- Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill
- Sydney suffering too many councils
- PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin
- Bob Carr: vote vindicates Aussie seat
- Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person'
- Court delay on Roger Rogerson case
- MH17: Putin behind the attack?
- The Whisper: lineup to be a Knight?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ANGRY RATEPAYERS... on Sydney suffering too many councils Just got the big IPART $$$rate slug from useless, arrogant Holroyd/Merrylands council and what a complete joke this council ... more
- Terence on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Sorry John,I listened to that powderpuff of an interview this morning with Senator Lambie."Would a male MP get the same ... more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? Smoking gun, President Putin's body language speaks volumes, he is obviously as guilty as sin and he needs to be dealt with. ... more
- Chris Teller on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Jacqui Lambie is not exactly stacked so I would not bother taking a second look unless she had breast enhancements. more
- Greg O on Has the PM finally found his voice? I hope so. He has the ability but the time for him to make it look like he has it is well and truly overdue. more
- Greg O on Why do we need childcare subsidies This is getting ridiculous. What is next? Perhaps Government assistance for old blokes like me to go on fishing trips. ... more
- Cleangirl on Why do we need childcare subsidies Either give ALL mothers money or at least means test for low incomers. Why are we encouraging people to outsource their ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? One analogy you forgot to make is - what would Jacqui Lambie have said about Tony Abbott if he described his preferences and ... more
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 Putin eh! Just look at the face and the eyes embedded in it! A stark appearance/psysiognamy as cold and frozen like the ... more
- GOOD GOD...JESUS on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 I saw them devils on television throwing dead humans in body bags around like bags of potatoes. Russian President Putin and ... more
- VODKA on Flight MH 17: bring them home As soon as this damned evil happened the world should of immediately responded and taken the initiative, deploying elite ... more
- Craig on One man to blame for MH17 tragedy You fluoridated, brain dead idiots, It's America that needs a war not Russia. Keep on believing the American version of ... more
- Tony on PM fails to get bounce in polls This makes no sence! Abbott makes Rudd/Gillard/Rudd look like ostriches with their head stuck in the sand. Finally a PM who ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on PM fails to get bounce in polls The survey was obviously conducted in the die-hard labor party electorates. You know, the ones that say "I vote labuh ... more
Cigarette tax increases to repeat?
The government is typically hypocritical about cigarette smokers. Tim Webster on repeated tax increases to be imposed on tobacco, while holding their hands out for the revenue. Should smoking be banned?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The latest political opinion poll for 2013 is released, the first of many in this federal election year. John Stanley reveals why it will be the western suburbs of Sydney where this election will be fought and won.
Should we increase the Newstart allowance? Tim Webster discusses further the issue raised this week on those struggling to survive on $35 a day, and our attention now drawn to those disadvantaged in our suburbs.
Johannes, maybe we should impose a junk food tax so as to encourage people to eat more natural foods. Our farmers might appreciate the extra business. I'd be interested to hear what others think. Do you have an issue with people being made accountable for the bum decisions they have taken?James W Tuesday 8 January, 2013 - 6:46 AM
James W, I suppose you want user pays for ALL medical. I bet you`d baulk at a fat tax, an AIDs tax, dog tax or junk food tax, each of which cost our hospitals and govt. dearly.Johannes Monday 7 January, 2013 - 6:05 PM
Mean spirited types would hardly donate to others, would they now, Juliarrr?James W Monday 7 January, 2013 - 10:47 AM
James W you are a typical mean spirited Labor hypocrite. Labor are donating our taxes to countries who clearly hate Australia. Labor has thrown-away, countless $Billions of dollars. Labor are wastefully making huge donations which should naturally be used for our own suffering needy people here. Cigs should be banned from sale, because they are poisonous and are poisoning people full stop. Bottom line-desperate hypocrites, Labor are always looking for more ways to tax people, even our bloody damned poor...JULIARRR Sunday 6 January, 2013 - 9:23 PM
The REAL cost of smoking should be factored into every pack of cancer sticks so that the user pays. This levy can change as fast as fuel prices if necessary to cover costs. Govt should be prevented from vacuuming this money from its intended destination of Heath care. Annual permits to smoke should be sold and smokers should show their permits to purchase the drug. This would help shut down new smokers joining the roundabout.Danny Dix Sunday 6 January, 2013 - 10:32 AM
While they`re at it, a bigger tax on gambling, alcohol, pet food and lotteries would help tax revenue too.
More dog bite victims than smoking illnesses in our hospitals mean the govt. could be on a winner here.Johannes Friday 4 January, 2013 - 10:43 PM