- Countdown trial for pedestrians
- Schoolies no worse this year?
- Amphetamine use on the increase
- Who will win big at ARIAS 2014
- Uber: the answer to Sydney cab rides?
- Baby found in Quakers Hill drain
- Over treatment with some cancers
- Baird shows huge political courage
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kylie Kelly on Baby found in Quakers Hill drain This will put the pro-abortionists into a frenzy. See how all life is precious, not just the politicians' lives, who ... more
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
Asylum seeker issue: who to blame?
The latest Newspoll shows voters blame both major parties for the political deadlock on the asylum-seeker deadlock. Stuart Bocking says Tony Abbott has also been stung with his lack of cooperation on the issue.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The survey, published by News Limited, shows 17 per cent of voters believe Labor is the best party to handle the issue - compared to 37 per cent who back the Coalition's policies.
Only seven per cent support the Greens approach.
Meanwhile, when it came to who was responsible for the political deadlock on the issue - 32 per cent blame Labor, 28 per cent blame the Coalition, and 16 per cent point the finger at the Greens.
The poll was conducted between last Friday and Sunday, and comes after a boat carrying 81 asylum seekers called the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) yesterday morning to request help, just 40 nautical miles off the Indonesian coast.
Australian and Indonesian authorities launched a major rescue operation, but border protection officials say the boat showed no visible signs of distress. (AAP)
Two more boats intercepted by Australian authorities, including one that called for help in Indonesian waters despite not being in trouble at all. Stuart Bocking asks what is the solution that will stop the smugglers.
Former Immigration Minister Amanda Vanstone says the Gillard Government's Malaysia Solution is a waste of time. She tells Stuart Bocking only stopping permanent residency will halt the asylum seeker boats.
Who to Blame ?....... no brainer.... Howard stopped then Kev 07 and Gillard haven't....
mnnn !! let me see ?
I blame Labor and Labor and Labor and oh yes the greens !Sally Wednesday 11 July, 2012 - 7:34 PM
Who to blame? Rudd and Gillard, with a dash of the Greens (all of them), for their egos and lack of respect for Australia.David T. Wednesday 11 July, 2012 - 6:04 PM
I believe, clearly Labor are 100% culpable-blameworthy! After all Labor inappropriately closed a working very successful Nauru causing this ongoing crisis, now!! Not only did Labor wrongly close Nauru, but just to save their bloody damned faces. Labor are desperately trying to stop the necessary re-opening of Nauru by the Liberal leader Tony Abbott. Labor need to go now! Open Nauru once again!Blind Freddy Wednesday 11 July, 2012 - 12:00 PM
Given that the Greens are in Government with Labor, this poll should read that 48% of those polled blame the Government. The 28% who blame the Coalition are the usual rusted on 30% or so Labor voters who can't see the wood for the trees anyway. It is the Government's job to Govern! It is the Opposition's job to oppose bad policy like the so-called Malaysia solution! (Since when was a four for one deal a good one) and the 800 has now become over 8000, does this mean we now send 8000 and get 80,000 back? If Labor can't get support from the Green's on this they have lost control of Government. Blaming the Opposition is just a weak excuse from a weak government for their failure to secure our borders. If they are incapable of doing this they should call an election and let the Coalition sort out the mess they have made.Susan Wednesday 11 July, 2012 - 10:35 AM