- Jacob Borg wins the Citroen DS3
- Mike Baird now 44th NSW Premier
- Gary O'Callaghan on Talk Back Radio
- If those were my kids, I'd...
- Barry O'Farrell takes to Twitter
- Have you met the royal couple?
- Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks?
- Looking back on O'Farrell the man
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alan J on Mike Baird set to become Premier Barry appeared spooked? Why did he panic? more
- Tangled Web on No alternative but for Barry to resign? @Shaun...Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever ... more
- Harry on Would you like us to be a republic? @adriano you sound a little confused, don't let the facts get in your way. The IMF have directed bankrupt England to print ... more
- Tangled Web on Mike Baird set to become Premier Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever receiving ... more
- adriano on Would you like us to be a republic? Harry is the most popular uk name mohammed is only number 19.Also steve you are wrong about the UK economy.It will rise by ... more
- David on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Barry did the right thing to resign, but given the timing of the events surrounding the bottle delivery, anyone could have ... more
- davo on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Of course they like australia .WE HAVE FOOTED THE BILL for their trip! more
- Samuel J on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I believe O'Farrell had a genuine memory lapse! And his ambushing by Watson SC of ICAC has not proven corruption either on ... more
- Shaun on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Premier O'Farrel deserves a second chance. Why don't we bring him back? more
- Robert on Have you lost faith in politicians? Lost faith?! Are you joking?!I stopped voting years ago. I hand in informal votes.Once you find out about the new world ... more
- Robert on Would you like us to be a republic? A Republic yes but DONT change the flag. more
- Tangled Web on Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed? Apparently our movers & shakers want a cashless society? What happens when the whole system crashes? It would be chaotic ... more
- Cleangirl on Would you like us to be a republic? Can ANYONE name a Republic or republic model better than what we have ? Do we choose from any of the African models ? or ... more
- Angela Coombes on Have you lost faith in politicians? Well this Robertson joker has not got the credentials to give advice - given the record of his utterly failed, absolutely ... more
- Julie on Pension age to be lifted to 70? The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Julie on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Angela Coombes on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation @Jaydee you are 1000% correct. However, I believe in the case of O'Farrell he would have received gifts on his appointment ... more
- Athol on No alternative but for Barry to resign? I can see little old wine drinker Barry, being gifted a very lucrative cushy job aboard Tony Abbott's hasty new airport ... more
- Konrad H. on Have you lost faith in politicians? Iffy Barry O'Farrell is apparently no good, however iffy John Robertson is arguably even worse. Hypocrite Robertson is ... more
- Sam on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Affection for Australia? How nice! But I hope they don't have that very same affection that they were supposed to have for ... more
Close down clubs and pubs early?
Two Murrays with Paul Nicolaou, NSW CEO of the Australian Hotels Association about street crime in Sydney suburbs. Is it fuelled by alcohol? Should there be earlier closing times for pubs and clubs?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The dangers of alcohol could be highlighted in a "Grim Reaper" style campaign, after a suggestion at a forum into violence in Kings Cross. Jason Morrison discusses what he heard and saw at the meeting.
2UE APP: Two Murrays received an email via the app from Scott Goodwin, a police officer in Sweden who reveals he is a huge fan. They seek his views on our current issues with Kings Cross and how things are done there.
Stop serving alcohol at 1000pm & then only coffee, tea & soft drinks.
Stay open all night then.phil Wednesday 25 July, 2012 - 6:18 PM
I'd go further and electronically tag all repeat offenders. That way authorities could easily ban them from certain areas and randomly placed scanners could detect those who intrude.
The times when offenders are at large in public places could also be controlled.
Pedophiles could be kept clear of schools etc, problem drinkers don't get past entry doors to clubs and pubs, a phone app could warn the public when a potentially dangerous person is within blue tooth range. A person behaving suspiciously could be remotely scanned to check for any prior offences. As the system matured and the majority of societys repeat perpetrators have been internally tagged, offenders could easily be identified as being at the scene of crimes. There must come a time when the civil rights of society at large over ride those of the growing throng of louts and criminals that endanger your children and loved ones.Danny Dix Sunday 22 July, 2012 - 11:08 AM
The cure will be to resume trading times from yesteryear ie. shut the joints down at 6.00pm. Re-open at 7.00pm. Then shut them down at 10-00pm with the drunks being poured into the gutter by security staff and collected and locked up in cells by police. Discharged the following morning on payment of $200 fine. That should fix this out of control drunken nonsense!!Luigi T Cassimatis Friday 20 July, 2012 - 7:50 AM
Pubs should close at 12PM but Clubs should be allowed to go on until 6AM.
You can not have both pubs and clubs closing together otherwise theres a flood of people onto the streets when they close.
And you can not have clubs closing before 6AM if Sydney is going to have a night life that is appealing to tourists.Robert Friday 20 July, 2012 - 5:18 AM
Yes. Bring back the days of 6.00pm closing time and re-open 7.00pm. But the drunks from the earlier session are not to be admitted. Then come 10.00pm shut it all down until the next day. The right thinking community has had enough of these piss heads roaming and pissing in our streets. Time for radical change Mr O'Farrell. We've had enough.Jonathon L Benson Thursday 19 July, 2012 - 5:11 PM