- Obeid set to face court
- Would you prefer to vote online
- Can you ever trust a politician?
- SBS want more commercials?
- Shark nets best way to keep safe?
- Jenny Queen at the Children's Hospital
- Photos: 2UE Live at the Children's Hospital Westmead
- Christine Anu Island Christmas
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
- Greg O on Obama urges Australia to "step up" I am out in my backyard at the moment and am all set to save the environment. I have a Jim's Mowing hat, Steve Irwin shirt ... more
- Samuel J on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Just more nonsense from Obama who is tarred with the same brush as our two failures, Rudd and Gillard. Money, taxes etc will ... more
- Rod on Turn back the (Russian) boats RE: Why doesn't America send four warships of theirs and place them next to Russia's?I think the answer to this (possibly ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" @President Obama - what a bloody nonsense you are on about here with this climate change rot. You have evidently been imbued ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Obama urges Australia to "step up" China is having big problems with Muslims, can they send 500,000 troops? more
- Vic Whiteley on Fun police end Mexican themed party What is the definition of racist?Last time I checked, the majority of Mexicans are of Spanish heritage....which means ... more
- Jester4212 on Bike smart hat answer to registration Is this the answer to more accountable cyclists? No. This will make it more dangerous for cyclists. You can guarantee ... more
- Peter on Bike smart hat answer to registration Regardless of initial 'feeling's' towards this helmet, the shape, attachment of any external 'plate' and external ... more
- Craig on Turn back the (Russian) boats @Maurice, Why?In case you have been blinded by some loyalty to America have you not noticed how many wars they start? And ... more
- Clayton on Bike smart hat answer to registration Falling off wearing that helmet would almost certainly break your neck! It would pass no standards Australia test ever! What ... more
- Maurice on Turn back the (Russian) boats Why doesn't America send four warships of theirs and place them next to Russia's? more
- Craig on Russian warships headed our way! Don't worry comrades, our undermanned, under gunned and underfunded navy will do us proud. more
- Craig on Turn back the (Russian) boats Did they say they wanted to dock? They are in international waters and are not breaking any "rules". The US Government has ... more
Child killer gets community service
Child killer, Alan Austin Hughes has been sentenced to 200 hours of community service for breaching his parole conditions.
Allan Hughes, who changed his name to Blain Lopez Smith, was sentenced in Port Macquarie Local Court on Monday after pleading guilty to failing to comply with reporting conditions.
He was sentenced to a minimum of 14 years jail in 1994 for the fatal bashing of his girlfriend's six-year-old son, John Ashfield on the NSW south coast in the previous year.
He was paroled from Silverwater prison on strict conditions in 2009.
Paul Murray spoke with Howard Brown, President of the Victims of Crime Assistance League about the parole violation.
This is the weakness of the law and the media. The media goes haywire when a handful of naive muslims go on the street to protest and behave as if it is the crime of the century and at the same time has a such a soft approach to child killers and child molesters. These criminals must be put behind bars for life. Further there must be a thorough investigations in churches and schools to uncover the evil acts that were and are put under the carpet by the christian lobby. I agree this is not a Christan issue but many cases have come from this context. We need to protect our children and we need to take this matter seriously as a society. The law will act if we can voice our opinions in a diligent manner.YUSUF Wednesday 31 October, 2012 - 11:01 AM
Lotteries took off in the 20s. It was called the numbers racket and run by the mob. But of course governments operate with only the interests of the people in mind and the mob simply had to be stopped. Very little money was recovered from the mob after 20 years of open slather. Where do you think that money went. Under a gigantic mattress perhaps. Several scandals with the Vatican bank indicated they received a great deal of that money. But of course the rest of the money is also in banks. The governments that simply had to do the right thing and the banks that are bastions of credibility cashed in bigger than the mob. Then by some curious quirk of fate lotteries became legal and operated by the government. And of course they were then a public service providing extraordinary benefit to the community. Then by another curious quirk of fate the government sold all lottery facilities to meet their liabilities with the banks. You dont have to be Einstein to work out who owns the lottery agencies now. Now an incredible coincidence has occurred and the largest jackpot in Australian history will be drawn on Melbourne cup day. A 100m jackpot means they will generate probably 200m and through their extraordinary generosity and love of the community they will put back perhaps 20m into Australia. The rest goes offshore into further bank accounts of the bankers. And beyond the first prize where does the rest of the winnings go. To millions of invisible people who will never be declared and never pay tax. But it has to be legit because the government says so right. Dont be a dullard. Banks and government conspirators are the real mob.Comedy at its Worst Wednesday 31 October, 2012 - 8:51 AM