- Earth missed catastrophe by a week
- Asylum seekers heading to mainland
- Women still face work discrimination
- Do we all have psychic connections?
- Home lost to real estate fraudsters
- A week of horror over flight MH17
- Time for serious debate on euthanasia
- Bus crash kills one injures dozens
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? @Craig you purposely omitted Russian armed and Russian trained killers did this...what is your agenda here? more
- Gary on Abbott copping Senate body blows If the PPL for everyone is such a bad thing, waste of effort and doesn't achieve anything in regards to workplace ... more
- Samuel J James on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said indeed. And Vladimar Putin, the KGB thug and temporary President of Russia has given as much help to the ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: Putin behind the attack? It can be assumed that Putin, the KGB thug is imitating one of his equal coward and former President of the Soviet Union, ... more
- Samuel J on A week of horror over flight MH17 Putin, the KGB thug is convicted in absentia - Please God. more
- stevo on Time for serious debate on euthanasia Legalise Euthanasia for those with 6 months to live if doctors and family want.My dad asked to be given and injection as he ... more
- Cleangirl on Bus crash kills one injures dozens Get bicycles OUT of bus lanes for a start. more
- Jonathon L Benson on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The sickening pictures of the filthy train leaving Ukraine with the bodies of many of these multi-national souls on board, ... more
- Samuel J on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill The do-gooders will probably get their way with this and it will be sadly regected. We have no leadership here in nsw so let ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said. The victims even after death did not receive any dignity at all from the Russian and Ukraine ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why do we need childcare subsidies @Greg O - you are absolutely correct. It is this 'gimmie, gimmie' nonsense and nanny State mentality that is thoroughly ... more
- Kimber on MH17: the long journey home A heartfelt thank you to the Netherlands in appreciation for finally giving some dignity to the victims of flight MH17. more
- Craig on MH17: Putin behind the attack? If America has proof why have they not shown it? The Ukraine air traffic control tapes have been confiscated by the State ... more
- Greta on New Times for Weekend Shows Fantastic to hear Tim coming on earlier - love his show, has interesting segments, would love to hear more of the gardening ... more
- Craig on MH17: Putin behind the attack? @Shot down, You would also believe pigs fly.There is a lot more to this, have you seen Russia's reply yesterday? Radar of ... more
- Angela Coombes on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? I don't feel sorry for her at all. Apart from her big mouth which shoots off without thinking first this galloot is ... more
- Keith A Tudor on MH17: Putin behind the attack? I firmly believe the utterly expensive anti-aircraft missile fired at Malaysian Airlines Passenger Jet MH17 and which ... more
- Samuel J on Sydney suffering too many councils @Angry Ratepayer - I agree. Councils' charter needs to be redrawn and be in simple terms to cut out this continuous ... more
- G. Parker on Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person' This woman is a disgrace... she isn't talking to the ladies at the local RSL club, but AUSTRALIA! How can someone with this ... more
- Sheila Freeman on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Now where is Tania and the rest of the Labour party who are always ready to criticise the Libs - totally inappropriate ... more
Crime statistics: theft & robbery drop?
Drive-by shootings have stabilised across NSW but fraud, particularly in Sydney, is increasing, according to new crime statistics.
At the same time there's been a significant drop in theft and robbery offences, the NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research says.
April and July this year were the worst months in the past decade for drive-by shooting incidents in the state.
In the 24 months to September 2012, fraud increased by 9.4 per cent across NSW while non-domestic assault fell by 7.8 per cent.
Robbery without a weapon fell by 7.2 per cent and break and enter non-dwelling fell by 2.5 per cent.
The NSW Recorded Crime Statistics: September Quarterly Report found stealing from a person dropped by 2.2 per cent and malicious damage to property fell by 5.2 per cent.
Fraud was up in Sydney by 12.2 per cent and robbery with a weapon (not a gun) was up 66.3 per cent in the Hunter Valley region.
On the mid-north coast robbery with a weapon not a firearm was up 80.5 per cent.
Stealing from a retail store was up in the Canterbury-Bankstown area by 18.9 per cent and fraud up 20 per cent.
As in the last quarter, the numbers of assaults on licensed premises have dropped (down 11.5 per cent). This included both hotels/pubs (down 11.8 per cent) and clubs (down 15.1 per cent).
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Criminals are created by politicians. If it wasn't for a few people (politicians) imposing their will on everybody and the hired help (police) doing their bidding, there would be no criminals, only a small number in the community that were not liked by many!Bikinis not Burkas Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 3:43 PM
Yeah this is exactly the bull*** that the government creates, always throwing curtains over the top of serious issues like this one. Crime rate dropped? don't fall for this bullsh***luke Friday 7 December, 2012 - 12:32 PM
Of course these fudges stats would show improvement but the reality is far removed from the questionable stats. Any crime reduction clearly would be only because so many victims could not even be bothered to report crimes, through a silly uninterested, fob you off reporting system not unlike ringing the slow impossible taxation department for some help. In so many cases victims are too afraid to report crimes and feel let down by the police and as result live in fortress like homes. Crime stats??? Ask Joe Blow on the streets about crime stats and what the true situation is!! Where are all the many thousands of police, hiding, most of the time??? Crime stats for who, yeh right!Meggsie Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 4:04 PM