- Anzac Day: Lest We Forget
- Father hugs man who killed daughter
- Anzac Day two-up: where to play?
- Time for Charles to be King?
- Why are pensioners in the pinch?
- Taxi driver anger at ridesharing app
- Can you impersonate the PM?
- Get set for a brutal budget?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Cleangirl on Time for Charles to be King? We all know Charles is a dill, the Queen should bypass him for William. more
- Tangled Web on Why are pensioners in the pinch? Well that blatant hypocrite, no "heavy lifting" for big Joe Hockey, him and Tony Abbott need to look in the mirror. Big Joe ... more
- Julie on Why are pensioners in the pinch? I heard a caller on radio today suggest that the blowout in Age Pensions is due to the increase in single age pensioners. ... more
- Greg O on Get set for a brutal budget? adriano. Back in about 2007 just before the financial crisis hit us a little and the Northern Hemisphere a lot, the rich ... more
- Bao Tran on Get set for a brutal budget? I think the government has it wrong with the medicare co-payment. Everyone should be entitled to "free" GP or emergency ... more
- Tony on Get set for a brutal budget? Better than spending what we don't have and burdening future generations with paying back Labor's drunken sailor policies! ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Get set for a brutal budget? I trust the budget of Hockey's will seriously address the utterly overstaffed Australian public service. It needs an axe ... more
- Tony on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Take a pill guys! this is a already funded purchase and is bi-partisan, granted these aircraft are pricy and have problems, ... more
- adriano on Get set for a brutal budget? Watch libs cut budget for the poor while the rich are spared. more
- adriano on 20 police officers charged this year Cops are whiter than white.How do they reflect more than 200 nationalities in Aus? more
- Samuel J on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? @ Tangled Web posting here - you are tangled alright. Utterly stupid comments you have made. Open your eyes and look at the ... more
- Greg O on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bill seems to be caught in the middle here. He knows what the Party wants but he has to try and present an image that will ... more
- Greg O on 20 police officers charged this year Only 20? Many years ago a young police officer was presenting a road safety lecture to the staff where I was working. One ... more
- Greg O on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? I can remember in my school days seeing Mustang, Meteor and Vampire fighters flying around. They were followed by the Sabre ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on 20 police officers charged this year Yes. It is one set of standards for them and another set of clear laws for us citizens. The management of police should be ... more
- Cleangirl on 20 police officers charged this year Standards are low, Tattoos, fatties, shorties, light weights and facial hair. The males aren`t much better. more
- Cleangirl on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? That's half what Indonesia spends, and we give them financial aid. more
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: will it always be sacred? Sadly I can recall when Anzac Day was truly sacred, entirely unlike now. It was a full day public holiday, not a quick less ... more
Does Western Sydney want an airport?
Does Western Sydney want an airport? The Chairman of Infrastructure NSW, Nick Greiner, has renewed his call for a second airport at Badgery's Creek, arguing that people in Western Sydney would support it because of the extra jobs it would create.
"The average person in Western Sydney, I think, rationally ought to be overwhelmingly in favour of an airport at Badgerys Creek", Nick Greiner said.
The Two Murrays spoke to Alison McLaren, President of the Western Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils about the issue.
Terrence son, another airport in the Sydney basin will not happen son. The only way it will happen is IF we get a similar failed useless damned State government here in NSW with boofheads, rorters, liars and cheats similar to the Jul-liar Eileen Gillard labor/slimegreens/turncoat government. But it won't happen Terrence so pack up your broken tools put them in a bag and F-OFF!Justin Saturday 13 October, 2012 - 8:56 PM
@Terrence posting here, NO, we have no experts at all in the utterly failed, rotten labor party/slime greens/so called turncoats heading up our national government of abject proven incompetence, wanton waste of our taxpayer resources and in its daily actions and inactions it is nothing but a damned sickening failure!Luigi T Cassimatis B.Ec Saturday 13 October, 2012 - 8:44 PM
Huh, what is this Greiner joker doing making recommendations to O'Farrell about a future airport. This Greiner joker is the same boofhead who,As Premier NSW set up the corruption watchdog here only to find himself bitten on the arse by the ICAC deliberations. Now some 20 odd years later we have him as heir extraordinaire for defining policy and planning. Just pick up your schoolbag Greiner and f off! You are yesterday's man,son!Jonathon L Benson Saturday 13 October, 2012 - 8:34 PM
Why on earth did Barry O'Farrell hire that worn out backward old git Nick Greiner for?? Surely the Liberal government, over a nice lunch, can simply work it out for themselves, thats what they get paid handsomely for!! People have had a complete skinful of dopey politicians just flick-passing things to other stupid imbeciles. Furthermore, along with all the other "independent" consultants on the payroll, obedient IPART should be abolished too, get the message Barry, stop lazily wasting money and do the damned easy job yourselves??WHACKO BARRY Saturday 13 October, 2012 - 6:21 PM
No. Not needed here. By the way, this Nick Greiner fellow - why is he heading up this project obo the O'Farrell Liberal government? It is in mind that this Greiner character was so called Premier of NSW some 20 years ago (Note his grey receding hair now) and he was mentioned in despatches by ICAC and booted! why is this boofhead heading up a govt dept called Infrastructure NSW when he stuffed up a motza and was gonged over corruption I understand. Dear oh bloody well dear!!!Jonathon L Benson Friday 12 October, 2012 - 9:07 PM
Sydney Airport in under utilised it sits idle for 8 hours every day from 10pm till 6am.
Heathrow airport is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year round.
JFK airport is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year round.
Berlin airport is open from 5:30am till 11:30pm 2 hours more than Sydney.
Bangkok is 24/7/365.
Get with the times Sydney!Bikinis not Burkas Friday 12 October, 2012 - 7:52 PM