- John & Garry: Let the games begin
- Commonwealth Games in Glasgow
- Mortgage war: should you fix?
- MH17: the long journey home
- Joe Hockey wanted tougher budget?
- Sharina Live on Stage at Sydney RSL
- HMAS Darwin: Aussie pride at sea
- Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greta on New Times for Weekend Shows Fantastic to hear Tim coming on earlier - love his show, has interesting segments, would love to hear more of the gardening ... more
- NOT A GOOD LOOK... on The Whisper: lineup to be a Knight? How hypocritical and pretentious is that staunch republican ex-Governor General, Ms. Quentin Bryce. She jumped at Tony ... more
- WAKE UP AUSTRALIA on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Our moronic politicians get shabbier everyday, they obviously have no class. This is clearly a recipe for disaster! more
- 1959 GRANGE... on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill Obviously dying, suffering people with cancer urgently need medicinal cannabis and our constant support! In America they ... more
- ANGRY RATEPAYERS... on Sydney suffering too many councils Just got the big IPART $$$rate slug from useless, arrogant Holroyd/Merrylands council and what a complete joke this council ... more
- Terence on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Sorry John,I listened to that powderpuff of an interview this morning with Senator Lambie."Would a male MP get the same ... more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? Smoking gun, President Putin's body language speaks volumes, he is obviously as guilty as sin and he needs to be dealt with. ... more
- Chris Teller on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Jacqui Lambie is not exactly stacked so I would not bother taking a second look unless she had breast enhancements. more
- Keith A Tudor on UN unanimous vote on MH17 @Get Real - an excellent comment indeed. Putin sadly is not a leaders'bootlace. Just look at the face on it and the eyes ... more
- Greg O on Has the PM finally found his voice? I hope so. He has the ability but the time for him to make it look like he has it is well and truly overdue. more
- Greg O on Why do we need childcare subsidies This is getting ridiculous. What is next? Perhaps Government assistance for old blokes like me to go on fishing trips. ... more
- Cleangirl on Why do we need childcare subsidies Either give ALL mothers money or at least means test for low incomers. Why are we encouraging people to outsource their ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? One analogy you forgot to make is - what would Jacqui Lambie have said about Tony Abbott if he described his preferences and ... more
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 Putin eh! Just look at the face and the eyes embedded in it! A stark appearance/psysiognamy as cold and frozen like the ... more
Class warfare: Labor take on billionaires?
Tim Shaw speaks with shareholder activist Stephen Mayne about whether Treasurer Wayne Swan hates rich Aussies and the power they wield. Also, will Bob Carr will be a successful and effective Foreign Minister?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
What gets me is that 60% of the coal profits are shipped over seas, plus 100% of our minerals will be gone in 80-100yrs at the current rate of extraction, plus China owns a lot of the mines to start with, so they are getting minerals at cost and remove the middleman. I would like to see all mines to 100% Australian government owned, 100% of profits soaked back into infrastructure, Like in Japan where they made a Airport Island in the ocean, Something like that we could use in Sydney harbor, and forget about moving the second terminal 25-50km away, really how much carbon will be produced by drivers being sent 25-50 away from where they need to be!
Jeffjeff Thursday 8 March, 2012 - 10:08 AM
Thats it Labor, pick a fight with an easy target and we`ll love you, sorry, you need to hit somewhere that builds up Australia not keep tearing us down. How many Billions are you and the Greens wasting every day.John Sydney Wednesday 7 March, 2012 - 9:25 PM
The billionaires saved us from the GFC ? gee Remo what are you smoking share it around sonPeter Wednesday 7 March, 2012 - 12:09 PM
Is Wayne Swan kidding ? Whats he think of Kev`s partner Ms Rein making all that money from the previous fed. govt. with her employment companies, last I heard she took $167mill from taxpayers in profit getting jobs for people, now thats a rort that needs looking into Mr Swan.John A Tuesday 6 March, 2012 - 10:17 PM
Swan is really a goose!! The "billionaires" saved Australia from the GFC. Certainly not that stupid idiot Swan. Labor's counter-productive swooning swan. He needs to unreservedly apologize for his silly unprofessional outbursts. Resign and get a job in Woolies packing shelves, sweeping the floor at nights.Remo Tuesday 6 March, 2012 - 7:14 PM
This so called joker, Wayne Swan has been elsewhere correctly awarded the mantle of Australia's most useless double speak Dill. Never had a real job or responsibilities - just a grovelling mouthpiece for the most useless, rotten, failed labor party.Justin J Tuesday 6 March, 2012 - 6:36 PM