- Mike Baird now 44th NSW Premier
- Gary O'Callaghan on Talk Back Radio
- If those were my kids, I'd...
- Barry O'Farrell takes to Twitter
- Have you met the royal couple?
- Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks?
- Looking back on O’Farrell the man
- Mike Baird set to become Premier
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alan J on Mike Baird set to become Premier Barry appeared spooked? Why did he panic? more
- Tangled Web on No alternative but for Barry to resign? @Shaun...Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever ... more
- Harry on Would you like us to be a republic? @adriano you sound a little confused, don't let the facts get in your way. The IMF have directed bankrupt England to print ... more
- Tangled Web on Mike Baird set to become Premier Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever receiving ... more
- adriano on Would you like us to be a republic? Harry is the most popular uk name mohammed is only number 19.Also steve you are wrong about the UK economy.It will rise by ... more
- David on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Barry did the right thing to resign, but given the timing of the events surrounding the bottle delivery, anyone could have ... more
- davo on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Of course they like australia .WE HAVE FOOTED THE BILL for their trip! more
- Samuel J on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I believe O'Farrell had a genuine memory lapse! And his ambushing by Watson SC of ICAC has not proven corruption either on ... more
- Shaun on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Premier O'Farrel deserves a second chance. Why don't we bring him back? more
- Robert on Have you lost faith in politicians? Lost faith?! Are you joking?!I stopped voting years ago. I hand in informal votes.Once you find out about the new world ... more
- Robert on Would you like us to be a republic? A Republic yes but DONT change the flag. more
- Tangled Web on Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed? Apparently our movers & shakers want a cashless society? What happens when the whole system crashes? It would be chaotic ... more
- Cleangirl on Would you like us to be a republic? Can ANYONE name a Republic or republic model better than what we have ? Do we choose from any of the African models ? or ... more
- Angela Coombes on Have you lost faith in politicians? Well this Robertson joker has not got the credentials to give advice - given the record of his utterly failed, absolutely ... more
- Julie on Pension age to be lifted to 70? The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Julie on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Angela Coombes on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation @Jaydee you are 1000% correct. However, I believe in the case of O'Farrell he would have received gifts on his appointment ... more
- Athol on No alternative but for Barry to resign? I can see little old wine drinker Barry, being gifted a very lucrative cushy job aboard Tony Abbott's hasty new airport ... more
- Konrad H. on Have you lost faith in politicians? Iffy Barry O'Farrell is apparently no good, however iffy John Robertson is arguably even worse. Hypocrite Robertson is ... more
- Sam on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Affection for Australia? How nice! But I hope they don't have that very same affection that they were supposed to have for ... more
Cubbie sold to Chinese consortium
Liberal State Senator Bill Heffernan says the Gillard Government's sale of Cubbie Station to a Chinese-led consortium is a bad deal.
Treasurer Wayne Swan approved the sale overnight of Australia's largest privately-owned farm and water user, which will now be mainly controlled by a Chinese textile company.
Senator Heffernan has told John Stanley the company has roots in the Chinese Government.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Under the terms of the approval textile manufacturer RuYi - owned by investors based in China and Japan - will initially take an 80 per cent stake in the station. That will be sold down to 51 per cent within three years. (AAP)
Gina Rinehart says people jealous of the rich should "drink less and work more." The comments have angered hard working Aussies. She also suggests lowering the minimum wage of $606.40 a week. Have Your Say!
Jason Morrison says we will be forced to vote in council elections, it is mandatory. But do you know who you are voting for? Is it democracy if you are forced to vote? Should we be given freedom not to vote?
Big supporters of the UN's fraudulent global warming tax on Australia. Atheists, well worn lobbying Labor hacks Bob Hawke and Bob Carr are spending a lot of time in China, obviously selling-out Australia??Nigel Monday 3 September, 2012 - 10:40 AM
@Peter said "what were they supposed to do ?" Call an election and put the Liberals into government. Corrupt Labor are bad news!Phil Monday 3 September, 2012 - 10:34 AM
well they couldn't sell it to anyone here, what were they supposed to do ?Peter Monday 3 September, 2012 - 9:18 AM
@James a Labor apologist grub, says: "We didnt buy it so someone else did." Traitorous Labor are giving our own farmers such a hard time why would they even bother. However, the super-power-communist-buyer China is Labor's mortgagee/owner and accordingly obedient Labor will happily do whatever China dictates. Why do Labor hate Australians??Clement Sunday 2 September, 2012 - 6:38 PM
What would you expect from a Reinhart, Palmer, Forrest slave like Heffernan? He would be prepared to sell everything to the US or to his bosses the notorious above three.Peter Sunday 2 September, 2012 - 3:29 PM
Cubbie station was on the market for years. Any one of our wealthy entreprenurs could have bought it and let the competent managers continue to run it. So there is no place for complaint. We didnt buy it so someone else did.James Saturday 1 September, 2012 - 9:56 PM