- Who will win big at ARIAS 2014
- Uber: the answer to Sydney cab rides?
- Child found in Quakers Hill drain
- Over treatment with some cancers
- Baird shows huge political courage
- Still cook to Nana's recipes?
- Guy Sebastian is back with Madness
- Halal certification funding terrorists?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
- Greg O on Obama urges Australia to "step up" I am out in my backyard at the moment and am all set to save the environment. I have a Jim's Mowing hat, Steve Irwin shirt ... more
Drivers to be tested every 5 years?
There are some shocking drivers on our roads that make you wonder how they gained their licence. Should drivers undergo driver tests every 5 years? Clinton Maynard gives listeners a run through the test.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Elderly people and those living alone have in the past slipped off our radar in a handful of cases. Now comes a monitoring system that will hopefully see this become a thing of the past as George & Paul reveal.
Our pollies really are precious. Paul Murray reveals the new law changes made to stop the media from taking the mickey out of politicians with The Chaser's Chas Licciardello. They really are sensitive pets.
This is but another cash-cow scheme invented by a useless Roads and Maritime Services bureaucrat for infliction on citizens the vast majority of whom are compliant with the raft of ever changing foolhardly traffic laws. I have no confidence at all in the RMS - the same old bomb jalopy with a fresh coat of paint.Justin Benson Monday 3 December, 2012 - 9:27 AM
No!Robert Monday 3 December, 2012 - 9:25 AM
The RMS changes the rules constantly, use of white foglights to dazzle the oncoming drivers was once $253 and 3 demerit points now it is only $99 and 1 demerit point.
It is a more serious offence to put your wheels on the white edge line than it is to stop other motorists from seeing the road in front of them!
LANES, MERGING, EDGE LINES
Drive on/over continuous white edge line
$232 2 points
Road Rules 2008
Rule 150 (1)
Use/allow use of light on/in vehicle likely/to dazzle
$99 1 point
Road Rules 2008
Go figure!Bikinis not Burkas Monday 3 December, 2012 - 3:16 AM
Just do the testing right the first time pleeease. Continual testing is only for money raising. How about they test the testers every five years.Bill Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 9:25 PM
I don't think we need re-testing of all drivers. What I want to see is re-testing of the rotten damned drunken and other drug affected drivers. They are out there ready to cause variously,unnecessary catastrophies and needless deaths of pedestrians, motor cyclists and their equals that drive motor vehicles. It is an an absolute wanton disgrace in NSW,QLD,Victoria and the last labor party State of Sth Australia where there are too many drunken rotten boofheads and other drug affected fools on our roads.Justin Benson Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 9:06 PM
Re: Retesting for drivers.
My wife and I have been driving for 85 years combined without any points on our driving record. Why should we be tested?
People should be tested after an offence eg speeding. Can't resume driving until they pass a test. Perhaps they'll get sick of doing the test and follow the rules.Ron Vaughan Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 9:56 AM