- Danes to celebrate Opera House 40th
- Sydney bus stop basher on parole
- Melissa Doyle to leave Sunrise
- Chaos: Latham on a return to Rudd
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- Street names that bring a giggle
- 2nd Sydney airport Badgery's Creek?
- Young boys boxing, at 11?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- CARMEN on Let down by the justice system? Yusuf...PLEASE STOP ACTING LIKE AN IDIOT....Sharia Law ONLY BELONGS TO THE MUSLIMS AND HAS NO PLACE WHATSOEVER IN ... more
- CARMEN on Chaos: Latham on a return to Rudd In this instance, I wholeheartedly AGREE WITH MARK LATHAM...After all that was said by his fellow colleagues at the time of ... more
- Kimber on Benefit cards for dole recipients? Yes, absolutely, definitely, no question, if these people are willing to rely on the taxpayer funding their existence then ... more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on Young boys boxing, at 11? Obviously looking for trouble, copping direct hard hits to the head is clearly not healthy and very dangerous. There would ... more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on Benefit cards for dole recipients? This is absolutely essential, it is plainly common sense! Why has it not already been done?? What have all the movers & ... more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on James Gandolfini dead at 51 Only 51, that is a bit sobering! I wonder whether it was all worth it? Death comes like a thief in the night! There is ... more
- Peter on Benefit cards for dole recipients? Looking at the dregs of humanity that were against any type of card on ACA last night gives more credence to it being ... more
- yusuf on Let down by the justice system? Surprise surprise, Carmen is opting for Shariah law.Sorry Carmen you cant have it both ways.It is really sad how our so ... more
- Peter on 2nd Sydney airport Badgery's Creek? Get over it, we have a very good airport that is under utilised and all that stopping it being used to its fullest potential ... more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on Street names that bring a giggle Paul, sadly under the racist phobic, Labor government! We have become a very stupid, divided nation! No longer a smart ... more
- Elizabeth Passaro on Let down by the justice system? Bring back the death sentance. For all rapists, serial murderers & child sex affenders. I've always said. The law is only ... more
- CARMEN on Why are Catholic schools booming? Terence....More spew is pouring out of your mouth....You hopeless "NINCOMPOOPS"...A MAN WHO HOLDS ZERO PRINCIPLES...Perhaps ... more
- CARMEN on Benefit cards for dole recipients? ABSOLUTELY A BIG YES.....Dole recipients should only be getting the taxpayer funded monies FOR A SHORT TIME.....Every effort ... more
- CARMEN on Let down by the justice system? Capital punishment should be re-introduced.....NOBODY SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO TAKE ANOTHER HUMAN BEING'S LIFE AWAY UNDER ... more
- Zoran Grujic on Police set higher fine quotas? When will premier start to fix our hospitals what he promised before election more
- Angela Coombes on Police set higher fine quotas? @Jeff posting here I fully agree. O'Farrell and Co are a big deceitful let down of those of us who voted for Liberals. He is ... more
- Samuel J Kyrikos on Police set higher fine quotas? I agree abortionTruth. What is needed is more unmarked police cars to reign in those dangerous mugs tear arsing around in ... more
- The Real Problem on Police set higher fine quotas? There is nearly always a solution to every problem. Provided we dont allow the problem to grow to the point where it ... more
- James W on Let down by the justice system? Jill, her family and friends were let down by the Justice System well before sentencing. The lesson here is to look out for ... more
- Terrence on Time to lift drinking age to 21? The right-wing loonies consider prohibition, intolerance of crime, and harsh punishments as behaviour associated with ... more
Boat people aren't genuine refugees
David Oldfield talks to Thisara Samarasinghe, Sri Lankan high commissioner to Australia. The former navy chief tells why turning boats back works, and why many boatpeople are just opportunists.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Imagine this...A large radio controlled catamaran with ballast tanks lurks in our northern waters. A stricken boat calls in an sos. A boat full of refugees. Not one country shopper is to be found on board. The catamaran moves into position under the sink-prone junk of a boat at five fathoms, blows the ballast tanks and rises under the hull, lifting it clear of the water on a steel grid spanning the distance between the two high powered pontoons.
Now the poor intrepid sailors are safe and sound, four metres above the waves.
We as a nation have extended our hand and saved a hundred souls.
Going the extra mile to ensure their safety, the big cat bursts into action, with it's precious cargo of travellers freed from the risk of sinkage, the huge twin turbo diesel engines roar into overdrive. The unlikely craft rises to the plane and powers through a wide arc, settling on a course due north. In a few scant hours the remotely controlled rescue craft heaves too outside a certain neighboring nations harbour, sinks silently into the depths and slides unseen back out to sea, it's mission in saving so many innocent sea farers lives done and dusted. The grateful travellers wave a cheery goodbye and head for land.Danny Dix Friday 20 July, 2012 - 9:36 PM
I hope Juliar's convenient 'committee' notes this?? The Sri Lankan government are now requesting that we send those "opportunist" migrants back and they will guarantee their safety, that they are all needed in Sri Lanka. Ditto all the country shoppers from Pakistan/Afghanistan who deliberately throw away their passports and mobile phones off their leaky $15K boats to fool and trick us-send them all back Angus Houston!!Julia F. Thursday 19 July, 2012 - 6:35 PM
Country shoppers. How did they cross so many borders to get to the boat....and who paid for the outrageously priced tickets? Refugees?...country shoppers. Tow them back and take the boat crew into custody. Ten years seems a nice round figure for accomodation at her majesty's displeasure.Danny Dix Thursday 19 July, 2012 - 12:24 PM
I've said this many times, but I'll say it once more: Temporary Protection Visas and Nauru.David T. Thursday 19 July, 2012 - 11:31 AM
The people that are in genuine need of help are still caught in refugee camps. These people are purely economic asylum seekers and Que. jumpers. They should no longer be categorized as asylum seekers after flying into Indonesia on an A380 & disposing their passports. Send them back!Ray Thursday 19 July, 2012 - 9:09 AM
Now this is something the "Refugee Advocates and Industry" will cry foul of!
The Refugee chasing legal fraternity will fight this potenial loss to their livelihood. Common sense and making a quick buck, never the twain will meet.Peter Thursday 19 July, 2012 - 8:57 AM