- Facing the unknowns in Middle East
- Blind man refused mobile phone?
- When do you tell kids bad news?
- Climate: are we serious enough?
- Ray Martin on ex-PM Julia Gillard
- Lonely Planet's East Coast picks
- Career checkups for over 50's
- Pamela Stevenson on Brazouka
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Vince on New terror laws to prohibit torture Torture sounds rather humane compared to what these bastards are dishing out overseas. more
- I propose new Middle East laws on Not in the name of religion 50 years of relentless vicious abuse is enough. I will not stand idly by and allow that abuse to destroy the next generation ... more
- Robert on Not in the name of religion Not about religion? Yeah right. You keep telling yourself that Tim. Its about Islam mate, take the blinkers off. more
- Join the Q Society on Not in the name of religion Tim, this is pure IslamQuran 8:12ShakirWhen your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who ... more
- Davo on Not in the name of religion Nailed it Tim. more
- adam on Should we ban local ISIS flag sales? Justin, the extract below is from Christian News Minute (CNM) I hope it gives you pause for thought.The ISIS flag consists ... more
- The Devils Advocate on Too apathetic to make a change? Neil really wants to say the number plate is an antiemetic racial slur. He is prevented from saying that because he has ... more
- RAKESH ADUK on Too apathetic to make a change? Garry Linnell talks a lot of sense! Whenever I go overseas and see the beautiful Aussie flag, it immediately takes me back ... more
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
Disability campaigner heckles PM
Paul Murray speaks with disability rights campaigner Mel Leckie who challenged the Prime Minister at a press conference today. She explains how the federal rules have trapped her on an unfairly low income.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Two Murrays with a warning to diabetics. Denis Duthie drank vodka and suffered a bad reaction with his diabetes medication. His body shut down, he went blind, but recovered with a Johnny Walker whiskey.
What is your mortgage rate? Borrowers could save as much as $55,000 from their home loan if they're brave enough to haggle with the banks. John Stanley & Paul Clitheroe on what to ask for.
Paul, Mel would be aware of the rules governing disability pension, namely, that it is intentionaly extremely hard to qualify as being sufficiently impaired to be granted the disability pension. This is because welfare payments are intended only for those who genuinely need it. The major concept involved is that for a person to be considered an invalid, it is because they are unable to work to support themselves, thereby justifying the disability pension. On the other hand, if they are capable of working more than only a couple of hours per week (and this particularly reflected in the impact levels of which Mel is complaining) then this brings the person`s invalidity, hence their entitlement, rightly into question.Cath Monday 3 December, 2012 - 11:41 PM
Hmmmm. And as for Madame Jul-liar Eileen Gillard's so called Disability Scheme, the establishment of which she rammed her failed utterly incompetent, deceitful minority socialist rotten 'governments' legislation through parliament late last week; I believe it will not come to fruition. There is no money available to establish the scheme, no financial modelling or implementation plan. Just another Gillard/Swan damned LIE!Justin Benson Monday 3 December, 2012 - 5:16 PM
The heavily in debt Labor government has plenty of borrowed Chinese money, $Billions of dollars for everyone else overseas in other countries and for the damned illegals who just come here on the boats, after purposely throwing away their passports and mobile phones and then fraudulently claim asylum, fooling the receptive authorities and then aggressively demand everything and they get it too!! Juliar Gillard throws wasted cash at these unworthy people, she does not give a stuff about suffering Australians, thats for sure and certain. I don't believe a word grovelling Juliar said to Mel Leckie, apparently just for the media. Juliar-Labor evidently do not care about Aussies...JULIARRR Monday 3 December, 2012 - 4:21 PM