemployment then review the situation. I'm sick of these bludgers getting a free ride. I went into Liverpool centelink the other day to get some information for another person and I was the only Anglo Saxon in the enquiry queue. What country is this. Juliar stop all this insanity you have and are still making things worseAF Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 11:11 AM
What, more un-employable lazy dole bludgers? I pay taxes to benefit the country, not to have some slack arsed country shopper sit in the streets of Lakemba drinking coffee and re-populating the country with his half dozen wives!The door needs to be shut and shut tight!Peter Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 8:38 AM
OK Julia, but put them on HECS if you want to keep giving them so much. How many Australians have no internet, no free dental, no free housing, board, cleaning and how many Australians can`t even afford heating ??Johannes Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 7:26 AM
More family reunions, how about sending unaccompanied minors back to their parents.Jo Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 7:21 AM
Listen with all the taxes I pay a year plus when people like Julia get a raise over $100,000 since she been appointed I can not afford any new increases making 50k a year fulltime, I say drop the rate to 10,000 per year until all areas are empty, then let them trickle in.Jeff Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 1:19 AM