- Rabbi's response to Greens Grinch
- Creep filming bums on beaches
- Canadian attack Canberra wake-up
- Horrific scenes of animal cruelty
- Love a garage sale bargain?
- Pyrmont bridge shared path dangers
- Push to end drip-pricing costs
- Greens Grinch against Christmas
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Truck crash at traffic hotspot I wish various authorities and media would stop calling these smashes involving trucks as 'accidents'. In almost every case ... more
- Tony on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM What a Tool!Lets hope one of the first things the SAS do in Iraq is to make this idiots day! more
- Realistic on The Whisper: Waste at Tafe Surprise surprise, long ago, thirty years back the Liberal NSW Education Minister Terry Metherell rightly said that TAFE was ... more
- ETERNITY... on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam Well Australia can thank Gough Whitlam and Al Grassby and indeed the Labor party for so called multicultural Sydney. more
- Laura on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Shocking, and thoughts go out to those personally affected; speedy recovery all. But let's have a proper (timely ... more
- Yusuf on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM Brain washed idiots. Lock them up and leave them there for life. more
- yusuf on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A man of real substance. My condolences to his family. more
- Yusuf on The Whisper: where burqa ban began Australia has its own values and freedoms and does not have to follow other countries. There are also examples of other ... more
- TEN FOUR... on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
Does offshore processing work?
George Newhouse represented families and the deceased from the asylum seeker boat which sank off Christmas Island. He tells John Stanley why he has abandoned his opposition to offshore processing.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The federal opposition and Greens have combined to defeat legislation in the Senate to legalises offshore processing of asylum seekers, as expected. It was defeated 39 votes to 29. Have our politicians failed us?
ah yes john stanley still trying to restore the balance. trouble is john, not everyone is stupidherb gilham Sunday 1 July, 2012 - 10:00 AM
There is a simple way to stop the boats.
1)Build an airstrip close to Lake Carnegie in W.A.
2)Transport ALL people that have arrived by boat since the real refugees fled Vietnam to that location.
3) Provide them with Temporary Protection Visas.
4) Provide them with Housing (Tents as the U.N. does in Africa)
5) Provide them with Food, water and clothing.
6) Reassess their status and if they paid any money to country shop instead of joining the queue then their claims to refugee status are automatically rejected and they are flown home.
7) If they can't or won't provide a country of birth they will stay in the camp indefinately!
Problem solved all U.N. obligations observed.
Would you as a Muslim Colonist want to have the gate firmly closed in front of you, I think not.Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Sunday 1 July, 2012 - 2:53 AM
It does not! Abbott is saying that because he feels he has to defend the Howard option with which he himself was associated. Gillard is saying that because she lacks the conviction of taking a principled position on this matter, like she was able to do with pricing of carbon.Terrence Sunday 1 July, 2012 - 12:10 AM
Sorry to say but the good old days are well and truly over for Australia! Because of this very damaging 5 years of this rotten Labor government. The deceiving, deceptive enemy within Australia!
N.B. Disturbingly, we now have so many traitors, polarizing Aussiephobics with a deep-rooted hatred of Australia!
This is very serious indeed! The complacent citizens must drop everything and go to the last ditch protest rallies in Sydney and Melbourne. Otherwise as far as I am concerned they deserve Labor's fraudulent global warming-carbon dioxide tax scam and Labor's very dubious illegal entry boat immigrants. We all have other things to do on Sundays but please, no petty excuses accepted! Just friggin do it for your kids sake, you good bloody Aussie patriots.
P.S. Our heartfelt thanks to CATA who are outstanding Australians. May The Good Lord +Jesus Always Be With You. God Bless You.Mario Saturday 30 June, 2012 - 11:47 PM
FORMER foreign affairs minister Alexander Downer says Indonesia can be part of the asylum seeker solution and should not be allowed to get away with leaving the problem to Australia.
SPEAKING at the Liberal Party federal council in Melbourne on Saturday, Mr Downer described himself as the father of the Pacific solution and said the Rudd/Gillard government should be condemned for opening Australia back up to people smugglers.
He said the "tough but humane" Pacific solution saved hundreds of lives.
"These people smugglers are defying all of our systems and it's incumbent on the Australian government to stop (it) or to maintain a system which ensures it does not happen," he told delegates.
"We closed it down and the Labor Party, when it came to power ... opened it up, deliberately opened it up and deliberately abandoned that policy, and they should be condemned for being inhumane in abandoning that policy.NAURU WORKS!!! Saturday 30 June, 2012 - 5:18 PM
Idealism and reality are two different things. This bloke makes sense, but the LEGAL asylum seekers must be given priority.David T. Saturday 30 June, 2012 - 5:02 PM