- Mike Baird now 44th NSW Premier
- Gary O'Callaghan on Talk Back Radio
- If those were my kids, I'd...
- Barry O'Farrell takes to Twitter
- Have you met the royal couple?
- Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks?
- Looking back on O’Farrell the man
- Mike Baird set to become Premier
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alan J on Mike Baird set to become Premier Barry appeared spooked? Why did he panic? more
- Tangled Web on No alternative but for Barry to resign? @Shaun...Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever ... more
- Harry on Would you like us to be a republic? @adriano you sound a little confused, don't let the facts get in your way. The IMF have directed bankrupt England to print ... more
- Tangled Web on Mike Baird set to become Premier Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever receiving ... more
- adriano on Would you like us to be a republic? Harry is the most popular uk name mohammed is only number 19.Also steve you are wrong about the UK economy.It will rise by ... more
- David on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Barry did the right thing to resign, but given the timing of the events surrounding the bottle delivery, anyone could have ... more
- davo on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Of course they like australia .WE HAVE FOOTED THE BILL for their trip! more
- Samuel J on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I believe O'Farrell had a genuine memory lapse! And his ambushing by Watson SC of ICAC has not proven corruption either on ... more
- Shaun on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Premier O'Farrel deserves a second chance. Why don't we bring him back? more
- Robert on Have you lost faith in politicians? Lost faith?! Are you joking?!I stopped voting years ago. I hand in informal votes.Once you find out about the new world ... more
- Robert on Would you like us to be a republic? A Republic yes but DONT change the flag. more
- Tangled Web on Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed? Apparently our movers & shakers want a cashless society? What happens when the whole system crashes? It would be chaotic ... more
- Cleangirl on Would you like us to be a republic? Can ANYONE name a Republic or republic model better than what we have ? Do we choose from any of the African models ? or ... more
- Angela Coombes on Have you lost faith in politicians? Well this Robertson joker has not got the credentials to give advice - given the record of his utterly failed, absolutely ... more
- Julie on Pension age to be lifted to 70? The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Julie on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Angela Coombes on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation @Jaydee you are 1000% correct. However, I believe in the case of O'Farrell he would have received gifts on his appointment ... more
- Athol on No alternative but for Barry to resign? I can see little old wine drinker Barry, being gifted a very lucrative cushy job aboard Tony Abbott's hasty new airport ... more
- Konrad H. on Have you lost faith in politicians? Iffy Barry O'Farrell is apparently no good, however iffy John Robertson is arguably even worse. Hypocrite Robertson is ... more
- Sam on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Affection for Australia? How nice! But I hope they don't have that very same affection that they were supposed to have for ... more
Does offshore processing work?
George Newhouse represented families and the deceased from the asylum seeker boat which sank off Christmas Island. He tells John Stanley why he has abandoned his opposition to offshore processing.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The federal opposition and Greens have combined to defeat legislation in the Senate to legalises offshore processing of asylum seekers, as expected. It was defeated 39 votes to 29. Have our politicians failed us?
ah yes john stanley still trying to restore the balance. trouble is john, not everyone is stupidherb gilham Sunday 1 July, 2012 - 10:00 AM
There is a simple way to stop the boats.
1)Build an airstrip close to Lake Carnegie in W.A.
2)Transport ALL people that have arrived by boat since the real refugees fled Vietnam to that location.
3) Provide them with Temporary Protection Visas.
4) Provide them with Housing (Tents as the U.N. does in Africa)
5) Provide them with Food, water and clothing.
6) Reassess their status and if they paid any money to country shop instead of joining the queue then their claims to refugee status are automatically rejected and they are flown home.
7) If they can't or won't provide a country of birth they will stay in the camp indefinately!
Problem solved all U.N. obligations observed.
Would you as a Muslim Colonist want to have the gate firmly closed in front of you, I think not.Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Sunday 1 July, 2012 - 2:53 AM
It does not! Abbott is saying that because he feels he has to defend the Howard option with which he himself was associated. Gillard is saying that because she lacks the conviction of taking a principled position on this matter, like she was able to do with pricing of carbon.Terrence Sunday 1 July, 2012 - 12:10 AM
Sorry to say but the good old days are well and truly over for Australia! Because of this very damaging 5 years of this rotten Labor government. The deceiving, deceptive enemy within Australia!
N.B. Disturbingly, we now have so many traitors, polarizing Aussiephobics with a deep-rooted hatred of Australia!
This is very serious indeed! The complacent citizens must drop everything and go to the last ditch protest rallies in Sydney and Melbourne. Otherwise as far as I am concerned they deserve Labor's fraudulent global warming-carbon dioxide tax scam and Labor's very dubious illegal entry boat immigrants. We all have other things to do on Sundays but please, no petty excuses accepted! Just friggin do it for your kids sake, you good bloody Aussie patriots.
P.S. Our heartfelt thanks to CATA who are outstanding Australians. May The Good Lord +Jesus Always Be With You. God Bless You.Mario Saturday 30 June, 2012 - 11:47 PM
FORMER foreign affairs minister Alexander Downer says Indonesia can be part of the asylum seeker solution and should not be allowed to get away with leaving the problem to Australia.
SPEAKING at the Liberal Party federal council in Melbourne on Saturday, Mr Downer described himself as the father of the Pacific solution and said the Rudd/Gillard government should be condemned for opening Australia back up to people smugglers.
He said the "tough but humane" Pacific solution saved hundreds of lives.
"These people smugglers are defying all of our systems and it's incumbent on the Australian government to stop (it) or to maintain a system which ensures it does not happen," he told delegates.
"We closed it down and the Labor Party, when it came to power ... opened it up, deliberately opened it up and deliberately abandoned that policy, and they should be condemned for being inhumane in abandoning that policy.NAURU WORKS!!! Saturday 30 June, 2012 - 5:18 PM
Idealism and reality are two different things. This bloke makes sense, but the LEGAL asylum seekers must be given priority.David T. Saturday 30 June, 2012 - 5:02 PM