- Time for serious debate on euthanasia
- Bus crash kills one injures dozens
- Sydney median house price: $800,000
- Treatment for back pain a placebo
- Downward spiral of dealing drugs
- Abbott copping Senate body blows
- John & Garry: Let the games begin
- Commonwealth Games in Glasgow
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on MH17: the long journey home A heartfelt thank you to the Netherlands in appreciation for finally giving some dignity to the victims of flight MH17. more
- Greta on New Times for Weekend Shows Fantastic to hear Tim coming on earlier - love his show, has interesting segments, would love to hear more of the gardening ... more
- NOT A GOOD LOOK... on The Whisper: lineup to be a Knight? How hypocritical and pretentious is that staunch republican ex-Governor General, Ms. Quentin Bryce. She jumped at Tony ... more
- WAKE UP AUSTRALIA on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Our moronic politicians get shabbier everyday, they obviously have no class. This is clearly a recipe for disaster! more
- 1959 GRANGE... on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill Obviously dying, suffering people with cancer urgently need medicinal cannabis and our constant support! In America they ... more
- ANGRY RATEPAYERS... on Sydney suffering too many councils Just got the big IPART $$$rate slug from useless, arrogant Holroyd/Merrylands council and what a complete joke this council ... more
- Terence on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Sorry John,I listened to that powderpuff of an interview this morning with Senator Lambie."Would a male MP get the same ... more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? Smoking gun, President Putin's body language speaks volumes, he is obviously as guilty as sin and he needs to be dealt with. ... more
- Chris Teller on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Jacqui Lambie is not exactly stacked so I would not bother taking a second look unless she had breast enhancements. more
- Keith A Tudor on UN unanimous vote on MH17 @Get Real - an excellent comment indeed. Putin sadly is not a leaders'bootlace. Just look at the face on it and the eyes ... more
- Greg O on Has the PM finally found his voice? I hope so. He has the ability but the time for him to make it look like he has it is well and truly overdue. more
- Greg O on Why do we need childcare subsidies This is getting ridiculous. What is next? Perhaps Government assistance for old blokes like me to go on fishing trips. ... more
- Cleangirl on Why do we need childcare subsidies Either give ALL mothers money or at least means test for low incomers. Why are we encouraging people to outsource their ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? One analogy you forgot to make is - what would Jacqui Lambie have said about Tony Abbott if he described his preferences and ... more
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
Citizens neglected over foreign aid?
Are our aged citizens neglected to assist nations elsewhere? Jason Morrison lon our foreign aid and the senior citizen left for hours at a hospital and told to urinate in the bed because the system was too busy.
We throw money around to be on the UN, but our priorities are right here at home and under our nose.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Sydney's St. Vincents Hospital has launched an investigation into claims an 89-year-old woman was told urinate in her bed without a pan.
The woman was also left on a trolley for six hours in the emergency department at the weekend.
Her daughter has told the ABC, her mother has been left traumatised.
Jason Morrison questions our priorities when at Christmas Island there is food being dumped because there is too much of it at due by dates, yet charities cry out for assistance to help those in need.
Pyes Creek in Castle Hill has been turned red by pollution. Paul Murray with Hornsby Mayor Steve Russell on the cause of the pollution. It's a timely reminder to be wary what we dump down our drains across the city.
@Terence, I do not pretend to be anything, do you want my service numbers from my 6 years in the Navy and 3 in the Army, the only one thing you said right is we are a "leading perfomer" hats off to our men and woman who use inferior equipment why you and your mates pander to people who dislike us intently.Turnbull is a Goldman Sach's stooge and is the last person if I were a Liberal party stooge to be in charge of anything let alone treasury. I am for Australia first,second and third. So have a re-think old mate and cheers Luigi.Craig Sunday 7 October, 2012 - 7:48 PM
@Luigi (now not just without the degrees but the T Cassimitis has disappeared as well, as has any semblance of logic from you), unlike a stooge like you, I don't care about the parties. I only go by issues and I like to expose partisan troll.
You have abused me but not challenged any of my retorts or arguments. So who is the clown here?Terrence Saturday 6 October, 2012 - 9:20 PM
@Craig - a true comment indeed. This Terrence joker is simply a myopic damned front man for the failed, now defunct labor party. Put a monkey up as its leader and clowns like him will vote for it regardless! Hence the abject mess our beloved country is in today!!!Luigi Saturday 6 October, 2012 - 7:16 AM
@Craig, it is easy to say on the web that I am an ex-serviceman so believe me over the facts. What we can see from our posts here is that you are a Lieberal party stooge.
The fact that Australia is the top performing country in the western world is based on what all other countries and international organisations, AND ALL TOP THREE rating agencies in the world. It is hard for a Lieberal stooge to accept that but it happens to be a fact nonetheless.
I am not particularly fond of Wayne Swan. However compared to his alternative on the other side he is head and shoulders above as Treasurer. It could change if only they let Turnbull take over the portfolio instead of the incomptent Hockey.Terrence Friday 5 October, 2012 - 7:49 PM
@Craig, it is easy to pretend you are an ex-serviceman on the web. Your pronouncements betray that you are a Lieberal party stooge. Your "facts" come out of the Jones/Abbott gloomy tales. That Australia is the leading performer among western countries is a fact recognised ALL AROUND THE WORLD, not just by countries and other international organisations but also by all the three major rating agencies.
I don't like Wayne Swan much as a person but as a Treasurer he seems to be a lot better than anyone the other side has been able to produce. Perhaps if they give the treasury portfolio to Turnbull things might change, otherwise the holes will just keep getting bigger for Abbott.Terrence Friday 5 October, 2012 - 10:45 AM
@Terence, you know about the military then ?I am an ex serviceman and my son is currently serving, my facts are right. Our national interests,not very poor,we are one of the wealthiest?Mate you must be taking whatever Wayne Swan is taking.Craig Thursday 4 October, 2012 - 10:16 PM