- Homelessness growing with women?
- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- Kit Harrington on making movies
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
Drivers to be tested every 5 years?
There are some shocking drivers on our roads that make you wonder how they gained their licence. Should drivers undergo driver tests every 5 years? Clinton Maynard gives listeners a run through the test.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Elderly people and those living alone have in the past slipped off our radar in a handful of cases. Now comes a monitoring system that will hopefully see this become a thing of the past as George & Paul reveal.
Our pollies really are precious. Paul Murray reveals the new law changes made to stop the media from taking the mickey out of politicians with The Chaser's Chas Licciardello. They really are sensitive pets.
This is but another cash-cow scheme invented by a useless Roads and Maritime Services bureaucrat for infliction on citizens the vast majority of whom are compliant with the raft of ever changing foolhardly traffic laws. I have no confidence at all in the RMS - the same old bomb jalopy with a fresh coat of paint.Justin Benson Monday 3 December, 2012 - 9:27 AM
No!Robert Monday 3 December, 2012 - 9:25 AM
The RMS changes the rules constantly, use of white foglights to dazzle the oncoming drivers was once $253 and 3 demerit points now it is only $99 and 1 demerit point.
It is a more serious offence to put your wheels on the white edge line than it is to stop other motorists from seeing the road in front of them!
LANES, MERGING, EDGE LINES
Drive on/over continuous white edge line
$232 2 points
Road Rules 2008
Rule 150 (1)
Use/allow use of light on/in vehicle likely/to dazzle
$99 1 point
Road Rules 2008
Go figure!Bikinis not Burkas Monday 3 December, 2012 - 3:16 AM
Just do the testing right the first time pleeease. Continual testing is only for money raising. How about they test the testers every five years.Bill Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 9:25 PM
I don't think we need re-testing of all drivers. What I want to see is re-testing of the rotten damned drunken and other drug affected drivers. They are out there ready to cause variously,unnecessary catastrophies and needless deaths of pedestrians, motor cyclists and their equals that drive motor vehicles. It is an an absolute wanton disgrace in NSW,QLD,Victoria and the last labor party State of Sth Australia where there are too many drunken rotten boofheads and other drug affected fools on our roads.Justin Benson Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 9:06 PM
Re: Retesting for drivers.
My wife and I have been driving for 85 years combined without any points on our driving record. Why should we be tested?
People should be tested after an offence eg speeding. Can't resume driving until they pass a test. Perhaps they'll get sick of doing the test and follow the rules.Ron Vaughan Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 9:56 AM