- Open Mic: Distance Education
- 19 new charges against Thomson
- Politician hands out his pay rise
- Ford to cut production in Australia
- Cost of raising children on the rise
- Calls to legalise euthanasia in NSW
- Nationwide crackdown on illegal guns
- Video: The Great Gatsby Red Carpet
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Robert on UK terror: soldier hacked to death @paulo. You havent got a clue about WW2. Try researching without hollywood movies and propaganda books. more
- Robert on Ford to cut production in Australia So much for globalisation. Boy they really suckered us into that one. more
- Peter on UK terror: soldier hacked to death And one of the biggest supporters of the Nazi's was Islam! the SS even had a muslim death squad! The EDL and other so called ... more
- Peter on Ford to cut production in Australia And who didn't see this coming years ago?Typical Labor and Unions not living in the real world and understanding that ... more
- Peter on Premier sticks with Gonski decision Barry was conned by Ju-lier!There is no extra money for Gonski! Any money they do have has been re-directed from other ... more
- paulo on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support Terrence again you think all gays just want to go to discos and saunas and have many partners.Well there are many who ... more
- paulo on UK terror: soldier hacked to death I come from London .Homegrown Islamic extremism is a problem, however the EDL the English Defence League that rioted after ... more
- m on Man refuses rising for magistrate what i would like to see is someone giving parking tickets out in front of any mosque on a friday. council !! anyone ... more
- Terrence on Premier sticks with Gonski decision Carry on Barry! If a Lieberal party stooge accuses you of being Labour - you who won a landslide election for the party, ... more
- Terrence on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support @Paulo, why is it prejudice to point out that the institution of marriage has nothing to do with homosexual lifestyle? Tell ... more
- Terrence on Economic hard times for Aussies Well Bill, I wish you had said that before you came here. If you think we are doing it tough spare a thought for most of the ... more
- Terrence on Premier sticks with Gonski decision Party hacks will always talk like party hacks. To them the country or the state is not more important than their petty ... more
- Michael on PM back in Sydney's greater west Well if Bob Hawke is going to be there, he can explain to Julia what its like to be stabbed in the back whilst P.M. Maybe ... more
- Michael on Claims against Ben Te'o denied Put simply, no charges laid by her or Mr Te'o so this is a non event. No one should condone violence of any kind against ... more
- Bill Baxter on PM back in Sydney's greater west A community cabinet eh! She would not even understand how cabinet government is supposed to operate! What a horrible piece ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Contempt not standing for Magistrate This is called Cultural Jihad!It is the thin edge of the wedge.Join the Q Society to uphold Australian values.Jason they are ... more
- bazza on PM back in Sydney's greater west bob is only going to get a bit of the ndis cash. more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on Girl held at gun point in robbery Again, people these days do not have much respect for the very wishy-washy undisciplined legal system! A damned system full ... more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on Contempt not standing for Magistrate People these days do not have much respect for the very wishy-washy undisciplined legal system! A damned system full of ... more
- CARMEN on PM back in Sydney's greater west Does she, Julia Gillard, REALLY NEED Bob Hawke to hold her hand in the Western Suburbs????....WHAT AN ABSOLUTE ... more
AWU scandal damages Labor polls
The AWU scandal has taken a toll on the Gillard Government with a big slip in the polls. Labor's primary vote is down four percent in the latest Newspoll to its lowest level since February this year.
There's been a six-point swing to the Coalition two party preferred, holding an election winning lead of 54 to 46. But ALP frontbencher Craig Emerson says the government is focused on on the job at hand.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Gillard Government has ended the year on a low - with the latest Newspoll revealing they could lose more than a dozen seats at the next Federal election. 2UE's Bron Matherson reports.
Labor's primary vote has fallen to its February level of 32 per cent, after climbing to 36 per cent during the Spring session of parliament, believing the worst was over with the introduction of the carbon tax.
The latest Newspoll, in today's Australian newspaper, has the coalition's primary vote on 46 per cent, while on a two-party preferred basis, the Coalition has a clear election-winning lead of 54 per cent to Labor's 46 per cent.
The paper says the AWU slush fund controversy, although fended off by Prime Minister Julia Gillard as smear and sleaze, has taken its toll and if an election was held now, the Gillard government would lose at least 14 seats.
However, Ms Gillard maintains a commanding lead as to who would make the better prime minister, leading Opposition Leader Tony Abbott by 43 per cent (down three points) to 34 per cent (up one point).
Voter satisfaction for Ms Gillard's performance eased one point to 36 per cent with dissatisfaction steady at 52 per cent, while satisfaction for Mr Abbott slipped two points to 28 per cent and dissatisfaction rose two points to 59 per cent. (AAP)
Opposition leader Tony Abbott has played down suggestions the Coalition's resurgence in the opinion polls is due its campaign on the union fraud scandal. It follows several months of survey's which had seen the Gillard Government close the gap.
But Mr Abbott says voters realise that only the Opposition has a plan for Australia's future.
Prime Minister Julia Gillard's leadership is again under threat, with internal and external opinion polls, showing Labor will be annihilated at the next federal election.
Electricity companies are cold calling people, urging them to switch providers. John Stanley looks at the pressure being placed on people to switch, and just what your rights are as a consumer.
This Wednesday and Thursday morning will be the peak time to see the Geminid meteor shower, but you have to be up at 2am. Stuart Bocking with Astronomy writer Dave Reneke on where to look.
treason , why is gillard even sitting in Parliament
where is the justice in thatpeter Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 1:40 AM
Crazy sexist victim, Juliarrr today blurted out that the 2013 election will be decided on Labor 'policy muscle' ...which clearly proves she is completely off her rocker. What on earth is this 'policy muscle' that nutty hyperbol Juliarrr is waffling on about?? Tony Abbott's winning 'policy muscle' is to do the exact opposite to this completely failed Labor government. i.e. stop the illegal country shoppers, stop Labor's ridiculous fraudulent global warming tax etc. etc..get the picture now?Sonny Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 9:12 PM
@joanna posting on 11 December here I fully agree with you. I would love to see a Royal Commission into this utterly failed, incompetent Gillard minority socialist government. Such an inquiry should extend to the Victoria Police with its inordinate, indeed disgraceful delay in its half baked inquiry into the Craig Thompson scandal and also to the NSW police which has also delayed its inquiry in regard to Mr Boofhead Thompson - tongue in cheek. I rest my case.Samuel Kyrikos Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 8:29 PM
I hope and pray the AWU scandal added to the Craig Thompson and the Slippery Slipper scandals will be the downfall of this inveterate liar Gillard. I trust it will happen early in the New Year! This creep of a woman, who should have never ever entered politics in our beloved country Australia shall, in my view, go down in history as the greatest rotten liar and utter incompetent politician in Australian history! Look at her face! So There!Samuel J James Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 7:55 PM
The recent end of the world spoof was absolutely unacceptable coming from any national leader. We are not talking about a ditsy cheerleader with such exceptional looks that the male population momentarily forgets reality and the female population is overcome with contempt. We are talking about the Prime Minister of the nation that currently has more of the most valuable resources than any other nation in the world at a time when the demand for those resources is greater than ever before. During this period of phenomenal demand Dullard has increased Australian debt more than every other previous PM combined. Think about that for a moment. First of all the Mayan celestial predictions have been proven so accurate that even modern science struggles to equal them. This should not be compared to religion or Nostradamus or even Edgar Cayce. It is science. End of the world predictions should always be evaluated lightly. However there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Mayan calendar will continue its 100pc success rate and an event will occur. My bet is an astrological event. It will be significant. But for a PM to go onto an alternative radio station and make such a demeaning recording is completely unacceptable in every aspect. She is quite obviously a dullard a dishonest person and a person desperate for accolade. There is a tried and proven psychological analysis that can explain the actions of Dullard. She is obviously a person of inferior ability and intellect and distinctly disliked who is desperately seeking accolade at any cost. It is a very sad situation for Australia to have such a desperate fool leading the nation at the moment when Australia should be exceeding the achievements of ALL other nations.Julia Dullard Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 6:58 PM
@Joanna could not have said it better, Emerson has more moves than a cornered rat and seems to think we forgot what they have done to this country and its people.Craig Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 5:02 PM