- MH17: mass murder of innocent souls
- Earth missed catastrophe by a week
- Asylum seekers heading to mainland
- Women still face work discrimination
- Do we all have psychic connections?
- Home lost to real estate fraudsters
- A week of horror over flight MH17
- Time for serious debate on euthanasia
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? @Craig you purposely omitted Russian armed and Russian trained killers did this...what is your agenda here? more
- Gary on Abbott copping Senate body blows If the PPL for everyone is such a bad thing, waste of effort and doesn't achieve anything in regards to workplace ... more
- Samuel J James on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said indeed. And Vladimar Putin, the KGB thug and temporary President of Russia has given as much help to the ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: Putin behind the attack? It can be assumed that Putin, the KGB thug is imitating one of his equal coward and former President of the Soviet Union, ... more
- Samuel J on A week of horror over flight MH17 Putin, the KGB thug is convicted in absentia - Please God. more
- stevo on Time for serious debate on euthanasia Legalise Euthanasia for those with 6 months to live if doctors and family want.My dad asked to be given and injection as he ... more
- Cleangirl on Bus crash kills one injures dozens Get bicycles OUT of bus lanes for a start. more
- Jonathon L Benson on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The sickening pictures of the filthy train leaving Ukraine with the bodies of many of these multi-national souls on board, ... more
- Samuel J on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill The do-gooders will probably get their way with this and it will be sadly regected. We have no leadership here in nsw so let ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said. The victims even after death did not receive any dignity at all from the Russian and Ukraine ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why do we need childcare subsidies @Greg O - you are absolutely correct. It is this 'gimmie, gimmie' nonsense and nanny State mentality that is thoroughly ... more
- Kimber on MH17: the long journey home A heartfelt thank you to the Netherlands in appreciation for finally giving some dignity to the victims of flight MH17. more
- Craig on MH17: Putin behind the attack? If America has proof why have they not shown it? The Ukraine air traffic control tapes have been confiscated by the State ... more
- Greta on New Times for Weekend Shows Fantastic to hear Tim coming on earlier - love his show, has interesting segments, would love to hear more of the gardening ... more
- Craig on MH17: Putin behind the attack? @Shot down, You would also believe pigs fly.There is a lot more to this, have you seen Russia's reply yesterday? Radar of ... more
- Angela Coombes on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? I don't feel sorry for her at all. Apart from her big mouth which shoots off without thinking first this galloot is ... more
- Keith A Tudor on MH17: Putin behind the attack? I firmly believe the utterly expensive anti-aircraft missile fired at Malaysian Airlines Passenger Jet MH17 and which ... more
- Samuel J on Sydney suffering too many councils @Angry Ratepayer - I agree. Councils' charter needs to be redrawn and be in simple terms to cut out this continuous ... more
- G. Parker on Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person' This woman is a disgrace... she isn't talking to the ladies at the local RSL club, but AUSTRALIA! How can someone with this ... more
- Sheila Freeman on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Now where is Tania and the rest of the Labour party who are always ready to criticise the Libs - totally inappropriate ... more
Call to pay cops to patrol the Cross
Kings Cross nightclub owners have for the second time offered to pay police for extra patrols. Jason Morrison says the area has a violence problem, because there are not enough police, or zero tolerance.
There's no problem paying extra for police to patrol the SCG, so why can we not do it for the area in and around Kings Cross?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
A leading psychologist says students should have to pass a test and licensed, before they are allowed to use laptops and tablets in class. John Stanley on the proposal to fight cyber "sexting" by students.
Will Tony Abbott struggle on industrial relations in the shadows of Workchoices? Stuart Bocking looks at what John Howard has had to say. Suddenly Tony Abbott is backing away from the former PM's ideas.
You forgot to mention the fortresses they now reside in, they look very scared from my position!
Imagine if the the bikies declared gorilla warfare on them, they wouldn't know where and they wouldn't know when!Bikinis not burkas! Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 6:34 PM
so many police numbers yet hardly a force? even if there were 240,000 with more of the same current lax police hierarchy nothing would ever change staying the same. 14 years of a sloppy hopeless labor government and 16 months of the inept Liberal continuation has turned the police into unreachable hidden out of the way grumpy buck passing public service office workers too afraid to answer the bloody telephone themselves. the rampant malicious damage, etching of nearly ever train window in sydney and spray painting/graffitti all over the place way out of control with no end in sight and no police in sight the police evidently unwilling incapable of even stopping these brazen grafitti criminals that can be so easily caught? so really there is no hope for the rest of the unchecked constant serious crime in kings cross and indeed everywhere else in sydney to be stopped. good people could one day be frustrated into becoming vigilantes to protect themselves and property and they would no doubt be quickly arrested by the police!Samantha Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 2:10 PM
The poor policing problem is all over Sydney. There are plenty of inactive statue police-more than enough, if they simply did their job. Most days on the radio you hear about genuine distressed people who have called the police because of very serious incidents, even calling 000 and then getting fobbed off with absolutely no sense of urgency! With the offenders doing whatever they want, because of a no response police "force", ridden with excuses for everything. The truth be known, we already pay more than sufficient tax for police security. Until the politicians stop massaging the police, telling them what good jobs they are [not] doing, the lazy police will continue with more of the same no resolve, for the rapid escalating crime, hiding behind obviously fudged police stats. The lack of public, police confidence is so bad that many people are not even bothered to call the police for help anymore, because they are routinely fobbed off. Or if the police do eventually turn up, its all over bar the shouting, too late! Good people are now living in fortress like homes with bars on their windows, just like they the ones in prison! The undisciplined police "force" must have major reform!Artie Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 10:34 AM