- Home shot at 3 times in 18 months?
- App to track your lost luggage?
- Advertising bucks will help fund rail?
- Criminals returning behind bars?
- Cut the funding of the ABC?
- ICAC: Chris Hartcher quits energy
- Need to save on holiday dollars?
- Having issues streaming 2UE?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Liz on Aussie students are falling behind? Our sub-standard teaching workforce is damaging the future of this country. A large number of teachers are inarticulate, ... more
- Amy on Aussie students are falling behind? If the teacher can not use a red pen to mark their work because it is too confrontational and they can never be FAILED and ... more
- Peter on Aussie students are falling behind? Doesn't matter how much money you throw at the education system! The student will only be as good as the teacher,teaching ... more
- Jester4212 on Handbook for men on women? This book sounds disgustingly stereotypical for both sexes. I really don't think this lady has a clue. more
- peter on Paul Hogan our Aussie Icon thanks to this natural person I started to find out my rights as an Australian more
- Craig on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? Labor projected this "they" never budgeted this it was in forward estimates and they could not see what was happening next ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? During daylight hours cyclists should ride towards the oncoming traffic to see what is coming at them, they aren't even ... more
- Anne on Another win for people smugglers? How would you know? They don't tell us anything so we can't see its not working, after all the noise they made. more
- Anne on Education: is Pyne out of his depth? Well said John. Pyne's sort of flippancy on the issue is really offensive when its about our kids. There are other things ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Another win for people smugglers? @James W. The only reason why 90% of the people who had TPV now live in Australia is because the Labor Government abolished ... more
- Robert on Another win for people smugglers? @Amy. You will have to forgive Paulo. He is incapable of controlling his anti-White racism. more
- Robert on Another win for people smugglers? @Paulo. Australia is not a democracy. If Australia was a democracy there would be no multiculturalism. WE were not allowed ... more
- Barry Mackenzie on Teachers strike, but agree to payrise What part am i missing , 100k for a teacher , maybe everyone should work for public service and see how the country gets on ... more
- paulo on Another win for people smugglers? i will explain amy.I know the liberals won, however Peter wants to dissolve parliament and have just the liberals .I ... more
- Peter on Another win for people smugglers? Bad luck Paul your Liberal buddies are going down with the boat people ships, Have another whinge on your TV show tonight more
- Peter on Rate the Abbott govt. report card One term wonder more
- Suzie McDonald on Ever attended an odd wedding? Such a good idea! more
- Amy on Another win for people smugglers? Please explain, paulo, how Peters comments are fascist or non democratic?The Conservatives, like it or not won the election. ... more
- James W on Another win for people smugglers? 90% of those who received a TPV under Howard now reside in Australia. Doesn't strike me as much of a deterrent. more
- paulo on Another win for people smugglers? Peter get out of Australia and take your fascist comments with you.This is a democracy .If you cant except it then ... more
Defending Live Animal Export
Stephanie Coombes has gone from being a member of Animals Australia to working on the boats that takes our animals to their death overseas. She tells John Stanley why she supports live animal export.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
When are we going to show the Halal slaughter going on here in Australia. It cannot be decreed as humane, so why only pick on other countries ??Johannes Saturday 10 November, 2012 - 2:28 PM
I wish all Syrians, Afghanis, Palestinians and Iraqi's were cattle, they would have got better justice and treatment.
This is western hypocrisy at its very worst!!!susie jarvis Saturday 10 November, 2012 - 7:11 AM
Live export only serves one purpose, to supply live sheep and cattle to the religious Halal death markets of the middle east and Asia. These barbaric factories of death where animals are slaughtered for nothing more than some warped and repulsive religious belief should make every Australia wake up to their future!Peter Friday 9 November, 2012 - 2:53 PM
So killed any flys lately or stepped on a cockroach? Did you kill them in a humane way maybe,they're animals to aren't they?Douglas Friday 9 November, 2012 - 11:58 AM
Stephanie, you may think that Live Export is fabulous but the rest of Australia don't agree with you. It will be banned. Find another job.Jane Thursday 8 November, 2012 - 8:50 PM
Steph Coombs didn't mention the fact that here in Australia 95% of our animals are pre stunned before slaughter. She mentioned there were rules and if importing countries didn't comply they would be cut off. Debatable. Once animals leave our shores we lose complete control of them as we saw recently. Also pre stunning is not a prerequisite in importing countries and we send from stunned to non stun lowering our welfare laws. After the atrocities committed in Indonesia, abattoirs last year stunning has been introduced to appease the people. In Jordan 80% of livestock is now stunned before slaughter because of Animals AustraliaÃ¢Â?Â?s Lyn White's friendship with HRH Princess Alia the sister of JordanÃ¢Â?Â?s king. Most importing countries do not have animal welfare laws at all. Our halal approved chilled meat sells very well in the middle east and elsewhere. If tariffs and incentives were removed from export our chilled meat would have a more competitive and safer market in which to do trade.Maureen Sladdin Thursday 8 November, 2012 - 8:55 AM