- Tradies charge by Sydney suburb?
- Ice: the 'worst of the worst' drugs
- Damning report into insulation scheme
- Sydney's 5th season, Sprinter?
- Proposal with a $1million donation
- Terror threat: alert not alarmed?
- Standard starting age at schools
- What's the future for Qantas?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- John Harvey on Stopping fighters heading overseas let them go just do not let them back into the country more
- Cleangirl on Extremists the enemy of Islam Extreme Islam or mediocre Islam ? Look at all the Islamic nations, extreme overrides mediocrity every time. more
- Keith A Tudor on Stopping fighters heading overseas @Tony - excellent comment. I support that including confiscation of their passports as well as their assets forfeited to the ... more
- Citizen Slain on War looming in the Middle East We would all very much like to believe in the integrity and decency of modern government however the reality is very ... more
- Peter Ulmer on My religion needs fixing? Glen Mohammed is impressive as you say. Sadly he is one voice in what appears to be a minority view within his community. I ... more
- James W on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Does it matter? What is clear is that they were both better than the current one. more
- Tony on Stopping fighters heading overseas Why the hell stop them? If they want to go and fight and die in some desert cesspool then let them. How about we encourage ... more
- Cleangirl on "Fat" Clive Palmer is fair game? Fat is the new smoker. more
- Cleangirl on How to stop youth going jihadist? Islam seems to cost us big time, will we ever get any benefit, or is this money insurance ? more
- James W on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Cleangirl, are you saying that nearly all of those found guilty of sex offences against children, don't go to jail? more
- fabrizio on Parents at forefront of terror war? Most mulsims not terrorists and have spoken up against it.Just like most catholics are not child abusers. more
- Join the Q Society on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? Oh well, back to the car, no delays there, LOL. more
- Tejas on Labor's broken promises generation So many books have been written about Labor recently, add this one to the list.Indeed, their demise from controlling all ... more
- Greg O on Baird polls on the rise I am not surprised. This shows the people of NSW are at last starting to think. If the corruption scandals involving the ... more
- Luigi T Cassimatis on Cyclists party to contest next election We need them in there like we need a bike seat up our backside. Dear oh dear it gets worse day by day with these creeps and ... more
- Gary on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? My wife and I used our Opal cards on the weekend. Not one problem, worked faultlessly, best thing ever for public ... more
- Ben on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? 1) Opal cards must become anonymous as promised and not delivered.2) Opal card system has to be fixed so that one does not ... more
- Samuel J James on Baird polls on the rise @Paulo - there is no other political party with the necessary credentials, the integrity, perspicacity or the skills needed ... more
- paulo on Baird polls on the rise Time to throw liberals out of NSW and try others. more
- fabio on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Catholic church in the West is almost irrelevant and hypocritical .No lectures from them. more
Does offshore processing work?
George Newhouse represented families and the deceased from the asylum seeker boat which sank off Christmas Island. He tells John Stanley why he has abandoned his opposition to offshore processing.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The federal opposition and Greens have combined to defeat legislation in the Senate to legalises offshore processing of asylum seekers, as expected. It was defeated 39 votes to 29. Have our politicians failed us?
ah yes john stanley still trying to restore the balance. trouble is john, not everyone is stupidherb gilham Sunday 1 July, 2012 - 10:00 AM
There is a simple way to stop the boats.
1)Build an airstrip close to Lake Carnegie in W.A.
2)Transport ALL people that have arrived by boat since the real refugees fled Vietnam to that location.
3) Provide them with Temporary Protection Visas.
4) Provide them with Housing (Tents as the U.N. does in Africa)
5) Provide them with Food, water and clothing.
6) Reassess their status and if they paid any money to country shop instead of joining the queue then their claims to refugee status are automatically rejected and they are flown home.
7) If they can't or won't provide a country of birth they will stay in the camp indefinately!
Problem solved all U.N. obligations observed.
Would you as a Muslim Colonist want to have the gate firmly closed in front of you, I think not.Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Sunday 1 July, 2012 - 2:53 AM
It does not! Abbott is saying that because he feels he has to defend the Howard option with which he himself was associated. Gillard is saying that because she lacks the conviction of taking a principled position on this matter, like she was able to do with pricing of carbon.Terrence Sunday 1 July, 2012 - 12:10 AM
Sorry to say but the good old days are well and truly over for Australia! Because of this very damaging 5 years of this rotten Labor government. The deceiving, deceptive enemy within Australia!
N.B. Disturbingly, we now have so many traitors, polarizing Aussiephobics with a deep-rooted hatred of Australia!
This is very serious indeed! The complacent citizens must drop everything and go to the last ditch protest rallies in Sydney and Melbourne. Otherwise as far as I am concerned they deserve Labor's fraudulent global warming-carbon dioxide tax scam and Labor's very dubious illegal entry boat immigrants. We all have other things to do on Sundays but please, no petty excuses accepted! Just friggin do it for your kids sake, you good bloody Aussie patriots.
P.S. Our heartfelt thanks to CATA who are outstanding Australians. May The Good Lord +Jesus Always Be With You. God Bless You.Mario Saturday 30 June, 2012 - 11:47 PM
FORMER foreign affairs minister Alexander Downer says Indonesia can be part of the asylum seeker solution and should not be allowed to get away with leaving the problem to Australia.
SPEAKING at the Liberal Party federal council in Melbourne on Saturday, Mr Downer described himself as the father of the Pacific solution and said the Rudd/Gillard government should be condemned for opening Australia back up to people smugglers.
He said the "tough but humane" Pacific solution saved hundreds of lives.
"These people smugglers are defying all of our systems and it's incumbent on the Australian government to stop (it) or to maintain a system which ensures it does not happen," he told delegates.
"We closed it down and the Labor Party, when it came to power ... opened it up, deliberately opened it up and deliberately abandoned that policy, and they should be condemned for being inhumane in abandoning that policy.NAURU WORKS!!! Saturday 30 June, 2012 - 5:18 PM
Idealism and reality are two different things. This bloke makes sense, but the LEGAL asylum seekers must be given priority.David T. Saturday 30 June, 2012 - 5:02 PM