- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- Kit Harrington on making movies
- Kamahl on people being kind?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
Do you cheat at self-serve checkout?
Supermarkets brought in self-scan checkouts to save time. But do people use the service honestly? John Stanley reveals how shoppers are cheating the system and asks why they don't see what they're doing as shoplifting.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Why don't wollies/coles etc pay us wages to operate THEIR checkouts by offering a 5% discount on our purchase? Don't forget they are NOT paying our Workers Comp premiums ,penalty rates, superannuation etc so a 5% discount is a good deal the way I see it. Perhaps we can charge them our time spent on the self serve checkout and take it off the bill? They are,.. after all purporting to be cutomer friendly! NOT they, like all the majors are about MONOPOLISING everything and REDUCING choice.I say that it's fair game, they want something for nothing now they might hire extra staff to police the self serve checkouts.Faz Friday 5 August, 2011 - 12:45 PM
As the daughter of an Independent supermarket owner from years back, I will not use auto checkout. I believe they take jobs from staff,they have not lowered prices & I don't think they are convenient.
We pay high enough prices to Woolworths/Coles as evidenced by their huge profits, for them to employ staff to give customers service.Alison Friday 5 August, 2011 - 11:55 AM
I never use self check out.
I don't work for coles or safeway and never will.ele Thursday 4 August, 2011 - 11:48 AM
I don't do it because I don't use the self serve, the Idea being that I'd like to see more people at work rather than automation. I have noticed at my local supermarket that even though the express counters are empty, there is a large cue of mainly under 30's waiting to use the self serve.... I always wondered why... methinks I now know.Faz Thursday 4 August, 2011 - 8:57 AM
i do it. especially when you see the checkouts flooded with people and hardly anyone using the self checkouts. it gets a bit used to and im a young guy but it will come along.Martin Wednesday 3 August, 2011 - 6:00 PM