- Homelessness growing with women?
- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- Kit Harrington on making movies
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
AWU scandal damages Labor polls
The AWU scandal has taken a toll on the Gillard Government with a big slip in the polls. Labor's primary vote is down four percent in the latest Newspoll to its lowest level since February this year.
There's been a six-point swing to the Coalition two party preferred, holding an election winning lead of 54 to 46. But ALP frontbencher Craig Emerson says the government is focused on on the job at hand.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Gillard Government has ended the year on a low - with the latest Newspoll revealing they could lose more than a dozen seats at the next Federal election. 2UE's Bron Matherson reports.
Labor's primary vote has fallen to its February level of 32 per cent, after climbing to 36 per cent during the Spring session of parliament, believing the worst was over with the introduction of the carbon tax.
The latest Newspoll, in today's Australian newspaper, has the coalition's primary vote on 46 per cent, while on a two-party preferred basis, the Coalition has a clear election-winning lead of 54 per cent to Labor's 46 per cent.
The paper says the AWU slush fund controversy, although fended off by Prime Minister Julia Gillard as smear and sleaze, has taken its toll and if an election was held now, the Gillard government would lose at least 14 seats.
However, Ms Gillard maintains a commanding lead as to who would make the better prime minister, leading Opposition Leader Tony Abbott by 43 per cent (down three points) to 34 per cent (up one point).
Voter satisfaction for Ms Gillard's performance eased one point to 36 per cent with dissatisfaction steady at 52 per cent, while satisfaction for Mr Abbott slipped two points to 28 per cent and dissatisfaction rose two points to 59 per cent. (AAP)
Opposition leader Tony Abbott has played down suggestions the Coalition's resurgence in the opinion polls is due its campaign on the union fraud scandal. It follows several months of survey's which had seen the Gillard Government close the gap.
But Mr Abbott says voters realise that only the Opposition has a plan for Australia's future.
Prime Minister Julia Gillard's leadership is again under threat, with internal and external opinion polls, showing Labor will be annihilated at the next federal election.
Electricity companies are cold calling people, urging them to switch providers. John Stanley looks at the pressure being placed on people to switch, and just what your rights are as a consumer.
This Wednesday and Thursday morning will be the peak time to see the Geminid meteor shower, but you have to be up at 2am. Stuart Bocking with Astronomy writer Dave Reneke on where to look.
treason , why is gillard even sitting in Parliament
where is the justice in thatpeter Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 1:40 AM
Crazy sexist victim, Juliarrr today blurted out that the 2013 election will be decided on Labor 'policy muscle' ...which clearly proves she is completely off her rocker. What on earth is this 'policy muscle' that nutty hyperbol Juliarrr is waffling on about?? Tony Abbott's winning 'policy muscle' is to do the exact opposite to this completely failed Labor government. i.e. stop the illegal country shoppers, stop Labor's ridiculous fraudulent global warming tax etc. etc..get the picture now?Sonny Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 9:12 PM
@joanna posting on 11 December here I fully agree with you. I would love to see a Royal Commission into this utterly failed, incompetent Gillard minority socialist government. Such an inquiry should extend to the Victoria Police with its inordinate, indeed disgraceful delay in its half baked inquiry into the Craig Thompson scandal and also to the NSW police which has also delayed its inquiry in regard to Mr Boofhead Thompson - tongue in cheek. I rest my case.Samuel Kyrikos Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 8:29 PM
I hope and pray the AWU scandal added to the Craig Thompson and the Slippery Slipper scandals will be the downfall of this inveterate liar Gillard. I trust it will happen early in the New Year! This creep of a woman, who should have never ever entered politics in our beloved country Australia shall, in my view, go down in history as the greatest rotten liar and utter incompetent politician in Australian history! Look at her face! So There!Samuel J James Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 7:55 PM
The recent end of the world spoof was absolutely unacceptable coming from any national leader. We are not talking about a ditsy cheerleader with such exceptional looks that the male population momentarily forgets reality and the female population is overcome with contempt. We are talking about the Prime Minister of the nation that currently has more of the most valuable resources than any other nation in the world at a time when the demand for those resources is greater than ever before. During this period of phenomenal demand Dullard has increased Australian debt more than every other previous PM combined. Think about that for a moment. First of all the Mayan celestial predictions have been proven so accurate that even modern science struggles to equal them. This should not be compared to religion or Nostradamus or even Edgar Cayce. It is science. End of the world predictions should always be evaluated lightly. However there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Mayan calendar will continue its 100pc success rate and an event will occur. My bet is an astrological event. It will be significant. But for a PM to go onto an alternative radio station and make such a demeaning recording is completely unacceptable in every aspect. She is quite obviously a dullard a dishonest person and a person desperate for accolade. There is a tried and proven psychological analysis that can explain the actions of Dullard. She is obviously a person of inferior ability and intellect and distinctly disliked who is desperately seeking accolade at any cost. It is a very sad situation for Australia to have such a desperate fool leading the nation at the moment when Australia should be exceeding the achievements of ALL other nations.Julia Dullard Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 6:58 PM
@Joanna could not have said it better, Emerson has more moves than a cornered rat and seems to think we forgot what they have done to this country and its people.Craig Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 5:02 PM