- It's Time: Heralded era of new politics
- Anger at teen jihadist's threats
- Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM
- The Whisper: Waste at Tafe
- Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough
- Gough Whitlam: a giant of our time
- Time to help out Ebola regions?
- Too young for homework?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Laura on Accident hotspot: northern beaches Shocking, and thoughts go out to those personally affected; speedy recovery all. But let's have a proper (timely ... more
- Yusuf on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM Brain washed idiots. Lock them up and leave them there for life. more
- yusuf on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A man of real substance. My condolences to his family. more
- Yusuf on The Whisper: where burqa ban began Australia has its own values and freedoms and does not have to follow other countries. There are also examples of other ... more
- TEN FOUR... on Accident hotspot: northern beaches Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on The Whisper: where burqa ban began France saw fit to ban the burqa but "sorry" Australia did not? more
- Raumann Gagnon on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A great leader , a warm friend . Always honest in what he did and said . Faithful to his beliefs and ideas . He shall be ... more
- REALISTIC on Drivers not tested for cocaine use? Well that explains all of the constant madness and road rage etc going on in our streets...so what are our invisible 'police ... more
- THE WEATHER on Perfect storm strikes across Sydney Well its soaking wet and freezing cold, could it be man 'made global warming' in disguise? Without the big dry and the ... more
- Cleangirl on Apologise to a culture of complaint Apologise because someone may choose to take offence ? more
- Join the Q Society on Apologise to a culture of complaint Non offensive T Shirt should have the same wording but with the Islamic State Flag! more
- Patriot on Apologise to a culture of complaint Slick and pretentious Woolworths obviously lack charisma and they lack credibility too. Woolworths will lose even more ... more
- Tanya on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets What a lot of utter BS, When the Greens don't like something you know its OK. When has the truth become "Totally ... more
- WHAT POLICE? on Sydney violence a generation thing? Excuses, excuses! Amazingly even with record police numbers, it is a struggle to find our invisible police force i.e. huge ... more
- Troy on Hillsong, more than just a church So tired of hearing from this woman anytime Hillsong is mentioned. She hasn't been there in well over a decade. She couldn't ... more
- Mr Creepy on Are 'fun police' banning everything? We have all seen it. A poodle mounts the leg of a bigger dog. The expression on the poodles face is a little amusing, a ... more
- Voluptuous Hypothesis on Sydney to bathe in blood moon? Just in time to watch the moon die. Blood moon exsanguinated. Eclipse reached totality. Here, north of Dallas, the moon ... more
- Cleangirl on Labor Party 'Headed for the rocks' Labor has to stop the Left-wing senseless rhetoric, and start looking out for the workers, their families and get some ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane It was reported that Islamic State agents are travelling in fours with false passports, posing as refugees to enter Europe! ... more
Disability campaigner heckles PM
Paul Murray speaks with disability rights campaigner Mel Leckie who challenged the Prime Minister at a press conference today. She explains how the federal rules have trapped her on an unfairly low income.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Two Murrays with a warning to diabetics. Denis Duthie drank vodka and suffered a bad reaction with his diabetes medication. His body shut down, he went blind, but recovered with a Johnny Walker whiskey.
What is your mortgage rate? Borrowers could save as much as $55,000 from their home loan if they're brave enough to haggle with the banks. John Stanley & Paul Clitheroe on what to ask for.
Paul, Mel would be aware of the rules governing disability pension, namely, that it is intentionaly extremely hard to qualify as being sufficiently impaired to be granted the disability pension. This is because welfare payments are intended only for those who genuinely need it. The major concept involved is that for a person to be considered an invalid, it is because they are unable to work to support themselves, thereby justifying the disability pension. On the other hand, if they are capable of working more than only a couple of hours per week (and this particularly reflected in the impact levels of which Mel is complaining) then this brings the person`s invalidity, hence their entitlement, rightly into question.Cath Monday 3 December, 2012 - 11:41 PM
Hmmmm. And as for Madame Jul-liar Eileen Gillard's so called Disability Scheme, the establishment of which she rammed her failed utterly incompetent, deceitful minority socialist rotten 'governments' legislation through parliament late last week; I believe it will not come to fruition. There is no money available to establish the scheme, no financial modelling or implementation plan. Just another Gillard/Swan damned LIE!Justin Benson Monday 3 December, 2012 - 5:16 PM
The heavily in debt Labor government has plenty of borrowed Chinese money, $Billions of dollars for everyone else overseas in other countries and for the damned illegals who just come here on the boats, after purposely throwing away their passports and mobile phones and then fraudulently claim asylum, fooling the receptive authorities and then aggressively demand everything and they get it too!! Juliar Gillard throws wasted cash at these unworthy people, she does not give a stuff about suffering Australians, thats for sure and certain. I don't believe a word grovelling Juliar said to Mel Leckie, apparently just for the media. Juliar-Labor evidently do not care about Aussies...JULIARRR Monday 3 December, 2012 - 4:21 PM