- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- Anzac Day: just a public holiday?
- Set to be slugged for your gas?
- The man behind the voice of Dr Hook
- Anzac Day: will it always be sacred?
- Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets?
- Angela Catterns with Tina Arena
- Foy Vance talks on Joy of Nothing
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Kimber on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? My visits to my doctor have never been "free", we live in a regional area and have never had bulk billing and we still pay ... more
- Kimber on When to let a loved one go? Agreed, a very difficult topic, but definitely a case by case basis. Having been in this situation with an elderly loved one ... more
- Coasty on Anger at Anzac Day breast competition I'll put it out there that ANZAC's could make a competition out of anything. If you don't want to rate your own breasts ... more
- Tangled Web on 20 police officers charged this year Ever since the standards were drastically lowered for entry into the police force and the training weakened, the undesirable ... more
- Fred on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bull Shorten is a little thick, he is still banging on about dodgy global warming/climate change and his absurd tax, when ... more
- Samuel J on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor I trust, hope and pray the now utterly defunct, useless, incompetent labor party will remain in Opposition for the next 20 ... more
- Craig on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? As for Hockeys nasty GP co-payment, I heard him on radio recently and when asked if he paid his doctor extra money now? ... more
- Greg O on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Since when was our "free" medical system free? Someone else has always had to pay for it. Even back in day one when the ... more
- Jane M. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Has anyone yet asked silly big Joe Hockey, what is the doctor supposed to do, when those sick people in distress with a bad ... more
- Tangled Web on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor According to the old Bill Shorten; â??I have full confidence in Craig Thomsonâ??. Bill Shorten (Aug 2011): Craig Thomson ... more
- Eric (From the West) on When is the flu just a cold? Re: Stuart Bockings comments about a second airport affecting property values. The reality is that we don't know what will ... more
- Tangled Web on Shorten calls for Labor Party reforms Evidently that insincere, plastic Bill Shorten is not all that bright and he is not lonely either. If Labor have nothing ... more
- Tangled Web on When is the flu just a cold? Thanks, that was somewhat informative. We all had a very bad, highly contagious flu like virus in late January and it ... more
- Anonymous on Father's fight to see his daughter Poor Andrew is correct. Way back in 1987 I divorced my very cruel, hate filled wife. Subsequently for the next 20+ years, ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: reflecting recent battles Amazingly, there are some elements around who still call themselves Australians. They are so ungrateful to our brave ... more
- Tangled Web on William & Kate head to Uluru I am trying my very best, but I just can't get excited about all of this media attention on the royal ... more
- Tangled Web on Baird reshuffle - winners and losers? Lets just hope, that the replacement premier is not just another expensive Grange wine drinker with a bad memory too? And ... more
- Tangled Web on Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks? @Keith A Tudor is obviously correct, how much longer will we accommodate all of this destructive drunkenness? Lets just see ... more
Drivers to be tested every 5 years?
There are some shocking drivers on our roads that make you wonder how they gained their licence. Should drivers undergo driver tests every 5 years? Clinton Maynard gives listeners a run through the test.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Elderly people and those living alone have in the past slipped off our radar in a handful of cases. Now comes a monitoring system that will hopefully see this become a thing of the past as George & Paul reveal.
Our pollies really are precious. Paul Murray reveals the new law changes made to stop the media from taking the mickey out of politicians with The Chaser's Chas Licciardello. They really are sensitive pets.
This is but another cash-cow scheme invented by a useless Roads and Maritime Services bureaucrat for infliction on citizens the vast majority of whom are compliant with the raft of ever changing foolhardly traffic laws. I have no confidence at all in the RMS - the same old bomb jalopy with a fresh coat of paint.Justin Benson Monday 3 December, 2012 - 9:27 AM
No!Robert Monday 3 December, 2012 - 9:25 AM
The RMS changes the rules constantly, use of white foglights to dazzle the oncoming drivers was once $253 and 3 demerit points now it is only $99 and 1 demerit point.
It is a more serious offence to put your wheels on the white edge line than it is to stop other motorists from seeing the road in front of them!
LANES, MERGING, EDGE LINES
Drive on/over continuous white edge line
$232 2 points
Road Rules 2008
Rule 150 (1)
Use/allow use of light on/in vehicle likely/to dazzle
$99 1 point
Road Rules 2008
Go figure!Bikinis not Burkas Monday 3 December, 2012 - 3:16 AM
Just do the testing right the first time pleeease. Continual testing is only for money raising. How about they test the testers every five years.Bill Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 9:25 PM
I don't think we need re-testing of all drivers. What I want to see is re-testing of the rotten damned drunken and other drug affected drivers. They are out there ready to cause variously,unnecessary catastrophies and needless deaths of pedestrians, motor cyclists and their equals that drive motor vehicles. It is an an absolute wanton disgrace in NSW,QLD,Victoria and the last labor party State of Sth Australia where there are too many drunken rotten boofheads and other drug affected fools on our roads.Justin Benson Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 9:06 PM
Re: Retesting for drivers.
My wife and I have been driving for 85 years combined without any points on our driving record. Why should we be tested?
People should be tested after an offence eg speeding. Can't resume driving until they pass a test. Perhaps they'll get sick of doing the test and follow the rules.Ron Vaughan Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 9:56 AM