- James Tiger - Lego Ninjago
- Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it?
- Hike to help our Harbour
- What fairness for the average joe?
- Koala saved using CPR
- Your cash just a fingertip scan away?
- Mitchell on Shorten rape allegations
- Bill Shorten reveals rape allegations
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on Crisis over Palmer China comments Both Palmer and his side-kick Jaquie Lambie are utterly rank incompetent damned fools and totally unfit to be in our ... more
- PRINCE JOE HOKEY on Clive Palmer drops another clanger All honest people would have to agree with Clive Palmer's rather frank, but blunt opinion and know where Clive is coming ... more
- Anthony on Clive Palmer drops another clanger Way to go Clive. I moved to Australia 8 years ago and was shocked to see Australia owns nothing! You've sold your country to ... more
- molly on Clive Palmer drops another clanger watch out Clive the anti-free speech people will get you. If china want Australia they will have to fight Islam for it. ... more
- Ben on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Why does this even make the news?Get over it. I have been rejected for age, looks, prejudice and who knows what other ... more
- Angela Coombes on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? The coffee shop owner has a right to hire an employee whom he or she feels will fit in with the business. It is no different ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? I don't think the clown Baird realises he has a State election on in about March 2015. Is he running his candidates for ... more
- Angela Coombes on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping How utterly foolhardy of this Baird joker not nominating candidates. He could have come up with two outstanding liberal ... more
- SLOPPY JOE-CANBERRA on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping What a shocking state of affairs with so many bad, self-serving politicians about...allegedly there to manage the nation? ... more
- Cleangirl on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? and how many government departments seem to be made up predominantly with a single foreign race ? more
- paulo on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? This cafe owner will be shamed into learning a lesson that racism is not accepted here! more
- Bruce on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Leave the coffee shop owner alone its hard enough making a living in the hospitality industry without have to deal with a ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? It is gutless on the part of the liberal party. Why not field new candidates and market their integrity - assuming they have ... more
- barry on Hockey backlash on poor comments Well we now see the true colours of adopted name JOE HOCKEY,has no idea of the working class struggles,indicated by his ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? Maybe we should put more bible bashers in Parliament to help root out the corrupt thugs in all the failed political parties ... more
- Samuel J on Spike in ice use across Sydney Just how do the ingredients for these drugs get out to this poor stupid forlorn drug affected knuckleheads! I am inclined to ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Hockey backlash on poor comments Like the fool Wayne Swan, this Hockey joker is well past his 'Use-By" date indeed! I suggest put someone in his job who ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? All it will mean is more hung parliaments full of even more shonks, dunces, fools and clowns collectively bleeding us ... more
- Craig on Hockey backlash on poor comments These jokers born with silver spoons in their mouth, multi millionaires have NO idea.Poor people do drive most of us live ... more
- Cleangirl on Help, can you solve our traffic woes? Get pack cyclists off main roads during peak times. Surely they can do their hobby ride another time of day. and ask 4WD`s ... more
Electricity price hike of over 18%
NSW electricity bills will rise by an average of 18.1 per cent from July 1, the state's pricing regulator says.
EnergyAustralia customers will cop a 20.6 per cent rise, under tariffs handed down by the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal.
Country Energy customers will be hit by a 19.7 per cent rise and those with Integral Energy face a 11.8 per cent rise.
It comes on top of average increases of 10 per cent and 17 per cent across NSW in 2010-11 and 2011-12 respectively, IPART said.
The regulator has blamed rising network costs and the cost of compliance with federal and state government "green schemes", including carbon pricing.
The price increases announced on Wednesday are slightly higher than those announced during a draft determination in April.
Some customers face increases of up to $555 a year for electricity and $142 a year for gas under new tariffs handed down by the state's pricing regulator today.
The carbon tax and upgrades to the electricity network have been blamed for the hikes, which are about two per cent higher than draft recommendations made in April.
Paul Murray speaks with Dr Peter Boxall of Ipart and seeks out answers to how the hike has suddenly become a huge 18%.
Electricity prices rises in NSW could be halved if the Gillard Government's carbon tax is axed.
That's the verdict of Opposition leader Tony Abbott, who says the state's energy regulator has partly blamed rising power costs on the tax.
Mr Abbott says if the carbon tax is dumped, costs will come down.
Get more details on pricing here: http://www.myenergyoffers.nsw.gov.au/
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The NSW Government has been given the right to privatise the state's power generators. Roman Domanski from Energy Users Ass. tells Jason Morrison it's hard to say if the sell-off will lead to higher power prices.
The O'Farrell Government claims the controversial carbon tax, will increase council rates. Hornsby Mayor, Nick Berman, has told Jason Morrison, whether rates rise or services are cut, home-owners will suffer.
Can you now see why I have a Thai wife and am setting myself up to retire to Thailand cheap Diesel, today 93.8 cpl & E10 $1.11 cpl., and a meal for $1.
In Thailand if you have a Thai wife you can build a 3 bedroom house made from Hebel blocks and a tile foor ready to occupy for $20,000. Can't even build a shed here for that amount.
All of you that have to stay here I feel sorry for you.Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Thursday 14 June, 2012 - 3:40 AM
Clearly Evil. Deceiving liars. Atheists Labor have taken all the Joy out of Australia making a Godless Australia, miserable without a future.Magdalena Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 8:44 PM
@Robert. You remind me of that old song - why don't you get yourself a haircut and get a real job? Too close to the bone?Real Balance Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 4:01 PM
And we can thank rotten Bob Brown then of the dangerous greens party and his executive assistant, Madame Jul-liar for this huge increase in our electricity thanks to their equally rotten carbon dioxide taxation based upon corrupted science used by the dickhead Flannery. BRING ON THE NATIONAL ELECTION RIGHT NOW, PLEASE.Samuel J James Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 3:20 PM
The Lieberal trolls are still spreak Lieberal lies. Nothing new and gets boring. Yawn.Robert Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 2:57 PM
I can no longer beleive this that will mean in the last 4 years I am now paying double per year what i was paying 4 years ago but i am using less electricity.
It is clear ipart is doing the bidding of the privatised electricity providers and barry ofarrell and mr baird.
one OF ipart manadtes is to ensure competion and ensure that peopel of NSW ARE NOT FINANCIALLY DESTROYED.
Now days i go home i live by torchlight and kerosene lamp I am a divorced dink now a sinkI cant turn on a light or a heater and use gas for my hot water The majority of my gas bill is in agl charges and goverment charges then GST and then usage is $8.00 and agl wanted me to move my electricity ove r and were willing to give a 7% discount on $8.00/month or 56 c wow I SAID TO THE GIRL what a fantastic deal you giving me a 56c discount what do i do with that.jag Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 2:41 PM