- Earth missed catastrophe by a week
- Asylum seekers heading to mainland
- Women still face work discrimination
- Do we all have psychic connections?
- Home lost to real estate fraudsters
- A week of horror over flight MH17
- Time for serious debate on euthanasia
- Bus crash kills one injures dozens
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? @Craig you purposely omitted Russian armed and Russian trained killers did this...what is your agenda here? more
- Gary on Abbott copping Senate body blows If the PPL for everyone is such a bad thing, waste of effort and doesn't achieve anything in regards to workplace ... more
- Samuel J James on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said indeed. And Vladimar Putin, the KGB thug and temporary President of Russia has given as much help to the ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: Putin behind the attack? It can be assumed that Putin, the KGB thug is imitating one of his equal coward and former President of the Soviet Union, ... more
- Samuel J on A week of horror over flight MH17 Putin, the KGB thug is convicted in absentia - Please God. more
- stevo on Time for serious debate on euthanasia Legalise Euthanasia for those with 6 months to live if doctors and family want.My dad asked to be given and injection as he ... more
- Cleangirl on Bus crash kills one injures dozens Get bicycles OUT of bus lanes for a start. more
- Jonathon L Benson on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The sickening pictures of the filthy train leaving Ukraine with the bodies of many of these multi-national souls on board, ... more
- Samuel J on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill The do-gooders will probably get their way with this and it will be sadly regected. We have no leadership here in nsw so let ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said. The victims even after death did not receive any dignity at all from the Russian and Ukraine ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why do we need childcare subsidies @Greg O - you are absolutely correct. It is this 'gimmie, gimmie' nonsense and nanny State mentality that is thoroughly ... more
- Kimber on MH17: the long journey home A heartfelt thank you to the Netherlands in appreciation for finally giving some dignity to the victims of flight MH17. more
- Craig on MH17: Putin behind the attack? If America has proof why have they not shown it? The Ukraine air traffic control tapes have been confiscated by the State ... more
- Greta on New Times for Weekend Shows Fantastic to hear Tim coming on earlier - love his show, has interesting segments, would love to hear more of the gardening ... more
- Craig on MH17: Putin behind the attack? @Shot down, You would also believe pigs fly.There is a lot more to this, have you seen Russia's reply yesterday? Radar of ... more
- Angela Coombes on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? I don't feel sorry for her at all. Apart from her big mouth which shoots off without thinking first this galloot is ... more
- Keith A Tudor on MH17: Putin behind the attack? I firmly believe the utterly expensive anti-aircraft missile fired at Malaysian Airlines Passenger Jet MH17 and which ... more
- Samuel J on Sydney suffering too many councils @Angry Ratepayer - I agree. Councils' charter needs to be redrawn and be in simple terms to cut out this continuous ... more
- G. Parker on Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person' This woman is a disgrace... she isn't talking to the ladies at the local RSL club, but AUSTRALIA! How can someone with this ... more
- Sheila Freeman on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Now where is Tania and the rest of the Labour party who are always ready to criticise the Libs - totally inappropriate ... more
Does offshore processing work?
George Newhouse represented families and the deceased from the asylum seeker boat which sank off Christmas Island. He tells John Stanley why he has abandoned his opposition to offshore processing.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The federal opposition and Greens have combined to defeat legislation in the Senate to legalises offshore processing of asylum seekers, as expected. It was defeated 39 votes to 29. Have our politicians failed us?
ah yes john stanley still trying to restore the balance. trouble is john, not everyone is stupidherb gilham Sunday 1 July, 2012 - 10:00 AM
There is a simple way to stop the boats.
1)Build an airstrip close to Lake Carnegie in W.A.
2)Transport ALL people that have arrived by boat since the real refugees fled Vietnam to that location.
3) Provide them with Temporary Protection Visas.
4) Provide them with Housing (Tents as the U.N. does in Africa)
5) Provide them with Food, water and clothing.
6) Reassess their status and if they paid any money to country shop instead of joining the queue then their claims to refugee status are automatically rejected and they are flown home.
7) If they can't or won't provide a country of birth they will stay in the camp indefinately!
Problem solved all U.N. obligations observed.
Would you as a Muslim Colonist want to have the gate firmly closed in front of you, I think not.Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Sunday 1 July, 2012 - 2:53 AM
It does not! Abbott is saying that because he feels he has to defend the Howard option with which he himself was associated. Gillard is saying that because she lacks the conviction of taking a principled position on this matter, like she was able to do with pricing of carbon.Terrence Sunday 1 July, 2012 - 12:10 AM
Sorry to say but the good old days are well and truly over for Australia! Because of this very damaging 5 years of this rotten Labor government. The deceiving, deceptive enemy within Australia!
N.B. Disturbingly, we now have so many traitors, polarizing Aussiephobics with a deep-rooted hatred of Australia!
This is very serious indeed! The complacent citizens must drop everything and go to the last ditch protest rallies in Sydney and Melbourne. Otherwise as far as I am concerned they deserve Labor's fraudulent global warming-carbon dioxide tax scam and Labor's very dubious illegal entry boat immigrants. We all have other things to do on Sundays but please, no petty excuses accepted! Just friggin do it for your kids sake, you good bloody Aussie patriots.
P.S. Our heartfelt thanks to CATA who are outstanding Australians. May The Good Lord +Jesus Always Be With You. God Bless You.Mario Saturday 30 June, 2012 - 11:47 PM
FORMER foreign affairs minister Alexander Downer says Indonesia can be part of the asylum seeker solution and should not be allowed to get away with leaving the problem to Australia.
SPEAKING at the Liberal Party federal council in Melbourne on Saturday, Mr Downer described himself as the father of the Pacific solution and said the Rudd/Gillard government should be condemned for opening Australia back up to people smugglers.
He said the "tough but humane" Pacific solution saved hundreds of lives.
"These people smugglers are defying all of our systems and it's incumbent on the Australian government to stop (it) or to maintain a system which ensures it does not happen," he told delegates.
"We closed it down and the Labor Party, when it came to power ... opened it up, deliberately opened it up and deliberately abandoned that policy, and they should be condemned for being inhumane in abandoning that policy.NAURU WORKS!!! Saturday 30 June, 2012 - 5:18 PM
Idealism and reality are two different things. This bloke makes sense, but the LEGAL asylum seekers must be given priority.David T. Saturday 30 June, 2012 - 5:02 PM