- Why are Coalition behind in polls?
- Unwanted pets: choose gifts carefully
- Gifts cards: are they a cop out?
- Blue Mountains: doorstep paradise
- Sharks attacks: what to know
- Can we make romance cool again?
- Gifts that give for Christmas?
- Dogs: the enduring best friend
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- peter on Expect intense bushfires more often gee you don't think the land clearing laws had anything to do with the scrub build up and the red tape you have to go ... more
- mick on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? You are a racist Ahmed, stupid claim. more
- Jonathon L Benson on Aussie students are falling behind? I would also like to see their left wing Union abolished and replaced by a Management Board comprising Parents and a few ... more
- Robert on Mandela: lessons we can all learn @ahmed. The White Australia policy was fine. Our people didn't build this country with multiculturalism in mind. They built ... more
- Jenny Biddle on Qantas: should Alan Joyce resign? I agree that Alan Joyce and the Board of Qantas should go, It has been a downhill spiral since Joyce took charge. Virgin ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? @ Jester4212, much larger, heavier and faster vehicle.Q.Why do they expose themselves to danger and death.A. They are stupid! more
- ahmed on Mandela: lessons we can all learn Never forget that Australia had a racist WHITE ONLY policy till 1973. In 1975 the Whitlam Government passed the Racial ... more
- STEVE on Mandela: lessons we can all learn south africa has a long journey to fight for economic justice.The government has been too complacent.However Mandela is a ... more
- Craig on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? @Ahmed, are we not all human beings first? And in saying that should we not treat all of our fellow human beings with ... more
- ricky on Gay marriage: seeking equality? Australia treats equal marriage just as they treated equality for aborigines.Its shamefull/ more
- ricky on Gay marriage: seeking equality? lets hope they do better than hetros who divorce and marry like there were no tommorrow and make a mockery of marriage more
- ricky on Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela When he was in prison i protested outside south africa house in London.GREAT MAN.All politicians should learn from him.RIP ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Lingerie football: is it sexist? I may become a convert to league if my wife lets me!I'm not into watching men play with each other. more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? @ ahmed, are you are part of the misinformation society, haven't you been listening to the court reports on the radio about ... more
- ahmed on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? Most bikie gangs are made up of anglo saxons, yet we dont say European Bikie gangs.Not sure if this geographical ... more
- ahmed on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? No doubt there is a link.However dont use that as an excuse to demonize lebanese Aussies like some people do ... more
- Jester4212 on Lingerie football: is it sexist? Saying that it's sexist is like saying that bikinis are sexist. What a load of rubbish!Think of it as a group of women ... more
- Stephen Jago on Lingerie football: is it sexist? No it is not sexist. They do play hard and my 16 year old son loves watching it lol. :-) more
- Keith A Tudor on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? I trust Mr Abbott will set up a high powered public inquiry with a view to abolishing the hopeless CSIRO and creation of a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? What no mention of the Middle Eastern Crime Squad? more
Carbon Tax: 100 days countdown
The Coalition is pledging a stronger attack on the carbon tax with under 100 days until it comes into effect. Shadow Environment Minister Greg Hunt says because of the carbon tax, families and small business will struggle.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
@ Susan, you are correct this is another GST the NSW Government said it would make the electricity generators put the average increase on the bills.
I call on all Australians that know this is a scam not to pay this increase!
Where is Ghandi when you need him?Evil triumphs when good men say nothing! Thursday 29 March, 2012 - 7:29 PM
Please remember upto half of this Tax will be returned to us in rebates, the other half goes to the U.N Environment bank. Unfortunatly, the U.N Bank is made up of unelected and unaccountable international people, but hey, it`s an Enviromental bank.John A Thursday 29 March, 2012 - 6:52 PM
Cut the bloody air conditioning & lights to EVERY LIEbor Govt buildings.
If the people of this nation cannot afford electricity to light and cool our homes, why the hell should taxpayers pay for these obnoxious MPs.
Maybe when they have to sit in unbearable hot offices they may feel the heat the electorate are feeling quite literally from the absurdity.
Every State Govt should knock down their climate change departments, just as Newman is doing in QLD.
They should knock on the head the nonsense emissions targets that are costing us $$Billions, just like VIC has finally had the sense to do.
Since LIEbor came to power in 2007, 800,000 businesses have closed.
How many more are going to close with the added costs of the carbon scam tax?
How many more jobs are going to be axed?
The unemployment is already 11.9% with over 2 Million people out of work.
The LIEbor Greens fraudulent carbon dioxide scam tax will be the only catastrophic outcome for our economy & it will NOT reduce emissions one little bit.
93 days now until this arrogant delusional treacherous govt deliberately increase ALL of our costs of living, on everyone on everything.
Nothing more than a total con, scam, sham & a hoax propagated by a totally untrustworthy, deceitful, inept, toxic Union Run LIEbor Extremist Greens Independents Traitors Party.
Shame on them.
This govt is a disgrace & will be wiped out at the next election for this treachery and good riddance.Another Proud Aussie Thursday 29 March, 2012 - 6:02 PM
Two State Governments have already said they want power bills to show the added cost of the Carbon Dioxide Tax. I would like to see all businesses, Shire Council Rate notices, Water Authorities and Shopper dockets, in fact everywhere there is an added cost due to this tax. Then it will be clear to all how much we are paying for this nonsense. GST is shown separately, so why not this tax? Doesn't it also follow that increased costs on these goods and services will also result in more GST? So, expect a double whammy.Susan Thursday 29 March, 2012 - 11:12 AM
On July 1st will begin only the first stage of the carbon-tax. Eventually the carbon-tax will be aimed at individuals not just companies. The politicians know it but they wont tell you. Its part of a very big agenda and it seems everyone is on board.Robert Thursday 29 March, 2012 - 7:53 AM
You're right Slimy. Both parties are into a race to the bottom. Gillard is just a liberal herself. Politicians are for sale and if phony tony gets the job then he won't change anything. Look for deals done before the election in secret for that.Athol Wednesday 28 March, 2012 - 6:08 PM