- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- Anzac Day: just a public holiday?
- Set to be slugged for your gas?
- The man behind the voice of Dr Hook
- Anzac Day: will it always be sacred?
- Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets?
- Angela Catterns with Tina Arena
- Foy Vance talks on Joy of Nothing
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Kimber on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? My visits to my doctor have never been "free", we live in a regional area and have never had bulk billing and we still pay ... more
- Kimber on When to let a loved one go? Agreed, a very difficult topic, but definitely a case by case basis. Having been in this situation with an elderly loved one ... more
- Coasty on Anger at Anzac Day breast competition I'll put it out there that ANZAC's could make a competition out of anything. If you don't want to rate your own breasts ... more
- Tangled Web on 20 police officers charged this year Ever since the standards were drastically lowered for entry into the police force and the training weakened, the undesirable ... more
- Fred on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bull Shorten is a little thick, he is still banging on about dodgy global warming/climate change and his absurd tax, when ... more
- Samuel J on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor I trust, hope and pray the now utterly defunct, useless, incompetent labor party will remain in Opposition for the next 20 ... more
- Craig on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? As for Hockeys nasty GP co-payment, I heard him on radio recently and when asked if he paid his doctor extra money now? ... more
- Greg O on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Since when was our "free" medical system free? Someone else has always had to pay for it. Even back in day one when the ... more
- Jane M. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Has anyone yet asked silly big Joe Hockey, what is the doctor supposed to do, when those sick people in distress with a bad ... more
- Tangled Web on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor According to the old Bill Shorten; â??I have full confidence in Craig Thomsonâ??. Bill Shorten (Aug 2011): Craig Thomson ... more
- Eric (From the West) on When is the flu just a cold? Re: Stuart Bockings comments about a second airport affecting property values. The reality is that we don't know what will ... more
- Tangled Web on Shorten calls for Labor Party reforms Evidently that insincere, plastic Bill Shorten is not all that bright and he is not lonely either. If Labor have nothing ... more
- Tangled Web on When is the flu just a cold? Thanks, that was somewhat informative. We all had a very bad, highly contagious flu like virus in late January and it ... more
- Anonymous on Father's fight to see his daughter Poor Andrew is correct. Way back in 1987 I divorced my very cruel, hate filled wife. Subsequently for the next 20+ years, ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: reflecting recent battles Amazingly, there are some elements around who still call themselves Australians. They are so ungrateful to our brave ... more
- Tangled Web on William & Kate head to Uluru I am trying my very best, but I just can't get excited about all of this media attention on the royal ... more
- Tangled Web on Baird reshuffle - winners and losers? Lets just hope, that the replacement premier is not just another expensive Grange wine drinker with a bad memory too? And ... more
- Tangled Web on Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks? @Keith A Tudor is obviously correct, how much longer will we accommodate all of this destructive drunkenness? Lets just see ... more
Carbon Tax: 100 days countdown
The Coalition is pledging a stronger attack on the carbon tax with under 100 days until it comes into effect. Shadow Environment Minister Greg Hunt says because of the carbon tax, families and small business will struggle.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
@ Susan, you are correct this is another GST the NSW Government said it would make the electricity generators put the average increase on the bills.
I call on all Australians that know this is a scam not to pay this increase!
Where is Ghandi when you need him?Evil triumphs when good men say nothing! Thursday 29 March, 2012 - 7:29 PM
Please remember upto half of this Tax will be returned to us in rebates, the other half goes to the U.N Environment bank. Unfortunatly, the U.N Bank is made up of unelected and unaccountable international people, but hey, it`s an Enviromental bank.John A Thursday 29 March, 2012 - 6:52 PM
Cut the bloody air conditioning & lights to EVERY LIEbor Govt buildings.
If the people of this nation cannot afford electricity to light and cool our homes, why the hell should taxpayers pay for these obnoxious MPs.
Maybe when they have to sit in unbearable hot offices they may feel the heat the electorate are feeling quite literally from the absurdity.
Every State Govt should knock down their climate change departments, just as Newman is doing in QLD.
They should knock on the head the nonsense emissions targets that are costing us $$Billions, just like VIC has finally had the sense to do.
Since LIEbor came to power in 2007, 800,000 businesses have closed.
How many more are going to close with the added costs of the carbon scam tax?
How many more jobs are going to be axed?
The unemployment is already 11.9% with over 2 Million people out of work.
The LIEbor Greens fraudulent carbon dioxide scam tax will be the only catastrophic outcome for our economy & it will NOT reduce emissions one little bit.
93 days now until this arrogant delusional treacherous govt deliberately increase ALL of our costs of living, on everyone on everything.
Nothing more than a total con, scam, sham & a hoax propagated by a totally untrustworthy, deceitful, inept, toxic Union Run LIEbor Extremist Greens Independents Traitors Party.
Shame on them.
This govt is a disgrace & will be wiped out at the next election for this treachery and good riddance.Another Proud Aussie Thursday 29 March, 2012 - 6:02 PM
Two State Governments have already said they want power bills to show the added cost of the Carbon Dioxide Tax. I would like to see all businesses, Shire Council Rate notices, Water Authorities and Shopper dockets, in fact everywhere there is an added cost due to this tax. Then it will be clear to all how much we are paying for this nonsense. GST is shown separately, so why not this tax? Doesn't it also follow that increased costs on these goods and services will also result in more GST? So, expect a double whammy.Susan Thursday 29 March, 2012 - 11:12 AM
On July 1st will begin only the first stage of the carbon-tax. Eventually the carbon-tax will be aimed at individuals not just companies. The politicians know it but they wont tell you. Its part of a very big agenda and it seems everyone is on board.Robert Thursday 29 March, 2012 - 7:53 AM
You're right Slimy. Both parties are into a race to the bottom. Gillard is just a liberal herself. Politicians are for sale and if phony tony gets the job then he won't change anything. Look for deals done before the election in secret for that.Athol Wednesday 28 March, 2012 - 6:08 PM