- Joe Hockey wanted tougher budget?
- Sharina Live on Stage at Sydney RSL
- HMAS Darwin: Aussie pride at sea
- Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill
- Sydney suffering too many councils
- PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin
- Bob Carr: vote vindicates Aussie seat
- Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- NOT A GOOD LOOK... on The Whisper: lineup to be a Knight? How hypocritical and pretentious is that staunch republican ex-Governor General, Ms. Quentin Bryce. She jumped at Tony ... more
- WAKE UP AUSTRALIA on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Our moronic politicians get shabbier everyday, they obviously have no class. This is clearly a recipe for disaster! more
- 1959 GRANGE... on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill Obviously dying, suffering people with cancer urgently need medicinal cannabis and our constant support! In America they ... more
- ANGRY RATEPAYERS... on Sydney suffering too many councils Just got the big IPART $$$rate slug from useless, arrogant Holroyd/Merrylands council and what a complete joke this council ... more
- Terence on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Sorry John,I listened to that powderpuff of an interview this morning with Senator Lambie."Would a male MP get the same ... more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? Smoking gun, President Putin's body language speaks volumes, he is obviously as guilty as sin and he needs to be dealt with. ... more
- Chris Teller on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Jacqui Lambie is not exactly stacked so I would not bother taking a second look unless she had breast enhancements. more
- Keith A Tudor on UN unanimous vote on MH17 @Get Real - an excellent comment indeed. Putin sadly is not a leaders'bootlace. Just look at the face on it and the eyes ... more
- Greg O on Has the PM finally found his voice? I hope so. He has the ability but the time for him to make it look like he has it is well and truly overdue. more
- Greg O on Why do we need childcare subsidies This is getting ridiculous. What is next? Perhaps Government assistance for old blokes like me to go on fishing trips. ... more
- Cleangirl on Why do we need childcare subsidies Either give ALL mothers money or at least means test for low incomers. Why are we encouraging people to outsource their ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? One analogy you forgot to make is - what would Jacqui Lambie have said about Tony Abbott if he described his preferences and ... more
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 Putin eh! Just look at the face and the eyes embedded in it! A stark appearance/psysiognamy as cold and frozen like the ... more
- GOOD GOD...JESUS on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 I saw them devils on television throwing dead humans in body bags around like bags of potatoes. Russian President Putin and ... more
Drivers to be tested every 5 years?
There are some shocking drivers on our roads that make you wonder how they gained their licence. Should drivers undergo driver tests every 5 years? Clinton Maynard gives listeners a run through the test.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Elderly people and those living alone have in the past slipped off our radar in a handful of cases. Now comes a monitoring system that will hopefully see this become a thing of the past as George & Paul reveal.
Our pollies really are precious. Paul Murray reveals the new law changes made to stop the media from taking the mickey out of politicians with The Chaser's Chas Licciardello. They really are sensitive pets.
This is but another cash-cow scheme invented by a useless Roads and Maritime Services bureaucrat for infliction on citizens the vast majority of whom are compliant with the raft of ever changing foolhardly traffic laws. I have no confidence at all in the RMS - the same old bomb jalopy with a fresh coat of paint.Justin Benson Monday 3 December, 2012 - 9:27 AM
No!Robert Monday 3 December, 2012 - 9:25 AM
The RMS changes the rules constantly, use of white foglights to dazzle the oncoming drivers was once $253 and 3 demerit points now it is only $99 and 1 demerit point.
It is a more serious offence to put your wheels on the white edge line than it is to stop other motorists from seeing the road in front of them!
LANES, MERGING, EDGE LINES
Drive on/over continuous white edge line
$232 2 points
Road Rules 2008
Rule 150 (1)
Use/allow use of light on/in vehicle likely/to dazzle
$99 1 point
Road Rules 2008
Go figure!Bikinis not Burkas Monday 3 December, 2012 - 3:16 AM
Just do the testing right the first time pleeease. Continual testing is only for money raising. How about they test the testers every five years.Bill Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 9:25 PM
I don't think we need re-testing of all drivers. What I want to see is re-testing of the rotten damned drunken and other drug affected drivers. They are out there ready to cause variously,unnecessary catastrophies and needless deaths of pedestrians, motor cyclists and their equals that drive motor vehicles. It is an an absolute wanton disgrace in NSW,QLD,Victoria and the last labor party State of Sth Australia where there are too many drunken rotten boofheads and other drug affected fools on our roads.Justin Benson Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 9:06 PM
Re: Retesting for drivers.
My wife and I have been driving for 85 years combined without any points on our driving record. Why should we be tested?
People should be tested after an offence eg speeding. Can't resume driving until they pass a test. Perhaps they'll get sick of doing the test and follow the rules.Ron Vaughan Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 9:56 AM