- Should we be allowed to carry guns in the street?
- Should we be allowed to carry guns in the street?
- Pauline Hanson will stand for Lockyer seat
- How often are violent crimes committed by people out on bail?
- Top Cardinal offers Vatican for Olympic Archery venue
- St Andrew’s Cathedral holding a service for Sydney Siege
- Man Haron Monis had a violent criminal history
- PM Tony Abbott responds to the ending of Sydney Siege
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Merry Christmas on Do you still send Christmas cards? How did we venture so far off the road to joy and tranquillity. How have we allowed the road that has a deeper foundation in ... more
- Tejas on Leadership rumblings for PM Abbott? it would be incredibly ironic were the liberal party to get rid of abbott given the previous rudd gillard mess.but then ... more
- Craig on Outrageous pay for council managers Yes, imagine how much they would demand if councils were recognised in the Australian Constitution.Although they do manage ... more
- Greg O on Tony Abbott suffering poll plunge I have said before that Tony has the ability but he can not get the message across. Joe is no better. The Government needs ... more
- geoff on Joe Hockey plays down disharmony TO FIX THE BUDGET YOU HAVE TO BE PREPARED TO TRADE YOUR WAY OUT OF IT BUDGET, NOT JUST DEMAND IT BY PENALIZING THE POOR, THE ... more
- geoff on Tony Abbott suffering poll plunge A GOVERNMENT INTENT ON DESTROYING PEOPLE LIVES BECAUSE OF A BUDGET CRISISS more
- Tejas on GTA5 taken from Target shelves There are worse games out there. The fact is it is a popular game. Just looking at the reviews, very, very favourably.Fact ... more
- Tejas on Want us to shop, let us park! Yes but Steve in the major centres it will cost you even more if you park on the street.I know Westfield at Burwood only has ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Will you play Scrooge at Christmas? Sorry Australia but I am agnostic and my wife is Buddhist. more
- Bikinis not Burkas on 300 right lane road hogs fined What about the left lane hogs that won't move over at an on ramp but prefer to slam on the breaks when the right lane is ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Smoking and the art of politeness Why make laws when they are NOT enforced?I see shop owners sitting 1 meter from their door sucking on their suicide sticks ... more
- Tejas on John & Garry award a Hyundai i30 Congrats to Donna. I was listening live. I am sure John would like this more often where only he is in the studio because he ... more
- MARY CHRIST MASS 2014 on Coles set to sell lottery tickets? Aggressive! Coles's obvious plan is to own everything...and how good is that? I hardly wonder what the lame and toothless, ... more
- COSTCO IS THE GO... on Want us to shop, let us park! @Steve to hell with greedy Westfield, we now go to Costco and buy everything there, it is fantastic and the service is ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on Police defend Potts Point arrest I fully support the actions of the police in this situation. These ferals would have got away except for the astute actions ... more
- Craig on Tension between Abbott & Bishop? Here we go again, ego's getting in the way of coming up with idea's to fix the mess left by the Green's and Labor. Just like ... more
- Steve on Want us to shop, let us park! I had the misfortune of taking my godson to the movies at Westfield Miranda only to discover that they are now charging for ... more
- REALISTIC on Suffering from charity fatigue? Where ever you go, it appears that everyone has got a hard luck story these days. Charities have become an industry with ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Will you play Scrooge at Christmas? Most all of the presents are now imported from china and are not all that cheap in price these days, but very cheap in ... more
- Greg O on Suffering from charity fatigue? A few years ago my wife and I sent a donation to a well known charity. Since then I am sure they have spent more than we ... more
Do children benefit getting outdoors?
Less than 10% of Australian families think being outdoors is important for their kids. Getting outdoors has been found to boost the cognitive development of children. Stuart Bocking goes back to the future.
Do enough children these days get outdoors to enjoy the benefits we once had?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Outdoor games are essential for children, its like physical exercise and helps in growing, increasing will power, immunity and many more. Outdoor games should be there for children.Writing Firm Thursday 28 June, 2012 - 9:37 PM
Going outdoors regularly is essential for children. My wife and I have been members of a large thirty year old family orientated car club for many years. We, along with many other members and their children, have taken our kids on countless camping, sightseeing and educational trips everywhere from the beautiful Victorian High Country to the tropics of Queensland to the central deserts of South Australia, Western Australia and the Northern Territory. We have even been on some of Len Beadell's "highways". These trips have been anything from daily outings close to home to some that took many weeks. Unfortunately our efforts have come in for a lot of criticism in recent years in the media and talk back radio. The reason being we are some of those social outcasts who own a four wheel drive and have the hide to drive it in the city where we live..Greg O Wednesday 27 June, 2012 - 10:28 PM