- Anger at teen jihadist's threats
- Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM
- The Whisper: Waste at Tafe
- Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough
- Gough Whitlam: a giant of our time
- Time to help out Ebola regions?
- Too young for homework?
- Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Laura on Accident hotspot: northern beaches Shocking, and thoughts go out to those personally affected; speedy recovery all. But let's have a proper (timely ... more
- Yusuf on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM Brain washed idiots. Lock them up and leave them there for life. more
- yusuf on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A man of real substance. My condolences to his family. more
- Yusuf on The Whisper: where burqa ban began Australia has its own values and freedoms and does not have to follow other countries. There are also examples of other ... more
- TEN FOUR... on Accident hotspot: northern beaches Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on The Whisper: where burqa ban began France saw fit to ban the burqa but "sorry" Australia did not? more
- Raumann Gagnon on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A great leader , a warm friend . Always honest in what he did and said . Faithful to his beliefs and ideas . He shall be ... more
- REALISTIC on Drivers not tested for cocaine use? Well that explains all of the constant madness and road rage etc going on in our streets...so what are our invisible 'police ... more
- THE WEATHER on Perfect storm strikes across Sydney Well its soaking wet and freezing cold, could it be man 'made global warming' in disguise? Without the big dry and the ... more
- Cleangirl on Apologise to a culture of complaint Apologise because someone may choose to take offence ? more
- Join the Q Society on Apologise to a culture of complaint Non offensive T Shirt should have the same wording but with the Islamic State Flag! more
- Patriot on Apologise to a culture of complaint Slick and pretentious Woolworths obviously lack charisma and they lack credibility too. Woolworths will lose even more ... more
- Tanya on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets What a lot of utter BS, When the Greens don't like something you know its OK. When has the truth become "Totally ... more
- WHAT POLICE? on Sydney violence a generation thing? Excuses, excuses! Amazingly even with record police numbers, it is a struggle to find our invisible police force i.e. huge ... more
- Troy on Hillsong, more than just a church So tired of hearing from this woman anytime Hillsong is mentioned. She hasn't been there in well over a decade. She couldn't ... more
- Mr Creepy on Are 'fun police' banning everything? We have all seen it. A poodle mounts the leg of a bigger dog. The expression on the poodles face is a little amusing, a ... more
- Voluptuous Hypothesis on Sydney to bathe in blood moon? Just in time to watch the moon die. Blood moon exsanguinated. Eclipse reached totality. Here, north of Dallas, the moon ... more
- Cleangirl on Labor Party 'Headed for the rocks' Labor has to stop the Left-wing senseless rhetoric, and start looking out for the workers, their families and get some ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane It was reported that Islamic State agents are travelling in fours with false passports, posing as refugees to enter Europe! ... more
Close down clubs and pubs early?
Two Murrays with Paul Nicolaou, NSW CEO of the Australian Hotels Association about street crime in Sydney suburbs. Is it fuelled by alcohol? Should there be earlier closing times for pubs and clubs?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The dangers of alcohol could be highlighted in a "Grim Reaper" style campaign, after a suggestion at a forum into violence in Kings Cross. Jason Morrison discusses what he heard and saw at the meeting.
2UE APP: Two Murrays received an email via the app from Scott Goodwin, a police officer in Sweden who reveals he is a huge fan. They seek his views on our current issues with Kings Cross and how things are done there.
Stop serving alcohol at 1000pm & then only coffee, tea & soft drinks.
Stay open all night then.phil Wednesday 25 July, 2012 - 6:18 PM
I'd go further and electronically tag all repeat offenders. That way authorities could easily ban them from certain areas and randomly placed scanners could detect those who intrude.
The times when offenders are at large in public places could also be controlled.
Pedophiles could be kept clear of schools etc, problem drinkers don't get past entry doors to clubs and pubs, a phone app could warn the public when a potentially dangerous person is within blue tooth range. A person behaving suspiciously could be remotely scanned to check for any prior offences. As the system matured and the majority of societys repeat perpetrators have been internally tagged, offenders could easily be identified as being at the scene of crimes. There must come a time when the civil rights of society at large over ride those of the growing throng of louts and criminals that endanger your children and loved ones.Danny Dix Sunday 22 July, 2012 - 11:08 AM
The cure will be to resume trading times from yesteryear ie. shut the joints down at 6.00pm. Re-open at 7.00pm. Then shut them down at 10-00pm with the drunks being poured into the gutter by security staff and collected and locked up in cells by police. Discharged the following morning on payment of $200 fine. That should fix this out of control drunken nonsense!!Luigi T Cassimatis Friday 20 July, 2012 - 7:50 AM
Pubs should close at 12PM but Clubs should be allowed to go on until 6AM.
You can not have both pubs and clubs closing together otherwise theres a flood of people onto the streets when they close.
And you can not have clubs closing before 6AM if Sydney is going to have a night life that is appealing to tourists.Robert Friday 20 July, 2012 - 5:18 AM
Yes. Bring back the days of 6.00pm closing time and re-open 7.00pm. But the drunks from the earlier session are not to be admitted. Then come 10.00pm shut it all down until the next day. The right thinking community has had enough of these piss heads roaming and pissing in our streets. Time for radical change Mr O'Farrell. We've had enough.Jonathon L Benson Thursday 19 July, 2012 - 5:11 PM