- How to attract the perfect partner?
- Wendy Matthews: Campfire Festival
- Jodi McKay to contest Strathfield
- Too many truck accidents
- The lone wolf: who is watching?
- McSchools for fast food education
- Rabbi's response to Greens Grinch
- Creep filming bums on beaches
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN on Too many truck accidents The police need to get with the times, technology can go a long way in stopping rogue truck drivers and other crime. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Greens Grinch against Christmas @Judith - well said. They are also a band of wanton lunatics that should never be allowed to enter any form of public ... more
- peter on The lone wolf: who is watching? as long as the lone wolf starts at the top and works his way down the food chain it wont affect most Australianspollies then ... more
- MARY CHRISTMAS on Greens Grinch against Christmas So called religious tolerance is only for certain types and certainly not for Christians. Christianity is the most ... more
- Janelle on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens councillor from Woollahra has a point in that the function he is referring to is to be funded by the Woollahra ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on The lone wolf: who is watching? It would not be so bad if there were only "one lone wolf", however these so called lone wolves pop up like mushrooms hidden ... more
- Cleangirl on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens are ruining Australia with their Political Correctness terrorism. more
- Join the Q Society on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Cleangirl has said it all! more
- Join the Q Society on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Local Government Minster should sack this ^&*(%$ person! more
- Leon on Greens Grinch against Christmas You want to celebrate a fairy tale do it at home. I'm sick of the child abuse that comes with brainwashing children. more
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
Close down clubs and pubs early?
Two Murrays with Paul Nicolaou, NSW CEO of the Australian Hotels Association about street crime in Sydney suburbs. Is it fuelled by alcohol? Should there be earlier closing times for pubs and clubs?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The dangers of alcohol could be highlighted in a "Grim Reaper" style campaign, after a suggestion at a forum into violence in Kings Cross. Jason Morrison discusses what he heard and saw at the meeting.
2UE APP: Two Murrays received an email via the app from Scott Goodwin, a police officer in Sweden who reveals he is a huge fan. They seek his views on our current issues with Kings Cross and how things are done there.
Stop serving alcohol at 1000pm & then only coffee, tea & soft drinks.
Stay open all night then.phil Wednesday 25 July, 2012 - 6:18 PM
I'd go further and electronically tag all repeat offenders. That way authorities could easily ban them from certain areas and randomly placed scanners could detect those who intrude.
The times when offenders are at large in public places could also be controlled.
Pedophiles could be kept clear of schools etc, problem drinkers don't get past entry doors to clubs and pubs, a phone app could warn the public when a potentially dangerous person is within blue tooth range. A person behaving suspiciously could be remotely scanned to check for any prior offences. As the system matured and the majority of societys repeat perpetrators have been internally tagged, offenders could easily be identified as being at the scene of crimes. There must come a time when the civil rights of society at large over ride those of the growing throng of louts and criminals that endanger your children and loved ones.Danny Dix Sunday 22 July, 2012 - 11:08 AM
The cure will be to resume trading times from yesteryear ie. shut the joints down at 6.00pm. Re-open at 7.00pm. Then shut them down at 10-00pm with the drunks being poured into the gutter by security staff and collected and locked up in cells by police. Discharged the following morning on payment of $200 fine. That should fix this out of control drunken nonsense!!Luigi T Cassimatis Friday 20 July, 2012 - 7:50 AM
Pubs should close at 12PM but Clubs should be allowed to go on until 6AM.
You can not have both pubs and clubs closing together otherwise theres a flood of people onto the streets when they close.
And you can not have clubs closing before 6AM if Sydney is going to have a night life that is appealing to tourists.Robert Friday 20 July, 2012 - 5:18 AM
Yes. Bring back the days of 6.00pm closing time and re-open 7.00pm. But the drunks from the earlier session are not to be admitted. Then come 10.00pm shut it all down until the next day. The right thinking community has had enough of these piss heads roaming and pissing in our streets. Time for radical change Mr O'Farrell. We've had enough.Jonathon L Benson Thursday 19 July, 2012 - 5:11 PM