- Time to simplify school curriculum?
- Brain Injury: end full contact sports?
- Whisper: two state ministers to go?
- Fast Ed's Rhubarb Custard Tart
- Would you be frozen for rebirth later?
- SPC back from the brink of collapse?
- Domestic Violence: it's in your street?
- Was John Howard our best PM?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David Hoffman on Is terrorism behind missing plane? I am looking at this event through the lens of being a lifelong student of human behaviour. I know enough to believe that, ... more
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
Crime statistics: theft & robbery drop?
Drive-by shootings have stabilised across NSW but fraud, particularly in Sydney, is increasing, according to new crime statistics.
At the same time there's been a significant drop in theft and robbery offences, the NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research says.
April and July this year were the worst months in the past decade for drive-by shooting incidents in the state.
In the 24 months to September 2012, fraud increased by 9.4 per cent across NSW while non-domestic assault fell by 7.8 per cent.
Robbery without a weapon fell by 7.2 per cent and break and enter non-dwelling fell by 2.5 per cent.
The NSW Recorded Crime Statistics: September Quarterly Report found stealing from a person dropped by 2.2 per cent and malicious damage to property fell by 5.2 per cent.
Fraud was up in Sydney by 12.2 per cent and robbery with a weapon (not a gun) was up 66.3 per cent in the Hunter Valley region.
On the mid-north coast robbery with a weapon not a firearm was up 80.5 per cent.
Stealing from a retail store was up in the Canterbury-Bankstown area by 18.9 per cent and fraud up 20 per cent.
As in the last quarter, the numbers of assaults on licensed premises have dropped (down 11.5 per cent). This included both hotels/pubs (down 11.8 per cent) and clubs (down 15.1 per cent).
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Criminals are created by politicians. If it wasn't for a few people (politicians) imposing their will on everybody and the hired help (police) doing their bidding, there would be no criminals, only a small number in the community that were not liked by many!Bikinis not Burkas Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 3:43 PM
Yeah this is exactly the bull*** that the government creates, always throwing curtains over the top of serious issues like this one. Crime rate dropped? don't fall for this bullsh***luke Friday 7 December, 2012 - 12:32 PM
Of course these fudges stats would show improvement but the reality is far removed from the questionable stats. Any crime reduction clearly would be only because so many victims could not even be bothered to report crimes, through a silly uninterested, fob you off reporting system not unlike ringing the slow impossible taxation department for some help. In so many cases victims are too afraid to report crimes and feel let down by the police and as result live in fortress like homes. Crime stats??? Ask Joe Blow on the streets about crime stats and what the true situation is!! Where are all the many thousands of police, hiding, most of the time??? Crime stats for who, yeh right!Meggsie Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 4:04 PM