- Claims of retaliation in Sydney traffic
- Do we need seats for indigenous MPs
- Revealed: Operation Pendennis
- Overcoming fear in our suburbs
- Sydney's Favourite Teacher 2014
- Council sister city costs questioned
- 12 secrets to a happy marriage
- New phase in fight on terror
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- adam on Should we ban local ISIS flag sales? Justin, the extract below is from Christian News Minute (CNM) I hope it gives you pause for thought.The ISIS flag consists ... more
- The Devils Advocate on Too apathetic to make a change? Neil really wants to say the number plate is an antiemetic racial slur. He is prevented from saying that because he has ... more
- RAKESH ADUK on Too apathetic to make a change? Garry Linnell talks a lot of sense! Whenever I go overseas and see the beautiful Aussie flag, it immediately takes me back ... more
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
- The scourge of Terrorism on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Terrorism is always terrorism. It is never acceptable to commit an act of terrorism. It is never acceptable for ANY party to ... more
- Jonathon L Benson LLB on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque I blame this wishy washy government of nsw. They have the power to outlaw this barbaric flag but are scared of their shadows. more
- Craig on US expanding role in Middle East To get to the crux of this matter, it was US support for the so called rebels in Syria that has led to the creation of this ... more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - absolutely correct. Our out of touch governments should legislate to declare the ownership, carriage, sale, flying ... more
- Cleangirl on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction As welcome as a KKK flag. more
Crime statistics: theft & robbery drop?
Drive-by shootings have stabilised across NSW but fraud, particularly in Sydney, is increasing, according to new crime statistics.
At the same time there's been a significant drop in theft and robbery offences, the NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research says.
April and July this year were the worst months in the past decade for drive-by shooting incidents in the state.
In the 24 months to September 2012, fraud increased by 9.4 per cent across NSW while non-domestic assault fell by 7.8 per cent.
Robbery without a weapon fell by 7.2 per cent and break and enter non-dwelling fell by 2.5 per cent.
The NSW Recorded Crime Statistics: September Quarterly Report found stealing from a person dropped by 2.2 per cent and malicious damage to property fell by 5.2 per cent.
Fraud was up in Sydney by 12.2 per cent and robbery with a weapon (not a gun) was up 66.3 per cent in the Hunter Valley region.
On the mid-north coast robbery with a weapon not a firearm was up 80.5 per cent.
Stealing from a retail store was up in the Canterbury-Bankstown area by 18.9 per cent and fraud up 20 per cent.
As in the last quarter, the numbers of assaults on licensed premises have dropped (down 11.5 per cent). This included both hotels/pubs (down 11.8 per cent) and clubs (down 15.1 per cent).
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Criminals are created by politicians. If it wasn't for a few people (politicians) imposing their will on everybody and the hired help (police) doing their bidding, there would be no criminals, only a small number in the community that were not liked by many!Bikinis not Burkas Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 3:43 PM
Yeah this is exactly the bull*** that the government creates, always throwing curtains over the top of serious issues like this one. Crime rate dropped? don't fall for this bullsh***luke Friday 7 December, 2012 - 12:32 PM
Of course these fudges stats would show improvement but the reality is far removed from the questionable stats. Any crime reduction clearly would be only because so many victims could not even be bothered to report crimes, through a silly uninterested, fob you off reporting system not unlike ringing the slow impossible taxation department for some help. In so many cases victims are too afraid to report crimes and feel let down by the police and as result live in fortress like homes. Crime stats??? Ask Joe Blow on the streets about crime stats and what the true situation is!! Where are all the many thousands of police, hiding, most of the time??? Crime stats for who, yeh right!Meggsie Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 4:04 PM