- New NBN plan to save $16 billion
- "Fat" Clive Palmer is fair game?
- New science of medical cannabis
- Rewards cards losing you money?
- Close Sydney shops on Boxing Day?
- NBN: what future for Sydney online
- Helipad for Darling Harbor hotel?
- Café shuts doors on barista backlash
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Cleangirl on How to stop youth going jihadist? Islam seems to cost us big time, will we ever get any benefit, or is this money insurance ? more
- fabrizio on Parents at forefront of terror war? Most mulsims not terrorists and have spoken up against it.Just like most catholics are not child abusers. more
- Join the Q Society on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? Oh well, back to the car, no delays there, LOL. more
- Tejas on Labor's broken promises generation So many books have been written about Labor recently, add this one to the list.Indeed, their demise from controlling all ... more
- Greg O on Baird polls on the rise I am not surprised. This shows the people of NSW are at last starting to think. If the corruption scandals involving the ... more
- Luigi T Cassimatis on Cyclists party to contest next election We need them in there like we need a bike seat up our backside. Dear oh dear it gets worse day by day with these creeps and ... more
- Gary on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? My wife and I used our Opal cards on the weekend. Not one problem, worked faultlessly, best thing ever for public ... more
- Ben on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? 1) Opal cards must become anonymous as promised and not delivered.2) Opal card system has to be fixed so that one does not ... more
- Samuel J James on Baird polls on the rise @Paulo - there is no other political party with the necessary credentials, the integrity, perspicacity or the skills needed ... more
- paulo on Baird polls on the rise Time to throw liberals out of NSW and try others. more
- fabio on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Catholic church in the West is almost irrelevant and hypocritical .No lectures from them. more
- Cleangirl on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? He didn`t think before he spoke. So how about we ask the Judiciary why nearly all sex offences involving a child rarely get ... more
- Samuel J on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? This man is just a silly big fool. And the so called Vatican transferred this dunce to their Vatican thinking they would get ... more
- Tejas on Justin Smith's Ice Bucket Challenge Good on you Justin and to Brad Hazzard for accepting the challenge. That was a touching tribute to your mate, all in the ... more
- Angela Coombes on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Thia man is not worthy of his rank. It is little wonder right thinking people are deserting the Catholic church with this ... more
- Tony on Muslim leaders anti-terror law anger You know you are on the right track and doing the right thing when so many of these lunk heads complain. All these measures ... more
- Cleangirl on What fairness for the average joe? We`ve all read stories of Australian celebrities getting off light for D.U.I. more
- Glenn Castle on Should we scrap school homework? Everybody is winging about our kids not getting enough exercise and outdoor play,our three YOUNG children are stuck inside ... more
- Jack on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? The cover up of CRIMES by the Catholic church is totally obscene.With hypocrites like this evil man in charge, it's ... more
- paulo on Muslim leaders anti-terror law anger Muslim leaders have condemned terror but people dont listen!Truth is there are many aussies that are islamaphobic and just ... more
Do you cheat at self-serve checkout?
Supermarkets brought in self-scan checkouts to save time. But do people use the service honestly? John Stanley reveals how shoppers are cheating the system and asks why they don't see what they're doing as shoplifting.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Why don't wollies/coles etc pay us wages to operate THEIR checkouts by offering a 5% discount on our purchase? Don't forget they are NOT paying our Workers Comp premiums ,penalty rates, superannuation etc so a 5% discount is a good deal the way I see it. Perhaps we can charge them our time spent on the self serve checkout and take it off the bill? They are,.. after all purporting to be cutomer friendly! NOT they, like all the majors are about MONOPOLISING everything and REDUCING choice.I say that it's fair game, they want something for nothing now they might hire extra staff to police the self serve checkouts.Faz Friday 5 August, 2011 - 12:45 PM
As the daughter of an Independent supermarket owner from years back, I will not use auto checkout. I believe they take jobs from staff,they have not lowered prices & I don't think they are convenient.
We pay high enough prices to Woolworths/Coles as evidenced by their huge profits, for them to employ staff to give customers service.Alison Friday 5 August, 2011 - 11:55 AM
I never use self check out.
I don't work for coles or safeway and never will.ele Thursday 4 August, 2011 - 11:48 AM
I don't do it because I don't use the self serve, the Idea being that I'd like to see more people at work rather than automation. I have noticed at my local supermarket that even though the express counters are empty, there is a large cue of mainly under 30's waiting to use the self serve.... I always wondered why... methinks I now know.Faz Thursday 4 August, 2011 - 8:57 AM
i do it. especially when you see the checkouts flooded with people and hardly anyone using the self checkouts. it gets a bit used to and im a young guy but it will come along.Martin Wednesday 3 August, 2011 - 6:00 PM