- Qantas: should Alan Joyce resign?
- Our planet: are things getting better?
- Volunteers deserve our thanks!
- What do you love about Sydney?
- Weird things found in rental places?
- Facebook will be dead in 5 years?
- Secret recordings: are they legal?
- BOF: corruption threat to re-election?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ahmed on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? Most bikie gangs are made up of anglo saxons, yet we dont say European Bikie gangs.Not sure if this geographical ... more
- ahmed on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? No doubt there is a link.However dont use that as an excuse to demonize lebanese Aussies like some people do ... more
- Jester4212 on Lingerie football: is it sexist? Saying that it's sexist is like saying that bikinis are sexist. What a load of rubbish!Think of it as a group of women ... more
- Stephen Jago on Lingerie football: is it sexist? No it is not sexist. They do play hard and my 16 year old son loves watching it lol. :-) more
- Keith A Tudor on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? I trust Mr Abbott will set up a high powered public inquiry with a view to abolishing the hopeless CSIRO and creation of a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? What no mention of the Middle Eastern Crime Squad? more
- Jonathon L Benson on ICAC: Chris Hartcher quits energy This, in my professional view, is the beginning of the end of the utterly hopeless O'Farrell government in NSW. Just ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? @Lis posting here - you are absolutely correct. I clearly recall a joker in the 1990's who was knocked back for entry into ... more
- Samuel J on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? @Craig - absolutely correct. The abject, disgraceful rotten mess that Gillard and Rudd the Dudd left the new Coalition ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? This reported outcome says a lot in regard to policies and practice pertaining to teacher selection, education, training and ... more
- James W on Aussie students are falling behind? A child's most important teacher/s are it's parents. more
- Jester4212 on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? @Bikinis. Riding against the traffic is without a doubt the worst idea and will definitely contribute to more fatalities. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? Another fine mess Australian kids are in! more
- Liz on Aussie students are falling behind? Our sub-standard teaching workforce is damaging the future of this country. A large number of teachers are inarticulate, ... more
- Amy on Aussie students are falling behind? If the teacher can not use a red pen to mark their work because it is too confrontational and they can never be FAILED and ... more
- Peter on Aussie students are falling behind? Doesn't matter how much money you throw at the education system! The student will only be as good as the teacher,teaching ... more
- Jester4212 on Handbook for men on women? This book sounds disgustingly stereotypical for both sexes. I really don't think this lady has a clue. more
- peter on Paul Hogan our Aussie Icon thanks to this natural person I started to find out my rights as an Australian more
- Craig on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? Labor projected this "they" never budgeted this it was in forward estimates and they could not see what was happening next ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? During daylight hours cyclists should ride towards the oncoming traffic to see what is coming at them, they aren't even ... more
Call for Japan apology on war crimes
Stuart Bocking speaks with War Historian Paul Ham on the Sandakan Death Marches of WWII. The story of the 3-year ordeal of the Sandakan prisoners of war, a barely known episode of unimaginable horror.
He has used a full page ad in today's Australian Newspaper to accuse the Japanese government of failing to account for their Borneo war crimes over 60 years ago.
Find out more about the book by clicking our link to Random House
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
With only two adult hospital beds allocated for patients with eating disorders, people are being told to lose more weight before they can be admitted. Stuart Bocking says it is not good enough and calls for change.
Coral cover in the Great Barrier Reef has been reduced to half of what it was in the 1980s. Stuart Bocking looks at the total coral cover in the region dropped from 28% back in 1985 to 13.8% in 2012.
Is it full moon? Because the looney's are out and posting their warped ideas at this time. The only sensible person posting here is Luigi! The nonsense these left of left wingers extol here is, in my professional view, the clear product of a poor, confused up-bringing. Poor souls indeed.Justin J Thursday 4 October, 2012 - 3:35 PM
Appology from Japan, why not from others including our allies who are busy bombing civilians.
The brutal british empire that violates all human rights where it ruled? get an appology from them
The Christian crusades where they butchered everyone - lets get them to applogise and Israel that has destroyed the future of Palestine forever- who will get them to appologise and 5 milion Muslims butchered by Serb christians under the eye of UN - who will get an appology from them.
Its sad even in crimes and murder we have racism - Pathetic makes me sick.
Lugi - the value of a human life is incredible whether Japanese or American or Australian or Arabs. All kinds of violence and killing require condemnation.James Kahn Thursday 4 October, 2012 - 10:40 AM
@Luigi T Cassimatis (thankfully without the degrees now), you ignorant bigot! Are you saying it is okay to bomb civilians with weapons of mass destruction based on a suspicion that they will attack you?
Don't talk about studying Cassimatis, because you provide us enough evidence of your lack of it. Your pronouncements are full of ignorance and bigotry. Get a life!Terrence Thursday 4 October, 2012 - 10:05 AM
@Terrence you fool. Had not America bombed the Japanese cities during WW2, Australia, would have been over-run by the japanese military and most of this country's population would have been wiped out. Study the history before you open your big mouth son! People are sick of your trolling on this and other websites. Get a life for God's sake!Luigi T Cassimatis Thursday 4 October, 2012 - 6:47 AM
So they should! As should America for unleashing weapons of mass destructions on innocent CIVILIANS in the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. As should the Bushes and Howard for killing so many people while invading other countries based on lies.Terrence Wednesday 3 October, 2012 - 3:09 PM
Absolutely they should apologise,so should George Bush [Daddy and Son], Tony Blair, John Howard and every other politician that sends our troops to fight the American "Banksters" wars.Craig Wednesday 3 October, 2012 - 10:50 AM