- Over treatment with some cancers
- Baird shows huge political courage
- Still cook to Nana's recipes?
- Guy Sebastian is back with Madness
- Halal certification funding terrorists?
- Too much lack of respect these days?
- Eddie Obeid set to face court
- Would you prefer to vote online
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
- Greg O on Obama urges Australia to "step up" I am out in my backyard at the moment and am all set to save the environment. I have a Jim's Mowing hat, Steve Irwin shirt ... more
Defending Live Animal Export
Stephanie Coombes has gone from being a member of Animals Australia to working on the boats that takes our animals to their death overseas. She tells John Stanley why she supports live animal export.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
When are we going to show the Halal slaughter going on here in Australia. It cannot be decreed as humane, so why only pick on other countries ??Johannes Saturday 10 November, 2012 - 2:28 PM
I wish all Syrians, Afghanis, Palestinians and Iraqi's were cattle, they would have got better justice and treatment.
This is western hypocrisy at its very worst!!!susie jarvis Saturday 10 November, 2012 - 7:11 AM
Live export only serves one purpose, to supply live sheep and cattle to the religious Halal death markets of the middle east and Asia. These barbaric factories of death where animals are slaughtered for nothing more than some warped and repulsive religious belief should make every Australia wake up to their future!Peter Friday 9 November, 2012 - 2:53 PM
So killed any flys lately or stepped on a cockroach? Did you kill them in a humane way maybe,they're animals to aren't they?Douglas Friday 9 November, 2012 - 11:58 AM
Stephanie, you may think that Live Export is fabulous but the rest of Australia don't agree with you. It will be banned. Find another job.Jane Thursday 8 November, 2012 - 8:50 PM
Steph Coombs didn't mention the fact that here in Australia 95% of our animals are pre stunned before slaughter. She mentioned there were rules and if importing countries didn't comply they would be cut off. Debatable. Once animals leave our shores we lose complete control of them as we saw recently. Also pre stunning is not a prerequisite in importing countries and we send from stunned to non stun lowering our welfare laws. After the atrocities committed in Indonesia, abattoirs last year stunning has been introduced to appease the people. In Jordan 80% of livestock is now stunned before slaughter because of Animals AustraliaÃ¢Â?Â?s Lyn White's friendship with HRH Princess Alia the sister of JordanÃ¢Â?Â?s king. Most importing countries do not have animal welfare laws at all. Our halal approved chilled meat sells very well in the middle east and elsewhere. If tariffs and incentives were removed from export our chilled meat would have a more competitive and safer market in which to do trade.Maureen Sladdin Thursday 8 November, 2012 - 8:55 AM