- It's Time: Heralded era of new politics
- Anger at teen jihadist's threats
- Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM
- The Whisper: Waste at Tafe
- Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough
- Gough Whitlam: a giant of our time
- Time to help out Ebola regions?
- Too young for homework?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Laura on Accident hotspot: northern beaches Shocking, and thoughts go out to those personally affected; speedy recovery all. But let's have a proper (timely ... more
- Yusuf on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM Brain washed idiots. Lock them up and leave them there for life. more
- yusuf on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A man of real substance. My condolences to his family. more
- Yusuf on The Whisper: where burqa ban began Australia has its own values and freedoms and does not have to follow other countries. There are also examples of other ... more
- TEN FOUR... on Accident hotspot: northern beaches Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on The Whisper: where burqa ban began France saw fit to ban the burqa but "sorry" Australia did not? more
- Raumann Gagnon on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A great leader , a warm friend . Always honest in what he did and said . Faithful to his beliefs and ideas . He shall be ... more
- REALISTIC on Drivers not tested for cocaine use? Well that explains all of the constant madness and road rage etc going on in our streets...so what are our invisible 'police ... more
- THE WEATHER on Perfect storm strikes across Sydney Well its soaking wet and freezing cold, could it be man 'made global warming' in disguise? Without the big dry and the ... more
- Cleangirl on Apologise to a culture of complaint Apologise because someone may choose to take offence ? more
- Join the Q Society on Apologise to a culture of complaint Non offensive T Shirt should have the same wording but with the Islamic State Flag! more
- Patriot on Apologise to a culture of complaint Slick and pretentious Woolworths obviously lack charisma and they lack credibility too. Woolworths will lose even more ... more
- Tanya on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets What a lot of utter BS, When the Greens don't like something you know its OK. When has the truth become "Totally ... more
- WHAT POLICE? on Sydney violence a generation thing? Excuses, excuses! Amazingly even with record police numbers, it is a struggle to find our invisible police force i.e. huge ... more
- Troy on Hillsong, more than just a church So tired of hearing from this woman anytime Hillsong is mentioned. She hasn't been there in well over a decade. She couldn't ... more
- Mr Creepy on Are 'fun police' banning everything? We have all seen it. A poodle mounts the leg of a bigger dog. The expression on the poodles face is a little amusing, a ... more
- Voluptuous Hypothesis on Sydney to bathe in blood moon? Just in time to watch the moon die. Blood moon exsanguinated. Eclipse reached totality. Here, north of Dallas, the moon ... more
- Cleangirl on Labor Party 'Headed for the rocks' Labor has to stop the Left-wing senseless rhetoric, and start looking out for the workers, their families and get some ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane It was reported that Islamic State agents are travelling in fours with false passports, posing as refugees to enter Europe! ... more
Christmas message of peace
The Catholic church has again apologised to victims of child sex abuse. Cardinal George Pell used his Christmas message to say sorry to those who've suffered as a result of abuse within the church.
Cardinal Pell says Christmas is a time for peace and family, not evil.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Police are highlighting cases of 'driver stupidity' as they reinforce the message to take care on the roads this festive period. Inspector Phil Brooks tells Stuart Bocking officers are doing their best to save lives.
The mad rush at the Fish Markets is set to spill over to the city's shopping centres today. Last minute christmas shoppers are expected to splurge $2billion with 7% still to finish their festive purchases.
@Warren H; You wouldn't by any chance, be a member of the "Right To Life" movement would you? Your post has their style and seems to be designed to try to hijack this forum.David T. Saturday 29 December, 2012 - 10:23 AM
@David T talking about "protecting the children."?? Should keep in mind that it is the much maligned Catholic Church that are loudly and relentlessly fighting to stop Abortion all around the world. Protecting and defending countless unwanted inconvenient Sacred babies that are hideously killed with horrendous pain during their silent Abortion. And the Abortion slime green Labor Party is "keeping the whole matter quiet" too!!! Abortion "crimes" are done on Medicare and cost about a $Billion dollars year with +100,000 every year in Australia alone.Warren H. Friday 28 December, 2012 - 10:11 AM
@Andy; Are you aware that virtually all of the "compensation" packages contained an agreement that the victim would not speak about or publicise the fact they had been given money? Also, the Priests that committed these crimes were, in many cases, simply transferred to other areas; thus enabling them to continue their activities on the children of a whole, new, unsuspecting congregation? Together, these facts show that the Catholic heirarchy was far more interested in keeping the whole matter quiet, rather than protecting the children.David T. Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 9:36 AM
@David T. Very sincere George Pell has many times publicly stated that he is 'sorry' with the Catholic Church compensating many genuine people. So why won't your hypocritical sanctimonious ilk give Pell your critical "absolution"??? Have you conveniently forgotten how high level people in Labor obviously covered up and viciously attacked the very good whistleblower Gillian Sneddon in the disgusting Labor Minister MP Milton Orkopoulos child sex case involving drugged children in his parliamentary office?? Lets all hope Juliar Gillard's so called Royal Commission investigates these horrible cases too??Andy Wednesday 26 December, 2012 - 11:00 AM
Atheist Prime Minister; liar Juliar Gillard's Christmas election massage today was a memorable sight to be seen. She went on about her "Blessed" country...she could of well been a Christian preacher from Hillsong Church with Christian family life values...coming from Gillard a huge right to Abortion supporter! She went on about her mother and deceased father who evidently was very proud of his socialist prime minister daughter!!! Next Juliar will be doing an Obama/Oprah and kneeling down before a Crucifix with the ABC cameras a rolling. Juliar must think we all have short deleted memories and must of forgotten all her lies and deceit, her "sleazy" woeful conduct... even to decent Christian family men like Tony Abbott. On the flip side much maligned Christian Tony Abbott and his wife were the real deal and most sincere in his Christmas message of hope to our sick to death of Labor nation. It sounds like an election is very nigh, maybe in March 2013. Happy Christmas to all Australians and hopefully a right and just New Year with a clean beginning. N.B. Minus the dirty lying Labor government!BLESSED AUSTRALIA?? Monday 24 December, 2012 - 9:38 PM
Cardinal Pell should have apologised for the Catholic heirarchy's response to the abused children and the Church's lack of action on the abusers. This "apology" was written by their spin merchants and to me, was insincere.David T. Monday 24 December, 2012 - 4:45 PM