- Burqa ban only for parliament house?
- More hotspots for Wi Fi in Sydney
- Who will win the NRL Grand Final?
- Should we extend daylights savings?
- Fuel theft adding to petrol costs
- Do you like Daylight Savings?
- Nominate the worst road in Sydney
- Sydney Good Food Month begins
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Join the Q Society on Drivers oblivious to their surrounds Most drivers are also oblivious to the road rules!http://www.youtube.com/dashcam55 more
- derbyiter on Tax: companies paying a fair share Well, that's the business end of TOWN,TAKEN CARE OF NOW !So, " WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO NOW DO THE SAME THING ON OUR FAT ... more
- The game changer on George Piggins: being too stubborn? South Sydney is a great part of a great city and a great state. South Sydney is a great football club. Unfortunately the ... more
- Keith Hanby on Price Hike: Reserve Our Gas It is about time the government of this country stuck up for this country anddo something to protect us,not other countrys. more
- James W on Tax: companies paying a fair share Us salary and wage earners are the plebs that will be footing the thick end of the repayment of stimulis debt whilst ... more
- GREED on Price Hike: Reserve Our Gas Prices used to be stable for over (10) ten years, now we are being gouged for nearly everything? Just because they can do ... more
- RATES ROADS & RUBBISH on North Sydney council suspension? Ditto inept, out of touch Holroyd Council, a bunch of losers looking for a green cause. The coming "amalgamation" will not ... more
- des polson on George Piggins: being too stubborn? Get off George's back. Has he not done enough for the club. We would not be talking about a 21st premiership if it was not ... more
- Gary Anderson on Ice devastating Sydney families The best way to tackle the ice problem is legalise marijuana, have very good education about oral cannabis use and ... more
- Ben on Landmark case on Free Range eggs I feel so sorry for all those poor chickens and I am disgusted that humans are such swines and think it is ok to do that to ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Lower the voting age to 16? For the best results, voting should be for mature, objective people only, who know how to critically think, the age should ... more
- Kevin on Gillard interview a tacky TV ad? Evidently Julia Gillard is a very troubled female of no substance and her darling Ray Martin hates the Australian flag? more
- Tejas on Testing 85c Bread - does it bounce? I didnt even know about that bounce test. But no surprise. Cheap is not always good. I wouldn't buy it. White bread is ... more
- Samuel J on Teen terror suspect had big plans? The ISIS and/or ISIL black rotten damned flag ought to be banned and anyone displaying it in Australia should be either ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Labor in lockstep over fighting ISIL We never learn by history do we? So why do we keep having ourselves on...fighting is in bred in these people, it has been ... more
- Cleangirl on Facing the unknowns in Middle East Ask Australian Moderates what if anything we should do to stop I.S. and then ask them what we should do with those returning ... more
- Join the Q Society on Climate: are we serious enough? I am still waiting for someone to out the mongrels that caused the climate change that produced the evil fossil fuels!The ... more
- Craig on Facing the unknowns in Middle East These actions are not about bringing peace.This war will go longer than any war in history and it has not even been declared ... more
- Craig on Climate: are we serious enough? No we are not serious enough, let's price electricity out the realm of everyone from the so called"middle" class down. ... more
- Vince on New terror laws to prohibit torture Torture sounds rather humane compared to what these bastards are dishing out overseas. more
Close down clubs and pubs early?
Two Murrays with Paul Nicolaou, NSW CEO of the Australian Hotels Association about street crime in Sydney suburbs. Is it fuelled by alcohol? Should there be earlier closing times for pubs and clubs?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The dangers of alcohol could be highlighted in a "Grim Reaper" style campaign, after a suggestion at a forum into violence in Kings Cross. Jason Morrison discusses what he heard and saw at the meeting.
2UE APP: Two Murrays received an email via the app from Scott Goodwin, a police officer in Sweden who reveals he is a huge fan. They seek his views on our current issues with Kings Cross and how things are done there.
Stop serving alcohol at 1000pm & then only coffee, tea & soft drinks.
Stay open all night then.phil Wednesday 25 July, 2012 - 6:18 PM
I'd go further and electronically tag all repeat offenders. That way authorities could easily ban them from certain areas and randomly placed scanners could detect those who intrude.
The times when offenders are at large in public places could also be controlled.
Pedophiles could be kept clear of schools etc, problem drinkers don't get past entry doors to clubs and pubs, a phone app could warn the public when a potentially dangerous person is within blue tooth range. A person behaving suspiciously could be remotely scanned to check for any prior offences. As the system matured and the majority of societys repeat perpetrators have been internally tagged, offenders could easily be identified as being at the scene of crimes. There must come a time when the civil rights of society at large over ride those of the growing throng of louts and criminals that endanger your children and loved ones.Danny Dix Sunday 22 July, 2012 - 11:08 AM
The cure will be to resume trading times from yesteryear ie. shut the joints down at 6.00pm. Re-open at 7.00pm. Then shut them down at 10-00pm with the drunks being poured into the gutter by security staff and collected and locked up in cells by police. Discharged the following morning on payment of $200 fine. That should fix this out of control drunken nonsense!!Luigi T Cassimatis Friday 20 July, 2012 - 7:50 AM
Pubs should close at 12PM but Clubs should be allowed to go on until 6AM.
You can not have both pubs and clubs closing together otherwise theres a flood of people onto the streets when they close.
And you can not have clubs closing before 6AM if Sydney is going to have a night life that is appealing to tourists.Robert Friday 20 July, 2012 - 5:18 AM
Yes. Bring back the days of 6.00pm closing time and re-open 7.00pm. But the drunks from the earlier session are not to be admitted. Then come 10.00pm shut it all down until the next day. The right thinking community has had enough of these piss heads roaming and pissing in our streets. Time for radical change Mr O'Farrell. We've had enough.Jonathon L Benson Thursday 19 July, 2012 - 5:11 PM