- The Whisper: Gay Bushrangers?
- 20-years for violent toddler murder
- Alcohol abuse: the wake-up call
- Greens Senator denies asylum stirring
- Ray 'Rabbits' Warren: The Voice
- Clive Palmer calls for fresh elections
- John & Garry on 2UE Breakfast
- Move Sydney buses to center-lanes?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gary on No place to top up Opal cards? I've had a Opal card for months, fantastic, best thing ever for public transport. I ordered it online, it arrived in the ... more
- James on Veggie garden for Pyrmont Bridge? Typical. Despite the inordinate number of junkets to places like Japan where they have rules to manage crowds which everyone ... more
- NOT SURPRISED... on Moree shooting: tension in the bush In my dealings with some very arrogant government departments, they can be quite rude and show little tact, often they make ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Warning on home grown terror But hang on a minute islam is such a bloody "peaceful religion" so what is Attorney-General George Brandis so damned ... more
- Greg O on Sydney facing homeless challenge New public housing estates look very impressive but there is never enough of them. It seems to be a case of we either give ... more
- James W on Parliament House $800 doorknob? Yeah, they must be punished for leaving us with a 3 X AAA rated economy and continuing on the 20 odd years of unbroken ... more
- Angela Coombes on Parliament House $800 doorknob? What about the framed portraits of Gillard and Rudd within the National Parliament - I would prefer just blank frames ... more
- Samuel J James on Work for Dole rules far too strict? @Sloppy Joe Hokey - you are 1000% correct. Simply put, it is government of the money, by the money for the money indeed! Of ... more
- Samuel J on PMs frustration over access to MH17 The ex KGB thug, presently the so called President of Russia has been as helpful regarding the recovery of the bodies of the ... more
- Terrence on Work for the dole doesn't work They ought to get Abbott do 40 applications and see what it is like. This guy has no clue how to run the government and ... more
- Terrence on PM discusses the issues on 2UE Abbott is trying his best to milk this so his unpopular budget and his lies and deceit do not stay in the headlines. It does ... more
- ahmed on No place to top up Opal cards? Typical third world Sydney transport solution.Why didnt they think of the opal card years ago and iron out problems before ... more
- alfredo on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Clover Moore and Alex Greenwich are the type of pollies this country really needs!! more
- paulo on Sydney facing homeless challenge Housing should be a human right.The government should make rules that require building companies to build cheap housing ... more
- Cleangirl on Sydney Art: what do you think? Much too much money, and I thought Art was something to appreciate, something not just anyone can do and something clever. more
- Gary on Work for Dole rules far too strict? As for FTA's, the fact is Australia is a net exporter to the countries that we have an FTA with. So we sell more than we ... more
- Gary on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Pick on the rich tax dodgers.Unfortunately the facts don't support your claim, the truth is the top 20% of tax payers are ... more
- Robyn on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD Could be a shapely woman more
- Norman Hanscombe on McClymont: He who must be Obeid As someone who began working on ALP Polling Booths over 70 years ago, it's sad that we need journalists like Kate McClymont ... more
- Ben on No place to top up Opal cards? How can a train station NOT sell an Opal ticket? Who planned that????Also, these tickets need to be anonymous like any train ... more
Carbon Tax: 100 days countdown
The Coalition is pledging a stronger attack on the carbon tax with under 100 days until it comes into effect. Shadow Environment Minister Greg Hunt says because of the carbon tax, families and small business will struggle.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
@ Susan, you are correct this is another GST the NSW Government said it would make the electricity generators put the average increase on the bills.
I call on all Australians that know this is a scam not to pay this increase!
Where is Ghandi when you need him?Evil triumphs when good men say nothing! Thursday 29 March, 2012 - 7:29 PM
Please remember upto half of this Tax will be returned to us in rebates, the other half goes to the U.N Environment bank. Unfortunatly, the U.N Bank is made up of unelected and unaccountable international people, but hey, it`s an Enviromental bank.John A Thursday 29 March, 2012 - 6:52 PM
Cut the bloody air conditioning & lights to EVERY LIEbor Govt buildings.
If the people of this nation cannot afford electricity to light and cool our homes, why the hell should taxpayers pay for these obnoxious MPs.
Maybe when they have to sit in unbearable hot offices they may feel the heat the electorate are feeling quite literally from the absurdity.
Every State Govt should knock down their climate change departments, just as Newman is doing in QLD.
They should knock on the head the nonsense emissions targets that are costing us $$Billions, just like VIC has finally had the sense to do.
Since LIEbor came to power in 2007, 800,000 businesses have closed.
How many more are going to close with the added costs of the carbon scam tax?
How many more jobs are going to be axed?
The unemployment is already 11.9% with over 2 Million people out of work.
The LIEbor Greens fraudulent carbon dioxide scam tax will be the only catastrophic outcome for our economy & it will NOT reduce emissions one little bit.
93 days now until this arrogant delusional treacherous govt deliberately increase ALL of our costs of living, on everyone on everything.
Nothing more than a total con, scam, sham & a hoax propagated by a totally untrustworthy, deceitful, inept, toxic Union Run LIEbor Extremist Greens Independents Traitors Party.
Shame on them.
This govt is a disgrace & will be wiped out at the next election for this treachery and good riddance.Another Proud Aussie Thursday 29 March, 2012 - 6:02 PM
Two State Governments have already said they want power bills to show the added cost of the Carbon Dioxide Tax. I would like to see all businesses, Shire Council Rate notices, Water Authorities and Shopper dockets, in fact everywhere there is an added cost due to this tax. Then it will be clear to all how much we are paying for this nonsense. GST is shown separately, so why not this tax? Doesn't it also follow that increased costs on these goods and services will also result in more GST? So, expect a double whammy.Susan Thursday 29 March, 2012 - 11:12 AM
On July 1st will begin only the first stage of the carbon-tax. Eventually the carbon-tax will be aimed at individuals not just companies. The politicians know it but they wont tell you. Its part of a very big agenda and it seems everyone is on board.Robert Thursday 29 March, 2012 - 7:53 AM
You're right Slimy. Both parties are into a race to the bottom. Gillard is just a liberal herself. Politicians are for sale and if phony tony gets the job then he won't change anything. Look for deals done before the election in secret for that.Athol Wednesday 28 March, 2012 - 6:08 PM