- Qantas: should Alan Joyce resign?
- Our planet: are things getting better?
- Volunteers deserve our thanks!
- What do you love about Sydney?
- Weird things found in rental places?
- Facebook will be dead in 5 years?
- Secret recordings: are they legal?
- BOF: corruption threat to re-election?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ahmed on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? Most bikie gangs are made up of anglo saxons, yet we dont say European Bikie gangs.Not sure if this geographical ... more
- ahmed on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? No doubt there is a link.However dont use that as an excuse to demonize lebanese Aussies like some people do ... more
- Jester4212 on Lingerie football: is it sexist? Saying that it's sexist is like saying that bikinis are sexist. What a load of rubbish!Think of it as a group of women ... more
- Stephen Jago on Lingerie football: is it sexist? No it is not sexist. They do play hard and my 16 year old son loves watching it lol. :-) more
- Keith A Tudor on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? I trust Mr Abbott will set up a high powered public inquiry with a view to abolishing the hopeless CSIRO and creation of a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? What no mention of the Middle Eastern Crime Squad? more
- Jonathon L Benson on ICAC: Chris Hartcher quits energy This, in my professional view, is the beginning of the end of the utterly hopeless O'Farrell government in NSW. Just ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? @Lis posting here - you are absolutely correct. I clearly recall a joker in the 1990's who was knocked back for entry into ... more
- Samuel J on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? @Craig - absolutely correct. The abject, disgraceful rotten mess that Gillard and Rudd the Dudd left the new Coalition ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? This reported outcome says a lot in regard to policies and practice pertaining to teacher selection, education, training and ... more
- James W on Aussie students are falling behind? A child's most important teacher/s are it's parents. more
- Jester4212 on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? @Bikinis. Riding against the traffic is without a doubt the worst idea and will definitely contribute to more fatalities. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? Another fine mess Australian kids are in! more
- Liz on Aussie students are falling behind? Our sub-standard teaching workforce is damaging the future of this country. A large number of teachers are inarticulate, ... more
- Amy on Aussie students are falling behind? If the teacher can not use a red pen to mark their work because it is too confrontational and they can never be FAILED and ... more
- Peter on Aussie students are falling behind? Doesn't matter how much money you throw at the education system! The student will only be as good as the teacher,teaching ... more
- Jester4212 on Handbook for men on women? This book sounds disgustingly stereotypical for both sexes. I really don't think this lady has a clue. more
- peter on Paul Hogan our Aussie Icon thanks to this natural person I started to find out my rights as an Australian more
- Craig on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? Labor projected this "they" never budgeted this it was in forward estimates and they could not see what was happening next ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? During daylight hours cyclists should ride towards the oncoming traffic to see what is coming at them, they aren't even ... more
Cigarette tax increases to repeat?
The government is typically hypocritical about cigarette smokers. Tim Webster on repeated tax increases to be imposed on tobacco, while holding their hands out for the revenue. Should smoking be banned?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The latest political opinion poll for 2013 is released, the first of many in this federal election year. John Stanley reveals why it will be the western suburbs of Sydney where this election will be fought and won.
Should we increase the Newstart allowance? Tim Webster discusses further the issue raised this week on those struggling to survive on $35 a day, and our attention now drawn to those disadvantaged in our suburbs.
Johannes, maybe we should impose a junk food tax so as to encourage people to eat more natural foods. Our farmers might appreciate the extra business. I'd be interested to hear what others think. Do you have an issue with people being made accountable for the bum decisions they have taken?James W Tuesday 8 January, 2013 - 6:46 AM
James W, I suppose you want user pays for ALL medical. I bet you`d baulk at a fat tax, an AIDs tax, dog tax or junk food tax, each of which cost our hospitals and govt. dearly.Johannes Monday 7 January, 2013 - 6:05 PM
Mean spirited types would hardly donate to others, would they now, Juliarrr?James W Monday 7 January, 2013 - 10:47 AM
James W you are a typical mean spirited Labor hypocrite. Labor are donating our taxes to countries who clearly hate Australia. Labor has thrown-away, countless $Billions of dollars. Labor are wastefully making huge donations which should naturally be used for our own suffering needy people here. Cigs should be banned from sale, because they are poisonous and are poisoning people full stop. Bottom line-desperate hypocrites, Labor are always looking for more ways to tax people, even our bloody damned poor...JULIARRR Sunday 6 January, 2013 - 9:23 PM
The REAL cost of smoking should be factored into every pack of cancer sticks so that the user pays. This levy can change as fast as fuel prices if necessary to cover costs. Govt should be prevented from vacuuming this money from its intended destination of Heath care. Annual permits to smoke should be sold and smokers should show their permits to purchase the drug. This would help shut down new smokers joining the roundabout.Danny Dix Sunday 6 January, 2013 - 10:32 AM
While they`re at it, a bigger tax on gambling, alcohol, pet food and lotteries would help tax revenue too.
More dog bite victims than smoking illnesses in our hospitals mean the govt. could be on a winner here.Johannes Friday 4 January, 2013 - 10:43 PM