- Sydney kids now addicted to meth?
- The Queen will not abdicate the throne
- Countdown trial for pedestrians
- Schoolies no worse this year?
- Amphetamine use on the increase
- Who will win big at ARIAS 2014
- Uber: the answer to Sydney cab rides?
- Baby found in Quakers Hill drain
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kylie Kelly on Baby found in Quakers Hill drain This will put the pro-abortionists into a frenzy. See how all life is precious, not just the politicians' lives, who ... more
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
Call to pay cops to patrol the Cross
Kings Cross nightclub owners have for the second time offered to pay police for extra patrols. Jason Morrison says the area has a violence problem, because there are not enough police, or zero tolerance.
There's no problem paying extra for police to patrol the SCG, so why can we not do it for the area in and around Kings Cross?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
A leading psychologist says students should have to pass a test and licensed, before they are allowed to use laptops and tablets in class. John Stanley on the proposal to fight cyber "sexting" by students.
Will Tony Abbott struggle on industrial relations in the shadows of Workchoices? Stuart Bocking looks at what John Howard has had to say. Suddenly Tony Abbott is backing away from the former PM's ideas.
You forgot to mention the fortresses they now reside in, they look very scared from my position!
Imagine if the the bikies declared gorilla warfare on them, they wouldn't know where and they wouldn't know when!Bikinis not burkas! Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 6:34 PM
so many police numbers yet hardly a force? even if there were 240,000 with more of the same current lax police hierarchy nothing would ever change staying the same. 14 years of a sloppy hopeless labor government and 16 months of the inept Liberal continuation has turned the police into unreachable hidden out of the way grumpy buck passing public service office workers too afraid to answer the bloody telephone themselves. the rampant malicious damage, etching of nearly ever train window in sydney and spray painting/graffitti all over the place way out of control with no end in sight and no police in sight the police evidently unwilling incapable of even stopping these brazen grafitti criminals that can be so easily caught? so really there is no hope for the rest of the unchecked constant serious crime in kings cross and indeed everywhere else in sydney to be stopped. good people could one day be frustrated into becoming vigilantes to protect themselves and property and they would no doubt be quickly arrested by the police!Samantha Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 2:10 PM
The poor policing problem is all over Sydney. There are plenty of inactive statue police-more than enough, if they simply did their job. Most days on the radio you hear about genuine distressed people who have called the police because of very serious incidents, even calling 000 and then getting fobbed off with absolutely no sense of urgency! With the offenders doing whatever they want, because of a no response police "force", ridden with excuses for everything. The truth be known, we already pay more than sufficient tax for police security. Until the politicians stop massaging the police, telling them what good jobs they are [not] doing, the lazy police will continue with more of the same no resolve, for the rapid escalating crime, hiding behind obviously fudged police stats. The lack of public, police confidence is so bad that many people are not even bothered to call the police for help anymore, because they are routinely fobbed off. Or if the police do eventually turn up, its all over bar the shouting, too late! Good people are now living in fortress like homes with bars on their windows, just like they the ones in prison! The undisciplined police "force" must have major reform!Artie Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 10:34 AM