- Fire takes hold at Barangaroo
- Reg Livermore: stage royalty in Oz
- A captivating life with orangutans
- Hotseat: mum's group discrimination?
- Where is the internet headed?
- Teacher charged with indecent assault
- Sports Today: clash of heavyweights
- Felipe Massa Grand Prix favourite?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gary on Sydney's worst traffic snarl spots? I would like to nominate Bankstown, Stacey St from the M5 to the Hume Highway which is a total bottle neck, every day. A 5 ... more
- Jester4212 on Hotseat: mum's group discrimination? I think it *should* be ok. But like Dicko says, would it be ok to start an 'Anglo-Aussie mums' group? I think there would ... more
- Samuel J on How will credit changes affect you? How utterly stupid are the minions who brought this into play. Don't they realise people work longer today, travel more, ... more
- Jester4212 on Late doctors should give discounts? Agreed, very good point. Even appointments I've had first thing in the morning have been met with delay as the doctor has ... more
- Cleangirl on Buy local: vote with your wallet New car buyers cringed at buying an Australian car, so I`m glad they`ll at least buy Australian fruit from Coca-Cola Amital. more
- David Hoffman on Is terrorism behind missing plane? I am looking at this event through the lens of being a lifelong student of human behaviour. I know enough to believe that, ... more
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
Class warfare: Labor take on billionaires?
Tim Shaw speaks with shareholder activist Stephen Mayne about whether Treasurer Wayne Swan hates rich Aussies and the power they wield. Also, will Bob Carr will be a successful and effective Foreign Minister?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
What gets me is that 60% of the coal profits are shipped over seas, plus 100% of our minerals will be gone in 80-100yrs at the current rate of extraction, plus China owns a lot of the mines to start with, so they are getting minerals at cost and remove the middleman. I would like to see all mines to 100% Australian government owned, 100% of profits soaked back into infrastructure, Like in Japan where they made a Airport Island in the ocean, Something like that we could use in Sydney harbor, and forget about moving the second terminal 25-50km away, really how much carbon will be produced by drivers being sent 25-50 away from where they need to be!
Jeffjeff Thursday 8 March, 2012 - 10:08 AM
Thats it Labor, pick a fight with an easy target and we`ll love you, sorry, you need to hit somewhere that builds up Australia not keep tearing us down. How many Billions are you and the Greens wasting every day.John Sydney Wednesday 7 March, 2012 - 9:25 PM
The billionaires saved us from the GFC ? gee Remo what are you smoking share it around sonPeter Wednesday 7 March, 2012 - 12:09 PM
Is Wayne Swan kidding ? Whats he think of Kev`s partner Ms Rein making all that money from the previous fed. govt. with her employment companies, last I heard she took $167mill from taxpayers in profit getting jobs for people, now thats a rort that needs looking into Mr Swan.John A Tuesday 6 March, 2012 - 10:17 PM
Swan is really a goose!! The "billionaires" saved Australia from the GFC. Certainly not that stupid idiot Swan. Labor's counter-productive swooning swan. He needs to unreservedly apologize for his silly unprofessional outbursts. Resign and get a job in Woolies packing shelves, sweeping the floor at nights.Remo Tuesday 6 March, 2012 - 7:14 PM
This so called joker, Wayne Swan has been elsewhere correctly awarded the mantle of Australia's most useless double speak Dill. Never had a real job or responsibilities - just a grovelling mouthpiece for the most useless, rotten, failed labor party.Justin J Tuesday 6 March, 2012 - 6:36 PM