- Church joins Boxing Day retail boycott
- Tolls for every road across Sydney?
- Are you safe around building sites?
- Indian mum group founder speaks out
- Fire takes hold at Barangaroo site
- Reg Livermore: stage royalty in Oz
- A captivating life with orangutans
- Hotseat: mum's group discrimination?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dean on Fire takes hold at Barangaroo site Quick lets close the airport, stop the ferries and evacuate the city just in case this thing kicks up some dust. No such ... more
- Gary on Sydney's worst traffic snarl spots? I would like to nominate Bankstown, Stacey St from the M5 to the Hume Highway which is a total bottle neck, every day. A 5 ... more
- Jester4212 on Hotseat: mum's group discrimination? I think it *should* be ok. But like Dicko says, would it be ok to start an 'Anglo-Aussie mums' group? I think there would ... more
- Samuel J on How will credit changes affect you? How utterly stupid are the minions who brought this into play. Don't they realise people work longer today, travel more, ... more
- Jester4212 on Late doctors should give discounts? Agreed, very good point. Even appointments I've had first thing in the morning have been met with delay as the doctor has ... more
- Cleangirl on Buy local: vote with your wallet New car buyers cringed at buying an Australian car, so I`m glad they`ll at least buy Australian fruit from Coca-Cola Amital. more
- David Hoffman on Is terrorism behind missing plane? I am looking at this event through the lens of being a lifelong student of human behaviour. I know enough to believe that, ... more
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
Close down clubs and pubs early?
Two Murrays with Paul Nicolaou, NSW CEO of the Australian Hotels Association about street crime in Sydney suburbs. Is it fuelled by alcohol? Should there be earlier closing times for pubs and clubs?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The dangers of alcohol could be highlighted in a "Grim Reaper" style campaign, after a suggestion at a forum into violence in Kings Cross. Jason Morrison discusses what he heard and saw at the meeting.
2UE APP: Two Murrays received an email via the app from Scott Goodwin, a police officer in Sweden who reveals he is a huge fan. They seek his views on our current issues with Kings Cross and how things are done there.
Stop serving alcohol at 1000pm & then only coffee, tea & soft drinks.
Stay open all night then.phil Wednesday 25 July, 2012 - 6:18 PM
I'd go further and electronically tag all repeat offenders. That way authorities could easily ban them from certain areas and randomly placed scanners could detect those who intrude.
The times when offenders are at large in public places could also be controlled.
Pedophiles could be kept clear of schools etc, problem drinkers don't get past entry doors to clubs and pubs, a phone app could warn the public when a potentially dangerous person is within blue tooth range. A person behaving suspiciously could be remotely scanned to check for any prior offences. As the system matured and the majority of societys repeat perpetrators have been internally tagged, offenders could easily be identified as being at the scene of crimes. There must come a time when the civil rights of society at large over ride those of the growing throng of louts and criminals that endanger your children and loved ones.Danny Dix Sunday 22 July, 2012 - 11:08 AM
The cure will be to resume trading times from yesteryear ie. shut the joints down at 6.00pm. Re-open at 7.00pm. Then shut them down at 10-00pm with the drunks being poured into the gutter by security staff and collected and locked up in cells by police. Discharged the following morning on payment of $200 fine. That should fix this out of control drunken nonsense!!Luigi T Cassimatis Friday 20 July, 2012 - 7:50 AM
Pubs should close at 12PM but Clubs should be allowed to go on until 6AM.
You can not have both pubs and clubs closing together otherwise theres a flood of people onto the streets when they close.
And you can not have clubs closing before 6AM if Sydney is going to have a night life that is appealing to tourists.Robert Friday 20 July, 2012 - 5:18 AM
Yes. Bring back the days of 6.00pm closing time and re-open 7.00pm. But the drunks from the earlier session are not to be admitted. Then come 10.00pm shut it all down until the next day. The right thinking community has had enough of these piss heads roaming and pissing in our streets. Time for radical change Mr O'Farrell. We've had enough.Jonathon L Benson Thursday 19 July, 2012 - 5:11 PM