- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- Anzac Day: just a public holiday?
- Set to be slugged for your gas?
- The man behind the voice of Dr Hook
- Anzac Day: will it always be sacred?
- Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets?
- Angela Catterns with Tina Arena
- Foy Vance talks on Joy of Nothing
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Kimber on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? My visits to my doctor have never been "free", we live in a regional area and have never had bulk billing and we still pay ... more
- Kimber on When to let a loved one go? Agreed, a very difficult topic, but definitely a case by case basis. Having been in this situation with an elderly loved one ... more
- Coasty on Anger at Anzac Day breast competition I'll put it out there that ANZAC's could make a competition out of anything. If you don't want to rate your own breasts ... more
- Tangled Web on 20 police officers charged this year Ever since the standards were drastically lowered for entry into the police force and the training weakened, the undesirable ... more
- Fred on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bull Shorten is a little thick, he is still banging on about dodgy global warming/climate change and his absurd tax, when ... more
- Samuel J on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor I trust, hope and pray the now utterly defunct, useless, incompetent labor party will remain in Opposition for the next 20 ... more
- Craig on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? As for Hockeys nasty GP co-payment, I heard him on radio recently and when asked if he paid his doctor extra money now? ... more
- Greg O on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Since when was our "free" medical system free? Someone else has always had to pay for it. Even back in day one when the ... more
- Jane M. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Has anyone yet asked silly big Joe Hockey, what is the doctor supposed to do, when those sick people in distress with a bad ... more
- Tangled Web on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor According to the old Bill Shorten; â??I have full confidence in Craig Thomsonâ??. Bill Shorten (Aug 2011): Craig Thomson ... more
- Eric (From the West) on When is the flu just a cold? Re: Stuart Bockings comments about a second airport affecting property values. The reality is that we don't know what will ... more
- Tangled Web on Shorten calls for Labor Party reforms Evidently that insincere, plastic Bill Shorten is not all that bright and he is not lonely either. If Labor have nothing ... more
- Tangled Web on When is the flu just a cold? Thanks, that was somewhat informative. We all had a very bad, highly contagious flu like virus in late January and it ... more
- Anonymous on Father's fight to see his daughter Poor Andrew is correct. Way back in 1987 I divorced my very cruel, hate filled wife. Subsequently for the next 20+ years, ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: reflecting recent battles Amazingly, there are some elements around who still call themselves Australians. They are so ungrateful to our brave ... more
- Tangled Web on William & Kate head to Uluru I am trying my very best, but I just can't get excited about all of this media attention on the royal ... more
- Tangled Web on Baird reshuffle - winners and losers? Lets just hope, that the replacement premier is not just another expensive Grange wine drinker with a bad memory too? And ... more
- Tangled Web on Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks? @Keith A Tudor is obviously correct, how much longer will we accommodate all of this destructive drunkenness? Lets just see ... more
Craig Thomson claims of a "set up"
Craig Thomson has denied any use of a credit card to pay for prostitutes when he was an official with the HSU. John Stanley looks at his claims he was set-up by a union rival who threatened to ruin his political ambitions.
He has told the Nine Network's Laurie Oakes somebody else must have used his credit card, driver's license details and used his mobile phone to call the brothel.
Investigative Journalist Kate McClymond speaks with John Stanley about the latest claims.
Jason Morrison says MP Craig Thomson has been caught out by speaking out on the weekend with claims of being set up. Listen as he replays and interview given on 2UE where he contradicts what was claimed with Laurie Oakes.
There can be a little honour in dishonour. Peter Slipper stood down, but up back of parliament sits Craig Thomson. Jason Morrison calls on Barry O'Farrell for a royal commission into HSU member's lost money.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says Queensland's election results are a verdict on all governments that don't tell the truth. He speaks with Paul Murray and why the PM has a credibility problem with voters on Carbon Tax.
The Opposition promises changes to Fair Work Australia if it wins government after its 'delayed' findings into HSU. Senator Eric Abetz says lax governance within trade-unions-has seen the misuse funds on escorts.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
His utterly lame excuses vary from one day to the next. At first blush, he appears to have a degree in defending the indefensible, which leads me to believe that the poor coot has had a mental breakdown over these serious issues involved! Hence the erratic behaviour, spin and gobble-degook we hear every day while this 'newsworthy' nonsense goes on unabated.Sam Tuesday 15 May, 2012 - 5:56 AM
TO THE HONOURABLE THE SPEAKER AND MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
This petition of the citizens of Dobell and the wider Australian community draws to the attention of the house that we the undersigned are disgusted and outraged at the recent findings of the investigation by Fair Work Australia into Mr. Craig Thomson. We believe he is not a fit and proper person to be our Federal Member
We therefore ask the House to respectfully request that Mr. Craig Thomson Federal Member for Dobell resign from Parliament immediately.
Go to Petition to have Craig Thomson to resign.
http://thomsonresign.com/APA Monday 14 May, 2012 - 3:51 PM
So silly Juliar Gillard reckons "let the court decide"?? If I was implausible Craig Thomson's Labor paid lawyers, after that worrying interview with Laurie Oakes. I would be making an insanity plea for mercy. Anybody who goes to such extent to try and wriggle out of this with all that damning evidence in front of him, surely must be mentally ill? Furthermore, Laurie Oakes surprisingly has still got it, although in dribs & drabs. Well done Laurie!Silly Julia Monday 14 May, 2012 - 3:33 PM
And Julia is the last one standing to beleive himJohannes Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:13 AM
Despite Fair Work Australia spending 4 long years investigating Craig Thomson and compiling a very damning comprehensive report like no other, here we have sneaky, lying Julia Gillard still unable, unwilling to make a very easy "judgement"!!! How absurd is Gillard, further insulting the cranky electorate. Julia Gillard must resign too or be booted out.SILLY JULIA Monday 14 May, 2012 - 9:56 AM
What an idiot.
What a liar.
No wonder hes stuck with JuLIAR LIEbor, how well suited they all are!
Thommos interview stated many people in his office had knowledge of his HSU credit card number & his drivers licence number.
Is he saying they just used the numbers?
The credit cards & DL were physically produced at the brothels to put through their manual machine & an imprinted receipt.
There were also photo copies of the DL taken & details then recorded on receipt
It is credit card company procedure to have vendors from these type of establishments to ring them to prevent payment being red flagged & stopped & get it authorised & checks of identity would have asked to authorise this at the CC company.
So the other person who was the brothel creeper must have stolen the credit cards & licence in different places over many years.
How unlucky is Thomson?
FWA Report states records show numerous phone calls from Thomsons hotel room phone to escort agencies & also the HSU Cards were used to withdraw cash on every occasion & the hotel bill listed phone calls to each escort agency & Thomson paid this on checkout with credit card. NO dispute on these charges?
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/thomsons-alternative-reality-didnt-fit-the-facts-20120511-1yi4f.htmlAnother Proud Aussie Monday 14 May, 2012 - 9:30 AM