- How to attract the perfect partner?
- Wendy Matthews: Campfire Festival
- Jodi McKay to contest Strathfield
- Too many truck accidents
- The lone wolf: who is watching?
- McSchools for fast food education
- Rabbi's response to Greens Grinch
- Creep filming bums on beaches
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN on Too many truck accidents The police need to get with the times, technology can go a long way in stopping rogue truck drivers and other crime. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Greens Grinch against Christmas @Judith - well said. They are also a band of wanton lunatics that should never be allowed to enter any form of public ... more
- peter on The lone wolf: who is watching? as long as the lone wolf starts at the top and works his way down the food chain it wont affect most Australianspollies then ... more
- MARY CHRISTMAS on Greens Grinch against Christmas So called religious tolerance is only for certain types and certainly not for Christians. Christianity is the most ... more
- Janelle on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens councillor from Woollahra has a point in that the function he is referring to is to be funded by the Woollahra ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on The lone wolf: who is watching? It would not be so bad if there were only "one lone wolf", however these so called lone wolves pop up like mushrooms hidden ... more
- Cleangirl on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens are ruining Australia with their Political Correctness terrorism. more
- Join the Q Society on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Cleangirl has said it all! more
- Join the Q Society on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Local Government Minster should sack this ^&*(%$ person! more
- Leon on Greens Grinch against Christmas You want to celebrate a fairy tale do it at home. I'm sick of the child abuse that comes with brainwashing children. more
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
Crime statistics: theft & robbery drop?
Drive-by shootings have stabilised across NSW but fraud, particularly in Sydney, is increasing, according to new crime statistics.
At the same time there's been a significant drop in theft and robbery offences, the NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research says.
April and July this year were the worst months in the past decade for drive-by shooting incidents in the state.
In the 24 months to September 2012, fraud increased by 9.4 per cent across NSW while non-domestic assault fell by 7.8 per cent.
Robbery without a weapon fell by 7.2 per cent and break and enter non-dwelling fell by 2.5 per cent.
The NSW Recorded Crime Statistics: September Quarterly Report found stealing from a person dropped by 2.2 per cent and malicious damage to property fell by 5.2 per cent.
Fraud was up in Sydney by 12.2 per cent and robbery with a weapon (not a gun) was up 66.3 per cent in the Hunter Valley region.
On the mid-north coast robbery with a weapon not a firearm was up 80.5 per cent.
Stealing from a retail store was up in the Canterbury-Bankstown area by 18.9 per cent and fraud up 20 per cent.
As in the last quarter, the numbers of assaults on licensed premises have dropped (down 11.5 per cent). This included both hotels/pubs (down 11.8 per cent) and clubs (down 15.1 per cent).
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Criminals are created by politicians. If it wasn't for a few people (politicians) imposing their will on everybody and the hired help (police) doing their bidding, there would be no criminals, only a small number in the community that were not liked by many!Bikinis not Burkas Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 3:43 PM
Yeah this is exactly the bull*** that the government creates, always throwing curtains over the top of serious issues like this one. Crime rate dropped? don't fall for this bullsh***luke Friday 7 December, 2012 - 12:32 PM
Of course these fudges stats would show improvement but the reality is far removed from the questionable stats. Any crime reduction clearly would be only because so many victims could not even be bothered to report crimes, through a silly uninterested, fob you off reporting system not unlike ringing the slow impossible taxation department for some help. In so many cases victims are too afraid to report crimes and feel let down by the police and as result live in fortress like homes. Crime stats??? Ask Joe Blow on the streets about crime stats and what the true situation is!! Where are all the many thousands of police, hiding, most of the time??? Crime stats for who, yeh right!Meggsie Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 4:04 PM