- Fun police end muck up day?
- Counter-Terror raids across Sydney
- Cash transfer company questioned
- Should we ban local ISIS flag sales?
- How safe are generic brand meals?
- Anger at ABC Digger massacre claim
- Bill shock on mobile internet data
- Emotional eulogy at funeral
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- adam on Should we ban local ISIS flag sales? Justin, the extract below is from Christian News Minute (CNM) I hope it gives you pause for thought.The ISIS flag consists ... more
- The Devils Advocate on Too apathetic to make a change? Neil really wants to say the number plate is an antiemetic racial slur. He is prevented from saying that because he has ... more
- RAKESH ADUK on Too apathetic to make a change? Garry Linnell talks a lot of sense! Whenever I go overseas and see the beautiful Aussie flag, it immediately takes me back ... more
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
- The scourge of Terrorism on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Terrorism is always terrorism. It is never acceptable to commit an act of terrorism. It is never acceptable for ANY party to ... more
- Jonathon L Benson LLB on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque I blame this wishy washy government of nsw. They have the power to outlaw this barbaric flag but are scared of their shadows. more
- Craig on US expanding role in Middle East To get to the crux of this matter, it was US support for the so called rebels in Syria that has led to the creation of this ... more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - absolutely correct. Our out of touch governments should legislate to declare the ownership, carriage, sale, flying ... more
- Cleangirl on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction As welcome as a KKK flag. more
Australia: moving into the future?
Who are we as a nation? On Australia Day Demographer Bernard Salt takes a look at our country in 2013 and what trends are being predicted as we move forward into the future with George and Paul on 2UE.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Should we focus on our common values, rather than our diversity this Australia Day? A culture of manners, decency, mateship and our ability to help each other. What values do you think make us Australians?
Time to wave a new flag at sporting events? Dicko and Sarah catch up with Ray Martin to speak about the design for a new flag. Do we need the union jack, and do we need a new flag for events at all? Have Your Say!
Robert, whether they believed in land ownership or not is irrelevant because once British rule of law was adopted the aborignies did, in the eyes of the law, become the legal owners of Australia. This was the basis of the High Court ruling on the Mabo claim. That's why the Fed and State Govts changed the Native Title Laws, in respect of Freehold Land. Native Title still applies to Crown Land. If you want to mine, farm or occupy land that is subject to Native Title you need the traditional owners permission, to do so. Indonesians were coming here hundreds of years before Europeans. I stand by my statement that you are an ignoramus.James W Wednesday 30 January, 2013 - 5:11 PM
"Robert, do you not accept that there were non-whites here long before white Europeans arrived?"
I accept that the non-whites who were here before us didnt believe in the concept of land ownership. They owned nothing but their spears and boomerangs. Australia belongs to the White Australian people who accepted ownership of this island continent and who built civilisation on this continent. If you think Australia belongs to the aboriginies then you can be the first to leave.Robert Wednesday 30 January, 2013 - 2:05 PM
Robert, do you not accept that there were non-whites here long before white Europeans arrived?James W Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 9:52 PM
Terrence, do you mean the aboriginals should also go back to Asia or Africa?David T. Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 5:21 PM
@Terrance. You like to pick and choose your 'facts' to suit dont you. The FACT is that using the old worn out lie that "we are a nation of immigrants" to further the agenda of removing this country away from its rightful owners, the White Australian people who are responsible for the existence of this civilisation, as an excuse to continually flood our nation with non-whites is a racist attack upon the Australian people that will lead to the eventual destruction of the Australian people in the future. Mutliculturalism is a threat to the lives of the millions of True Blue Aussies who created this once great country and those who support multiculturalism are traitors and advocates of white genocide.Robert Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:10 AM
@Robert it may well be far too late. The traitorous, sabotaging, corrupt unionised Labor/Green/Independent government have already done so much irreparable damage to Australia. They are obviously not Aussies and evidently are not acting in our best interests. Google "agenda 21 for dummies" and see why!www.abortiontruth.com Monday 28 January, 2013 - 4:07 PM