- James Tiger - Lego Ninjago
- Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it?
- Hike to help our Harbour
- What fairness for the average joe?
- Koala saved using CPR
- Your cash just a fingertip scan away?
- Mitchell on Shorten rape allegations
- Bill Shorten reveals rape allegations
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on Crisis over Palmer China comments Both Palmer and his side-kick Jaquie Lambie are utterly rank incompetent damned fools and totally unfit to be in our ... more
- PRINCE JOE HOKEY on Clive Palmer drops another clanger All honest people would have to agree with Clive Palmer's rather frank, but blunt opinion and know where Clive is coming ... more
- Anthony on Clive Palmer drops another clanger Way to go Clive. I moved to Australia 8 years ago and was shocked to see Australia owns nothing! You've sold your country to ... more
- molly on Clive Palmer drops another clanger watch out Clive the anti-free speech people will get you. If china want Australia they will have to fight Islam for it. ... more
- Ben on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Why does this even make the news?Get over it. I have been rejected for age, looks, prejudice and who knows what other ... more
- Angela Coombes on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? The coffee shop owner has a right to hire an employee whom he or she feels will fit in with the business. It is no different ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? I don't think the clown Baird realises he has a State election on in about March 2015. Is he running his candidates for ... more
- Angela Coombes on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping How utterly foolhardy of this Baird joker not nominating candidates. He could have come up with two outstanding liberal ... more
- SLOPPY JOE-CANBERRA on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping What a shocking state of affairs with so many bad, self-serving politicians about...allegedly there to manage the nation? ... more
- Cleangirl on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? and how many government departments seem to be made up predominantly with a single foreign race ? more
- paulo on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? This cafe owner will be shamed into learning a lesson that racism is not accepted here! more
- Bruce on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Leave the coffee shop owner alone its hard enough making a living in the hospitality industry without have to deal with a ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? It is gutless on the part of the liberal party. Why not field new candidates and market their integrity - assuming they have ... more
- barry on Hockey backlash on poor comments Well we now see the true colours of adopted name JOE HOCKEY,has no idea of the working class struggles,indicated by his ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? Maybe we should put more bible bashers in Parliament to help root out the corrupt thugs in all the failed political parties ... more
- Samuel J on Spike in ice use across Sydney Just how do the ingredients for these drugs get out to this poor stupid forlorn drug affected knuckleheads! I am inclined to ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Hockey backlash on poor comments Like the fool Wayne Swan, this Hockey joker is well past his 'Use-By" date indeed! I suggest put someone in his job who ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? All it will mean is more hung parliaments full of even more shonks, dunces, fools and clowns collectively bleeding us ... more
- Craig on Hockey backlash on poor comments These jokers born with silver spoons in their mouth, multi millionaires have NO idea.Poor people do drive most of us live ... more
- Cleangirl on Help, can you solve our traffic woes? Get pack cyclists off main roads during peak times. Surely they can do their hobby ride another time of day. and ask 4WD`s ... more
Cigarette tax increases to repeat?
The government is typically hypocritical about cigarette smokers. Tim Webster on repeated tax increases to be imposed on tobacco, while holding their hands out for the revenue. Should smoking be banned?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The latest political opinion poll for 2013 is released, the first of many in this federal election year. John Stanley reveals why it will be the western suburbs of Sydney where this election will be fought and won.
Should we increase the Newstart allowance? Tim Webster discusses further the issue raised this week on those struggling to survive on $35 a day, and our attention now drawn to those disadvantaged in our suburbs.
Johannes, maybe we should impose a junk food tax so as to encourage people to eat more natural foods. Our farmers might appreciate the extra business. I'd be interested to hear what others think. Do you have an issue with people being made accountable for the bum decisions they have taken?James W Tuesday 8 January, 2013 - 6:46 AM
James W, I suppose you want user pays for ALL medical. I bet you`d baulk at a fat tax, an AIDs tax, dog tax or junk food tax, each of which cost our hospitals and govt. dearly.Johannes Monday 7 January, 2013 - 6:05 PM
Mean spirited types would hardly donate to others, would they now, Juliarrr?James W Monday 7 January, 2013 - 10:47 AM
James W you are a typical mean spirited Labor hypocrite. Labor are donating our taxes to countries who clearly hate Australia. Labor has thrown-away, countless $Billions of dollars. Labor are wastefully making huge donations which should naturally be used for our own suffering needy people here. Cigs should be banned from sale, because they are poisonous and are poisoning people full stop. Bottom line-desperate hypocrites, Labor are always looking for more ways to tax people, even our bloody damned poor...JULIARRR Sunday 6 January, 2013 - 9:23 PM
The REAL cost of smoking should be factored into every pack of cancer sticks so that the user pays. This levy can change as fast as fuel prices if necessary to cover costs. Govt should be prevented from vacuuming this money from its intended destination of Heath care. Annual permits to smoke should be sold and smokers should show their permits to purchase the drug. This would help shut down new smokers joining the roundabout.Danny Dix Sunday 6 January, 2013 - 10:32 AM
While they`re at it, a bigger tax on gambling, alcohol, pet food and lotteries would help tax revenue too.
More dog bite victims than smoking illnesses in our hospitals mean the govt. could be on a winner here.Johannes Friday 4 January, 2013 - 10:43 PM