- Mike Baird now 44th NSW Premier
- Gary O'Callaghan on Talk Back Radio
- If those were my kids, I'd...
- Barry O'Farrell takes to Twitter
- Have you met the royal couple?
- Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks?
- Looking back on O’Farrell the man
- Mike Baird set to become Premier
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alan J on Mike Baird set to become Premier Barry appeared spooked? Why did he panic? more
- Tangled Web on No alternative but for Barry to resign? @Shaun...Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever ... more
- Harry on Would you like us to be a republic? @adriano you sound a little confused, don't let the facts get in your way. The IMF have directed bankrupt England to print ... more
- Tangled Web on Mike Baird set to become Premier Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever receiving ... more
- adriano on Would you like us to be a republic? Harry is the most popular uk name mohammed is only number 19.Also steve you are wrong about the UK economy.It will rise by ... more
- David on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Barry did the right thing to resign, but given the timing of the events surrounding the bottle delivery, anyone could have ... more
- davo on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Of course they like australia .WE HAVE FOOTED THE BILL for their trip! more
- Samuel J on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I believe O'Farrell had a genuine memory lapse! And his ambushing by Watson SC of ICAC has not proven corruption either on ... more
- Shaun on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Premier O'Farrel deserves a second chance. Why don't we bring him back? more
- Robert on Have you lost faith in politicians? Lost faith?! Are you joking?!I stopped voting years ago. I hand in informal votes.Once you find out about the new world ... more
- Robert on Would you like us to be a republic? A Republic yes but DONT change the flag. more
- Tangled Web on Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed? Apparently our movers & shakers want a cashless society? What happens when the whole system crashes? It would be chaotic ... more
- Cleangirl on Would you like us to be a republic? Can ANYONE name a Republic or republic model better than what we have ? Do we choose from any of the African models ? or ... more
- Angela Coombes on Have you lost faith in politicians? Well this Robertson joker has not got the credentials to give advice - given the record of his utterly failed, absolutely ... more
- Julie on Pension age to be lifted to 70? The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Julie on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Angela Coombes on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation @Jaydee you are 1000% correct. However, I believe in the case of O'Farrell he would have received gifts on his appointment ... more
- Athol on No alternative but for Barry to resign? I can see little old wine drinker Barry, being gifted a very lucrative cushy job aboard Tony Abbott's hasty new airport ... more
- Konrad H. on Have you lost faith in politicians? Iffy Barry O'Farrell is apparently no good, however iffy John Robertson is arguably even worse. Hypocrite Robertson is ... more
- Sam on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Affection for Australia? How nice! But I hope they don't have that very same affection that they were supposed to have for ... more
Electricity price hike of over 18%
NSW electricity bills will rise by an average of 18.1 per cent from July 1, the state's pricing regulator says.
EnergyAustralia customers will cop a 20.6 per cent rise, under tariffs handed down by the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal.
Country Energy customers will be hit by a 19.7 per cent rise and those with Integral Energy face a 11.8 per cent rise.
It comes on top of average increases of 10 per cent and 17 per cent across NSW in 2010-11 and 2011-12 respectively, IPART said.
The regulator has blamed rising network costs and the cost of compliance with federal and state government "green schemes", including carbon pricing.
The price increases announced on Wednesday are slightly higher than those announced during a draft determination in April.
Some customers face increases of up to $555 a year for electricity and $142 a year for gas under new tariffs handed down by the state's pricing regulator today.
The carbon tax and upgrades to the electricity network have been blamed for the hikes, which are about two per cent higher than draft recommendations made in April.
Paul Murray speaks with Dr Peter Boxall of Ipart and seeks out answers to how the hike has suddenly become a huge 18%.
Electricity prices rises in NSW could be halved if the Gillard Government's carbon tax is axed.
That's the verdict of Opposition leader Tony Abbott, who says the state's energy regulator has partly blamed rising power costs on the tax.
Mr Abbott says if the carbon tax is dumped, costs will come down.
Get more details on pricing here: http://www.myenergyoffers.nsw.gov.au/
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The NSW Government has been given the right to privatise the state's power generators. Roman Domanski from Energy Users Ass. tells Jason Morrison it's hard to say if the sell-off will lead to higher power prices.
The O'Farrell Government claims the controversial carbon tax, will increase council rates. Hornsby Mayor, Nick Berman, has told Jason Morrison, whether rates rise or services are cut, home-owners will suffer.
Can you now see why I have a Thai wife and am setting myself up to retire to Thailand cheap Diesel, today 93.8 cpl & E10 $1.11 cpl., and a meal for $1.
In Thailand if you have a Thai wife you can build a 3 bedroom house made from Hebel blocks and a tile foor ready to occupy for $20,000. Can't even build a shed here for that amount.
All of you that have to stay here I feel sorry for you.Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Thursday 14 June, 2012 - 3:40 AM
Clearly Evil. Deceiving liars. Atheists Labor have taken all the Joy out of Australia making a Godless Australia, miserable without a future.Magdalena Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 8:44 PM
@Robert. You remind me of that old song - why don't you get yourself a haircut and get a real job? Too close to the bone?Real Balance Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 4:01 PM
And we can thank rotten Bob Brown then of the dangerous greens party and his executive assistant, Madame Jul-liar for this huge increase in our electricity thanks to their equally rotten carbon dioxide taxation based upon corrupted science used by the dickhead Flannery. BRING ON THE NATIONAL ELECTION RIGHT NOW, PLEASE.Samuel J James Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 3:20 PM
The Lieberal trolls are still spreak Lieberal lies. Nothing new and gets boring. Yawn.Robert Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 2:57 PM
I can no longer beleive this that will mean in the last 4 years I am now paying double per year what i was paying 4 years ago but i am using less electricity.
It is clear ipart is doing the bidding of the privatised electricity providers and barry ofarrell and mr baird.
one OF ipart manadtes is to ensure competion and ensure that peopel of NSW ARE NOT FINANCIALLY DESTROYED.
Now days i go home i live by torchlight and kerosene lamp I am a divorced dink now a sinkI cant turn on a light or a heater and use gas for my hot water The majority of my gas bill is in agl charges and goverment charges then GST and then usage is $8.00 and agl wanted me to move my electricity ove r and were willing to give a 7% discount on $8.00/month or 56 c wow I SAID TO THE GIRL what a fantastic deal you giving me a 56c discount what do i do with that.jag Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 2:41 PM