- 100th anniversary of the Anzacs
- Do we really need local councils?
- Phil Hughes 'critical' in St Vincents
- What is the cause of autism?
- 106 days looking for a park?
- Ryan Ruffles: a rising golf star
- Palmer moves on from Lambie
- Sydney kids now addicted to meth?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kylie Kelly on Baby found in Quakers Hill drain This will put the pro-abortionists into a frenzy. See how all life is precious, not just the politicians' lives, who ... more
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
Council Election candidate confusion
Local council elections are on this weekend, but does anyone know who or what they're voting for? Jason Morrison on the upcoming election with Dr Richard Stanton and the lack of understanding of candidates.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Gillard government's new national schools reforms want to lift Australian students into the top 5 countries in the world for education. Jason Morrison questions where the funding will come from.
2UE VIDEO: Catherine Britt is one of the most amazing musical gems we have, and maybe yet to be discovered by many. Watch as she performs for Peter Berner Charlestown Road from her album.
@Peter well put: "Keep the confusion going and you will keep the current bunch of morons in office!" it is indeed all about 2 party's Labor and Liberal and you must vote for Liberal, the alternative is not even an option. The other political Labor deceivers [Independent, Green, Social Alliance] are all under the failed Labor socialist umbrella. Vote Liberal and you really will have Liberal for your government!!Maxine M. Monday 3 September, 2012 - 8:19 PM
I vote for who ever i want to. Politicians dont tell me who to vote for,just give me the names on the ballet paper,i will decided who gets my vote defiantly wont be the left.steve Monday 3 September, 2012 - 2:20 PM
Keep the confusion going and you will keep the current bunch of morons in office!Peter Monday 3 September, 2012 - 12:11 PM
In the Woodville Ward of Parramatta City Council I will be confidently voting for Liberal's Steven Issa a fair dinkum honest patriotic Aussie bloke who cares about the bad place Australia is heading under Labor. He despises Labor's disgusting fraudulent carbon dioxide tax rort, a hypocritical needless tax which is further hurting our freezing poor. Sadly, I note all the other thick candidates are completely unworthy, just read their deceiving advertising junk mail and you can easily see that they are counterproductive opportunistic reckless fools who will just keep on jacking up the already too dear council rates and even more taxes. I can see a landslide vote against Labor/Green/Independent who are indeed one. Liberal-Steven Issa is God fearing and very proud of our Aussie flag, the others obviously hate our revered flag and hard fought for sovereignty!ELIZABETH Monday 3 September, 2012 - 11:19 AM
Keep in mind a vote for Independent or Green is another vote for Labor.Kylie Monday 3 September, 2012 - 10:14 AM