- Ian Roberts: the effects of concussion
- Search for mystery flight MH370
- Mark Bosnich on his career at the net
- Hotseat: OK to profit off WWI?
- Aussies to zap space junk with lasers?
- Vivid Sydney set to be biggest yet!
- Making TV soapies in a war zone?
- Buy local: vote with your wallet
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David Hoffman on Is terrorism behind missing plane? I am looking at this event through the lens of being a lifelong student of human behaviour. I know enough to believe that, ... more
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
Carbon Tax: 100 days countdown
The Coalition is pledging a stronger attack on the carbon tax with under 100 days until it comes into effect. Shadow Environment Minister Greg Hunt says because of the carbon tax, families and small business will struggle.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
@ Susan, you are correct this is another GST the NSW Government said it would make the electricity generators put the average increase on the bills.
I call on all Australians that know this is a scam not to pay this increase!
Where is Ghandi when you need him?Evil triumphs when good men say nothing! Thursday 29 March, 2012 - 7:29 PM
Please remember upto half of this Tax will be returned to us in rebates, the other half goes to the U.N Environment bank. Unfortunatly, the U.N Bank is made up of unelected and unaccountable international people, but hey, it`s an Enviromental bank.John A Thursday 29 March, 2012 - 6:52 PM
Cut the bloody air conditioning & lights to EVERY LIEbor Govt buildings.
If the people of this nation cannot afford electricity to light and cool our homes, why the hell should taxpayers pay for these obnoxious MPs.
Maybe when they have to sit in unbearable hot offices they may feel the heat the electorate are feeling quite literally from the absurdity.
Every State Govt should knock down their climate change departments, just as Newman is doing in QLD.
They should knock on the head the nonsense emissions targets that are costing us $$Billions, just like VIC has finally had the sense to do.
Since LIEbor came to power in 2007, 800,000 businesses have closed.
How many more are going to close with the added costs of the carbon scam tax?
How many more jobs are going to be axed?
The unemployment is already 11.9% with over 2 Million people out of work.
The LIEbor Greens fraudulent carbon dioxide scam tax will be the only catastrophic outcome for our economy & it will NOT reduce emissions one little bit.
93 days now until this arrogant delusional treacherous govt deliberately increase ALL of our costs of living, on everyone on everything.
Nothing more than a total con, scam, sham & a hoax propagated by a totally untrustworthy, deceitful, inept, toxic Union Run LIEbor Extremist Greens Independents Traitors Party.
Shame on them.
This govt is a disgrace & will be wiped out at the next election for this treachery and good riddance.Another Proud Aussie Thursday 29 March, 2012 - 6:02 PM
Two State Governments have already said they want power bills to show the added cost of the Carbon Dioxide Tax. I would like to see all businesses, Shire Council Rate notices, Water Authorities and Shopper dockets, in fact everywhere there is an added cost due to this tax. Then it will be clear to all how much we are paying for this nonsense. GST is shown separately, so why not this tax? Doesn't it also follow that increased costs on these goods and services will also result in more GST? So, expect a double whammy.Susan Thursday 29 March, 2012 - 11:12 AM
On July 1st will begin only the first stage of the carbon-tax. Eventually the carbon-tax will be aimed at individuals not just companies. The politicians know it but they wont tell you. Its part of a very big agenda and it seems everyone is on board.Robert Thursday 29 March, 2012 - 7:53 AM
You're right Slimy. Both parties are into a race to the bottom. Gillard is just a liberal herself. Politicians are for sale and if phony tony gets the job then he won't change anything. Look for deals done before the election in secret for that.Athol Wednesday 28 March, 2012 - 6:08 PM