- 2UE FRN Calendar
- Should the smack be banned?
- Public transport costs to rise
- Coming Soon, A new 2UE
- PM keen to stop Toyota closure?
- Overweight: OK to say a man is fat?
- End of Aussie car manufacturing?
- What angers you on Sydney roads?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jester4212 on Should the smack be banned? It should be at the discretion of the parent.This should not be a law enforced by the government. I agree with the PM's ... more
- Robert on End of Aussie car manufacturing? Why should anyone complain? You all wanted globalisation and here it is taking away jobs and sending our economy downhill to ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Move aside macaroon, eclair's here! Where are the ones for Diabetics? more
- Kimber on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Yes I voted Liberal but I don't think the entire blame sits with politics.I am very sorry for the workers but how many ... more
- Kimber on Christmas lights being knocked off? It not only brings joy for people to see the lights but also for the people who take the time to put them out. We have not ... more
- Kimber on Knockout: deadly game of the streets Talk about 'life imitating art' this is life imitating violent electronic games, these thugs have no handle on what's real ... more
- Keith A Tudor B.Ec on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 @ Joe posting here - too right it was the damned Unions and their unrelenting wage demands and so call enterprice bargaining ... more
- Samuel J on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 I blame none other than the greedy mob General Motors Chevrolet in Detroit and the Workers' Union for this decision. They ... more
- Joe on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Well done Australians. Clap, clap, clap. To all those who placed their cross over the LIBERAL box in the past election, be ... more
- James W on Why are Coalition behind in polls? Back flipping is Tony's and Joe's preferred method of movement, these days. A good thing Joe dropped quite a few kgs, he's ... more
- paulo on Tributes flow for Nelson Mandela Never forget here in Australia our treatment of blacks.from the end of the 19th century until the 1960s half caste children ... more
- Cleangirl on Is cheerleading really a sport? Yes, but they should be wearing over-alls, not shaving under their arms and they require tribal tattoos, or so want the ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why are Coalition behind in polls? I doubt the veracity of this so called 'poll.' It was most probable that it was conducted in 'die-hard' labor party and ... more
- PJ on Why are Coalition behind in polls? One sentence; Labor Left OWN the media.Coalition has been blamed for the Spy scandal, Qantas and Holden. All problems ... more
- Jo on Are Sydney's trains too unreliable? Yes trains are unreliable but from someone who catches a bus 10-12 times a week or more buses are worse and something needs ... more
- peter on Why are Coalition behind in polls? I don't care if they are behind in the polls at least we don't have to listen ugly voice of Gillard I think it is funny how ... more
- James W on Why are Coalition behind in polls? People are probably realising that the 2013 vintage LNP are at least as big a bullsh#*ters as any other Governing party that ... more
- annette on Why are Coalition behind in polls? the fact that the liberals want to kill off our car industry and kill off our national airline , both should be bailed out. ... more
- rolland on Why are Coalition behind in polls? sick of all the lies from this govt the secrecy with hiding the boats, the attacks on our national broadcaster, christopher ... more
- ahmed on Mandela: lessons we can all learn Robert the normal racist answer.Just because you think the racist white only policy was fine does not mean that all whites ... more
Credit Blacklists for Unpaid Bills
Power companies are forcing unsuspecting customers onto credit blacklists for not paying their bills. Energy and Water Ombudsman Clare Petre tells Stuart Bocking the penalty is often disproportionate to the outstanding amount.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
I work as a face to face debt-collector and there are a lot of disappearing smarties pulling all sorts of tricks on the creditors. However, there are many genuinely embarrassed and ashamed tearful folk doing it very hard and through no fault of their own hit bad luck for a multitude of reasons with suicides common and soul destroying consequences. These decent folk do not deserve to have the greedy, ruthless creditor's further putting the boot into them when they are down. Despite Labors' so-called "compensation" Labor's fraudulent carbon dioxide/global warming tax is killing people!! With these suffering folk, now subsidising, paying for the wealthy, solar roof panels and bloody useless windmills via their ridiculous electricity bills!! Remember their chilling 'bad luck' could easily happen to you and me at anytime. Those hungry government backed blood suckers lack compassion and need to leave these poor bastards alone!
N.B. Australia now has the $dearest electricity in the world! When we really should have the cheapest electricity in the world. WHY NOT!Lance Tuesday 24 July, 2012 - 11:31 AM
Oh and if you have any cash left over after all the haircuts we're getting, tuck it away folks because the next big thing on the horizon is something called (and you're going to love this)...FULL SPECTRUM SOLAR. The current batch of solar electric collectors hit the straps at around 9% efficiency on a sunny day. Pretty good huh. Ok, now for the new stuff. Full spectrum solar not only operates on visible white light, but infra red, ultra violet, etc etc. neat. Now your new solar collector works happily under clouds, fog and at night! At up to 40% efficiency. Let's all clap hands because with a bank of batteries similar to an electric car, you could go off the grid and not get another bill...ever.....now, I wonder do I have a recipe somewhere for water?Danny Dix Monday 23 July, 2012 - 5:59 PM
These money hungry grubs are milking the population dry....just like everyone else. Supermarkets that buy in trash food grown with human excretement and fertilizers banned years ago in Australia from third world countries with little or no Health regulations...while our farmers go broke because they get dumped from the shelves because they can't compete.
Want fuel? Then we need to save our dockets and run off to the petrol station clutching fistfuls to qualify for our super duper discount rate.....that years ago we got anyway before the monopolies were allowed to take over and turn us into their automaton cash cows. Once the last independent station has been starved off the planet, well... no more discounts.
Then there's water. Who'd have though the day would come when we had to save to pay our water bill. SAVE WATER they cried after neglecting the infrastructure for decades. So we saved water. Good god we're not making enough cash because the cash cows aren't using any water now...PUT THE PRICE UP!! So now we're not game to water the garden, not game to turn a light on, and scrounge around on the bottom shelf of some off shore obermarchet looking for something we can afford to eat that came from outback Timbuktu or Fukushima or somewhere that doesn't need us to add water or god forbid...bake for more than ten minutes, which would effectively double the price.
And Julia...deeeeaaar Julia. Help out the pensioners or borrow 60 million on behalf of the cash cows to build 120 schools in Indonesia? Hmmmm....
Readers...Do I even have to answer that and insult your intelligence?Danny Dix Monday 23 July, 2012 - 5:45 PM