- Equip police with video cameras
- Truck crash caught on dash cam
- Aussie jihadist signs death warrant?
- Balibo 5 investigation dropped
- Skipping breakfast weight loss key?
- 5 years gaol for Oscar Pistorius
- It's Time: Heralded era of new politics
- Anger at teen jihadist's threats
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on Truck crash at traffic hotspot I wish various authorities and media would stop calling these smashes involving trucks as 'accidents'. In almost every case ... more
- Tony on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM What a Tool!Lets hope one of the first things the SAS do in Iraq is to make this idiots day! more
- Realistic on The Whisper: Waste at Tafe Surprise surprise, long ago, thirty years back the Liberal NSW Education Minister Terry Metherell rightly said that TAFE was ... more
- ETERNITY... on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam Well Australia can thank Gough Whitlam and Al Grassby and indeed the Labor party for so called multicultural Sydney. more
- Laura on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Shocking, and thoughts go out to those personally affected; speedy recovery all. But let's have a proper (timely ... more
- Yusuf on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM Brain washed idiots. Lock them up and leave them there for life. more
- yusuf on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A man of real substance. My condolences to his family. more
- Yusuf on The Whisper: where burqa ban began Australia has its own values and freedoms and does not have to follow other countries. There are also examples of other ... more
- TEN FOUR... on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on The Whisper: where burqa ban began France saw fit to ban the burqa but "sorry" Australia did not? more
- Raumann Gagnon on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A great leader , a warm friend . Always honest in what he did and said . Faithful to his beliefs and ideas . He shall be ... more
- REALISTIC on Drivers not tested for cocaine use? Well that explains all of the constant madness and road rage etc going on in our streets...so what are our invisible 'police ... more
- CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Fight continues to keep Baghdad We really should be evacuating the horribly persecuted christians and leaving the muslims to fight it out, like they have ... more
- THE WEATHER on Perfect storm strikes across Sydney Well its soaking wet and freezing cold, could it be man 'made global warming' in disguise? Without the big dry and the ... more
- Cleangirl on Apologise to a culture of complaint Apologise because someone may choose to take offence ? more
- Join the Q Society on Apologise to a culture of complaint Non offensive T Shirt should have the same wording but with the Islamic State Flag! more
- Patriot on Apologise to a culture of complaint Slick and pretentious Woolworths obviously lack charisma and they lack credibility too. Woolworths will lose even more ... more
- Tanya on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets What a lot of utter BS, When the Greens don't like something you know its OK. When has the truth become "Totally ... more
- WHAT POLICE? on Sydney violence a generation thing? Excuses, excuses! Amazingly even with record police numbers, it is a struggle to find our invisible police force i.e. huge ... more
Craig Thomson claims of a "set up"
Craig Thomson has denied any use of a credit card to pay for prostitutes when he was an official with the HSU. John Stanley looks at his claims he was set-up by a union rival who threatened to ruin his political ambitions.
He has told the Nine Network's Laurie Oakes somebody else must have used his credit card, driver's license details and used his mobile phone to call the brothel.
Investigative Journalist Kate McClymond speaks with John Stanley about the latest claims.
Jason Morrison says MP Craig Thomson has been caught out by speaking out on the weekend with claims of being set up. Listen as he replays and interview given on 2UE where he contradicts what was claimed with Laurie Oakes.
There can be a little honour in dishonour. Peter Slipper stood down, but up back of parliament sits Craig Thomson. Jason Morrison calls on Barry O'Farrell for a royal commission into HSU member's lost money.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says Queensland's election results are a verdict on all governments that don't tell the truth. He speaks with Paul Murray and why the PM has a credibility problem with voters on Carbon Tax.
The Opposition promises changes to Fair Work Australia if it wins government after its 'delayed' findings into HSU. Senator Eric Abetz says lax governance within trade-unions-has seen the misuse funds on escorts.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
His utterly lame excuses vary from one day to the next. At first blush, he appears to have a degree in defending the indefensible, which leads me to believe that the poor coot has had a mental breakdown over these serious issues involved! Hence the erratic behaviour, spin and gobble-degook we hear every day while this 'newsworthy' nonsense goes on unabated.Sam Tuesday 15 May, 2012 - 5:56 AM
TO THE HONOURABLE THE SPEAKER AND MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
This petition of the citizens of Dobell and the wider Australian community draws to the attention of the house that we the undersigned are disgusted and outraged at the recent findings of the investigation by Fair Work Australia into Mr. Craig Thomson. We believe he is not a fit and proper person to be our Federal Member
We therefore ask the House to respectfully request that Mr. Craig Thomson Federal Member for Dobell resign from Parliament immediately.
Go to Petition to have Craig Thomson to resign.
http://thomsonresign.com/APA Monday 14 May, 2012 - 3:51 PM
So silly Juliar Gillard reckons "let the court decide"?? If I was implausible Craig Thomson's Labor paid lawyers, after that worrying interview with Laurie Oakes. I would be making an insanity plea for mercy. Anybody who goes to such extent to try and wriggle out of this with all that damning evidence in front of him, surely must be mentally ill? Furthermore, Laurie Oakes surprisingly has still got it, although in dribs & drabs. Well done Laurie!Silly Julia Monday 14 May, 2012 - 3:33 PM
And Julia is the last one standing to beleive himJohannes Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:13 AM
Despite Fair Work Australia spending 4 long years investigating Craig Thomson and compiling a very damning comprehensive report like no other, here we have sneaky, lying Julia Gillard still unable, unwilling to make a very easy "judgement"!!! How absurd is Gillard, further insulting the cranky electorate. Julia Gillard must resign too or be booted out.SILLY JULIA Monday 14 May, 2012 - 9:56 AM
What an idiot.
What a liar.
No wonder hes stuck with JuLIAR LIEbor, how well suited they all are!
Thommos interview stated many people in his office had knowledge of his HSU credit card number & his drivers licence number.
Is he saying they just used the numbers?
The credit cards & DL were physically produced at the brothels to put through their manual machine & an imprinted receipt.
There were also photo copies of the DL taken & details then recorded on receipt
It is credit card company procedure to have vendors from these type of establishments to ring them to prevent payment being red flagged & stopped & get it authorised & checks of identity would have asked to authorise this at the CC company.
So the other person who was the brothel creeper must have stolen the credit cards & licence in different places over many years.
How unlucky is Thomson?
FWA Report states records show numerous phone calls from Thomsons hotel room phone to escort agencies & also the HSU Cards were used to withdraw cash on every occasion & the hotel bill listed phone calls to each escort agency & Thomson paid this on checkout with credit card. NO dispute on these charges?
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/thomsons-alternative-reality-didnt-fit-the-facts-20120511-1yi4f.htmlAnother Proud Aussie Monday 14 May, 2012 - 9:30 AM