- $1.5 million for Sydney council spin?
- Muslims4Australia Lakemba Rally
- Beheading not for freedom but fear
- What is age appropriate clothing?
- World goes to hell in a hand basket
- Drones growing in popularity
- Your questions about the Opal Card
- Who is funding the evil Islamic State?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- O.I.L. on Who is funding the evil Islamic State? They claim islam to be a peaceful religion? Just whereabouts? more
- James W on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Abbott has lost his way already, so many broken promises. Unemployment higher than in the depths of the 2nd worst global ... more
- peter on Millers Point sales shock investors This was the home for 6 people working in the city up until the last tennant died 4 years ago. all it ever needed was a coat ... more
- With friends like this Who needs enemies on The dangers we face with air drops? You probably think you know who makes the most money from Australia. You probably think it is Gina Rinehart or Andrew ... more
- peter on Smokes rise by $2.80 a packet I smoked and loved it for 35 yrs then I read a book on stopping and stopped before I finished the book by Allen Carr ... more
- Wendy on Proposal with a $1million donation Is it possible to get on Mr Moini's target list? My grandson has type 1 diabetes. A team at Newcastle University are in ... more
- Cleangirl on Will price hikes stop smokers? If it does we should try it with Alcohol, pokies and childcare. more
- Tony on SAS join Aussie airdrops in Iraq? If this is the case, then IS should now collectively go out into the desert and blow whats left of their pathetic brains ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on My religion needs fixing? What sort of "religion" chops people's heads off? more
- Samuel J on Extremists the enemy of Islam All right thinking countries around the world need to come down on these islamic damned extremists like a ton of bricks. ... more
- John Harvey on Stopping fighters heading overseas let them go just do not let them back into the country more
- Cleangirl on Extremists the enemy of Islam Extreme Islam or mediocre Islam ? Look at all the Islamic nations, extreme overrides mediocrity every time. more
- Vivien Ellison on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Tony Abbott, John Howard, Peter Costello and Scott Morrison are the best people that have ever been in Australian ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Stopping fighters heading overseas @Tony - excellent comment. I support that including confiscation of their passports as well as their assets forfeited to the ... more
- Citizen Slain on War looming in the Middle East We would all very much like to believe in the integrity and decency of modern government however the reality is very ... more
- Greg O on Regional relocation grants scrapped I did consider it and actually did it forty years ago. National Service took me out of Sydney and showed me there is ... more
- Greg O on Drug action in female prisons There has been plenty of first class facilities to deal with drug addiction for decades in not only women's prisons but male ... more
- Peter Ulmer on My religion needs fixing? Glen Mohammed is impressive as you say. Sadly he is one voice in what appears to be a minority view within his community. I ... more
- James W on One way ticket for Islamic radicals Let's buy anyone who wants to get involved in other country's affairs, a one way ticket. Mr Abbott, we'll book you ticket, ... more
- Cindy on Millers Point sales shock investors This minister has yet to meet with the residents on Millers Point personally even after continuous requests. Sales at ... more
Call to pay cops to patrol the Cross
Kings Cross nightclub owners have for the second time offered to pay police for extra patrols. Jason Morrison says the area has a violence problem, because there are not enough police, or zero tolerance.
There's no problem paying extra for police to patrol the SCG, so why can we not do it for the area in and around Kings Cross?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
A leading psychologist says students should have to pass a test and licensed, before they are allowed to use laptops and tablets in class. John Stanley on the proposal to fight cyber "sexting" by students.
Will Tony Abbott struggle on industrial relations in the shadows of Workchoices? Stuart Bocking looks at what John Howard has had to say. Suddenly Tony Abbott is backing away from the former PM's ideas.
You forgot to mention the fortresses they now reside in, they look very scared from my position!
Imagine if the the bikies declared gorilla warfare on them, they wouldn't know where and they wouldn't know when!Bikinis not burkas! Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 6:34 PM
so many police numbers yet hardly a force? even if there were 240,000 with more of the same current lax police hierarchy nothing would ever change staying the same. 14 years of a sloppy hopeless labor government and 16 months of the inept Liberal continuation has turned the police into unreachable hidden out of the way grumpy buck passing public service office workers too afraid to answer the bloody telephone themselves. the rampant malicious damage, etching of nearly ever train window in sydney and spray painting/graffitti all over the place way out of control with no end in sight and no police in sight the police evidently unwilling incapable of even stopping these brazen grafitti criminals that can be so easily caught? so really there is no hope for the rest of the unchecked constant serious crime in kings cross and indeed everywhere else in sydney to be stopped. good people could one day be frustrated into becoming vigilantes to protect themselves and property and they would no doubt be quickly arrested by the police!Samantha Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 2:10 PM
The poor policing problem is all over Sydney. There are plenty of inactive statue police-more than enough, if they simply did their job. Most days on the radio you hear about genuine distressed people who have called the police because of very serious incidents, even calling 000 and then getting fobbed off with absolutely no sense of urgency! With the offenders doing whatever they want, because of a no response police "force", ridden with excuses for everything. The truth be known, we already pay more than sufficient tax for police security. Until the politicians stop massaging the police, telling them what good jobs they are [not] doing, the lazy police will continue with more of the same no resolve, for the rapid escalating crime, hiding behind obviously fudged police stats. The lack of public, police confidence is so bad that many people are not even bothered to call the police for help anymore, because they are routinely fobbed off. Or if the police do eventually turn up, its all over bar the shouting, too late! Good people are now living in fortress like homes with bars on their windows, just like they the ones in prison! The undisciplined police "force" must have major reform!Artie Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 10:34 AM