- Drivers not tested for cocaine use?
- Want to sing at the Opera House?
- Close encounters on planet Mars
- Who deserved their shonky award
- Clubs to expand into childcare?
- Not enough jobs for uni grads?
- Who's been snooping in your bin?
- Demerits for illegal disabled parkers
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- THE WEATHER on Perfect storm strikes across Sydney Well its soaking wet and freezing cold, could it be man 'made global warming' in disguise? Without the big dry and the ... more
- Cleangirl on Apologise to a culture of complaint Apologise because someone may choose to take offence ? more
- Join the Q Society on Apologise to a culture of complaint Non offensive T Shirt should have the same wording but with the Islamic State Flag! more
- Patriot on Apologise to a culture of complaint Slick and pretentious Woolworths obviously lack charisma and they lack credibility too. Woolworths will lose even more ... more
- Tanya on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets What a lot of utter BS, When the Greens don't like something you know its OK. When has the truth become "Totally ... more
- WHAT POLICE? on Sydney violence a generation thing? Excuses, excuses! Amazingly even with record police numbers, it is a struggle to find our invisible police force i.e. huge ... more
- Troy on Hillsong, more than just a church So tired of hearing from this woman anytime Hillsong is mentioned. She hasn't been there in well over a decade. She couldn't ... more
- Mr Creepy on Are 'fun police' banning everything? We have all seen it. A poodle mounts the leg of a bigger dog. The expression on the poodles face is a little amusing, a ... more
- Voluptuous Hypothesis on Sydney to bathe in blood moon? Just in time to watch the moon die. Blood moon exsanguinated. Eclipse reached totality. Here, north of Dallas, the moon ... more
- Cleangirl on Labor Party 'Headed for the rocks' Labor has to stop the Left-wing senseless rhetoric, and start looking out for the workers, their families and get some ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane It was reported that Islamic State agents are travelling in fours with false passports, posing as refugees to enter Europe! ... more
- Craig on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane Kobane will fall as Turkey will not allow the Kurdish fighters there to receive heavy weapons to repel the invaders.They ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane I thought that islam was a peaceful religion? more
- Steve on Fire danger ignored for burn off? I live in St. Ives and witnessed the extra firetrucks racing along Mona Vale road (under lights and sirens)to assist. ... more
- Rob on Fire danger ignored for burn off? This is so typical of the NSWRFS staff. Happy to get in front of the camera on an "out of control bushfire" but have no clue ... more
- Greg on A Fair Go For Seniors Forum With $40B as the estimated cost to pay all volunteer work across Australia each year, has anyone considered the impact of ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Call for calm in Islamic debate Realistically compare "islamic extremism" to so called "christian extremism"...got the picture yet. more
- Cate B. on Banning the burqa an overreaction? Come out to busy Merrylands Stockland Mall and see if you still want the burqa? more
- Annette 72 years of age on Banning the burqa an overreaction? i dont see what the Muslim community dosent understand we just want to see their faces .thats it . it terrifies me to walk ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Banning the burqa an overreaction? What about the BURQA-CLAD mother of seven who claimed she was the victim of mistaken identity, jailed for six months for ... more
Defending Live Animal Export
Stephanie Coombes has gone from being a member of Animals Australia to working on the boats that takes our animals to their death overseas. She tells John Stanley why she supports live animal export.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
When are we going to show the Halal slaughter going on here in Australia. It cannot be decreed as humane, so why only pick on other countries ??Johannes Saturday 10 November, 2012 - 2:28 PM
I wish all Syrians, Afghanis, Palestinians and Iraqi's were cattle, they would have got better justice and treatment.
This is western hypocrisy at its very worst!!!susie jarvis Saturday 10 November, 2012 - 7:11 AM
Live export only serves one purpose, to supply live sheep and cattle to the religious Halal death markets of the middle east and Asia. These barbaric factories of death where animals are slaughtered for nothing more than some warped and repulsive religious belief should make every Australia wake up to their future!Peter Friday 9 November, 2012 - 2:53 PM
So killed any flys lately or stepped on a cockroach? Did you kill them in a humane way maybe,they're animals to aren't they?Douglas Friday 9 November, 2012 - 11:58 AM
Stephanie, you may think that Live Export is fabulous but the rest of Australia don't agree with you. It will be banned. Find another job.Jane Thursday 8 November, 2012 - 8:50 PM
Steph Coombs didn't mention the fact that here in Australia 95% of our animals are pre stunned before slaughter. She mentioned there were rules and if importing countries didn't comply they would be cut off. Debatable. Once animals leave our shores we lose complete control of them as we saw recently. Also pre stunning is not a prerequisite in importing countries and we send from stunned to non stun lowering our welfare laws. After the atrocities committed in Indonesia, abattoirs last year stunning has been introduced to appease the people. In Jordan 80% of livestock is now stunned before slaughter because of Animals AustraliaÃ¢Â?Â?s Lyn White's friendship with HRH Princess Alia the sister of JordanÃ¢Â?Â?s king. Most importing countries do not have animal welfare laws at all. Our halal approved chilled meat sells very well in the middle east and elsewhere. If tariffs and incentives were removed from export our chilled meat would have a more competitive and safer market in which to do trade.Maureen Sladdin Thursday 8 November, 2012 - 8:55 AM