- Should children be given homework?
- Coordination: petrol price collusion?
- ASDA's 10 days to consider options
- Ice Bucket Challenge goes viral
- Brutality and evil rises in Middle East
- All 'Islamic State' have is fear to rule?
- Sydney garbage collection suspended
- Bob Carr on Palmer's China tirade
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on Crisis over Palmer China comments Both Palmer and his side-kick Jaquie Lambie are utterly rank incompetent damned fools and totally unfit to be in our ... more
- PRINCE JOE HOKEY on Clive Palmer drops another clanger All honest people would have to agree with Clive Palmer's rather frank, but blunt opinion and know where Clive is coming ... more
- Anthony on Clive Palmer drops another clanger Way to go Clive. I moved to Australia 8 years ago and was shocked to see Australia owns nothing! You've sold your country to ... more
- molly on Clive Palmer drops another clanger watch out Clive the anti-free speech people will get you. If china want Australia they will have to fight Islam for it. ... more
- Ben on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Why does this even make the news?Get over it. I have been rejected for age, looks, prejudice and who knows what other ... more
- Angela Coombes on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? The coffee shop owner has a right to hire an employee whom he or she feels will fit in with the business. It is no different ... more
- Angela Coombes on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping How utterly foolhardy of this Baird joker not nominating candidates. He could have come up with two outstanding liberal ... more
- SLOPPY JOE-CANBERRA on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping What a shocking state of affairs with so many bad, self-serving politicians about...allegedly there to manage the nation? ... more
- Cleangirl on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? and how many government departments seem to be made up predominantly with a single foreign race ? more
- paulo on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? This cafe owner will be shamed into learning a lesson that racism is not accepted here! more
- Bruce on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Leave the coffee shop owner alone its hard enough making a living in the hospitality industry without have to deal with a ... more
- barry on Hockey backlash on poor comments Well we now see the true colours of adopted name JOE HOCKEY,has no idea of the working class struggles,indicated by his ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? Maybe we should put more bible bashers in Parliament to help root out the corrupt thugs in all the failed political parties ... more
- Samuel J on Spike in ice use across Sydney Just how do the ingredients for these drugs get out to this poor stupid forlorn drug affected knuckleheads! I am inclined to ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Hockey backlash on poor comments Like the fool Wayne Swan, this Hockey joker is well past his 'Use-By" date indeed! I suggest put someone in his job who ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? All it will mean is more hung parliaments full of even more shonks, dunces, fools and clowns collectively bleeding us ... more
- Craig on Hockey backlash on poor comments These jokers born with silver spoons in their mouth, multi millionaires have NO idea.Poor people do drive most of us live ... more
- Cleangirl on Help, can you solve our traffic woes? Get pack cyclists off main roads during peak times. Surely they can do their hobby ride another time of day. and ask 4WD`s ... more
- Laurie on Is Joe Hockey too out of touch? What an arrogant, cigar chomping (bad look for our kids) man Hockey is. He is so out of touch with ordinary Australians, and ... more
- PRINCE JOE HOKEY on Hockey backlash on poor comments Everyone can now see untalented U.N. sloppy Joe's true colours and they are definitely not liking what they see. Lazy and ... more
Crime statistics: theft & robbery drop?
Drive-by shootings have stabilised across NSW but fraud, particularly in Sydney, is increasing, according to new crime statistics.
At the same time there's been a significant drop in theft and robbery offences, the NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research says.
April and July this year were the worst months in the past decade for drive-by shooting incidents in the state.
In the 24 months to September 2012, fraud increased by 9.4 per cent across NSW while non-domestic assault fell by 7.8 per cent.
Robbery without a weapon fell by 7.2 per cent and break and enter non-dwelling fell by 2.5 per cent.
The NSW Recorded Crime Statistics: September Quarterly Report found stealing from a person dropped by 2.2 per cent and malicious damage to property fell by 5.2 per cent.
Fraud was up in Sydney by 12.2 per cent and robbery with a weapon (not a gun) was up 66.3 per cent in the Hunter Valley region.
On the mid-north coast robbery with a weapon not a firearm was up 80.5 per cent.
Stealing from a retail store was up in the Canterbury-Bankstown area by 18.9 per cent and fraud up 20 per cent.
As in the last quarter, the numbers of assaults on licensed premises have dropped (down 11.5 per cent). This included both hotels/pubs (down 11.8 per cent) and clubs (down 15.1 per cent).
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Criminals are created by politicians. If it wasn't for a few people (politicians) imposing their will on everybody and the hired help (police) doing their bidding, there would be no criminals, only a small number in the community that were not liked by many!Bikinis not Burkas Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 3:43 PM
Yeah this is exactly the bull*** that the government creates, always throwing curtains over the top of serious issues like this one. Crime rate dropped? don't fall for this bullsh***luke Friday 7 December, 2012 - 12:32 PM
Of course these fudges stats would show improvement but the reality is far removed from the questionable stats. Any crime reduction clearly would be only because so many victims could not even be bothered to report crimes, through a silly uninterested, fob you off reporting system not unlike ringing the slow impossible taxation department for some help. In so many cases victims are too afraid to report crimes and feel let down by the police and as result live in fortress like homes. Crime stats??? Ask Joe Blow on the streets about crime stats and what the true situation is!! Where are all the many thousands of police, hiding, most of the time??? Crime stats for who, yeh right!Meggsie Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 4:04 PM