- Earth missed catastrophe by a week
- Asylum seekers heading to mainland
- Women still face work discrimination
- Do we all have psychic connections?
- Home lost to real estate fraudsters
- A week of horror over flight MH17
- Time for serious debate on euthanasia
- Bus crash kills one injures dozens
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? @Craig you purposely omitted Russian armed and Russian trained killers did this...what is your agenda here? more
- Gary on Abbott copping Senate body blows If the PPL for everyone is such a bad thing, waste of effort and doesn't achieve anything in regards to workplace ... more
- Samuel J James on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said indeed. And Vladimar Putin, the KGB thug and temporary President of Russia has given as much help to the ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: Putin behind the attack? It can be assumed that Putin, the KGB thug is imitating one of his equal coward and former President of the Soviet Union, ... more
- Samuel J on A week of horror over flight MH17 Putin, the KGB thug is convicted in absentia - Please God. more
- stevo on Time for serious debate on euthanasia Legalise Euthanasia for those with 6 months to live if doctors and family want.My dad asked to be given and injection as he ... more
- Cleangirl on Bus crash kills one injures dozens Get bicycles OUT of bus lanes for a start. more
- Jonathon L Benson on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The sickening pictures of the filthy train leaving Ukraine with the bodies of many of these multi-national souls on board, ... more
- Samuel J on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill The do-gooders will probably get their way with this and it will be sadly regected. We have no leadership here in nsw so let ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said. The victims even after death did not receive any dignity at all from the Russian and Ukraine ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why do we need childcare subsidies @Greg O - you are absolutely correct. It is this 'gimmie, gimmie' nonsense and nanny State mentality that is thoroughly ... more
- Kimber on MH17: the long journey home A heartfelt thank you to the Netherlands in appreciation for finally giving some dignity to the victims of flight MH17. more
- Craig on MH17: Putin behind the attack? If America has proof why have they not shown it? The Ukraine air traffic control tapes have been confiscated by the State ... more
- Greta on New Times for Weekend Shows Fantastic to hear Tim coming on earlier - love his show, has interesting segments, would love to hear more of the gardening ... more
- Craig on MH17: Putin behind the attack? @Shot down, You would also believe pigs fly.There is a lot more to this, have you seen Russia's reply yesterday? Radar of ... more
- Angela Coombes on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? I don't feel sorry for her at all. Apart from her big mouth which shoots off without thinking first this galloot is ... more
- Keith A Tudor on MH17: Putin behind the attack? I firmly believe the utterly expensive anti-aircraft missile fired at Malaysian Airlines Passenger Jet MH17 and which ... more
- Samuel J on Sydney suffering too many councils @Angry Ratepayer - I agree. Councils' charter needs to be redrawn and be in simple terms to cut out this continuous ... more
- G. Parker on Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person' This woman is a disgrace... she isn't talking to the ladies at the local RSL club, but AUSTRALIA! How can someone with this ... more
- Sheila Freeman on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Now where is Tania and the rest of the Labour party who are always ready to criticise the Libs - totally inappropriate ... more
Emergency waiting time failure
A lack of beds is being blamed for almost half of metropolitan hospitals failing to meet national targets.
The National Health Perfomance Authority has found hundreds of ER patients aren't being treated within the recommended timeframe, with seven of the worst 10 offenders in New South Wales.
Steve Hambleton from the Medical Association has told Stuart Bocking there's no quick fix to the problem.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The state government is confident our public hospitals will lift their game, as new figures show many are failing to meet national targets.
Seven of Australia's worst perfomers are in New South Wales, including at Liverpool, where only 36 per-cent of emergency patiets are seen to within four hours.
Health Minister Jillian Skinner says work is underway to identify and fix the problems.
Tanya Plibersek, Federal Health Minister, speaks with John Stanley and Kath Robinson on the release of the National Health Performance Authority, Hospital Performance and the time patients spent in emergency departments in 2011-12.
New South Wales Health Minister Jillian Skinner speaks with 2UE's Tim Webster and Tracey Spicer and says other states have had a head start on meeting emergency department targets.
Sydney trams set to make a comeback as Premier Barry O'Farrell announces his final transport plans. The blueprint will also reaffirm a second rail crossing of Sydney Harbour and the NW rail link.
The question What Is Permeate was one of Australia's most Googled inquiries this year. But it was the Korean pop act Psy's Gangnam Style that was the nation's highest-trending search term on Google.
@Hi there Terrence, with firm reason intelligent Australians are not interested in lying misfits Labor who are seriously mismanaging Australia. This is called common sense mate. Therefore the only viable and hopeful choice they have is Liberal. Clearly rusted on rabid Labor voters are a dead loss and counter productive to Australia's best interests. Sabotaging Labor are obviously finished and will not let go of their power trip, till they rightly get kicked out on their very last day! There really must be a Royal Commission to delve right into corrupt Labor who evidently hate Australia with a deep rooted vengeance. These dirty white anting Labor cockroaches need to be flushed out with appropriate subsequent action.Alicia Monday 17 December, 2012 - 7:01 PM
With all the money we are sending off shore in foreign aid it would be either cheaper or easier to catch a plane and go to say the Philippines or Indonesia.
Just go where our money goes!Peter Monday 17 December, 2012 - 12:15 PM
@Justin J. Look around mate it isnt hard to see we are already living in a third world country.Robert Monday 17 December, 2012 - 11:15 AM
You are right Justin this is just and outright manipulation of Labor trying to weaken and bring into dispute the credentials of the Electrol commision should resist this legislation on the grounds that it would pollute the electoral roles something the Electrol Commision should avoid as part of thier charter. Coalition voters should go to various polling booths and make sure that no one else has voted on thier behalf and if so then bring it to the intention of the scrutineers.Ivan Monday 17 December, 2012 - 10:13 AM
Thats no different to fifteen years ago. Boy the state labour government really screwed things up.Robert Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 11:27 AM
Well finally Lieberal stooges have come to realise that this govt is not going away before the election. Until now they have all been dreaming that the govt will fall any day; which is why all their efforts and time were spent on personal attacks, abuses, and lies, lies and lies. Now that these have spectacularly collapsed, they realise there is no escape from an election. But Phony has not prepared any policies yet. The only thing he is trying to pass off as polices is a collection of some low quality speeches he gave at various times. There are no policies, only dreams and lies. Also, now he has to defend himself and his bunch of incompetents about their involvement in trying to bring down a govt through the Slipper conspiracy - another one that backfired spectacularly. In the meantime, Australia is proving to the world what a sound economy we have and we are getting accolades for that from all over the world. The only people who donâ??t like it are the Lieberal stooges.Terrence Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 7:35 AM