- Whisper: Malvern stars for fireys?
- Working until age 70 unrealistic?
- Medical cannabis trials for NSW
- End credits for At The Movies
- Judging a magazine by its cover?
- Time to consider our independence?
- Sydney's new rapid transit trains
- Art Gallery of NSW sacks volunteers
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
- The scourge of Terrorism on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Terrorism is always terrorism. It is never acceptable to commit an act of terrorism. It is never acceptable for ANY party to ... more
- Jonathon L Benson LLB on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque I blame this wishy washy government of nsw. They have the power to outlaw this barbaric flag but are scared of their shadows. more
- Craig on US expanding role in Middle East To get to the crux of this matter, it was US support for the so called rebels in Syria that has led to the creation of this ... more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - absolutely correct. Our out of touch governments should legislate to declare the ownership, carriage, sale, flying ... more
- Cleangirl on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction As welcome as a KKK flag. more
- G, Robertson on Revenue rise in speed cameras Very selective use of words in this conversation. You have to look at where the newer camera locations are to bring this ... more
- molly on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque According to a study, 73% of all Moroccans and Turks in the Netherlands are of the opinion that those who go to Syria to ... more
- Ben on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque That is stupid.First of all it will be impossible to legally do and secondly it will only serve to make the flag more ... more
Bernadette's Songs for Nobodies
Bernadette Robinson is bringing her amazing array of voices back with a new season of her hit show Songs for Nobodies where she plays such legendary performers as Judy Garland, Edith Piaf and Patsy Cline.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Songs For Nobodies starring Bernadette Robinson, has received astonishing reviews from critics in both Sydney and Melbourne since it premiered in 2010 and a fanbase, which includes some of the most high profile Australians in the global arts fraternity including Geoffrey Rush, Barry Humphries, Fred Schepisi, Max Gillies, Jane Turner and Rhonda Burchmore.
Commissioned by the Melbourne Theatre Company’s Artistic director, Simon Phillips (Priscilla, Love Never Dies) as a star vehicle for the extraordinary actress and singer, Bernadette Robinson, this wonderful new play by Australia’s renowned playwright Joanna Murray–Smith, had its World Premiere in Melbourne in 2010 and quickly sold out its seven-week run, with similar success in Sydney in the same year.
In Songs For Nobodies, Judy Garland, Patsy Cline, Edith Piaf, Billie Holiday and Maria Callas touch the lives of five ordinary women and their stories magically combine in a most moving and uplifting theatrical event. Robinson seamlessly transforms, with phenomenal control of tone and accent, to bring to life each nobody and each legendary singer. Her voice shifts from the smoky blues of Billie Holiday to the thrilling soprano of Maria Callas, via Garland, Cline and Piaf, with consummate ease.
Director, Simon Philips said, “When the show opened in Melbourne people were, much to my delight, simply transfixed by it. Many had never heard of Bernadette Robinson, they felt like she was an unknown figure and they’d uncovered a genius. She always got a standing ovation at the end of every show and people were both amazed and exhilarated by what they saw.”
Everyone knows who Bernadette Robinson is now - her incredible performance will uplift you and stay with you long after you leave the theatre. Following the Melbourns shows, the show will tour to Sydney and Adelaide for limited seasons
‘Beyond virtuosity to the sublime.’
Songs For Nobodies is beautifully written, astutely directed and triumphantly performed. The Sydney Morning Herald
“The audience is on its feet with a standing ovation.”
The Age, Melbourne, Australia
Time Out Sydney
“Robinson and her multiple personalities will simply dazzle”
"Bernadette's is a beautiful performance - that rare collision between actress and material that provides an astonishing showcase for her exquisite artistry ...with charm and fragility, melancholy, sassiness and beguiling warmth - and that divinechameleon voice. This show has high-octane fuel. I imagine that it would light a fuse in Manhattan!"
“Bernadette is a major talent and a spellbinder and Joanna Murray-Smith has woven an imaginative play - at times touching and hilarious around her extraordinarytalent. ”