- Ban the burqa in parliament house?
- Burqa ban only for parliament house?
- More hotspots for Wi Fi in Sydney
- Who will win the NRL Grand Final?
- Should we extend daylight saving?
- Fuel theft adding to petrol costs
- Do you like Daylight Saving?
- Nominate the worst road in Sydney
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- WHEN IN ROME... on Ban the burqa in parliament house? For very good reason France banned the burqa and the the European Court of Human Rights agreed! We will one day do the same, ... more
- peter on More hotspots for Wi Fi in Sydney yep more access to your computer , they need everyone connectednow would be the time to put tape over your camera and cover ... more
- Tejas on Nominate the worst road in Sydney All roads that have awkward placed drain holes. Seriously. Instead of being right in the middle of the lane or right on the ... more
- Cleangirl on Ban the burqa in parliament house? Natasha Stott-Despoja thinks it`s ok, argues that it`s ok, so we know it`s a loopy idea to let people wear full face ... more
- Sam on Nominate the worst road in Sydney Pennant Hills Rd by far. So frustrating when your exiting the M1 & then have to sit in bumper to bumper traffic until you ... more
- peter on Ban the burqa in parliament house? if it is not good enough for parliament it is not good enough for our streets where most australians are why protect the ... more
- Marge on Burqa ban only for parliament house? We already have laws which dictate what is acceptable attire to be worn in public in this country. For example it is against ... more
- Jo on Burqa ban only for parliament house? So PM Tony Abbott thinks it should be banned in Parliament but not in a bank or the footie or any large gathering of ... more
- Jester4212 on Burqa ban only for parliament house? It should extend to anywhere where facial recognition is or may be required (like a bank). Exactly like people with hoodies ... more
- By Jingo on Burqa ban only for parliament house? No fear campaign . Just trying to keep us Aussies safe and give us a better place to live . Now the majority agree with that ... more
- James on Burqa ban only for parliament house? Criminal Ned Kelly wore a burqa and that didn't end well. Psychology maintains that an important part of human interaction ... more
- COMMON SENSE... on Burqa ban only for parliament house? You can't wear a motor cycle helmet into Parliament House so what's the difference . No burqa, no balaclava, no helmets, no ... more
- michael mazur on Lives lost serving the community What i got from that is that you don't pursue a hoon, just get his number, if you can't, too bad, as it won't be the just ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should we present our ID to vote? Our current shabbily abused electoral process clearly needs major reform. It is essential that we provide appropriate ... more
- James W on Nominate the worst road in Sydney The one heading north. Queenslander!!!! more
- Ben on Should we present our ID to vote? What ID?? more
- Cleangirl on Terrorism: why we shouldn't panic Yes we are fortunate most are not devout. more
- Craig on Should we present our ID to vote? It is the people who count them that we should be watching, google the latest Scottish vote and see what you think! more
- Join the Q Society on Drivers oblivious to their surrounds Most drivers are also oblivious to the road rules!http://www.youtube.com/dashcam55 more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Terrorism: why we shouldn't panic We shouldn't panic, because US President Obama last week said that "islam teaches peace"? more
Disability campaigner heckles PM
Paul Murray speaks with disability rights campaigner Mel Leckie who challenged the Prime Minister at a press conference today. She explains how the federal rules have trapped her on an unfairly low income.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Two Murrays with a warning to diabetics. Denis Duthie drank vodka and suffered a bad reaction with his diabetes medication. His body shut down, he went blind, but recovered with a Johnny Walker whiskey.
What is your mortgage rate? Borrowers could save as much as $55,000 from their home loan if they're brave enough to haggle with the banks. John Stanley & Paul Clitheroe on what to ask for.
Paul, Mel would be aware of the rules governing disability pension, namely, that it is intentionaly extremely hard to qualify as being sufficiently impaired to be granted the disability pension. This is because welfare payments are intended only for those who genuinely need it. The major concept involved is that for a person to be considered an invalid, it is because they are unable to work to support themselves, thereby justifying the disability pension. On the other hand, if they are capable of working more than only a couple of hours per week (and this particularly reflected in the impact levels of which Mel is complaining) then this brings the person`s invalidity, hence their entitlement, rightly into question.Cath Monday 3 December, 2012 - 11:41 PM
Hmmmm. And as for Madame Jul-liar Eileen Gillard's so called Disability Scheme, the establishment of which she rammed her failed utterly incompetent, deceitful minority socialist rotten 'governments' legislation through parliament late last week; I believe it will not come to fruition. There is no money available to establish the scheme, no financial modelling or implementation plan. Just another Gillard/Swan damned LIE!Justin Benson Monday 3 December, 2012 - 5:16 PM
The heavily in debt Labor government has plenty of borrowed Chinese money, $Billions of dollars for everyone else overseas in other countries and for the damned illegals who just come here on the boats, after purposely throwing away their passports and mobile phones and then fraudulently claim asylum, fooling the receptive authorities and then aggressively demand everything and they get it too!! Juliar Gillard throws wasted cash at these unworthy people, she does not give a stuff about suffering Australians, thats for sure and certain. I don't believe a word grovelling Juliar said to Mel Leckie, apparently just for the media. Juliar-Labor evidently do not care about Aussies...JULIARRR Monday 3 December, 2012 - 4:21 PM