- Homelessness growing with women?
- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- Kit Harrington on making movies
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
Call to pay cops to patrol the Cross
Kings Cross nightclub owners have for the second time offered to pay police for extra patrols. Jason Morrison says the area has a violence problem, because there are not enough police, or zero tolerance.
There's no problem paying extra for police to patrol the SCG, so why can we not do it for the area in and around Kings Cross?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
A leading psychologist says students should have to pass a test and licensed, before they are allowed to use laptops and tablets in class. John Stanley on the proposal to fight cyber "sexting" by students.
Will Tony Abbott struggle on industrial relations in the shadows of Workchoices? Stuart Bocking looks at what John Howard has had to say. Suddenly Tony Abbott is backing away from the former PM's ideas.
You forgot to mention the fortresses they now reside in, they look very scared from my position!
Imagine if the the bikies declared gorilla warfare on them, they wouldn't know where and they wouldn't know when!Bikinis not burkas! Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 6:34 PM
so many police numbers yet hardly a force? even if there were 240,000 with more of the same current lax police hierarchy nothing would ever change staying the same. 14 years of a sloppy hopeless labor government and 16 months of the inept Liberal continuation has turned the police into unreachable hidden out of the way grumpy buck passing public service office workers too afraid to answer the bloody telephone themselves. the rampant malicious damage, etching of nearly ever train window in sydney and spray painting/graffitti all over the place way out of control with no end in sight and no police in sight the police evidently unwilling incapable of even stopping these brazen grafitti criminals that can be so easily caught? so really there is no hope for the rest of the unchecked constant serious crime in kings cross and indeed everywhere else in sydney to be stopped. good people could one day be frustrated into becoming vigilantes to protect themselves and property and they would no doubt be quickly arrested by the police!Samantha Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 2:10 PM
The poor policing problem is all over Sydney. There are plenty of inactive statue police-more than enough, if they simply did their job. Most days on the radio you hear about genuine distressed people who have called the police because of very serious incidents, even calling 000 and then getting fobbed off with absolutely no sense of urgency! With the offenders doing whatever they want, because of a no response police "force", ridden with excuses for everything. The truth be known, we already pay more than sufficient tax for police security. Until the politicians stop massaging the police, telling them what good jobs they are [not] doing, the lazy police will continue with more of the same no resolve, for the rapid escalating crime, hiding behind obviously fudged police stats. The lack of public, police confidence is so bad that many people are not even bothered to call the police for help anymore, because they are routinely fobbed off. Or if the police do eventually turn up, its all over bar the shouting, too late! Good people are now living in fortress like homes with bars on their windows, just like they the ones in prison! The undisciplined police "force" must have major reform!Artie Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 10:34 AM