- How to attract the perfect partner?
- Wendy Matthews: Campfire Festival
- Jodi McKay to contest Strathfield
- Too many truck accidents
- The lone wolf: who is watching?
- McSchools for fast food education
- Rabbi's response to Greens Grinch
- Creep filming bums on beaches
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN on Too many truck accidents The police need to get with the times, technology can go a long way in stopping rogue truck drivers and other crime. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Greens Grinch against Christmas @Judith - well said. They are also a band of wanton lunatics that should never be allowed to enter any form of public ... more
- peter on The lone wolf: who is watching? as long as the lone wolf starts at the top and works his way down the food chain it wont affect most Australianspollies then ... more
- MARY CHRISTMAS on Greens Grinch against Christmas So called religious tolerance is only for certain types and certainly not for Christians. Christianity is the most ... more
- Janelle on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens councillor from Woollahra has a point in that the function he is referring to is to be funded by the Woollahra ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on The lone wolf: who is watching? It would not be so bad if there were only "one lone wolf", however these so called lone wolves pop up like mushrooms hidden ... more
- Cleangirl on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens are ruining Australia with their Political Correctness terrorism. more
- Join the Q Society on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Cleangirl has said it all! more
- Join the Q Society on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Local Government Minster should sack this ^&*(%$ person! more
- Leon on Greens Grinch against Christmas You want to celebrate a fairy tale do it at home. I'm sick of the child abuse that comes with brainwashing children. more
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
Electricity price hike of over 18%
NSW electricity bills will rise by an average of 18.1 per cent from July 1, the state's pricing regulator says.
EnergyAustralia customers will cop a 20.6 per cent rise, under tariffs handed down by the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal.
Country Energy customers will be hit by a 19.7 per cent rise and those with Integral Energy face a 11.8 per cent rise.
It comes on top of average increases of 10 per cent and 17 per cent across NSW in 2010-11 and 2011-12 respectively, IPART said.
The regulator has blamed rising network costs and the cost of compliance with federal and state government "green schemes", including carbon pricing.
The price increases announced on Wednesday are slightly higher than those announced during a draft determination in April.
Some customers face increases of up to $555 a year for electricity and $142 a year for gas under new tariffs handed down by the state's pricing regulator today.
The carbon tax and upgrades to the electricity network have been blamed for the hikes, which are about two per cent higher than draft recommendations made in April.
Paul Murray speaks with Dr Peter Boxall of Ipart and seeks out answers to how the hike has suddenly become a huge 18%.
Electricity prices rises in NSW could be halved if the Gillard Government's carbon tax is axed.
That's the verdict of Opposition leader Tony Abbott, who says the state's energy regulator has partly blamed rising power costs on the tax.
Mr Abbott says if the carbon tax is dumped, costs will come down.
Get more details on pricing here: http://www.myenergyoffers.nsw.gov.au/
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The NSW Government has been given the right to privatise the state's power generators. Roman Domanski from Energy Users Ass. tells Jason Morrison it's hard to say if the sell-off will lead to higher power prices.
The O'Farrell Government claims the controversial carbon tax, will increase council rates. Hornsby Mayor, Nick Berman, has told Jason Morrison, whether rates rise or services are cut, home-owners will suffer.
Can you now see why I have a Thai wife and am setting myself up to retire to Thailand cheap Diesel, today 93.8 cpl & E10 $1.11 cpl., and a meal for $1.
In Thailand if you have a Thai wife you can build a 3 bedroom house made from Hebel blocks and a tile foor ready to occupy for $20,000. Can't even build a shed here for that amount.
All of you that have to stay here I feel sorry for you.Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Thursday 14 June, 2012 - 3:40 AM
Clearly Evil. Deceiving liars. Atheists Labor have taken all the Joy out of Australia making a Godless Australia, miserable without a future.Magdalena Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 8:44 PM
@Robert. You remind me of that old song - why don't you get yourself a haircut and get a real job? Too close to the bone?Real Balance Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 4:01 PM
And we can thank rotten Bob Brown then of the dangerous greens party and his executive assistant, Madame Jul-liar for this huge increase in our electricity thanks to their equally rotten carbon dioxide taxation based upon corrupted science used by the dickhead Flannery. BRING ON THE NATIONAL ELECTION RIGHT NOW, PLEASE.Samuel J James Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 3:20 PM
The Lieberal trolls are still spreak Lieberal lies. Nothing new and gets boring. Yawn.Robert Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 2:57 PM
I can no longer beleive this that will mean in the last 4 years I am now paying double per year what i was paying 4 years ago but i am using less electricity.
It is clear ipart is doing the bidding of the privatised electricity providers and barry ofarrell and mr baird.
one OF ipart manadtes is to ensure competion and ensure that peopel of NSW ARE NOT FINANCIALLY DESTROYED.
Now days i go home i live by torchlight and kerosene lamp I am a divorced dink now a sinkI cant turn on a light or a heater and use gas for my hot water The majority of my gas bill is in agl charges and goverment charges then GST and then usage is $8.00 and agl wanted me to move my electricity ove r and were willing to give a 7% discount on $8.00/month or 56 c wow I SAID TO THE GIRL what a fantastic deal you giving me a 56c discount what do i do with that.jag Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 2:41 PM