- Baird shows huge political courage
- Still cook to Nana's recipes?
- Guy Sebastian is back with Madness
- Halal certification funding terrorists?
- Too much lack of respect these days?
- Eddie Obeid set to face court
- Would you prefer to vote online
- Can you ever trust a politician?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
- Greg O on Obama urges Australia to "step up" I am out in my backyard at the moment and am all set to save the environment. I have a Jim's Mowing hat, Steve Irwin shirt ... more
- Samuel J on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Just more nonsense from Obama who is tarred with the same brush as our two failures, Rudd and Gillard. Money, taxes etc will ... more
- Rod on Turn back the (Russian) boats RE: Why doesn't America send four warships of theirs and place them next to Russia's?I think the answer to this (possibly ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" @President Obama - what a bloody nonsense you are on about here with this climate change rot. You have evidently been imbued ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Obama urges Australia to "step up" China is having big problems with Muslims, can they send 500,000 troops? more
- Vic Whiteley on Fun police end Mexican themed party What is the definition of racist?Last time I checked, the majority of Mexicans are of Spanish heritage....which means ... more
- Jester4212 on Bike smart hat answer to registration Is this the answer to more accountable cyclists? No. This will make it more dangerous for cyclists. You can guarantee ... more
- Peter on Bike smart hat answer to registration Regardless of initial 'feeling's' towards this helmet, the shape, attachment of any external 'plate' and external ... more
- Craig on Turn back the (Russian) boats @Maurice, Why?In case you have been blinded by some loyalty to America have you not noticed how many wars they start? And ... more
- Clayton on Bike smart hat answer to registration Falling off wearing that helmet would almost certainly break your neck! It would pass no standards Australia test ever! What ... more
Backbreaking work for women
Tim Shaw speaks with Australian journalist & doco filmmaker Elouise Hahn on New Day Australia about the many women and children performing back breaking labour in brickfields across India.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
@Jackie. Your parents were immigrants? So, does this mean you dont like people speaking out against multiculturalism? Well thats tough. This is supposed to be a democratic country so i'll say what needs to be said. Multiculturalism must be abolished along with all non-white immigration. This is our country and we never asked for multiculturalism, we never voted for it and there was no referendum on it. So to hell with it, and its supporters.Robert Thursday 24 May, 2012 - 9:03 AM
What a tragic story. We need more journalists of the calibre of M/s Han. What courage and determination this young woman has. We need more people like her to make the world change for the better.Dennis Sullivan Wednesday 23 May, 2012 - 3:18 PM
This documentary highlights the injustices and atrocities that happen in every corner of the world, outside the easy street that we experience here in Australia. I say well done Ms Hahn on the exposing these undertakings that can be, and are easily swept under the carpet. Letâ??s hope through this awareness is raised and something for our lest fortunate fellow humans can be done!Compassionate Wednesday 23 May, 2012 - 1:31 PM
What an inspirational young woman. I certainly wouldn't have had the courage to travel to a place like India in my 20s but hearing about toddlers being forced to put in harder hours than most grown men in Sydney, breaks my heart. Robert, my parents were migrants and I dismiss your comments. There's a whole wide world out there that we need to know about. And by the way, it's 'especially'. Hope the doco makes it to the television soon.Jackie - Manly Wednesday 23 May, 2012 - 1:27 PM
Women and children performing back breaking labour in brickfields across India! Heeelllloooooo, this isnt our problem. We have people here in our own country that need to be talked about. Why doesnt this white woman make a doco on the negative impact of multiculturalism upon the White Australian people who built this country?? Aspecially OUR children.Robert Wednesday 23 May, 2012 - 12:16 PM
So do we want equal opportunity or not ??
Surely you don`t think it`s a mans job ??Johannes Wednesday 23 May, 2012 - 10:11 AM