- Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it?
- Hike to help our Harbour
- What fairness for the average joe?
- Koala saved using CPR
- Your cash just a fingertip scan away?
- Mitchell on Shorten rape allegations
- Bill Shorten reveals rape allegations
- Justin Smith's Ice Bucket Challenge
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on Crisis over Palmer China comments Both Palmer and his side-kick Jaquie Lambie are utterly rank incompetent damned fools and totally unfit to be in our ... more
- PRINCE JOE HOKEY on Clive Palmer drops another clanger All honest people would have to agree with Clive Palmer's rather frank, but blunt opinion and know where Clive is coming ... more
- Anthony on Clive Palmer drops another clanger Way to go Clive. I moved to Australia 8 years ago and was shocked to see Australia owns nothing! You've sold your country to ... more
- molly on Clive Palmer drops another clanger watch out Clive the anti-free speech people will get you. If china want Australia they will have to fight Islam for it. ... more
- Ben on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Why does this even make the news?Get over it. I have been rejected for age, looks, prejudice and who knows what other ... more
- Angela Coombes on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? The coffee shop owner has a right to hire an employee whom he or she feels will fit in with the business. It is no different ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? I don't think the clown Baird realises he has a State election on in about March 2015. Is he running his candidates for ... more
- Angela Coombes on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping How utterly foolhardy of this Baird joker not nominating candidates. He could have come up with two outstanding liberal ... more
- SLOPPY JOE-CANBERRA on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping What a shocking state of affairs with so many bad, self-serving politicians about...allegedly there to manage the nation? ... more
- Cleangirl on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? and how many government departments seem to be made up predominantly with a single foreign race ? more
- paulo on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? This cafe owner will be shamed into learning a lesson that racism is not accepted here! more
- Bruce on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Leave the coffee shop owner alone its hard enough making a living in the hospitality industry without have to deal with a ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? It is gutless on the part of the liberal party. Why not field new candidates and market their integrity - assuming they have ... more
- barry on Hockey backlash on poor comments Well we now see the true colours of adopted name JOE HOCKEY,has no idea of the working class struggles,indicated by his ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? Maybe we should put more bible bashers in Parliament to help root out the corrupt thugs in all the failed political parties ... more
- Samuel J on Spike in ice use across Sydney Just how do the ingredients for these drugs get out to this poor stupid forlorn drug affected knuckleheads! I am inclined to ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Hockey backlash on poor comments Like the fool Wayne Swan, this Hockey joker is well past his 'Use-By" date indeed! I suggest put someone in his job who ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? All it will mean is more hung parliaments full of even more shonks, dunces, fools and clowns collectively bleeding us ... more
- Craig on Hockey backlash on poor comments These jokers born with silver spoons in their mouth, multi millionaires have NO idea.Poor people do drive most of us live ... more
- Cleangirl on Help, can you solve our traffic woes? Get pack cyclists off main roads during peak times. Surely they can do their hobby ride another time of day. and ask 4WD`s ... more
Buy Australian: Labeling changes now
We want to buy Australian, we would if we could, but the labeling laws allow too many convoluted ways to claim Australian, but they are imported. Jason Morrison on truth in labeling and changes needed immediately.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
This is all approved by Politicians. Good for the country aren't they!Evil triumphs when good men say nothing! Friday 24 February, 2012 - 7:06 PM
Like thats going to happen!
Importers and the supermarkets will fight tooth and nail to stop any packaging laws being changed. Once the consumer knows what cheap foreign crap is being imported and served up to them as Australian produce all hell would break loose.Peter Friday 24 February, 2012 - 4:20 PM
This is blatant, widespread fraud and deception. There are people in gaol for much less. Surely there is a breach of the Crimes Act! But evidently the Canberra movers and shakers could not care less about Australia! Labor-Tony Bourke; I am sick to death of these bloody rotten, inferior chinese apples and the now poor quality Golden Circle pineapple juice etc that used to be so damned good. Heartbreaking!Heinz Friday 24 February, 2012 - 11:34 AM
well written JM & Janice, I purchase products only made in Australia from Dick Smith groceries and Only Oz products, both deliver to the door, maybe a little extra cost but buy in bulk and enjoy the healthier produce choice of Aussie produce from Aussie farmers who are legislated way more than foreign lands who sell us s---t to eat, while they laugh at us all the way to their foreign banks. Changeover it makes a world of difference to yourself and your family to sell the best produce Australia can make - Support Australia !Ches Thursday 23 February, 2012 - 7:13 PM
Welcome to the wonders of globalisation. It was Howard who was ramming globalisation down our throats in the 90s. In a very similar way that Bob Hawke was ramming multiculturalism down our throats in the 80s. Lets face it people, there is no democracy.Robert Thursday 23 February, 2012 - 5:53 PM
i am always looking at labels in supermarkets trying to find something Australian. The majority of labels say's Made in Australia from impurted ingrediants.
If you look at all the own brand labels they are usually made in Thialand or China.
I have stopped buying Colgate toothpast as its made in China. I use to buy Callipo ice blocks again made in China.
i wish more people would do the same and start reading the labels and looking for Australian owned made from Australian ingrediants. They are out there.
JaniceJanice Hales Thursday 23 February, 2012 - 12:47 PM