- Joe Hockey wanted tougher budget?
- Sharina Live on Stage at Sydney RSL
- HMAS Darwin: Aussie pride at sea
- Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill
- Sydney suffering too many councils
- PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin
- Bob Carr: vote vindicates Aussie seat
- Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- NOT A GOOD LOOK... on The Whisper: lineup to be a Knight? How hypocritical and pretentious is that staunch republican ex-Governor General, Ms. Quentin Bryce. She jumped at Tony ... more
- WAKE UP AUSTRALIA on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Our moronic politicians get shabbier everyday, they obviously have no class. This is clearly a recipe for disaster! more
- 1959 GRANGE... on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill Obviously dying, suffering people with cancer urgently need medicinal cannabis and our constant support! In America they ... more
- ANGRY RATEPAYERS... on Sydney suffering too many councils Just got the big IPART $$$rate slug from useless, arrogant Holroyd/Merrylands council and what a complete joke this council ... more
- Terence on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Sorry John,I listened to that powderpuff of an interview this morning with Senator Lambie."Would a male MP get the same ... more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? Smoking gun, President Putin's body language speaks volumes, he is obviously as guilty as sin and he needs to be dealt with. ... more
- Chris Teller on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Jacqui Lambie is not exactly stacked so I would not bother taking a second look unless she had breast enhancements. more
- Keith A Tudor on UN unanimous vote on MH17 @Get Real - an excellent comment indeed. Putin sadly is not a leaders'bootlace. Just look at the face on it and the eyes ... more
- Greg O on Has the PM finally found his voice? I hope so. He has the ability but the time for him to make it look like he has it is well and truly overdue. more
- Greg O on Why do we need childcare subsidies This is getting ridiculous. What is next? Perhaps Government assistance for old blokes like me to go on fishing trips. ... more
- Cleangirl on Why do we need childcare subsidies Either give ALL mothers money or at least means test for low incomers. Why are we encouraging people to outsource their ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? One analogy you forgot to make is - what would Jacqui Lambie have said about Tony Abbott if he described his preferences and ... more
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 Putin eh! Just look at the face and the eyes embedded in it! A stark appearance/psysiognamy as cold and frozen like the ... more
- GOOD GOD...JESUS on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 I saw them devils on television throwing dead humans in body bags around like bags of potatoes. Russian President Putin and ... more
Christmas message of peace
The Catholic church has again apologised to victims of child sex abuse. Cardinal George Pell used his Christmas message to say sorry to those who've suffered as a result of abuse within the church.
Cardinal Pell says Christmas is a time for peace and family, not evil.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Police are highlighting cases of 'driver stupidity' as they reinforce the message to take care on the roads this festive period. Inspector Phil Brooks tells Stuart Bocking officers are doing their best to save lives.
The mad rush at the Fish Markets is set to spill over to the city's shopping centres today. Last minute christmas shoppers are expected to splurge $2billion with 7% still to finish their festive purchases.
@Warren H; You wouldn't by any chance, be a member of the "Right To Life" movement would you? Your post has their style and seems to be designed to try to hijack this forum.David T. Saturday 29 December, 2012 - 10:23 AM
@David T talking about "protecting the children."?? Should keep in mind that it is the much maligned Catholic Church that are loudly and relentlessly fighting to stop Abortion all around the world. Protecting and defending countless unwanted inconvenient Sacred babies that are hideously killed with horrendous pain during their silent Abortion. And the Abortion slime green Labor Party is "keeping the whole matter quiet" too!!! Abortion "crimes" are done on Medicare and cost about a $Billion dollars year with +100,000 every year in Australia alone.Warren H. Friday 28 December, 2012 - 10:11 AM
@Andy; Are you aware that virtually all of the "compensation" packages contained an agreement that the victim would not speak about or publicise the fact they had been given money? Also, the Priests that committed these crimes were, in many cases, simply transferred to other areas; thus enabling them to continue their activities on the children of a whole, new, unsuspecting congregation? Together, these facts show that the Catholic heirarchy was far more interested in keeping the whole matter quiet, rather than protecting the children.David T. Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 9:36 AM
@David T. Very sincere George Pell has many times publicly stated that he is 'sorry' with the Catholic Church compensating many genuine people. So why won't your hypocritical sanctimonious ilk give Pell your critical "absolution"??? Have you conveniently forgotten how high level people in Labor obviously covered up and viciously attacked the very good whistleblower Gillian Sneddon in the disgusting Labor Minister MP Milton Orkopoulos child sex case involving drugged children in his parliamentary office?? Lets all hope Juliar Gillard's so called Royal Commission investigates these horrible cases too??Andy Wednesday 26 December, 2012 - 11:00 AM
Atheist Prime Minister; liar Juliar Gillard's Christmas election massage today was a memorable sight to be seen. She went on about her "Blessed" country...she could of well been a Christian preacher from Hillsong Church with Christian family life values...coming from Gillard a huge right to Abortion supporter! She went on about her mother and deceased father who evidently was very proud of his socialist prime minister daughter!!! Next Juliar will be doing an Obama/Oprah and kneeling down before a Crucifix with the ABC cameras a rolling. Juliar must think we all have short deleted memories and must of forgotten all her lies and deceit, her "sleazy" woeful conduct... even to decent Christian family men like Tony Abbott. On the flip side much maligned Christian Tony Abbott and his wife were the real deal and most sincere in his Christmas message of hope to our sick to death of Labor nation. It sounds like an election is very nigh, maybe in March 2013. Happy Christmas to all Australians and hopefully a right and just New Year with a clean beginning. N.B. Minus the dirty lying Labor government!BLESSED AUSTRALIA?? Monday 24 December, 2012 - 9:38 PM
Cardinal Pell should have apologised for the Catholic heirarchy's response to the abused children and the Church's lack of action on the abusers. This "apology" was written by their spin merchants and to me, was insincere.David T. Monday 24 December, 2012 - 4:45 PM