- Cash transfer company questioned
- Should we ban ISIS flag sales?
- How safe are generic brand meals?
- Anger at ABC Digger massacre claim
- Bill shock on mobile internet data
- Emotional eulogy at funeral
- Clover on council voting reforms
- Marijuana reform step to legalisation?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
- The scourge of Terrorism on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Terrorism is always terrorism. It is never acceptable to commit an act of terrorism. It is never acceptable for ANY party to ... more
- Jonathon L Benson LLB on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque I blame this wishy washy government of nsw. They have the power to outlaw this barbaric flag but are scared of their shadows. more
- Craig on US expanding role in Middle East To get to the crux of this matter, it was US support for the so called rebels in Syria that has led to the creation of this ... more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - absolutely correct. Our out of touch governments should legislate to declare the ownership, carriage, sale, flying ... more
- Cleangirl on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction As welcome as a KKK flag. more
- G, Robertson on Revenue rise in speed cameras Very selective use of words in this conversation. You have to look at where the newer camera locations are to bring this ... more
- molly on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque According to a study, 73% of all Moroccans and Turks in the Netherlands are of the opinion that those who go to Syria to ... more
- Ben on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque That is stupid.First of all it will be impossible to legally do and secondly it will only serve to make the flag more ... more
Electricity price hike of over 18%
NSW electricity bills will rise by an average of 18.1 per cent from July 1, the state's pricing regulator says.
EnergyAustralia customers will cop a 20.6 per cent rise, under tariffs handed down by the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal.
Country Energy customers will be hit by a 19.7 per cent rise and those with Integral Energy face a 11.8 per cent rise.
It comes on top of average increases of 10 per cent and 17 per cent across NSW in 2010-11 and 2011-12 respectively, IPART said.
The regulator has blamed rising network costs and the cost of compliance with federal and state government "green schemes", including carbon pricing.
The price increases announced on Wednesday are slightly higher than those announced during a draft determination in April.
Some customers face increases of up to $555 a year for electricity and $142 a year for gas under new tariffs handed down by the state's pricing regulator today.
The carbon tax and upgrades to the electricity network have been blamed for the hikes, which are about two per cent higher than draft recommendations made in April.
Paul Murray speaks with Dr Peter Boxall of Ipart and seeks out answers to how the hike has suddenly become a huge 18%.
Electricity prices rises in NSW could be halved if the Gillard Government's carbon tax is axed.
That's the verdict of Opposition leader Tony Abbott, who says the state's energy regulator has partly blamed rising power costs on the tax.
Mr Abbott says if the carbon tax is dumped, costs will come down.
Get more details on pricing here: http://www.myenergyoffers.nsw.gov.au/
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The NSW Government has been given the right to privatise the state's power generators. Roman Domanski from Energy Users Ass. tells Jason Morrison it's hard to say if the sell-off will lead to higher power prices.
The O'Farrell Government claims the controversial carbon tax, will increase council rates. Hornsby Mayor, Nick Berman, has told Jason Morrison, whether rates rise or services are cut, home-owners will suffer.
Can you now see why I have a Thai wife and am setting myself up to retire to Thailand cheap Diesel, today 93.8 cpl & E10 $1.11 cpl., and a meal for $1.
In Thailand if you have a Thai wife you can build a 3 bedroom house made from Hebel blocks and a tile foor ready to occupy for $20,000. Can't even build a shed here for that amount.
All of you that have to stay here I feel sorry for you.Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Thursday 14 June, 2012 - 3:40 AM
Clearly Evil. Deceiving liars. Atheists Labor have taken all the Joy out of Australia making a Godless Australia, miserable without a future.Magdalena Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 8:44 PM
@Robert. You remind me of that old song - why don't you get yourself a haircut and get a real job? Too close to the bone?Real Balance Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 4:01 PM
And we can thank rotten Bob Brown then of the dangerous greens party and his executive assistant, Madame Jul-liar for this huge increase in our electricity thanks to their equally rotten carbon dioxide taxation based upon corrupted science used by the dickhead Flannery. BRING ON THE NATIONAL ELECTION RIGHT NOW, PLEASE.Samuel J James Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 3:20 PM
The Lieberal trolls are still spreak Lieberal lies. Nothing new and gets boring. Yawn.Robert Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 2:57 PM
I can no longer beleive this that will mean in the last 4 years I am now paying double per year what i was paying 4 years ago but i am using less electricity.
It is clear ipart is doing the bidding of the privatised electricity providers and barry ofarrell and mr baird.
one OF ipart manadtes is to ensure competion and ensure that peopel of NSW ARE NOT FINANCIALLY DESTROYED.
Now days i go home i live by torchlight and kerosene lamp I am a divorced dink now a sinkI cant turn on a light or a heater and use gas for my hot water The majority of my gas bill is in agl charges and goverment charges then GST and then usage is $8.00 and agl wanted me to move my electricity ove r and were willing to give a 7% discount on $8.00/month or 56 c wow I SAID TO THE GIRL what a fantastic deal you giving me a 56c discount what do i do with that.jag Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 2:41 PM