- Homelessness growing with women?
- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- Kit Harrington on making movies
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
Child killer gets community service
Child killer, Alan Austin Hughes has been sentenced to 200 hours of community service for breaching his parole conditions.
Allan Hughes, who changed his name to Blain Lopez Smith, was sentenced in Port Macquarie Local Court on Monday after pleading guilty to failing to comply with reporting conditions.
He was sentenced to a minimum of 14 years jail in 1994 for the fatal bashing of his girlfriend's six-year-old son, John Ashfield on the NSW south coast in the previous year.
He was paroled from Silverwater prison on strict conditions in 2009.
Paul Murray spoke with Howard Brown, President of the Victims of Crime Assistance League about the parole violation.
This is the weakness of the law and the media. The media goes haywire when a handful of naive muslims go on the street to protest and behave as if it is the crime of the century and at the same time has a such a soft approach to child killers and child molesters. These criminals must be put behind bars for life. Further there must be a thorough investigations in churches and schools to uncover the evil acts that were and are put under the carpet by the christian lobby. I agree this is not a Christan issue but many cases have come from this context. We need to protect our children and we need to take this matter seriously as a society. The law will act if we can voice our opinions in a diligent manner.YUSUF Wednesday 31 October, 2012 - 11:01 AM
Lotteries took off in the 20s. It was called the numbers racket and run by the mob. But of course governments operate with only the interests of the people in mind and the mob simply had to be stopped. Very little money was recovered from the mob after 20 years of open slather. Where do you think that money went. Under a gigantic mattress perhaps. Several scandals with the Vatican bank indicated they received a great deal of that money. But of course the rest of the money is also in banks. The governments that simply had to do the right thing and the banks that are bastions of credibility cashed in bigger than the mob. Then by some curious quirk of fate lotteries became legal and operated by the government. And of course they were then a public service providing extraordinary benefit to the community. Then by another curious quirk of fate the government sold all lottery facilities to meet their liabilities with the banks. You dont have to be Einstein to work out who owns the lottery agencies now. Now an incredible coincidence has occurred and the largest jackpot in Australian history will be drawn on Melbourne cup day. A 100m jackpot means they will generate probably 200m and through their extraordinary generosity and love of the community they will put back perhaps 20m into Australia. The rest goes offshore into further bank accounts of the bankers. And beyond the first prize where does the rest of the winnings go. To millions of invisible people who will never be declared and never pay tax. But it has to be legit because the government says so right. Dont be a dullard. Banks and government conspirators are the real mob.Comedy at its Worst Wednesday 31 October, 2012 - 8:51 AM