- Have you lost faith in politicians?
- Royal family’s affection for Australia?
- Ralf Fiennes with John & Garry
- No alternative but for Barry to resign?
- Keneally on O’Farrell resignation
- Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier
- Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed?
- Would you like us to be a republic?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Sam on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Affection for Australia? How nice! But I hope they don't have that very same affection that they were supposed to have for ... more
- Hank on No alternative but for Barry to resign? @Ardent Tony is laying it on a little thick? What else has iffy Barry been up to? Funny how Barry suddenly backflipped on ... more
- Tony on No alternative but for Barry to resign? It takes a man with principles to do what so many others on the opposing side of politics would fight tooth and nail to ... more
- Diana Warren on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I heard the interview with John & Gary this morning & was convinced Barry O'Farrel was being honest in his comments. Now ... more
- Les on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation Hardly surprising coming from iffy Barry. It is good to see the ICAC act without fear or favour. more
- Jaydee on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation Sadly politics appears to often attract the wrong kind of people. more
- Angela Coombes on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I trust he doesn't make a bigger mistake and put Gladys Berjiklian in as premier. She has already stuffed up the train ... more
- Tangled Web on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier Just one thing on this "Thankyou Note".This wine was sent to O'Farrell in 2011. That is three years ago. I wonder who it was ... more
- Samuel J on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation What would 'Bambi' know - she headed the monumentally disgraced NSW labor party 'government' which went down the shoot with ... more
- PAULO on Would you like us to be a republic? Unelected,expensive,classist,non transparent !!Australia is independent -helloBd enough being British and having her as head ... more
- PAULO on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I think If I had got an expensive bottle of wine like that i would NEVER forget it!Barry insults our intelligence. more
- kyle on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier Tell you what,that dung head does not remember a 3 Grand Grange and he still wants to be a Premier of NSW.Good riddance. We ... more
- Steve on Would you like us to be a republic? People should keep in mind, that in a once proud and mighty, now bankrupt England, the most popular boy's name is Mohammad. ... more
- Michael on Would you like us to be a republic? I was always against a Republic, but after watching the devious way that hypocrites Tony Abbott and his "heavy lifting" mate ... more
- Kimber on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier Very disappointed in the Prime Minister, just watched him say in a press conference that Barry O'Farrell did the honourable ... more
- Angela Coombes on Would you like us to be a republic? We should retain the monarchy - it has worked well for the system of government in Australia. The only downside is the ... more
- Coasty on What happened to $3,000 Grange? If the bottle of Grange was delivered by a 'courier', then where's the signature? I've been a warehouse and logistics ... more
- Suzanne on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith When those two considerate statesmen, Prime Minister 'honest' John Howard and Treasurer Peter Costello were diligently ... more
- Todd on Russian jet buzzes US warship Theatrical President Barack Hussein Obama and President Vladimir Putin are obviously chalk and cheese. Respected, Putin is a ... more
- John Wan on Badgery's Creek for 2nd Airport Why don't we expand Kingsford Smith Airport by using reclaim land.Kansai international airport is built entirely on reclaim ... more
Commute times are up across Sydney
Stuart Bocking looks at the latest NSW government report that says complaints about the cleanliness and efficiency of trains has risen, as has the time it takes motorists to commute to home in the afternoon.
Releasing the eighth volume of his report to parliament, Auditor-General Peter Archterstraat says while praise of RailCorp has risen 32 per cent, there are still 10 complaints for every compliment.
The largest spike in complaints related to the on-time running and cleanliness of trains.
This year there have been more than 19-hundred complaints about the tidiness of trains, up 405 from 2011.
Meanwhile, complaints about on-time running, rose 17.7 per cent to 3,924 for 2012.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The East Hills, South, Western, Northern via Strathfield, South Coast, Blue Mountains, Southern Highlands, Hunter and Newcastle and Central Coast lines are all operating below the 92 per cent target, according to the report.
The NSW public is dissatisfied with the state and reliability of trains, but jumping into the car for the afternoon commute won't be any better.
Afternoon peak hour speeds on Sydney's biggest roads have slowed by several km/h over the past year.
The biggest impact will be felt by users of the M2-Lane Cove Tunnel/Gore Hill freeway, with average speeds dropping 8 km/h from 60 km/h down to 52 km/h.
The report also found complaints against taxi drivers had risen while compliments fell.
This year there have been 11,380 reports of dissatisfaction against taxi drivers, up from 10,129 in 2011.
There have been 430 compliments made about taxi drivers in 2012, compared with 503 last year.
MAIN POINTS FROM TRANSPORT REPORT
Complaints about trains
Service - Up 8.6 per cent
Ticketing - Up 16.4 per cent
On-time running - Up 17.7 per cent
Staff - Up 1.2 per cent from 3,215 in 2011
Safety - Up 5.9 per cent
Security - Up 13.6 per cent
Cleanliness - Up 26.7 per cent
Total complaints - Up 9.7 per cent
Total compliments - Up 32.1 per cent
Average speed along seven of Sydney's major roads during peak times:
F3/Pacific Highway/F1 - 36km/h in 2012, up from 33km/h in 2011
M2/Lane Cove Tunnel/Gore Hill Freeway - unchanged at 36km/h
M4/Parramatta Road/City West Link - 27km/h up from 25km/h
M5/Eastern Distributor - 38km/h up from 34km/h
Pittwater Road/Military Road/F1 - 24km/h down from 25km/h
Princes Highway - 31km/h up from 29km/h
Victoria Road - 23km/h down from 24km/h
F3/Pacific Highway/F1 - 51km/h down from 54km/h
M2/Lane Cove Tunnel/Gore Hill Freeway - 52km/h down from 60km/h
M4/Parramatta Road/City West Link - 40km/h up from 39km/h
M5/Eastern Distributor - 48km/h down from 51km/h
Pittwater Road/Military Road/F1 - 32km/h down from 35km/h
Princes Highway - 31km/h down from 32km/h
Victoria Road - unchanged at 31km/h
Complaints against taxi drivers - 11,380 in 2012, up from 10,129 in 2011
Compliments for taxi drivers - 430 in 2012, down from 503 in 2011
(Source: NSW Auditor-General's report, volume eight 2012)