- The lone wolf: who is watching?
- McSchools for fast food education
- Rabbi's response to Greens Grinch
- Creep filming bums on beaches
- Canadian attack Canberra wake-up
- Horrific scenes of animal cruelty
- Love a garage sale bargain?
- Pyrmont bridge shared path dangers
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Truck crash at traffic hotspot I wish various authorities and media would stop calling these smashes involving trucks as 'accidents'. In almost every case ... more
- Tony on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM What a Tool!Lets hope one of the first things the SAS do in Iraq is to make this idiots day! more
- Realistic on The Whisper: Waste at Tafe Surprise surprise, long ago, thirty years back the Liberal NSW Education Minister Terry Metherell rightly said that TAFE was ... more
- ETERNITY... on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam Well Australia can thank Gough Whitlam and Al Grassby and indeed the Labor party for so called multicultural Sydney. more
- Laura on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Shocking, and thoughts go out to those personally affected; speedy recovery all. But let's have a proper (timely ... more
- Yusuf on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM Brain washed idiots. Lock them up and leave them there for life. more
- yusuf on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A man of real substance. My condolences to his family. more
- Yusuf on The Whisper: where burqa ban began Australia has its own values and freedoms and does not have to follow other countries. There are also examples of other ... more
- TEN FOUR... on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
Do you cheat at self-serve checkout?
Supermarkets brought in self-scan checkouts to save time. But do people use the service honestly? John Stanley reveals how shoppers are cheating the system and asks why they don't see what they're doing as shoplifting.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Why don't wollies/coles etc pay us wages to operate THEIR checkouts by offering a 5% discount on our purchase? Don't forget they are NOT paying our Workers Comp premiums ,penalty rates, superannuation etc so a 5% discount is a good deal the way I see it. Perhaps we can charge them our time spent on the self serve checkout and take it off the bill? They are,.. after all purporting to be cutomer friendly! NOT they, like all the majors are about MONOPOLISING everything and REDUCING choice.I say that it's fair game, they want something for nothing now they might hire extra staff to police the self serve checkouts.Faz Friday 5 August, 2011 - 12:45 PM
As the daughter of an Independent supermarket owner from years back, I will not use auto checkout. I believe they take jobs from staff,they have not lowered prices & I don't think they are convenient.
We pay high enough prices to Woolworths/Coles as evidenced by their huge profits, for them to employ staff to give customers service.Alison Friday 5 August, 2011 - 11:55 AM
I never use self check out.
I don't work for coles or safeway and never will.ele Thursday 4 August, 2011 - 11:48 AM
I don't do it because I don't use the self serve, the Idea being that I'd like to see more people at work rather than automation. I have noticed at my local supermarket that even though the express counters are empty, there is a large cue of mainly under 30's waiting to use the self serve.... I always wondered why... methinks I now know.Faz Thursday 4 August, 2011 - 8:57 AM
i do it. especially when you see the checkouts flooded with people and hardly anyone using the self checkouts. it gets a bit used to and im a young guy but it will come along.Martin Wednesday 3 August, 2011 - 6:00 PM