- Open Mic: Distance Education
- 19 new charges against Thomson
- Politician hands out his pay rise
- Ford to cut production in Australia
- Cost of raising children on the rise
- Calls to legalise euthanasia in NSW
- Nationwide crackdown on illegal guns
- Video: The Great Gatsby Red Carpet
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Peter on UK terror: soldier hacked to death And one of the biggest supporters of the Nazi's was Islam! the SS even had a muslim death squad! The EDL and other so called ... more
- Peter on Ford to cut production in Australia And who didn't see this coming years ago?Typical Labor and Unions not living in the real world and understanding that ... more
- Peter on Premier sticks with Gonski decision Barry was conned by Ju-lier!There is no extra money for Gonski! Any money they do have has been re-directed from other ... more
- paulo on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support Terrence again you think all gays just want to go to discos and saunas and have many partners.Well there are many who ... more
- paulo on UK terror: soldier hacked to death I come from London .Homegrown Islamic extremism is a problem, however the EDL the English Defence League that rioted after ... more
- m on Man refuses rising for magistrate what i would like to see is someone giving parking tickets out in front of any mosque on a friday. council !! anyone ... more
- Terrence on Premier sticks with Gonski decision Carry on Barry! If a Lieberal party stooge accuses you of being Labour - you who won a landslide election for the party, ... more
- Terrence on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support @Paulo, why is it prejudice to point out that the institution of marriage has nothing to do with homosexual lifestyle? Tell ... more
- Terrence on Economic hard times for Aussies Well Bill, I wish you had said that before you came here. If you think we are doing it tough spare a thought for most of the ... more
- Terrence on Premier sticks with Gonski decision Party hacks will always talk like party hacks. To them the country or the state is not more important than their petty ... more
- Michael on PM back in Sydney's greater west Well if Bob Hawke is going to be there, he can explain to Julia what its like to be stabbed in the back whilst P.M. Maybe ... more
- Michael on Claims against Ben Te'o denied Put simply, no charges laid by her or Mr Te'o so this is a non event. No one should condone violence of any kind against ... more
- Bill Baxter on PM back in Sydney's greater west A community cabinet eh! She would not even understand how cabinet government is supposed to operate! What a horrible piece ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Contempt not standing for Magistrate This is called Cultural Jihad!It is the thin edge of the wedge.Join the Q Society to uphold Australian values.Jason they are ... more
- bazza on PM back in Sydney's greater west bob is only going to get a bit of the ndis cash. more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on Girl held at gun point in robbery Again, people these days do not have much respect for the very wishy-washy undisciplined legal system! A damned system full ... more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on Contempt not standing for Magistrate People these days do not have much respect for the very wishy-washy undisciplined legal system! A damned system full of ... more
- CARMEN on PM back in Sydney's greater west Does she, Julia Gillard, REALLY NEED Bob Hawke to hold her hand in the Western Suburbs????....WHAT AN ABSOLUTE ... more
- CARMEN on PM back in Sydney's greater west OMG:...I really feel SO SORRY for the people who will attend tonight...First of all..Bob Hawke who I find most repulsive for ... more
- Gillard's Battler on Economic hard times for Aussies I'm on DSP and I don't ask for help from the Salvation Army or any other charity, the reason people are struggling is ... more
Does offshore processing work?
George Newhouse represented families and the deceased from the asylum seeker boat which sank off Christmas Island. He tells John Stanley why he has abandoned his opposition to offshore processing.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The federal opposition and Greens have combined to defeat legislation in the Senate to legalises offshore processing of asylum seekers, as expected. It was defeated 39 votes to 29. Have our politicians failed us?
ah yes john stanley still trying to restore the balance. trouble is john, not everyone is stupidherb gilham Sunday 1 July, 2012 - 10:00 AM
There is a simple way to stop the boats.
1)Build an airstrip close to Lake Carnegie in W.A.
2)Transport ALL people that have arrived by boat since the real refugees fled Vietnam to that location.
3) Provide them with Temporary Protection Visas.
4) Provide them with Housing (Tents as the U.N. does in Africa)
5) Provide them with Food, water and clothing.
6) Reassess their status and if they paid any money to country shop instead of joining the queue then their claims to refugee status are automatically rejected and they are flown home.
7) If they can't or won't provide a country of birth they will stay in the camp indefinately!
Problem solved all U.N. obligations observed.
Would you as a Muslim Colonist want to have the gate firmly closed in front of you, I think not.Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Sunday 1 July, 2012 - 2:53 AM
It does not! Abbott is saying that because he feels he has to defend the Howard option with which he himself was associated. Gillard is saying that because she lacks the conviction of taking a principled position on this matter, like she was able to do with pricing of carbon.Terrence Sunday 1 July, 2012 - 12:10 AM
Sorry to say but the good old days are well and truly over for Australia! Because of this very damaging 5 years of this rotten Labor government. The deceiving, deceptive enemy within Australia!
N.B. Disturbingly, we now have so many traitors, polarizing Aussiephobics with a deep-rooted hatred of Australia!
This is very serious indeed! The complacent citizens must drop everything and go to the last ditch protest rallies in Sydney and Melbourne. Otherwise as far as I am concerned they deserve Labor's fraudulent global warming-carbon dioxide tax scam and Labor's very dubious illegal entry boat immigrants. We all have other things to do on Sundays but please, no petty excuses accepted! Just friggin do it for your kids sake, you good bloody Aussie patriots.
P.S. Our heartfelt thanks to CATA who are outstanding Australians. May The Good Lord +Jesus Always Be With You. God Bless You.Mario Saturday 30 June, 2012 - 11:47 PM
FORMER foreign affairs minister Alexander Downer says Indonesia can be part of the asylum seeker solution and should not be allowed to get away with leaving the problem to Australia.
SPEAKING at the Liberal Party federal council in Melbourne on Saturday, Mr Downer described himself as the father of the Pacific solution and said the Rudd/Gillard government should be condemned for opening Australia back up to people smugglers.
He said the "tough but humane" Pacific solution saved hundreds of lives.
"These people smugglers are defying all of our systems and it's incumbent on the Australian government to stop (it) or to maintain a system which ensures it does not happen," he told delegates.
"We closed it down and the Labor Party, when it came to power ... opened it up, deliberately opened it up and deliberately abandoned that policy, and they should be condemned for being inhumane in abandoning that policy.NAURU WORKS!!! Saturday 30 June, 2012 - 5:18 PM
Idealism and reality are two different things. This bloke makes sense, but the LEGAL asylum seekers must be given priority.David T. Saturday 30 June, 2012 - 5:02 PM