- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- Kit Harrington on making movies
- Kamahl on people being kind?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
Christmas message of peace
The Catholic church has again apologised to victims of child sex abuse. Cardinal George Pell used his Christmas message to say sorry to those who've suffered as a result of abuse within the church.
Cardinal Pell says Christmas is a time for peace and family, not evil.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Police are highlighting cases of 'driver stupidity' as they reinforce the message to take care on the roads this festive period. Inspector Phil Brooks tells Stuart Bocking officers are doing their best to save lives.
The mad rush at the Fish Markets is set to spill over to the city's shopping centres today. Last minute christmas shoppers are expected to splurge $2billion with 7% still to finish their festive purchases.
@Warren H; You wouldn't by any chance, be a member of the "Right To Life" movement would you? Your post has their style and seems to be designed to try to hijack this forum.David T. Saturday 29 December, 2012 - 10:23 AM
@David T talking about "protecting the children."?? Should keep in mind that it is the much maligned Catholic Church that are loudly and relentlessly fighting to stop Abortion all around the world. Protecting and defending countless unwanted inconvenient Sacred babies that are hideously killed with horrendous pain during their silent Abortion. And the Abortion slime green Labor Party is "keeping the whole matter quiet" too!!! Abortion "crimes" are done on Medicare and cost about a $Billion dollars year with +100,000 every year in Australia alone.Warren H. Friday 28 December, 2012 - 10:11 AM
@Andy; Are you aware that virtually all of the "compensation" packages contained an agreement that the victim would not speak about or publicise the fact they had been given money? Also, the Priests that committed these crimes were, in many cases, simply transferred to other areas; thus enabling them to continue their activities on the children of a whole, new, unsuspecting congregation? Together, these facts show that the Catholic heirarchy was far more interested in keeping the whole matter quiet, rather than protecting the children.David T. Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 9:36 AM
@David T. Very sincere George Pell has many times publicly stated that he is 'sorry' with the Catholic Church compensating many genuine people. So why won't your hypocritical sanctimonious ilk give Pell your critical "absolution"??? Have you conveniently forgotten how high level people in Labor obviously covered up and viciously attacked the very good whistleblower Gillian Sneddon in the disgusting Labor Minister MP Milton Orkopoulos child sex case involving drugged children in his parliamentary office?? Lets all hope Juliar Gillard's so called Royal Commission investigates these horrible cases too??Andy Wednesday 26 December, 2012 - 11:00 AM
Atheist Prime Minister; liar Juliar Gillard's Christmas election massage today was a memorable sight to be seen. She went on about her "Blessed" country...she could of well been a Christian preacher from Hillsong Church with Christian family life values...coming from Gillard a huge right to Abortion supporter! She went on about her mother and deceased father who evidently was very proud of his socialist prime minister daughter!!! Next Juliar will be doing an Obama/Oprah and kneeling down before a Crucifix with the ABC cameras a rolling. Juliar must think we all have short deleted memories and must of forgotten all her lies and deceit, her "sleazy" woeful conduct... even to decent Christian family men like Tony Abbott. On the flip side much maligned Christian Tony Abbott and his wife were the real deal and most sincere in his Christmas message of hope to our sick to death of Labor nation. It sounds like an election is very nigh, maybe in March 2013. Happy Christmas to all Australians and hopefully a right and just New Year with a clean beginning. N.B. Minus the dirty lying Labor government!BLESSED AUSTRALIA?? Monday 24 December, 2012 - 9:38 PM
Cardinal Pell should have apologised for the Catholic heirarchy's response to the abused children and the Church's lack of action on the abusers. This "apology" was written by their spin merchants and to me, was insincere.David T. Monday 24 December, 2012 - 4:45 PM