- Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it?
- Hike to help our Harbour
- What fairness for the average joe?
- Koala saved using CPR
- Your cash just a fingertip scan away?
- Mitchell on Shorten rape allegations
- Bill Shorten reveals rape allegations
- Justin Smith's Ice Bucket Challenge
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on Crisis over Palmer China comments Both Palmer and his side-kick Jaquie Lambie are utterly rank incompetent damned fools and totally unfit to be in our ... more
- PRINCE JOE HOKEY on Clive Palmer drops another clanger All honest people would have to agree with Clive Palmer's rather frank, but blunt opinion and know where Clive is coming ... more
- Anthony on Clive Palmer drops another clanger Way to go Clive. I moved to Australia 8 years ago and was shocked to see Australia owns nothing! You've sold your country to ... more
- molly on Clive Palmer drops another clanger watch out Clive the anti-free speech people will get you. If china want Australia they will have to fight Islam for it. ... more
- Ben on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Why does this even make the news?Get over it. I have been rejected for age, looks, prejudice and who knows what other ... more
- Angela Coombes on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? The coffee shop owner has a right to hire an employee whom he or she feels will fit in with the business. It is no different ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? I don't think the clown Baird realises he has a State election on in about March 2015. Is he running his candidates for ... more
- Angela Coombes on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping How utterly foolhardy of this Baird joker not nominating candidates. He could have come up with two outstanding liberal ... more
- SLOPPY JOE-CANBERRA on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping What a shocking state of affairs with so many bad, self-serving politicians about...allegedly there to manage the nation? ... more
- Cleangirl on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? and how many government departments seem to be made up predominantly with a single foreign race ? more
- paulo on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? This cafe owner will be shamed into learning a lesson that racism is not accepted here! more
- Bruce on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Leave the coffee shop owner alone its hard enough making a living in the hospitality industry without have to deal with a ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? It is gutless on the part of the liberal party. Why not field new candidates and market their integrity - assuming they have ... more
- barry on Hockey backlash on poor comments Well we now see the true colours of adopted name JOE HOCKEY,has no idea of the working class struggles,indicated by his ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? Maybe we should put more bible bashers in Parliament to help root out the corrupt thugs in all the failed political parties ... more
- Samuel J on Spike in ice use across Sydney Just how do the ingredients for these drugs get out to this poor stupid forlorn drug affected knuckleheads! I am inclined to ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Hockey backlash on poor comments Like the fool Wayne Swan, this Hockey joker is well past his 'Use-By" date indeed! I suggest put someone in his job who ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? All it will mean is more hung parliaments full of even more shonks, dunces, fools and clowns collectively bleeding us ... more
- Craig on Hockey backlash on poor comments These jokers born with silver spoons in their mouth, multi millionaires have NO idea.Poor people do drive most of us live ... more
- Cleangirl on Help, can you solve our traffic woes? Get pack cyclists off main roads during peak times. Surely they can do their hobby ride another time of day. and ask 4WD`s ... more
Christmas message of peace
The Catholic church has again apologised to victims of child sex abuse. Cardinal George Pell used his Christmas message to say sorry to those who've suffered as a result of abuse within the church.
Cardinal Pell says Christmas is a time for peace and family, not evil.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Police are highlighting cases of 'driver stupidity' as they reinforce the message to take care on the roads this festive period. Inspector Phil Brooks tells Stuart Bocking officers are doing their best to save lives.
The mad rush at the Fish Markets is set to spill over to the city's shopping centres today. Last minute christmas shoppers are expected to splurge $2billion with 7% still to finish their festive purchases.
@Warren H; You wouldn't by any chance, be a member of the "Right To Life" movement would you? Your post has their style and seems to be designed to try to hijack this forum.David T. Saturday 29 December, 2012 - 10:23 AM
@David T talking about "protecting the children."?? Should keep in mind that it is the much maligned Catholic Church that are loudly and relentlessly fighting to stop Abortion all around the world. Protecting and defending countless unwanted inconvenient Sacred babies that are hideously killed with horrendous pain during their silent Abortion. And the Abortion slime green Labor Party is "keeping the whole matter quiet" too!!! Abortion "crimes" are done on Medicare and cost about a $Billion dollars year with +100,000 every year in Australia alone.Warren H. Friday 28 December, 2012 - 10:11 AM
@Andy; Are you aware that virtually all of the "compensation" packages contained an agreement that the victim would not speak about or publicise the fact they had been given money? Also, the Priests that committed these crimes were, in many cases, simply transferred to other areas; thus enabling them to continue their activities on the children of a whole, new, unsuspecting congregation? Together, these facts show that the Catholic heirarchy was far more interested in keeping the whole matter quiet, rather than protecting the children.David T. Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 9:36 AM
@David T. Very sincere George Pell has many times publicly stated that he is 'sorry' with the Catholic Church compensating many genuine people. So why won't your hypocritical sanctimonious ilk give Pell your critical "absolution"??? Have you conveniently forgotten how high level people in Labor obviously covered up and viciously attacked the very good whistleblower Gillian Sneddon in the disgusting Labor Minister MP Milton Orkopoulos child sex case involving drugged children in his parliamentary office?? Lets all hope Juliar Gillard's so called Royal Commission investigates these horrible cases too??Andy Wednesday 26 December, 2012 - 11:00 AM
Atheist Prime Minister; liar Juliar Gillard's Christmas election massage today was a memorable sight to be seen. She went on about her "Blessed" country...she could of well been a Christian preacher from Hillsong Church with Christian family life values...coming from Gillard a huge right to Abortion supporter! She went on about her mother and deceased father who evidently was very proud of his socialist prime minister daughter!!! Next Juliar will be doing an Obama/Oprah and kneeling down before a Crucifix with the ABC cameras a rolling. Juliar must think we all have short deleted memories and must of forgotten all her lies and deceit, her "sleazy" woeful conduct... even to decent Christian family men like Tony Abbott. On the flip side much maligned Christian Tony Abbott and his wife were the real deal and most sincere in his Christmas message of hope to our sick to death of Labor nation. It sounds like an election is very nigh, maybe in March 2013. Happy Christmas to all Australians and hopefully a right and just New Year with a clean beginning. N.B. Minus the dirty lying Labor government!BLESSED AUSTRALIA?? Monday 24 December, 2012 - 9:38 PM
Cardinal Pell should have apologised for the Catholic heirarchy's response to the abused children and the Church's lack of action on the abusers. This "apology" was written by their spin merchants and to me, was insincere.David T. Monday 24 December, 2012 - 4:45 PM