- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Xenophon to set up political party
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
Disconnect in who we should help?
Jason Morrison questions our priorities when at Christmas Island there is food being dumped because there is too much of it at due by dates, yet charities cry out for assistance to help those in need.
Jason Morrison discusses the dumped food on 2UE Breakfast
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Bush Fire Season starts this long weekend and we're reminded to prepare for a potentially dangerous one. John Stanley with Deputy Commissioner Rob Rodgers on what you need to be aware of this season.
Bring on the screaming, chants, sledging and passion. Contrast it with riots in the streets in recent weeks. John Stanley is proud to be an Aussie, where tribal passions are restricted to the sporting field.
The report that I saw (on Yahoo7News) said that food had passed its `best before` date, Not its `use by` (i.e. Expiry) date. If this is true then what is really needed on Christmas Island is a public awareness campaign to educate the locals responsible for dumping the good food, to bring them into line with the true meaning, and difference between, the two terms. It looks to me like they have misunderstood the implications of the definition of the term `best before`.CC Wednesday 3 October, 2012 - 12:24 PM
This is ridiculous, you cannot push and push for offshore processing, see it occur and then complain about the logistics of food supply. What is supposed to be done? We ship/fly the partially eaten food back to Australia? Or do we keep the asylum seekers in detention and not feed them? You can't have it both ways, Jason.Nathan Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 4:29 PM
Due by date, why are "Illegal" invaders of our country being given a choice of what they can and cannot eat. There a thousands of people all over Australia that live on the poverty line and these people are given a choice?
There is something very very wrong here!Peter Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 8:50 AM