- Have you lost faith in politicians?
- Royal family’s affection for Australia?
- Ralf Fiennes with John & Garry
- No alternative but for Barry to resign?
- Keneally on O’Farrell resignation
- Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier
- Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed?
- Would you like us to be a republic?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Sam on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Affection for Australia? How nice! But I hope they don't have that very same affection that they were supposed to have for ... more
- Hank on No alternative but for Barry to resign? @Ardent Tony is laying it on a little thick? What else has iffy Barry been up to? Funny how Barry suddenly backflipped on ... more
- Tony on No alternative but for Barry to resign? It takes a man with principles to do what so many others on the opposing side of politics would fight tooth and nail to ... more
- Diana Warren on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I heard the interview with John & Gary this morning & was convinced Barry O'Farrel was being honest in his comments. Now ... more
- Les on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation Hardly surprising coming from iffy Barry. It is good to see the ICAC act without fear or favour. more
- Jaydee on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation Sadly politics appears to often attract the wrong kind of people. more
- Angela Coombes on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I trust he doesn't make a bigger mistake and put Gladys Berjiklian in as premier. She has already stuffed up the train ... more
- Tangled Web on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier Just one thing on this "Thankyou Note".This wine was sent to O'Farrell in 2011. That is three years ago. I wonder who it was ... more
- Samuel J on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation What would 'Bambi' know - she headed the monumentally disgraced NSW labor party 'government' which went down the shoot with ... more
- PAULO on Would you like us to be a republic? Unelected,expensive,classist,non transparent !!Australia is independent -helloBd enough being British and having her as head ... more
- PAULO on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I think If I had got an expensive bottle of wine like that i would NEVER forget it!Barry insults our intelligence. more
- kyle on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier Tell you what,that dung head does not remember a 3 Grand Grange and he still wants to be a Premier of NSW.Good riddance. We ... more
- Steve on Would you like us to be a republic? People should keep in mind, that in a once proud and mighty, now bankrupt England, the most popular boy's name is Mohammad. ... more
- Michael on Would you like us to be a republic? I was always against a Republic, but after watching the devious way that hypocrites Tony Abbott and his "heavy lifting" mate ... more
- Kimber on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier Very disappointed in the Prime Minister, just watched him say in a press conference that Barry O'Farrell did the honourable ... more
- Angela Coombes on Would you like us to be a republic? We should retain the monarchy - it has worked well for the system of government in Australia. The only downside is the ... more
- Coasty on What happened to $3,000 Grange? If the bottle of Grange was delivered by a 'courier', then where's the signature? I've been a warehouse and logistics ... more
- Suzanne on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith When those two considerate statesmen, Prime Minister 'honest' John Howard and Treasurer Peter Costello were diligently ... more
- Todd on Russian jet buzzes US warship Theatrical President Barack Hussein Obama and President Vladimir Putin are obviously chalk and cheese. Respected, Putin is a ... more
- John Wan on Badgery's Creek for 2nd Airport Why don't we expand Kingsford Smith Airport by using reclaim land.Kansai international airport is built entirely on reclaim ... more
Buy Australian: Labeling changes now
We want to buy Australian, we would if we could, but the labeling laws allow too many convoluted ways to claim Australian, but they are imported. Jason Morrison on truth in labeling and changes needed immediately.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
This is all approved by Politicians. Good for the country aren't they!Evil triumphs when good men say nothing! Friday 24 February, 2012 - 7:06 PM
Like thats going to happen!
Importers and the supermarkets will fight tooth and nail to stop any packaging laws being changed. Once the consumer knows what cheap foreign crap is being imported and served up to them as Australian produce all hell would break loose.Peter Friday 24 February, 2012 - 4:20 PM
This is blatant, widespread fraud and deception. There are people in gaol for much less. Surely there is a breach of the Crimes Act! But evidently the Canberra movers and shakers could not care less about Australia! Labor-Tony Bourke; I am sick to death of these bloody rotten, inferior chinese apples and the now poor quality Golden Circle pineapple juice etc that used to be so damned good. Heartbreaking!Heinz Friday 24 February, 2012 - 11:34 AM
well written JM & Janice, I purchase products only made in Australia from Dick Smith groceries and Only Oz products, both deliver to the door, maybe a little extra cost but buy in bulk and enjoy the healthier produce choice of Aussie produce from Aussie farmers who are legislated way more than foreign lands who sell us s---t to eat, while they laugh at us all the way to their foreign banks. Changeover it makes a world of difference to yourself and your family to sell the best produce Australia can make - Support Australia !Ches Thursday 23 February, 2012 - 7:13 PM
Welcome to the wonders of globalisation. It was Howard who was ramming globalisation down our throats in the 90s. In a very similar way that Bob Hawke was ramming multiculturalism down our throats in the 80s. Lets face it people, there is no democracy.Robert Thursday 23 February, 2012 - 5:53 PM
i am always looking at labels in supermarkets trying to find something Australian. The majority of labels say's Made in Australia from impurted ingrediants.
If you look at all the own brand labels they are usually made in Thialand or China.
I have stopped buying Colgate toothpast as its made in China. I use to buy Callipo ice blocks again made in China.
i wish more people would do the same and start reading the labels and looking for Australian owned made from Australian ingrediants. They are out there.
JaniceJanice Hales Thursday 23 February, 2012 - 12:47 PM