- Countdown trial for pedestrians
- Schoolies no worse this year?
- Amphetamine use on the increase
- Who will win big at ARIAS 2014
- Uber: the answer to Sydney cab rides?
- Baby found in Quakers Hill drain
- Over treatment with some cancers
- Baird shows huge political courage
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kylie Kelly on Baby found in Quakers Hill drain This will put the pro-abortionists into a frenzy. See how all life is precious, not just the politicians' lives, who ... more
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
Christmas message of peace
The Catholic church has again apologised to victims of child sex abuse. Cardinal George Pell used his Christmas message to say sorry to those who've suffered as a result of abuse within the church.
Cardinal Pell says Christmas is a time for peace and family, not evil.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Police are highlighting cases of 'driver stupidity' as they reinforce the message to take care on the roads this festive period. Inspector Phil Brooks tells Stuart Bocking officers are doing their best to save lives.
The mad rush at the Fish Markets is set to spill over to the city's shopping centres today. Last minute christmas shoppers are expected to splurge $2billion with 7% still to finish their festive purchases.
@Warren H; You wouldn't by any chance, be a member of the "Right To Life" movement would you? Your post has their style and seems to be designed to try to hijack this forum.David T. Saturday 29 December, 2012 - 10:23 AM
@David T talking about "protecting the children."?? Should keep in mind that it is the much maligned Catholic Church that are loudly and relentlessly fighting to stop Abortion all around the world. Protecting and defending countless unwanted inconvenient Sacred babies that are hideously killed with horrendous pain during their silent Abortion. And the Abortion slime green Labor Party is "keeping the whole matter quiet" too!!! Abortion "crimes" are done on Medicare and cost about a $Billion dollars year with +100,000 every year in Australia alone.Warren H. Friday 28 December, 2012 - 10:11 AM
@Andy; Are you aware that virtually all of the "compensation" packages contained an agreement that the victim would not speak about or publicise the fact they had been given money? Also, the Priests that committed these crimes were, in many cases, simply transferred to other areas; thus enabling them to continue their activities on the children of a whole, new, unsuspecting congregation? Together, these facts show that the Catholic heirarchy was far more interested in keeping the whole matter quiet, rather than protecting the children.David T. Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 9:36 AM
@David T. Very sincere George Pell has many times publicly stated that he is 'sorry' with the Catholic Church compensating many genuine people. So why won't your hypocritical sanctimonious ilk give Pell your critical "absolution"??? Have you conveniently forgotten how high level people in Labor obviously covered up and viciously attacked the very good whistleblower Gillian Sneddon in the disgusting Labor Minister MP Milton Orkopoulos child sex case involving drugged children in his parliamentary office?? Lets all hope Juliar Gillard's so called Royal Commission investigates these horrible cases too??Andy Wednesday 26 December, 2012 - 11:00 AM
Atheist Prime Minister; liar Juliar Gillard's Christmas election massage today was a memorable sight to be seen. She went on about her "Blessed" country...she could of well been a Christian preacher from Hillsong Church with Christian family life values...coming from Gillard a huge right to Abortion supporter! She went on about her mother and deceased father who evidently was very proud of his socialist prime minister daughter!!! Next Juliar will be doing an Obama/Oprah and kneeling down before a Crucifix with the ABC cameras a rolling. Juliar must think we all have short deleted memories and must of forgotten all her lies and deceit, her "sleazy" woeful conduct... even to decent Christian family men like Tony Abbott. On the flip side much maligned Christian Tony Abbott and his wife were the real deal and most sincere in his Christmas message of hope to our sick to death of Labor nation. It sounds like an election is very nigh, maybe in March 2013. Happy Christmas to all Australians and hopefully a right and just New Year with a clean beginning. N.B. Minus the dirty lying Labor government!BLESSED AUSTRALIA?? Monday 24 December, 2012 - 9:38 PM
Cardinal Pell should have apologised for the Catholic heirarchy's response to the abused children and the Church's lack of action on the abusers. This "apology" was written by their spin merchants and to me, was insincere.David T. Monday 24 December, 2012 - 4:45 PM