- Do we need seats for indigenous MPs
- Revealed: Operation Pendennis
- Overcoming fear in our suburbs
- Sydney's Favourite Teacher 2014
- Council sister city costs questioned
- 12 secrets to a happy marriage
- New phase in fight on terror
- Let Australians go fight for ISIL?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- adam on Should we ban local ISIS flag sales? Justin, the extract below is from Christian News Minute (CNM) I hope it gives you pause for thought.The ISIS flag consists ... more
- The Devils Advocate on Too apathetic to make a change? Neil really wants to say the number plate is an antiemetic racial slur. He is prevented from saying that because he has ... more
- RAKESH ADUK on Too apathetic to make a change? Garry Linnell talks a lot of sense! Whenever I go overseas and see the beautiful Aussie flag, it immediately takes me back ... more
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
- The scourge of Terrorism on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Terrorism is always terrorism. It is never acceptable to commit an act of terrorism. It is never acceptable for ANY party to ... more
- Jonathon L Benson LLB on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque I blame this wishy washy government of nsw. They have the power to outlaw this barbaric flag but are scared of their shadows. more
- Craig on US expanding role in Middle East To get to the crux of this matter, it was US support for the so called rebels in Syria that has led to the creation of this ... more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - absolutely correct. Our out of touch governments should legislate to declare the ownership, carriage, sale, flying ... more
- Cleangirl on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction As welcome as a KKK flag. more
Emergency waiting time failure
A lack of beds is being blamed for almost half of metropolitan hospitals failing to meet national targets.
The National Health Perfomance Authority has found hundreds of ER patients aren't being treated within the recommended timeframe, with seven of the worst 10 offenders in New South Wales.
Steve Hambleton from the Medical Association has told Stuart Bocking there's no quick fix to the problem.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The state government is confident our public hospitals will lift their game, as new figures show many are failing to meet national targets.
Seven of Australia's worst perfomers are in New South Wales, including at Liverpool, where only 36 per-cent of emergency patiets are seen to within four hours.
Health Minister Jillian Skinner says work is underway to identify and fix the problems.
Tanya Plibersek, Federal Health Minister, speaks with John Stanley and Kath Robinson on the release of the National Health Performance Authority, Hospital Performance and the time patients spent in emergency departments in 2011-12.
New South Wales Health Minister Jillian Skinner speaks with 2UE's Tim Webster and Tracey Spicer and says other states have had a head start on meeting emergency department targets.
Sydney trams set to make a comeback as Premier Barry O'Farrell announces his final transport plans. The blueprint will also reaffirm a second rail crossing of Sydney Harbour and the NW rail link.
The question What Is Permeate was one of Australia's most Googled inquiries this year. But it was the Korean pop act Psy's Gangnam Style that was the nation's highest-trending search term on Google.
@Hi there Terrence, with firm reason intelligent Australians are not interested in lying misfits Labor who are seriously mismanaging Australia. This is called common sense mate. Therefore the only viable and hopeful choice they have is Liberal. Clearly rusted on rabid Labor voters are a dead loss and counter productive to Australia's best interests. Sabotaging Labor are obviously finished and will not let go of their power trip, till they rightly get kicked out on their very last day! There really must be a Royal Commission to delve right into corrupt Labor who evidently hate Australia with a deep rooted vengeance. These dirty white anting Labor cockroaches need to be flushed out with appropriate subsequent action.Alicia Monday 17 December, 2012 - 7:01 PM
With all the money we are sending off shore in foreign aid it would be either cheaper or easier to catch a plane and go to say the Philippines or Indonesia.
Just go where our money goes!Peter Monday 17 December, 2012 - 12:15 PM
@Justin J. Look around mate it isnt hard to see we are already living in a third world country.Robert Monday 17 December, 2012 - 11:15 AM
You are right Justin this is just and outright manipulation of Labor trying to weaken and bring into dispute the credentials of the Electrol commision should resist this legislation on the grounds that it would pollute the electoral roles something the Electrol Commision should avoid as part of thier charter. Coalition voters should go to various polling booths and make sure that no one else has voted on thier behalf and if so then bring it to the intention of the scrutineers.Ivan Monday 17 December, 2012 - 10:13 AM
Thats no different to fifteen years ago. Boy the state labour government really screwed things up.Robert Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 11:27 AM
Well finally Lieberal stooges have come to realise that this govt is not going away before the election. Until now they have all been dreaming that the govt will fall any day; which is why all their efforts and time were spent on personal attacks, abuses, and lies, lies and lies. Now that these have spectacularly collapsed, they realise there is no escape from an election. But Phony has not prepared any policies yet. The only thing he is trying to pass off as polices is a collection of some low quality speeches he gave at various times. There are no policies, only dreams and lies. Also, now he has to defend himself and his bunch of incompetents about their involvement in trying to bring down a govt through the Slipper conspiracy - another one that backfired spectacularly. In the meantime, Australia is proving to the world what a sound economy we have and we are getting accolades for that from all over the world. The only people who donâ??t like it are the Lieberal stooges.Terrence Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 7:35 AM