- Mandela: lessons we can all learn
- Why do we have tongue twisters?
- Health system needs a checkup?
- Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela
- Mandela was a giant, and a man!
- Nelson Mandela changed the era
- Sydney 500: Mark Skaife on 2UE
- Tributes flow for Nelson Mandela
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ahmed on Mandela: lessons we can all learn Never forget that Australia had a racist WHITE ONLY policy till 1973. In 1975 the Whitlam Government passed the Racial ... more
- STEVE on Mandela: lessons we can all learn south africa has a long journey to fight for economic justice.The government has been too complacent.However Mandela is a ... more
- ricky on Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela When he was in prison i protested outside south africa house in London.GREAT MAN.All politicians should learn from him.RIP ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Lingerie football: is it sexist? I may become a convert to league if my wife lets me!I'm not into watching men play with each other. more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? @ ahmed, are you are part of the misinformation society, haven't you been listening to the court reports on the radio about ... more
- ahmed on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? Most bikie gangs are made up of anglo saxons, yet we dont say European Bikie gangs.Not sure if this geographical ... more
- ahmed on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? No doubt there is a link.However dont use that as an excuse to demonize lebanese Aussies like some people do ... more
- Jester4212 on Lingerie football: is it sexist? Saying that it's sexist is like saying that bikinis are sexist. What a load of rubbish!Think of it as a group of women ... more
- Stephen Jago on Lingerie football: is it sexist? No it is not sexist. They do play hard and my 16 year old son loves watching it lol. :-) more
- Keith A Tudor on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? I trust Mr Abbott will set up a high powered public inquiry with a view to abolishing the hopeless CSIRO and creation of a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? What no mention of the Middle Eastern Crime Squad? more
- Jonathon L Benson on ICAC: Chris Hartcher quits energy This, in my professional view, is the beginning of the end of the utterly hopeless O'Farrell government in NSW. Just ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? @Lis posting here - you are absolutely correct. I clearly recall a joker in the 1990's who was knocked back for entry into ... more
- Samuel J on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? @Craig - absolutely correct. The abject, disgraceful rotten mess that Gillard and Rudd the Dudd left the new Coalition ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? This reported outcome says a lot in regard to policies and practice pertaining to teacher selection, education, training and ... more
- James W on Aussie students are falling behind? A child's most important teacher/s are it's parents. more
- Jester4212 on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? @Bikinis. Riding against the traffic is without a doubt the worst idea and will definitely contribute to more fatalities. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? Another fine mess Australian kids are in! more
- Liz on Aussie students are falling behind? Our sub-standard teaching workforce is damaging the future of this country. A large number of teachers are inarticulate, ... more
- Amy on Aussie students are falling behind? If the teacher can not use a red pen to mark their work because it is too confrontational and they can never be FAILED and ... more
Craig Thomson claims of a "set up"
Craig Thomson has denied any use of a credit card to pay for prostitutes when he was an official with the HSU. John Stanley looks at his claims he was set-up by a union rival who threatened to ruin his political ambitions.
He has told the Nine Network's Laurie Oakes somebody else must have used his credit card, driver's license details and used his mobile phone to call the brothel.
Investigative Journalist Kate McClymond speaks with John Stanley about the latest claims.
Jason Morrison says MP Craig Thomson has been caught out by speaking out on the weekend with claims of being set up. Listen as he replays and interview given on 2UE where he contradicts what was claimed with Laurie Oakes.
There can be a little honour in dishonour. Peter Slipper stood down, but up back of parliament sits Craig Thomson. Jason Morrison calls on Barry O'Farrell for a royal commission into HSU member's lost money.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says Queensland's election results are a verdict on all governments that don't tell the truth. He speaks with Paul Murray and why the PM has a credibility problem with voters on Carbon Tax.
The Opposition promises changes to Fair Work Australia if it wins government after its 'delayed' findings into HSU. Senator Eric Abetz says lax governance within trade-unions-has seen the misuse funds on escorts.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
His utterly lame excuses vary from one day to the next. At first blush, he appears to have a degree in defending the indefensible, which leads me to believe that the poor coot has had a mental breakdown over these serious issues involved! Hence the erratic behaviour, spin and gobble-degook we hear every day while this 'newsworthy' nonsense goes on unabated.Sam Tuesday 15 May, 2012 - 5:56 AM
TO THE HONOURABLE THE SPEAKER AND MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
This petition of the citizens of Dobell and the wider Australian community draws to the attention of the house that we the undersigned are disgusted and outraged at the recent findings of the investigation by Fair Work Australia into Mr. Craig Thomson. We believe he is not a fit and proper person to be our Federal Member
We therefore ask the House to respectfully request that Mr. Craig Thomson Federal Member for Dobell resign from Parliament immediately.
Go to Petition to have Craig Thomson to resign.
http://thomsonresign.com/APA Monday 14 May, 2012 - 3:51 PM
So silly Juliar Gillard reckons "let the court decide"?? If I was implausible Craig Thomson's Labor paid lawyers, after that worrying interview with Laurie Oakes. I would be making an insanity plea for mercy. Anybody who goes to such extent to try and wriggle out of this with all that damning evidence in front of him, surely must be mentally ill? Furthermore, Laurie Oakes surprisingly has still got it, although in dribs & drabs. Well done Laurie!Silly Julia Monday 14 May, 2012 - 3:33 PM
And Julia is the last one standing to beleive himJohannes Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:13 AM
Despite Fair Work Australia spending 4 long years investigating Craig Thomson and compiling a very damning comprehensive report like no other, here we have sneaky, lying Julia Gillard still unable, unwilling to make a very easy "judgement"!!! How absurd is Gillard, further insulting the cranky electorate. Julia Gillard must resign too or be booted out.SILLY JULIA Monday 14 May, 2012 - 9:56 AM
What an idiot.
What a liar.
No wonder hes stuck with JuLIAR LIEbor, how well suited they all are!
Thommos interview stated many people in his office had knowledge of his HSU credit card number & his drivers licence number.
Is he saying they just used the numbers?
The credit cards & DL were physically produced at the brothels to put through their manual machine & an imprinted receipt.
There were also photo copies of the DL taken & details then recorded on receipt
It is credit card company procedure to have vendors from these type of establishments to ring them to prevent payment being red flagged & stopped & get it authorised & checks of identity would have asked to authorise this at the CC company.
So the other person who was the brothel creeper must have stolen the credit cards & licence in different places over many years.
How unlucky is Thomson?
FWA Report states records show numerous phone calls from Thomsons hotel room phone to escort agencies & also the HSU Cards were used to withdraw cash on every occasion & the hotel bill listed phone calls to each escort agency & Thomson paid this on checkout with credit card. NO dispute on these charges?
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/thomsons-alternative-reality-didnt-fit-the-facts-20120511-1yi4f.htmlAnother Proud Aussie Monday 14 May, 2012 - 9:30 AM