- Was John Howard our best PM?
- Light rail to service Greater West
- Is terrorism behind missing plane?
- Will Crimea be engulfed in war?
- Why is Sydney so expensive?
- Leo Sayer: why he became an Aussie
- Bees buzzing all over Sydney's CBD?
- Ok to leave baby behind on holidays?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
Cigarette tax increases to repeat?
The government is typically hypocritical about cigarette smokers. Tim Webster on repeated tax increases to be imposed on tobacco, while holding their hands out for the revenue. Should smoking be banned?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The latest political opinion poll for 2013 is released, the first of many in this federal election year. John Stanley reveals why it will be the western suburbs of Sydney where this election will be fought and won.
Should we increase the Newstart allowance? Tim Webster discusses further the issue raised this week on those struggling to survive on $35 a day, and our attention now drawn to those disadvantaged in our suburbs.
Johannes, maybe we should impose a junk food tax so as to encourage people to eat more natural foods. Our farmers might appreciate the extra business. I'd be interested to hear what others think. Do you have an issue with people being made accountable for the bum decisions they have taken?James W Tuesday 8 January, 2013 - 6:46 AM
James W, I suppose you want user pays for ALL medical. I bet you`d baulk at a fat tax, an AIDs tax, dog tax or junk food tax, each of which cost our hospitals and govt. dearly.Johannes Monday 7 January, 2013 - 6:05 PM
Mean spirited types would hardly donate to others, would they now, Juliarrr?James W Monday 7 January, 2013 - 10:47 AM
James W you are a typical mean spirited Labor hypocrite. Labor are donating our taxes to countries who clearly hate Australia. Labor has thrown-away, countless $Billions of dollars. Labor are wastefully making huge donations which should naturally be used for our own suffering needy people here. Cigs should be banned from sale, because they are poisonous and are poisoning people full stop. Bottom line-desperate hypocrites, Labor are always looking for more ways to tax people, even our bloody damned poor...JULIARRR Sunday 6 January, 2013 - 9:23 PM
The REAL cost of smoking should be factored into every pack of cancer sticks so that the user pays. This levy can change as fast as fuel prices if necessary to cover costs. Govt should be prevented from vacuuming this money from its intended destination of Heath care. Annual permits to smoke should be sold and smokers should show their permits to purchase the drug. This would help shut down new smokers joining the roundabout.Danny Dix Sunday 6 January, 2013 - 10:32 AM
While they`re at it, a bigger tax on gambling, alcohol, pet food and lotteries would help tax revenue too.
More dog bite victims than smoking illnesses in our hospitals mean the govt. could be on a winner here.Johannes Friday 4 January, 2013 - 10:43 PM