- Car crashes into Eastwood home
- Mark Latham on Gillard tell all
- The Whisper: terrorism traffic chaos
- Teenage terror suspect shot dead
- Fighting an unjust criminal history?
- 85 cent bread will cost retailers?
- Sports drinks as bad as soft drink?
- Truck safety now set to go hi-tech
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Labor in lockstep over fighting ISIL We never learn by history do we? So why do we keep having ourselves on...fighting is in bred in these people, it has been ... more
- Cleangirl on Facing the unknowns in Middle East Ask Australian Moderates what if anything we should do to stop I.S. and then ask them what we should do with those returning ... more
- Join the Q Society on Climate: are we serious enough? I am still waiting for someone to out the mongrels that caused the climate change that produced the evil fossil fuels!The ... more
- Craig on Facing the unknowns in Middle East These actions are not about bringing peace.This war will go longer than any war in history and it has not even been declared ... more
- Craig on Climate: are we serious enough? No we are not serious enough, let's price electricity out the realm of everyone from the so called"middle" class down. ... more
- Vince on New terror laws to prohibit torture Torture sounds rather humane compared to what these bastards are dishing out overseas. more
- I propose new Middle East laws on Not in the name of religion 50 years of relentless vicious abuse is enough. I will not stand idly by and allow that abuse to destroy the next generation ... more
- Robert on Not in the name of religion Not about religion? Yeah right. You keep telling yourself that Tim. Its about Islam mate, take the blinkers off. more
- Join the Q Society on Not in the name of religion Tim, this is pure IslamQuran 8:12ShakirWhen your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who ... more
- Davo on Not in the name of religion Nailed it Tim. more
- adam on Should we ban local ISIS flag sales? Justin, the extract below is from Christian News Minute (CNM) I hope it gives you pause for thought.The ISIS flag consists ... more
- The Devils Advocate on Too apathetic to make a change? Neil really wants to say the number plate is an antiemetic racial slur. He is prevented from saying that because he has ... more
- RAKESH ADUK on Too apathetic to make a change? Garry Linnell talks a lot of sense! Whenever I go overseas and see the beautiful Aussie flag, it immediately takes me back ... more
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
Craig Thomson claims of a "set up"
Craig Thomson has denied any use of a credit card to pay for prostitutes when he was an official with the HSU. John Stanley looks at his claims he was set-up by a union rival who threatened to ruin his political ambitions.
He has told the Nine Network's Laurie Oakes somebody else must have used his credit card, driver's license details and used his mobile phone to call the brothel.
Investigative Journalist Kate McClymond speaks with John Stanley about the latest claims.
Jason Morrison says MP Craig Thomson has been caught out by speaking out on the weekend with claims of being set up. Listen as he replays and interview given on 2UE where he contradicts what was claimed with Laurie Oakes.
There can be a little honour in dishonour. Peter Slipper stood down, but up back of parliament sits Craig Thomson. Jason Morrison calls on Barry O'Farrell for a royal commission into HSU member's lost money.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says Queensland's election results are a verdict on all governments that don't tell the truth. He speaks with Paul Murray and why the PM has a credibility problem with voters on Carbon Tax.
The Opposition promises changes to Fair Work Australia if it wins government after its 'delayed' findings into HSU. Senator Eric Abetz says lax governance within trade-unions-has seen the misuse funds on escorts.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
His utterly lame excuses vary from one day to the next. At first blush, he appears to have a degree in defending the indefensible, which leads me to believe that the poor coot has had a mental breakdown over these serious issues involved! Hence the erratic behaviour, spin and gobble-degook we hear every day while this 'newsworthy' nonsense goes on unabated.Sam Tuesday 15 May, 2012 - 5:56 AM
TO THE HONOURABLE THE SPEAKER AND MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
This petition of the citizens of Dobell and the wider Australian community draws to the attention of the house that we the undersigned are disgusted and outraged at the recent findings of the investigation by Fair Work Australia into Mr. Craig Thomson. We believe he is not a fit and proper person to be our Federal Member
We therefore ask the House to respectfully request that Mr. Craig Thomson Federal Member for Dobell resign from Parliament immediately.
Go to Petition to have Craig Thomson to resign.
http://thomsonresign.com/APA Monday 14 May, 2012 - 3:51 PM
So silly Juliar Gillard reckons "let the court decide"?? If I was implausible Craig Thomson's Labor paid lawyers, after that worrying interview with Laurie Oakes. I would be making an insanity plea for mercy. Anybody who goes to such extent to try and wriggle out of this with all that damning evidence in front of him, surely must be mentally ill? Furthermore, Laurie Oakes surprisingly has still got it, although in dribs & drabs. Well done Laurie!Silly Julia Monday 14 May, 2012 - 3:33 PM
And Julia is the last one standing to beleive himJohannes Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:13 AM
Despite Fair Work Australia spending 4 long years investigating Craig Thomson and compiling a very damning comprehensive report like no other, here we have sneaky, lying Julia Gillard still unable, unwilling to make a very easy "judgement"!!! How absurd is Gillard, further insulting the cranky electorate. Julia Gillard must resign too or be booted out.SILLY JULIA Monday 14 May, 2012 - 9:56 AM
What an idiot.
What a liar.
No wonder hes stuck with JuLIAR LIEbor, how well suited they all are!
Thommos interview stated many people in his office had knowledge of his HSU credit card number & his drivers licence number.
Is he saying they just used the numbers?
The credit cards & DL were physically produced at the brothels to put through their manual machine & an imprinted receipt.
There were also photo copies of the DL taken & details then recorded on receipt
It is credit card company procedure to have vendors from these type of establishments to ring them to prevent payment being red flagged & stopped & get it authorised & checks of identity would have asked to authorise this at the CC company.
So the other person who was the brothel creeper must have stolen the credit cards & licence in different places over many years.
How unlucky is Thomson?
FWA Report states records show numerous phone calls from Thomsons hotel room phone to escort agencies & also the HSU Cards were used to withdraw cash on every occasion & the hotel bill listed phone calls to each escort agency & Thomson paid this on checkout with credit card. NO dispute on these charges?
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/thomsons-alternative-reality-didnt-fit-the-facts-20120511-1yi4f.htmlAnother Proud Aussie Monday 14 May, 2012 - 9:30 AM