- Drivers not tested for cocaine use?
- Want to sing at the Opera House?
- Close encounters on planet Mars
- Who deserved their shonky award
- Clubs to expand into childcare?
- Not enough jobs for uni grads?
- Who's been snooping in your bin?
- Demerits for illegal disabled parkers
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- THE WEATHER on Perfect storm strikes across Sydney Well its soaking wet and freezing cold, could it be man 'made global warming' in disguise? Without the big dry and the ... more
- Cleangirl on Apologise to a culture of complaint Apologise because someone may choose to take offence ? more
- Join the Q Society on Apologise to a culture of complaint Non offensive T Shirt should have the same wording but with the Islamic State Flag! more
- Patriot on Apologise to a culture of complaint Slick and pretentious Woolworths obviously lack charisma and they lack credibility too. Woolworths will lose even more ... more
- Tanya on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets What a lot of utter BS, When the Greens don't like something you know its OK. When has the truth become "Totally ... more
- WHAT POLICE? on Sydney violence a generation thing? Excuses, excuses! Amazingly even with record police numbers, it is a struggle to find our invisible police force i.e. huge ... more
- Troy on Hillsong, more than just a church So tired of hearing from this woman anytime Hillsong is mentioned. She hasn't been there in well over a decade. She couldn't ... more
- Mr Creepy on Are 'fun police' banning everything? We have all seen it. A poodle mounts the leg of a bigger dog. The expression on the poodles face is a little amusing, a ... more
- Voluptuous Hypothesis on Sydney to bathe in blood moon? Just in time to watch the moon die. Blood moon exsanguinated. Eclipse reached totality. Here, north of Dallas, the moon ... more
- Cleangirl on Labor Party 'Headed for the rocks' Labor has to stop the Left-wing senseless rhetoric, and start looking out for the workers, their families and get some ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane It was reported that Islamic State agents are travelling in fours with false passports, posing as refugees to enter Europe! ... more
- Craig on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane Kobane will fall as Turkey will not allow the Kurdish fighters there to receive heavy weapons to repel the invaders.They ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane I thought that islam was a peaceful religion? more
- Steve on Fire danger ignored for burn off? I live in St. Ives and witnessed the extra firetrucks racing along Mona Vale road (under lights and sirens)to assist. ... more
- Rob on Fire danger ignored for burn off? This is so typical of the NSWRFS staff. Happy to get in front of the camera on an "out of control bushfire" but have no clue ... more
- Greg on A Fair Go For Seniors Forum With $40B as the estimated cost to pay all volunteer work across Australia each year, has anyone considered the impact of ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Call for calm in Islamic debate Realistically compare "islamic extremism" to so called "christian extremism"...got the picture yet. more
- Cate B. on Banning the burqa an overreaction? Come out to busy Merrylands Stockland Mall and see if you still want the burqa? more
- Annette 72 years of age on Banning the burqa an overreaction? i dont see what the Muslim community dosent understand we just want to see their faces .thats it . it terrifies me to walk ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Banning the burqa an overreaction? What about the BURQA-CLAD mother of seven who claimed she was the victim of mistaken identity, jailed for six months for ... more
Backbreaking work for women
Tim Shaw speaks with Australian journalist & doco filmmaker Elouise Hahn on New Day Australia about the many women and children performing back breaking labour in brickfields across India.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
@Jackie. Your parents were immigrants? So, does this mean you dont like people speaking out against multiculturalism? Well thats tough. This is supposed to be a democratic country so i'll say what needs to be said. Multiculturalism must be abolished along with all non-white immigration. This is our country and we never asked for multiculturalism, we never voted for it and there was no referendum on it. So to hell with it, and its supporters.Robert Thursday 24 May, 2012 - 9:03 AM
What a tragic story. We need more journalists of the calibre of M/s Han. What courage and determination this young woman has. We need more people like her to make the world change for the better.Dennis Sullivan Wednesday 23 May, 2012 - 3:18 PM
This documentary highlights the injustices and atrocities that happen in every corner of the world, outside the easy street that we experience here in Australia. I say well done Ms Hahn on the exposing these undertakings that can be, and are easily swept under the carpet. Letâ??s hope through this awareness is raised and something for our lest fortunate fellow humans can be done!Compassionate Wednesday 23 May, 2012 - 1:31 PM
What an inspirational young woman. I certainly wouldn't have had the courage to travel to a place like India in my 20s but hearing about toddlers being forced to put in harder hours than most grown men in Sydney, breaks my heart. Robert, my parents were migrants and I dismiss your comments. There's a whole wide world out there that we need to know about. And by the way, it's 'especially'. Hope the doco makes it to the television soon.Jackie - Manly Wednesday 23 May, 2012 - 1:27 PM
Women and children performing back breaking labour in brickfields across India! Heeelllloooooo, this isnt our problem. We have people here in our own country that need to be talked about. Why doesnt this white woman make a doco on the negative impact of multiculturalism upon the White Australian people who built this country?? Aspecially OUR children.Robert Wednesday 23 May, 2012 - 12:16 PM
So do we want equal opportunity or not ??
Surely you don`t think it`s a mans job ??Johannes Wednesday 23 May, 2012 - 10:11 AM