- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- Kit Harrington on making movies
- Kamahl on people being kind?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
Australia: moving into the future?
Who are we as a nation? On Australia Day Demographer Bernard Salt takes a look at our country in 2013 and what trends are being predicted as we move forward into the future with George and Paul on 2UE.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Should we focus on our common values, rather than our diversity this Australia Day? A culture of manners, decency, mateship and our ability to help each other. What values do you think make us Australians?
Time to wave a new flag at sporting events? Dicko and Sarah catch up with Ray Martin to speak about the design for a new flag. Do we need the union jack, and do we need a new flag for events at all? Have Your Say!
Robert, whether they believed in land ownership or not is irrelevant because once British rule of law was adopted the aborignies did, in the eyes of the law, become the legal owners of Australia. This was the basis of the High Court ruling on the Mabo claim. That's why the Fed and State Govts changed the Native Title Laws, in respect of Freehold Land. Native Title still applies to Crown Land. If you want to mine, farm or occupy land that is subject to Native Title you need the traditional owners permission, to do so. Indonesians were coming here hundreds of years before Europeans. I stand by my statement that you are an ignoramus.James W Wednesday 30 January, 2013 - 5:11 PM
"Robert, do you not accept that there were non-whites here long before white Europeans arrived?"
I accept that the non-whites who were here before us didnt believe in the concept of land ownership. They owned nothing but their spears and boomerangs. Australia belongs to the White Australian people who accepted ownership of this island continent and who built civilisation on this continent. If you think Australia belongs to the aboriginies then you can be the first to leave.Robert Wednesday 30 January, 2013 - 2:05 PM
Robert, do you not accept that there were non-whites here long before white Europeans arrived?James W Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 9:52 PM
Terrence, do you mean the aboriginals should also go back to Asia or Africa?David T. Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 5:21 PM
@Terrance. You like to pick and choose your 'facts' to suit dont you. The FACT is that using the old worn out lie that "we are a nation of immigrants" to further the agenda of removing this country away from its rightful owners, the White Australian people who are responsible for the existence of this civilisation, as an excuse to continually flood our nation with non-whites is a racist attack upon the Australian people that will lead to the eventual destruction of the Australian people in the future. Mutliculturalism is a threat to the lives of the millions of True Blue Aussies who created this once great country and those who support multiculturalism are traitors and advocates of white genocide.Robert Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 10:10 AM
@Robert it may well be far too late. The traitorous, sabotaging, corrupt unionised Labor/Green/Independent government have already done so much irreparable damage to Australia. They are obviously not Aussies and evidently are not acting in our best interests. Google "agenda 21 for dummies" and see why!www.abortiontruth.com Monday 28 January, 2013 - 4:07 PM