- State's top silk before the ICAC
- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
Does Western Sydney want an airport?
Does Western Sydney want an airport? The Chairman of Infrastructure NSW, Nick Greiner, has renewed his call for a second airport at Badgery's Creek, arguing that people in Western Sydney would support it because of the extra jobs it would create.
"The average person in Western Sydney, I think, rationally ought to be overwhelmingly in favour of an airport at Badgerys Creek", Nick Greiner said.
The Two Murrays spoke to Alison McLaren, President of the Western Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils about the issue.
Terrence son, another airport in the Sydney basin will not happen son. The only way it will happen is IF we get a similar failed useless damned State government here in NSW with boofheads, rorters, liars and cheats similar to the Jul-liar Eileen Gillard labor/slimegreens/turncoat government. But it won't happen Terrence so pack up your broken tools put them in a bag and F-OFF!Justin Saturday 13 October, 2012 - 8:56 PM
@Terrence posting here, NO, we have no experts at all in the utterly failed, rotten labor party/slime greens/so called turncoats heading up our national government of abject proven incompetence, wanton waste of our taxpayer resources and in its daily actions and inactions it is nothing but a damned sickening failure!Luigi T Cassimatis B.Ec Saturday 13 October, 2012 - 8:44 PM
Huh, what is this Greiner joker doing making recommendations to O'Farrell about a future airport. This Greiner joker is the same boofhead who,As Premier NSW set up the corruption watchdog here only to find himself bitten on the arse by the ICAC deliberations. Now some 20 odd years later we have him as heir extraordinaire for defining policy and planning. Just pick up your schoolbag Greiner and f off! You are yesterday's man,son!Jonathon L Benson Saturday 13 October, 2012 - 8:34 PM
Why on earth did Barry O'Farrell hire that worn out backward old git Nick Greiner for?? Surely the Liberal government, over a nice lunch, can simply work it out for themselves, thats what they get paid handsomely for!! People have had a complete skinful of dopey politicians just flick-passing things to other stupid imbeciles. Furthermore, along with all the other "independent" consultants on the payroll, obedient IPART should be abolished too, get the message Barry, stop lazily wasting money and do the damned easy job yourselves??WHACKO BARRY Saturday 13 October, 2012 - 6:21 PM
No. Not needed here. By the way, this Nick Greiner fellow - why is he heading up this project obo the O'Farrell Liberal government? It is in mind that this Greiner character was so called Premier of NSW some 20 years ago (Note his grey receding hair now) and he was mentioned in despatches by ICAC and booted! why is this boofhead heading up a govt dept called Infrastructure NSW when he stuffed up a motza and was gonged over corruption I understand. Dear oh bloody well dear!!!Jonathon L Benson Friday 12 October, 2012 - 9:07 PM
Sydney Airport in under utilised it sits idle for 8 hours every day from 10pm till 6am.
Heathrow airport is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year round.
JFK airport is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year round.
Berlin airport is open from 5:30am till 11:30pm 2 hours more than Sydney.
Bangkok is 24/7/365.
Get with the times Sydney!Bikinis not Burkas Friday 12 October, 2012 - 7:52 PM