- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Xenophon to set up political party
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
Electricity price hike of over 18%
NSW electricity bills will rise by an average of 18.1 per cent from July 1, the state's pricing regulator says.
EnergyAustralia customers will cop a 20.6 per cent rise, under tariffs handed down by the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal.
Country Energy customers will be hit by a 19.7 per cent rise and those with Integral Energy face a 11.8 per cent rise.
It comes on top of average increases of 10 per cent and 17 per cent across NSW in 2010-11 and 2011-12 respectively, IPART said.
The regulator has blamed rising network costs and the cost of compliance with federal and state government "green schemes", including carbon pricing.
The price increases announced on Wednesday are slightly higher than those announced during a draft determination in April.
Some customers face increases of up to $555 a year for electricity and $142 a year for gas under new tariffs handed down by the state's pricing regulator today.
The carbon tax and upgrades to the electricity network have been blamed for the hikes, which are about two per cent higher than draft recommendations made in April.
Paul Murray speaks with Dr Peter Boxall of Ipart and seeks out answers to how the hike has suddenly become a huge 18%.
Electricity prices rises in NSW could be halved if the Gillard Government's carbon tax is axed.
That's the verdict of Opposition leader Tony Abbott, who says the state's energy regulator has partly blamed rising power costs on the tax.
Mr Abbott says if the carbon tax is dumped, costs will come down.
Get more details on pricing here: http://www.myenergyoffers.nsw.gov.au/
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The NSW Government has been given the right to privatise the state's power generators. Roman Domanski from Energy Users Ass. tells Jason Morrison it's hard to say if the sell-off will lead to higher power prices.
The O'Farrell Government claims the controversial carbon tax, will increase council rates. Hornsby Mayor, Nick Berman, has told Jason Morrison, whether rates rise or services are cut, home-owners will suffer.
Can you now see why I have a Thai wife and am setting myself up to retire to Thailand cheap Diesel, today 93.8 cpl & E10 $1.11 cpl., and a meal for $1.
In Thailand if you have a Thai wife you can build a 3 bedroom house made from Hebel blocks and a tile foor ready to occupy for $20,000. Can't even build a shed here for that amount.
All of you that have to stay here I feel sorry for you.Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Thursday 14 June, 2012 - 3:40 AM
Clearly Evil. Deceiving liars. Atheists Labor have taken all the Joy out of Australia making a Godless Australia, miserable without a future.Magdalena Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 8:44 PM
@Robert. You remind me of that old song - why don't you get yourself a haircut and get a real job? Too close to the bone?Real Balance Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 4:01 PM
And we can thank rotten Bob Brown then of the dangerous greens party and his executive assistant, Madame Jul-liar for this huge increase in our electricity thanks to their equally rotten carbon dioxide taxation based upon corrupted science used by the dickhead Flannery. BRING ON THE NATIONAL ELECTION RIGHT NOW, PLEASE.Samuel J James Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 3:20 PM
The Lieberal trolls are still spreak Lieberal lies. Nothing new and gets boring. Yawn.Robert Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 2:57 PM
I can no longer beleive this that will mean in the last 4 years I am now paying double per year what i was paying 4 years ago but i am using less electricity.
It is clear ipart is doing the bidding of the privatised electricity providers and barry ofarrell and mr baird.
one OF ipart manadtes is to ensure competion and ensure that peopel of NSW ARE NOT FINANCIALLY DESTROYED.
Now days i go home i live by torchlight and kerosene lamp I am a divorced dink now a sinkI cant turn on a light or a heater and use gas for my hot water The majority of my gas bill is in agl charges and goverment charges then GST and then usage is $8.00 and agl wanted me to move my electricity ove r and were willing to give a 7% discount on $8.00/month or 56 c wow I SAID TO THE GIRL what a fantastic deal you giving me a 56c discount what do i do with that.jag Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 2:41 PM