- Jacob Borg wins the Citroen DS3
- Mike Baird now 44th NSW Premier
- Gary O'Callaghan on Talk Back Radio
- If those were my kids, I'd...
- Barry O'Farrell takes to Twitter
- Have you met the royal couple?
- Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks?
- Looking back on O'Farrell the man
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alan J on Mike Baird set to become Premier Barry appeared spooked? Why did he panic? more
- Tangled Web on No alternative but for Barry to resign? @Shaun...Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever ... more
- Harry on Would you like us to be a republic? @adriano you sound a little confused, don't let the facts get in your way. The IMF have directed bankrupt England to print ... more
- Tangled Web on Mike Baird set to become Premier Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever receiving ... more
- adriano on Would you like us to be a republic? Harry is the most popular uk name mohammed is only number 19.Also steve you are wrong about the UK economy.It will rise by ... more
- David on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Barry did the right thing to resign, but given the timing of the events surrounding the bottle delivery, anyone could have ... more
- davo on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Of course they like australia .WE HAVE FOOTED THE BILL for their trip! more
- Samuel J on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I believe O'Farrell had a genuine memory lapse! And his ambushing by Watson SC of ICAC has not proven corruption either on ... more
- Shaun on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Premier O'Farrel deserves a second chance. Why don't we bring him back? more
- Robert on Have you lost faith in politicians? Lost faith?! Are you joking?!I stopped voting years ago. I hand in informal votes.Once you find out about the new world ... more
- Robert on Would you like us to be a republic? A Republic yes but DONT change the flag. more
- Tangled Web on Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed? Apparently our movers & shakers want a cashless society? What happens when the whole system crashes? It would be chaotic ... more
- Cleangirl on Would you like us to be a republic? Can ANYONE name a Republic or republic model better than what we have ? Do we choose from any of the African models ? or ... more
- Angela Coombes on Have you lost faith in politicians? Well this Robertson joker has not got the credentials to give advice - given the record of his utterly failed, absolutely ... more
- Julie on Pension age to be lifted to 70? The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Julie on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Angela Coombes on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation @Jaydee you are 1000% correct. However, I believe in the case of O'Farrell he would have received gifts on his appointment ... more
- Athol on No alternative but for Barry to resign? I can see little old wine drinker Barry, being gifted a very lucrative cushy job aboard Tony Abbott's hasty new airport ... more
- Konrad H. on Have you lost faith in politicians? Iffy Barry O'Farrell is apparently no good, however iffy John Robertson is arguably even worse. Hypocrite Robertson is ... more
- Sam on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Affection for Australia? How nice! But I hope they don't have that very same affection that they were supposed to have for ... more
Do you cheat at self-serve checkout?
Supermarkets brought in self-scan checkouts to save time. But do people use the service honestly? John Stanley reveals how shoppers are cheating the system and asks why they don't see what they're doing as shoplifting.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Why don't wollies/coles etc pay us wages to operate THEIR checkouts by offering a 5% discount on our purchase? Don't forget they are NOT paying our Workers Comp premiums ,penalty rates, superannuation etc so a 5% discount is a good deal the way I see it. Perhaps we can charge them our time spent on the self serve checkout and take it off the bill? They are,.. after all purporting to be cutomer friendly! NOT they, like all the majors are about MONOPOLISING everything and REDUCING choice.I say that it's fair game, they want something for nothing now they might hire extra staff to police the self serve checkouts.Faz Friday 5 August, 2011 - 12:45 PM
As the daughter of an Independent supermarket owner from years back, I will not use auto checkout. I believe they take jobs from staff,they have not lowered prices & I don't think they are convenient.
We pay high enough prices to Woolworths/Coles as evidenced by their huge profits, for them to employ staff to give customers service.Alison Friday 5 August, 2011 - 11:55 AM
I never use self check out.
I don't work for coles or safeway and never will.ele Thursday 4 August, 2011 - 11:48 AM
I don't do it because I don't use the self serve, the Idea being that I'd like to see more people at work rather than automation. I have noticed at my local supermarket that even though the express counters are empty, there is a large cue of mainly under 30's waiting to use the self serve.... I always wondered why... methinks I now know.Faz Thursday 4 August, 2011 - 8:57 AM
i do it. especially when you see the checkouts flooded with people and hardly anyone using the self checkouts. it gets a bit used to and im a young guy but it will come along.Martin Wednesday 3 August, 2011 - 6:00 PM