- Anzac Day: who do you remember?
- Royal tour: what it meant for us?
- Anzac Day: Lest We Forget
- Father hugs man who killed daughter
- Anzac Day two-up: where to play?
- Time for Charles to be King?
- Why are pensioners in the pinch?
- Taxi driver anger at ridesharing app
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Vivienne on Time for Charles to be King? Why is there this continual speculation about the queen "stepping down"? Would there be the same if she were a king instead? ... more
- Cleangirl on Time for Charles to be King? We all know Charles is a dill, the Queen should bypass him for William. more
- Tangled Web on Why are pensioners in the pinch? Well that blatant hypocrite, no "heavy lifting" for big Joe Hockey, him and Tony Abbott need to look in the mirror. Big Joe ... more
- Julie on Why are pensioners in the pinch? I heard a caller on radio today suggest that the blowout in Age Pensions is due to the increase in single age pensioners. ... more
- Greg O on Get set for a brutal budget? adriano. Back in about 2007 just before the financial crisis hit us a little and the Northern Hemisphere a lot, the rich ... more
- Bao Tran on Get set for a brutal budget? I think the government has it wrong with the medicare co-payment. Everyone should be entitled to "free" GP or emergency ... more
- Tony on Get set for a brutal budget? Better than spending what we don't have and burdening future generations with paying back Labor's drunken sailor policies! ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Get set for a brutal budget? I trust the budget of Hockey's will seriously address the utterly overstaffed Australian public service. It needs an axe ... more
- Tony on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Take a pill guys! this is a already funded purchase and is bi-partisan, granted these aircraft are pricy and have problems, ... more
- adriano on Get set for a brutal budget? Watch libs cut budget for the poor while the rich are spared. more
- adriano on 20 police officers charged this year Cops are whiter than white.How do they reflect more than 200 nationalities in Aus? more
- Samuel J on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? @ Tangled Web posting here - you are tangled alright. Utterly stupid comments you have made. Open your eyes and look at the ... more
- Greg O on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bill seems to be caught in the middle here. He knows what the Party wants but he has to try and present an image that will ... more
- Greg O on 20 police officers charged this year Only 20? Many years ago a young police officer was presenting a road safety lecture to the staff where I was working. One ... more
- Greg O on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? I can remember in my school days seeing Mustang, Meteor and Vampire fighters flying around. They were followed by the Sabre ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on 20 police officers charged this year Yes. It is one set of standards for them and another set of clear laws for us citizens. The management of police should be ... more
- Cleangirl on 20 police officers charged this year Standards are low, Tattoos, fatties, shorties, light weights and facial hair. The males aren`t much better. more
- Cleangirl on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? That's half what Indonesia spends, and we give them financial aid. more
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
Australia: moving into the future?
Who are we as a nation? On Australia Day Demographer Bernard Salt takes a look at our country in 2013 and what trends are being predicted as we move forward into the future with George and Paul on 2UE.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Should we focus on our common values, rather than our diversity this Australia Day? A culture of manners, decency, mateship and our ability to help each other. What values do you think make us Australians?
Time to wave a new flag at sporting events? Dicko and Sarah catch up with Ray Martin to speak about the design for a new flag. Do we need the union jack, and do we need a new flag for events at all? Have Your Say!
Robert, whether they believed in land ownership or not is irrelevant because once British rule of law was adopted the aborignies did, in the eyes of the law, become the legal owners of Australia. This was the basis of the High Court ruling on the Mabo claim. That's why the Fed and State Govts changed the Native Title Laws, in respect of Freehold Land. Native Title still applies to Crown Land. If you want to mine, farm or occupy land that is subject to Native Title you need the traditional owners permission, to do so. Indonesians were coming here hundreds of years before Europeans. I stand by my statement that you are an ignoramus.James W Wednesday 30 January, 2013 - 5:11 PM
"Robert, do you not accept that there were non-whites here long before white Europeans arrived?"
I accept that the non-whites who were here before us didnt believe in the concept of land ownership. They owned nothing but their spears and boomerangs. Australia belongs to the White Australian people who accepted ownership of this island continent and who built civilisation on this continent. If you think Australia belongs to the aboriginies then you can be the first to leave.Robert Wednesday 30 January, 2013 - 2:05 PM
Robert, do you not accept that there were non-whites here long before white Europeans arrived?James W Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 9:52 PM
Terrence, do you mean the aboriginals should also go back to Asia or Africa?David T. Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 5:21 PM
@Terrance. You like to pick and choose your 'facts' to suit dont you. The FACT is that using the old worn out lie that "we are a nation of immigrants" to further the agenda of removing this country away from its rightful owners, the White Australian people who are responsible for the existence of this civilisation, as an excuse to continually flood our nation with non-whites is a racist attack upon the Australian people that will lead to the eventual destruction of the Australian people in the future. Mutliculturalism is a threat to the lives of the millions of True Blue Aussies who created this once great country and those who support multiculturalism are traitors and advocates of white genocide.Robert Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:10 AM
@Robert it may well be far too late. The traitorous, sabotaging, corrupt unionised Labor/Green/Independent government have already done so much irreparable damage to Australia. They are obviously not Aussies and evidently are not acting in our best interests. Google "agenda 21 for dummies" and see why!www.abortiontruth.com Monday 28 January, 2013 - 4:07 PM