- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- Anzac Day: just a public holiday?
- Set to be slugged for your gas?
- The man behind the voice of Dr Hook
- Anzac Day: will it always be sacred?
- Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets?
- Angela Catterns with Tina Arena
- Foy Vance talks on Joy of Nothing
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Kimber on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? My visits to my doctor have never been "free", we live in a regional area and have never had bulk billing and we still pay ... more
- Kimber on When to let a loved one go? Agreed, a very difficult topic, but definitely a case by case basis. Having been in this situation with an elderly loved one ... more
- Coasty on Anger at Anzac Day breast competition I'll put it out there that ANZAC's could make a competition out of anything. If you don't want to rate your own breasts ... more
- Tangled Web on 20 police officers charged this year Ever since the standards were drastically lowered for entry into the police force and the training weakened, the undesirable ... more
- Fred on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bull Shorten is a little thick, he is still banging on about dodgy global warming/climate change and his absurd tax, when ... more
- Samuel J on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor I trust, hope and pray the now utterly defunct, useless, incompetent labor party will remain in Opposition for the next 20 ... more
- Craig on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? As for Hockeys nasty GP co-payment, I heard him on radio recently and when asked if he paid his doctor extra money now? ... more
- Greg O on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Since when was our "free" medical system free? Someone else has always had to pay for it. Even back in day one when the ... more
- Jane M. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Has anyone yet asked silly big Joe Hockey, what is the doctor supposed to do, when those sick people in distress with a bad ... more
- Tangled Web on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor According to the old Bill Shorten; â??I have full confidence in Craig Thomsonâ??. Bill Shorten (Aug 2011): Craig Thomson ... more
- Eric (From the West) on When is the flu just a cold? Re: Stuart Bockings comments about a second airport affecting property values. The reality is that we don't know what will ... more
- Tangled Web on Shorten calls for Labor Party reforms Evidently that insincere, plastic Bill Shorten is not all that bright and he is not lonely either. If Labor have nothing ... more
- Tangled Web on When is the flu just a cold? Thanks, that was somewhat informative. We all had a very bad, highly contagious flu like virus in late January and it ... more
- Anonymous on Father's fight to see his daughter Poor Andrew is correct. Way back in 1987 I divorced my very cruel, hate filled wife. Subsequently for the next 20+ years, ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: reflecting recent battles Amazingly, there are some elements around who still call themselves Australians. They are so ungrateful to our brave ... more
- Tangled Web on William & Kate head to Uluru I am trying my very best, but I just can't get excited about all of this media attention on the royal ... more
- Tangled Web on Baird reshuffle - winners and losers? Lets just hope, that the replacement premier is not just another expensive Grange wine drinker with a bad memory too? And ... more
- Tangled Web on Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks? @Keith A Tudor is obviously correct, how much longer will we accommodate all of this destructive drunkenness? Lets just see ... more
Asylum seeker issue: who to blame?
The latest Newspoll shows voters blame both major parties for the political deadlock on the asylum-seeker deadlock. Stuart Bocking says Tony Abbott has also been stung with his lack of cooperation on the issue.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The survey, published by News Limited, shows 17 per cent of voters believe Labor is the best party to handle the issue - compared to 37 per cent who back the Coalition's policies.
Only seven per cent support the Greens approach.
Meanwhile, when it came to who was responsible for the political deadlock on the issue - 32 per cent blame Labor, 28 per cent blame the Coalition, and 16 per cent point the finger at the Greens.
The poll was conducted between last Friday and Sunday, and comes after a boat carrying 81 asylum seekers called the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) yesterday morning to request help, just 40 nautical miles off the Indonesian coast.
Australian and Indonesian authorities launched a major rescue operation, but border protection officials say the boat showed no visible signs of distress. (AAP)
Two more boats intercepted by Australian authorities, including one that called for help in Indonesian waters despite not being in trouble at all. Stuart Bocking asks what is the solution that will stop the smugglers.
Former Immigration Minister Amanda Vanstone says the Gillard Government's Malaysia Solution is a waste of time. She tells Stuart Bocking only stopping permanent residency will halt the asylum seeker boats.
Who to Blame ?....... no brainer.... Howard stopped then Kev 07 and Gillard haven't....
mnnn !! let me see ?
I blame Labor and Labor and Labor and oh yes the greens !Sally Wednesday 11 July, 2012 - 7:34 PM
Who to blame? Rudd and Gillard, with a dash of the Greens (all of them), for their egos and lack of respect for Australia.David T. Wednesday 11 July, 2012 - 6:04 PM
I believe, clearly Labor are 100% culpable-blameworthy! After all Labor inappropriately closed a working very successful Nauru causing this ongoing crisis, now!! Not only did Labor wrongly close Nauru, but just to save their bloody damned faces. Labor are desperately trying to stop the necessary re-opening of Nauru by the Liberal leader Tony Abbott. Labor need to go now! Open Nauru once again!Blind Freddy Wednesday 11 July, 2012 - 12:00 PM
Given that the Greens are in Government with Labor, this poll should read that 48% of those polled blame the Government. The 28% who blame the Coalition are the usual rusted on 30% or so Labor voters who can't see the wood for the trees anyway. It is the Government's job to Govern! It is the Opposition's job to oppose bad policy like the so-called Malaysia solution! (Since when was a four for one deal a good one) and the 800 has now become over 8000, does this mean we now send 8000 and get 80,000 back? If Labor can't get support from the Green's on this they have lost control of Government. Blaming the Opposition is just a weak excuse from a weak government for their failure to secure our borders. If they are incapable of doing this they should call an election and let the Coalition sort out the mess they have made.Susan Wednesday 11 July, 2012 - 10:35 AM