- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- Anzac Day: just a public holiday?
- Set to be slugged for your gas?
- The man behind the voice of Dr Hook
- Anzac Day: will it always be sacred?
- Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets?
- Angela Catterns with Tina Arena
- Foy Vance talks on Joy of Nothing
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Kimber on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? My visits to my doctor have never been "free", we live in a regional area and have never had bulk billing and we still pay ... more
- Kimber on When to let a loved one go? Agreed, a very difficult topic, but definitely a case by case basis. Having been in this situation with an elderly loved one ... more
- Coasty on Anger at Anzac Day breast competition I'll put it out there that ANZAC's could make a competition out of anything. If you don't want to rate your own breasts ... more
- Tangled Web on 20 police officers charged this year Ever since the standards were drastically lowered for entry into the police force and the training weakened, the undesirable ... more
- Fred on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bull Shorten is a little thick, he is still banging on about dodgy global warming/climate change and his absurd tax, when ... more
- Samuel J on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor I trust, hope and pray the now utterly defunct, useless, incompetent labor party will remain in Opposition for the next 20 ... more
- Craig on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? As for Hockeys nasty GP co-payment, I heard him on radio recently and when asked if he paid his doctor extra money now? ... more
- Greg O on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Since when was our "free" medical system free? Someone else has always had to pay for it. Even back in day one when the ... more
- Jane M. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Has anyone yet asked silly big Joe Hockey, what is the doctor supposed to do, when those sick people in distress with a bad ... more
- Tangled Web on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor According to the old Bill Shorten; â??I have full confidence in Craig Thomsonâ??. Bill Shorten (Aug 2011): Craig Thomson ... more
- Eric (From the West) on When is the flu just a cold? Re: Stuart Bockings comments about a second airport affecting property values. The reality is that we don't know what will ... more
- Tangled Web on Shorten calls for Labor Party reforms Evidently that insincere, plastic Bill Shorten is not all that bright and he is not lonely either. If Labor have nothing ... more
- Tangled Web on When is the flu just a cold? Thanks, that was somewhat informative. We all had a very bad, highly contagious flu like virus in late January and it ... more
- Anonymous on Father's fight to see his daughter Poor Andrew is correct. Way back in 1987 I divorced my very cruel, hate filled wife. Subsequently for the next 20+ years, ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: reflecting recent battles Amazingly, there are some elements around who still call themselves Australians. They are so ungrateful to our brave ... more
- Tangled Web on William & Kate head to Uluru I am trying my very best, but I just can't get excited about all of this media attention on the royal ... more
- Tangled Web on Baird reshuffle - winners and losers? Lets just hope, that the replacement premier is not just another expensive Grange wine drinker with a bad memory too? And ... more
- Tangled Web on Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks? @Keith A Tudor is obviously correct, how much longer will we accommodate all of this destructive drunkenness? Lets just see ... more
Disability campaigner heckles PM
Paul Murray speaks with disability rights campaigner Mel Leckie who challenged the Prime Minister at a press conference today. She explains how the federal rules have trapped her on an unfairly low income.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Two Murrays with a warning to diabetics. Denis Duthie drank vodka and suffered a bad reaction with his diabetes medication. His body shut down, he went blind, but recovered with a Johnny Walker whiskey.
What is your mortgage rate? Borrowers could save as much as $55,000 from their home loan if they're brave enough to haggle with the banks. John Stanley & Paul Clitheroe on what to ask for.
Paul, Mel would be aware of the rules governing disability pension, namely, that it is intentionaly extremely hard to qualify as being sufficiently impaired to be granted the disability pension. This is because welfare payments are intended only for those who genuinely need it. The major concept involved is that for a person to be considered an invalid, it is because they are unable to work to support themselves, thereby justifying the disability pension. On the other hand, if they are capable of working more than only a couple of hours per week (and this particularly reflected in the impact levels of which Mel is complaining) then this brings the person`s invalidity, hence their entitlement, rightly into question.Cath Monday 3 December, 2012 - 11:41 PM
Hmmmm. And as for Madame Jul-liar Eileen Gillard's so called Disability Scheme, the establishment of which she rammed her failed utterly incompetent, deceitful minority socialist rotten 'governments' legislation through parliament late last week; I believe it will not come to fruition. There is no money available to establish the scheme, no financial modelling or implementation plan. Just another Gillard/Swan damned LIE!Justin Benson Monday 3 December, 2012 - 5:16 PM
The heavily in debt Labor government has plenty of borrowed Chinese money, $Billions of dollars for everyone else overseas in other countries and for the damned illegals who just come here on the boats, after purposely throwing away their passports and mobile phones and then fraudulently claim asylum, fooling the receptive authorities and then aggressively demand everything and they get it too!! Juliar Gillard throws wasted cash at these unworthy people, she does not give a stuff about suffering Australians, thats for sure and certain. I don't believe a word grovelling Juliar said to Mel Leckie, apparently just for the media. Juliar-Labor evidently do not care about Aussies...JULIARRR Monday 3 December, 2012 - 4:21 PM