- "Islam" absent over UK terrorism?
- Vivid Sydney lights up the CBD
- Was the Warner fine appropriate?
- Tom Richards, Wallaby Warrior
- Call to ban live sporting odds on TV
- Protecting against insidious terrorism
- Tributes flow for Hazel Hawke
- Open Mic: Distance Education
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Peter on Ford to cut production in Australia And now the ACTU come charging in on their white donkey, guns ablazing seeing who they can hit in a ridiculous attempt to ... more
- peter on Was the Warner fine appropriate? Cricket, football, soccer, racing just about any sport these days is subject to bizarre and draconian laws of conduct that ... more
- Simon on Ford to cut production in Australia communism in the making. So who controls it all? lets not be niave about this. more
- Peter on Protecting against insidious terrorism Of course there will be copycat attacks, the followers of the religion of peace believe that everyone that does not believe ... more
- CARMEN on Tributes flow for Hazel Hawke The passing of Mrs. Hazel Hawke has really saddened me...I had a lot of respect for this wonderful person who always came ... more
- Douglas on Ford to cut production in Australia At least the workers are getting 3 years notice, better then 3 days more
- Keith A Tudor on 19 new charges against Thomson And so the charges pour in and are added to the mass of other charges already preferred against this joker - yet it drags on ... more
- Samuel Kyrikos on Ford to cut production in Australia I agree this has been coming your years. Little or no productivity and vehicle improvements. I believe the trade unionists ... more
- paulo on UK terror: soldier hacked to death Robert.I studied history and most people know that the nazis wanted to dominate europe .They also murdered ... more
- paulo on UK terror: soldier hacked to death So Peter you are an example of what i said about extremism or You accuse muslims of rioting ,raping, riots yet you forget ... more
- Peter on UK terror: soldier hacked to death @ Robert: I think you might be the one who needs to research WWII. This time open your eyes. more
- Katrina Haller on Calls to legalise euthanasia in NSW Assisted suicide has been prohibited for over 2000 years. It would have made doctors into killers. We can focus on care for ... more
- Vince on Calls to legalise euthanasia in NSW I would like to know what these politicians would do if they knew someone who was going through unimaginable suffering. I'm ... more
- Vince on Ford to cut production in Australia Totally agree with Peter. The writing was on the wall years ago, so it should not have come as a surprise. I can't feel ... more
- Kimber on Calls to legalise euthanasia in NSW Anybody who has had to sit by the side of terminally ill person and see their distress at having to linger and suffer in ... more
- Robert on UK terror: soldier hacked to death @paulo. You havent got a clue about WW2. Try researching without hollywood movies and propaganda books. more
- Robert on Ford to cut production in Australia So much for globalisation. Boy they really suckered us into that one. more
- Peter on UK terror: soldier hacked to death And one of the biggest supporters of the Nazi's was Islam! the SS even had a muslim death squad! The EDL and other so called ... more
- Peter on Ford to cut production in Australia And who didn't see this coming years ago?Typical Labor and Unions not living in the real world and understanding that ... more
- Peter on Premier sticks with Gonski decision Barry was conned by Ju-lier!There is no extra money for Gonski! Any money they do have has been re-directed from other ... more
Asylum Report: increase intake!
An expert panel on asylum seeker policy has recommended offshore processing in both Malaysia and Nauru, and recommends an increase in annual humanitarian intake to 20,000 up from the current 13,750.
Consideration should be given to further increasing the intake to 27,000 within five years, Mr Houston said. Also, that future asylum seekers not be eligible to sponsor family members to come to Australia.
The panel also recommends that Australia continue to boost its bilateral cooperation with Indonesia, including enhanced joint surveillance and response patrols. The panel says Australia should accept an increased number of asylum seekers from Indonesia every year.
Mr Houston says all up the panel has made 22 key recommendations.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Paul Murray gives his views on the recommendation future asylum seekers not be eligible to sponsor family members to come to Australia under the Special Humanitarian Program.
211 people are onboard the latest asylum seeker boat that has arrived in Australian waters. Jason Morrison says statistics show of those people, 94% will in 5 years time still be on welfare, and in public housing.
Will Julia Gillard lead the Labor Party into the next election? Change may be close to allow fresh air into the next campaign. Graham Richardson with Paul Murray on the machinations behind the scenes for the PM.
Hold out your grandsons hand so that it can be chopped off under Sharia Law, offer up your granddaughter so she can be stoned to death for wearing a bikini and not a burka.
The Government sponsored Muslim Colonisation of Australia is on in ernest, I have not met one person that wants the wife oppressing Muslims in this basically peaceful country.
Bikinis not burkasEvil triumphs when good men say nothing! Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 7:19 PM
Shut the gate tight. We should have Zero new migrants as wherever I go in the suburbs I see able bodied people sipping coffee, enjoying the sunshine without a care in the world. Stop the Australia seekers!!!!!We have enough dole bludgers here already. Those on the dole should be made to work for it - I suggest 25-30 hours a week picking up rubbish, Whipper snipping grass on the side of the roads etc or as they do in China sweep plazas, streets etc then they would want to work for a decent wage. Wait until we get 1% unemployment then review the situation. I'm sick of these bludgers getting a free ride. I went into Liverpool centelink the other day to get some information for another person and I was the only Anglo Saxon in the enquiry queue. What country is this. Juliar stop all this insanity you have and are still making things worseAF Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 11:11 AM
What, more un-employable lazy dole bludgers? I pay taxes to benefit the country, not to have some slack arsed country shopper sit in the streets of Lakemba drinking coffee and re-populating the country with his half dozen wives!The door needs to be shut and shut tight!Peter Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 8:38 AM
OK Julia, but put them on HECS if you want to keep giving them so much. How many Australians have no internet, no free dental, no free housing, board, cleaning and how many Australians can`t even afford heating ??Johannes Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 7:26 AM
More family reunions, how about sending unaccompanied minors back to their parents.Jo Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 7:21 AM
Listen with all the taxes I pay a year plus when people like Julia get a raise over $100,000 since she been appointed I can not afford any new increases making 50k a year fulltime, I say drop the rate to 10,000 per year until all areas are empty, then let them trickle in.Jeff Tuesday 14 August, 2012 - 1:19 AM