- The Whisper: Gay Bushrangers?
- 20-years for violent toddler murder
- Alcohol abuse: the wake-up call
- Greens Senator denies asylum stirring
- Ray 'Rabbits' Warren: The Voice
- Clive Palmer calls for fresh elections
- John & Garry on 2UE Breakfast
- Move Sydney buses to center-lanes?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gary on No place to top up Opal cards? I've had a Opal card for months, fantastic, best thing ever for public transport. I ordered it online, it arrived in the ... more
- James on Veggie garden for Pyrmont Bridge? Typical. Despite the inordinate number of junkets to places like Japan where they have rules to manage crowds which everyone ... more
- NOT SURPRISED... on Moree shooting: tension in the bush In my dealings with some very arrogant government departments, they can be quite rude and show little tact, often they make ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Warning on home grown terror But hang on a minute islam is such a bloody "peaceful religion" so what is Attorney-General George Brandis so damned ... more
- Greg O on Sydney facing homeless challenge New public housing estates look very impressive but there is never enough of them. It seems to be a case of we either give ... more
- James W on Parliament House $800 doorknob? Yeah, they must be punished for leaving us with a 3 X AAA rated economy and continuing on the 20 odd years of unbroken ... more
- Angela Coombes on Parliament House $800 doorknob? What about the framed portraits of Gillard and Rudd within the National Parliament - I would prefer just blank frames ... more
- Samuel J James on Work for Dole rules far too strict? @Sloppy Joe Hokey - you are 1000% correct. Simply put, it is government of the money, by the money for the money indeed! Of ... more
- Samuel J on PMs frustration over access to MH17 The ex KGB thug, presently the so called President of Russia has been as helpful regarding the recovery of the bodies of the ... more
- Terrence on Work for the dole doesn't work They ought to get Abbott do 40 applications and see what it is like. This guy has no clue how to run the government and ... more
- Terrence on PM discusses the issues on 2UE Abbott is trying his best to milk this so his unpopular budget and his lies and deceit do not stay in the headlines. It does ... more
- ahmed on No place to top up Opal cards? Typical third world Sydney transport solution.Why didnt they think of the opal card years ago and iron out problems before ... more
- alfredo on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Clover Moore and Alex Greenwich are the type of pollies this country really needs!! more
- paulo on Sydney facing homeless challenge Housing should be a human right.The government should make rules that require building companies to build cheap housing ... more
- Cleangirl on Sydney Art: what do you think? Much too much money, and I thought Art was something to appreciate, something not just anyone can do and something clever. more
- Gary on Work for Dole rules far too strict? As for FTA's, the fact is Australia is a net exporter to the countries that we have an FTA with. So we sell more than we ... more
- Gary on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Pick on the rich tax dodgers.Unfortunately the facts don't support your claim, the truth is the top 20% of tax payers are ... more
- Robyn on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD Could be a shapely woman more
- Norman Hanscombe on McClymont: He who must be Obeid As someone who began working on ALP Polling Booths over 70 years ago, it's sad that we need journalists like Kate McClymont ... more
- Ben on No place to top up Opal cards? How can a train station NOT sell an Opal ticket? Who planned that????Also, these tickets need to be anonymous like any train ... more
Does Western Sydney want an airport?
Does Western Sydney want an airport? The Chairman of Infrastructure NSW, Nick Greiner, has renewed his call for a second airport at Badgery's Creek, arguing that people in Western Sydney would support it because of the extra jobs it would create.
"The average person in Western Sydney, I think, rationally ought to be overwhelmingly in favour of an airport at Badgerys Creek", Nick Greiner said.
The Two Murrays spoke to Alison McLaren, President of the Western Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils about the issue.
Terrence son, another airport in the Sydney basin will not happen son. The only way it will happen is IF we get a similar failed useless damned State government here in NSW with boofheads, rorters, liars and cheats similar to the Jul-liar Eileen Gillard labor/slimegreens/turncoat government. But it won't happen Terrence so pack up your broken tools put them in a bag and F-OFF!Justin Saturday 13 October, 2012 - 8:56 PM
@Terrence posting here, NO, we have no experts at all in the utterly failed, rotten labor party/slime greens/so called turncoats heading up our national government of abject proven incompetence, wanton waste of our taxpayer resources and in its daily actions and inactions it is nothing but a damned sickening failure!Luigi T Cassimatis B.Ec Saturday 13 October, 2012 - 8:44 PM
Huh, what is this Greiner joker doing making recommendations to O'Farrell about a future airport. This Greiner joker is the same boofhead who,As Premier NSW set up the corruption watchdog here only to find himself bitten on the arse by the ICAC deliberations. Now some 20 odd years later we have him as heir extraordinaire for defining policy and planning. Just pick up your schoolbag Greiner and f off! You are yesterday's man,son!Jonathon L Benson Saturday 13 October, 2012 - 8:34 PM
Why on earth did Barry O'Farrell hire that worn out backward old git Nick Greiner for?? Surely the Liberal government, over a nice lunch, can simply work it out for themselves, thats what they get paid handsomely for!! People have had a complete skinful of dopey politicians just flick-passing things to other stupid imbeciles. Furthermore, along with all the other "independent" consultants on the payroll, obedient IPART should be abolished too, get the message Barry, stop lazily wasting money and do the damned easy job yourselves??WHACKO BARRY Saturday 13 October, 2012 - 6:21 PM
No. Not needed here. By the way, this Nick Greiner fellow - why is he heading up this project obo the O'Farrell Liberal government? It is in mind that this Greiner character was so called Premier of NSW some 20 years ago (Note his grey receding hair now) and he was mentioned in despatches by ICAC and booted! why is this boofhead heading up a govt dept called Infrastructure NSW when he stuffed up a motza and was gonged over corruption I understand. Dear oh bloody well dear!!!Jonathon L Benson Friday 12 October, 2012 - 9:07 PM
Sydney Airport in under utilised it sits idle for 8 hours every day from 10pm till 6am.
Heathrow airport is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year round.
JFK airport is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year round.
Berlin airport is open from 5:30am till 11:30pm 2 hours more than Sydney.
Bangkok is 24/7/365.
Get with the times Sydney!Bikinis not Burkas Friday 12 October, 2012 - 7:52 PM