- Cash transfer company questioned
- Should we ban ISIS flag sales?
- How safe are generic brand meals?
- Anger at ABC Digger massacre claim
- Bill shock on mobile internet data
- Emotional eulogy at funeral
- Clover on council voting reforms
- Marijuana reform step to legalisation?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
- The scourge of Terrorism on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Terrorism is always terrorism. It is never acceptable to commit an act of terrorism. It is never acceptable for ANY party to ... more
- Jonathon L Benson LLB on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque I blame this wishy washy government of nsw. They have the power to outlaw this barbaric flag but are scared of their shadows. more
- Craig on US expanding role in Middle East To get to the crux of this matter, it was US support for the so called rebels in Syria that has led to the creation of this ... more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - absolutely correct. Our out of touch governments should legislate to declare the ownership, carriage, sale, flying ... more
- Cleangirl on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction As welcome as a KKK flag. more
- G, Robertson on Revenue rise in speed cameras Very selective use of words in this conversation. You have to look at where the newer camera locations are to bring this ... more
- molly on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque According to a study, 73% of all Moroccans and Turks in the Netherlands are of the opinion that those who go to Syria to ... more
- Ben on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque That is stupid.First of all it will be impossible to legally do and secondly it will only serve to make the flag more ... more
AWU scandal damages Labor polls
The AWU scandal has taken a toll on the Gillard Government with a big slip in the polls. Labor's primary vote is down four percent in the latest Newspoll to its lowest level since February this year.
There's been a six-point swing to the Coalition two party preferred, holding an election winning lead of 54 to 46. But ALP frontbencher Craig Emerson says the government is focused on on the job at hand.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Gillard Government has ended the year on a low - with the latest Newspoll revealing they could lose more than a dozen seats at the next Federal election. 2UE's Bron Matherson reports.
Labor's primary vote has fallen to its February level of 32 per cent, after climbing to 36 per cent during the Spring session of parliament, believing the worst was over with the introduction of the carbon tax.
The latest Newspoll, in today's Australian newspaper, has the coalition's primary vote on 46 per cent, while on a two-party preferred basis, the Coalition has a clear election-winning lead of 54 per cent to Labor's 46 per cent.
The paper says the AWU slush fund controversy, although fended off by Prime Minister Julia Gillard as smear and sleaze, has taken its toll and if an election was held now, the Gillard government would lose at least 14 seats.
However, Ms Gillard maintains a commanding lead as to who would make the better prime minister, leading Opposition Leader Tony Abbott by 43 per cent (down three points) to 34 per cent (up one point).
Voter satisfaction for Ms Gillard's performance eased one point to 36 per cent with dissatisfaction steady at 52 per cent, while satisfaction for Mr Abbott slipped two points to 28 per cent and dissatisfaction rose two points to 59 per cent. (AAP)
Opposition leader Tony Abbott has played down suggestions the Coalition's resurgence in the opinion polls is due its campaign on the union fraud scandal. It follows several months of survey's which had seen the Gillard Government close the gap.
But Mr Abbott says voters realise that only the Opposition has a plan for Australia's future.
Prime Minister Julia Gillard's leadership is again under threat, with internal and external opinion polls, showing Labor will be annihilated at the next federal election.
Electricity companies are cold calling people, urging them to switch providers. John Stanley looks at the pressure being placed on people to switch, and just what your rights are as a consumer.
This Wednesday and Thursday morning will be the peak time to see the Geminid meteor shower, but you have to be up at 2am. Stuart Bocking with Astronomy writer Dave Reneke on where to look.
treason , why is gillard even sitting in Parliament
where is the justice in thatpeter Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 1:40 AM
Crazy sexist victim, Juliarrr today blurted out that the 2013 election will be decided on Labor 'policy muscle' ...which clearly proves she is completely off her rocker. What on earth is this 'policy muscle' that nutty hyperbol Juliarrr is waffling on about?? Tony Abbott's winning 'policy muscle' is to do the exact opposite to this completely failed Labor government. i.e. stop the illegal country shoppers, stop Labor's ridiculous fraudulent global warming tax etc. etc..get the picture now?Sonny Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 9:12 PM
@joanna posting on 11 December here I fully agree with you. I would love to see a Royal Commission into this utterly failed, incompetent Gillard minority socialist government. Such an inquiry should extend to the Victoria Police with its inordinate, indeed disgraceful delay in its half baked inquiry into the Craig Thompson scandal and also to the NSW police which has also delayed its inquiry in regard to Mr Boofhead Thompson - tongue in cheek. I rest my case.Samuel Kyrikos Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 8:29 PM
I hope and pray the AWU scandal added to the Craig Thompson and the Slippery Slipper scandals will be the downfall of this inveterate liar Gillard. I trust it will happen early in the New Year! This creep of a woman, who should have never ever entered politics in our beloved country Australia shall, in my view, go down in history as the greatest rotten liar and utter incompetent politician in Australian history! Look at her face! So There!Samuel J James Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 7:55 PM
The recent end of the world spoof was absolutely unacceptable coming from any national leader. We are not talking about a ditsy cheerleader with such exceptional looks that the male population momentarily forgets reality and the female population is overcome with contempt. We are talking about the Prime Minister of the nation that currently has more of the most valuable resources than any other nation in the world at a time when the demand for those resources is greater than ever before. During this period of phenomenal demand Dullard has increased Australian debt more than every other previous PM combined. Think about that for a moment. First of all the Mayan celestial predictions have been proven so accurate that even modern science struggles to equal them. This should not be compared to religion or Nostradamus or even Edgar Cayce. It is science. End of the world predictions should always be evaluated lightly. However there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Mayan calendar will continue its 100pc success rate and an event will occur. My bet is an astrological event. It will be significant. But for a PM to go onto an alternative radio station and make such a demeaning recording is completely unacceptable in every aspect. She is quite obviously a dullard a dishonest person and a person desperate for accolade. There is a tried and proven psychological analysis that can explain the actions of Dullard. She is obviously a person of inferior ability and intellect and distinctly disliked who is desperately seeking accolade at any cost. It is a very sad situation for Australia to have such a desperate fool leading the nation at the moment when Australia should be exceeding the achievements of ALL other nations.Julia Dullard Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 6:58 PM
@Joanna could not have said it better, Emerson has more moves than a cornered rat and seems to think we forgot what they have done to this country and its people.Craig Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 5:02 PM