- Teachers need on the job training
- Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real?
- More men now taking up yoga
- Bills to drop after carbon tax repeal?
- Bennett to return to Broncos
- Has the PM finally found his voice?
- Balmain plans back at square one
- Does practice make perfect to win?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 Putin eh! Just look at the face and the eyes embedded in it! A stark appearance/psysiognamy as cold and frozen like the ... more
- GOOD GOD...JESUS on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 I saw them devils on television throwing dead humans in body bags around like bags of potatoes. Russian President Putin and ... more
- VODKA on Flight MH 17: bring them home As soon as this damned evil happened the world should of immediately responded and taken the initiative, deploying elite ... more
- Craig on One man to blame for MH17 tragedy You fluoridated, brain dead idiots, It's America that needs a war not Russia. Keep on believing the American version of ... more
- Tony on PM fails to get bounce in polls This makes no sence! Abbott makes Rudd/Gillard/Rudd look like ostriches with their head stuck in the sand. Finally a PM who ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on PM fails to get bounce in polls The survey was obviously conducted in the die-hard labor party electorates. You know, the ones that say "I vote labuh ... more
- Timothy on One man to blame for MH17 tragedy hmm is it a coincidence that this should happen when Israel is slaughering children and women in Gazza.?How come it had to ... more
- Keith A Tudor on 37 Aussies shot down over Ukraine Lies, lies and damned Vladimar Putin the ex KGB creep indeed! I trust he gets his just desserts in the fullness of time. So ... more
- Rod on One man to blame for MH17 tragedy Hi Guys,If the Russians supplied these deadly and complex weapons to ill-trained rebels, who did not have the needed ... more
- Samuel J on Sydney drivers ignoring road rules I take great delight when I see them wheeled over by the police and booked up. These Sydney creeps drive like damned ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on One man to blame for MH17 tragedy His name is Vladimar Putin. Not a leader's bootlace. Ex KGB operative who seriously has a lot to answer for. I would not ... more
- Join the Q Society on Smoking on the decline @ Keith A Tudor,So would I, but a ban needs to be enforced and the current bans are not.Have you seen the suicidal idiots ... more
- Join the Q Society on Real home grown terrorism concerns The problem is ISLAM, research the Quran and realise why.From subjugating, taxing and killing those that are deemed non ... more
- Craig on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate Rising sea levels Mr Shorten? I live near the waterfront and last time I looked it was the same as always. Sea levels do not ... more
Defending Live Animal Export
Stephanie Coombes has gone from being a member of Animals Australia to working on the boats that takes our animals to their death overseas. She tells John Stanley why she supports live animal export.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
When are we going to show the Halal slaughter going on here in Australia. It cannot be decreed as humane, so why only pick on other countries ??Johannes Saturday 10 November, 2012 - 2:28 PM
I wish all Syrians, Afghanis, Palestinians and Iraqi's were cattle, they would have got better justice and treatment.
This is western hypocrisy at its very worst!!!susie jarvis Saturday 10 November, 2012 - 7:11 AM
Live export only serves one purpose, to supply live sheep and cattle to the religious Halal death markets of the middle east and Asia. These barbaric factories of death where animals are slaughtered for nothing more than some warped and repulsive religious belief should make every Australia wake up to their future!Peter Friday 9 November, 2012 - 2:53 PM
So killed any flys lately or stepped on a cockroach? Did you kill them in a humane way maybe,they're animals to aren't they?Douglas Friday 9 November, 2012 - 11:58 AM
Stephanie, you may think that Live Export is fabulous but the rest of Australia don't agree with you. It will be banned. Find another job.Jane Thursday 8 November, 2012 - 8:50 PM
Steph Coombs didn't mention the fact that here in Australia 95% of our animals are pre stunned before slaughter. She mentioned there were rules and if importing countries didn't comply they would be cut off. Debatable. Once animals leave our shores we lose complete control of them as we saw recently. Also pre stunning is not a prerequisite in importing countries and we send from stunned to non stun lowering our welfare laws. After the atrocities committed in Indonesia, abattoirs last year stunning has been introduced to appease the people. In Jordan 80% of livestock is now stunned before slaughter because of Animals AustraliaÃ¢Â?Â?s Lyn White's friendship with HRH Princess Alia the sister of JordanÃ¢Â?Â?s king. Most importing countries do not have animal welfare laws at all. Our halal approved chilled meat sells very well in the middle east and elsewhere. If tariffs and incentives were removed from export our chilled meat would have a more competitive and safer market in which to do trade.Maureen Sladdin Thursday 8 November, 2012 - 8:55 AM