- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Xenophon to set up political party
- Video: When I grow Up
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
Credit Blacklists for Unpaid Bills
Power companies are forcing unsuspecting customers onto credit blacklists for not paying their bills. Energy and Water Ombudsman Clare Petre tells Stuart Bocking the penalty is often disproportionate to the outstanding amount.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
I work as a face to face debt-collector and there are a lot of disappearing smarties pulling all sorts of tricks on the creditors. However, there are many genuinely embarrassed and ashamed tearful folk doing it very hard and through no fault of their own hit bad luck for a multitude of reasons with suicides common and soul destroying consequences. These decent folk do not deserve to have the greedy, ruthless creditor's further putting the boot into them when they are down. Despite Labors' so-called "compensation" Labor's fraudulent carbon dioxide/global warming tax is killing people!! With these suffering folk, now subsidising, paying for the wealthy, solar roof panels and bloody useless windmills via their ridiculous electricity bills!! Remember their chilling 'bad luck' could easily happen to you and me at anytime. Those hungry government backed blood suckers lack compassion and need to leave these poor bastards alone!
N.B. Australia now has the $dearest electricity in the world! When we really should have the cheapest electricity in the world. WHY NOT!Lance Tuesday 24 July, 2012 - 11:31 AM
Oh and if you have any cash left over after all the haircuts we're getting, tuck it away folks because the next big thing on the horizon is something called (and you're going to love this)...FULL SPECTRUM SOLAR. The current batch of solar electric collectors hit the straps at around 9% efficiency on a sunny day. Pretty good huh. Ok, now for the new stuff. Full spectrum solar not only operates on visible white light, but infra red, ultra violet, etc etc. neat. Now your new solar collector works happily under clouds, fog and at night! At up to 40% efficiency. Let's all clap hands because with a bank of batteries similar to an electric car, you could go off the grid and not get another bill...ever.....now, I wonder do I have a recipe somewhere for water?Danny Dix Monday 23 July, 2012 - 5:59 PM
These money hungry grubs are milking the population dry....just like everyone else. Supermarkets that buy in trash food grown with human excretement and fertilizers banned years ago in Australia from third world countries with little or no Health regulations...while our farmers go broke because they get dumped from the shelves because they can't compete.
Want fuel? Then we need to save our dockets and run off to the petrol station clutching fistfuls to qualify for our super duper discount rate.....that years ago we got anyway before the monopolies were allowed to take over and turn us into their automaton cash cows. Once the last independent station has been starved off the planet, well... no more discounts.
Then there's water. Who'd have though the day would come when we had to save to pay our water bill. SAVE WATER they cried after neglecting the infrastructure for decades. So we saved water. Good god we're not making enough cash because the cash cows aren't using any water now...PUT THE PRICE UP!! So now we're not game to water the garden, not game to turn a light on, and scrounge around on the bottom shelf of some off shore obermarchet looking for something we can afford to eat that came from outback Timbuktu or Fukushima or somewhere that doesn't need us to add water or god forbid...bake for more than ten minutes, which would effectively double the price.
And Julia...deeeeaaar Julia. Help out the pensioners or borrow 60 million on behalf of the cash cows to build 120 schools in Indonesia? Hmmmm....
Readers...Do I even have to answer that and insult your intelligence?Danny Dix Monday 23 July, 2012 - 5:45 PM