- PM discusses the issues on 2UE
- What to call the new CBD sculpture?
- David Suchet: The Last Confession
- Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD
- $1 milk sending our farmers broke
- Work for Dole rules far too strict?
- No place to top up Opal cards?
- Fighting stops MH17 recovery
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mike on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD LooksÂ like Clover Moores brain and just as empty more
- James W on Work for the dole doesn't work Abetz tells Brisbane that a face to face meeting with an enployer is the proper way to apply for a job. 40 meetings a month ... more
- Paul Barnham on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD What a waste of money. I think it has a touch of the "Emperors new clothes" more
- Sean on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD Giant Tapeworm!Inject it into all the clowns at the council who decided to block up the streets with this ridiculous, ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Work for the dole doesn't work From what I can see, so called "volunteers" aka "work for the dole" in charities like Vinnies, Salvos, Smith Family etc is ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Evidently all of these so called "free trade agreements" have decimated our job market. The days are long gone where you ... more
- Tony on Work for the dole doesn't work Of course work for the dole will not work for those who don't want to work! more
- Greg O on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? This is the type of poll result that you get when far too many people think the qualities of a good Prime Minister are ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? Thank God for Tony Abbott. Imagine if Rudd the Dudd was still prime minister - he would be ringing Putin the Thug and ... more
- Keith A Tudor on PM polls are on the slide? Well said Sam and Tony! It is this breed of dole bludgers and others that want to live on government handouts fostered by ... more
- Tony on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? The only thing we can be assured of is that Rudd or Gillard were still in the hotseat, headless chooks would be handling the ... more
- Tony on Asylum seekers heading to mainland The traitorous illegal and economic chasing advocates and their equally foul legal soliciting brethren should open up their ... more
- COUNTRY SHOPPERS GALORE on Asylum seekers heading to mainland Asylum seekers or queue jumpers, economic country shoppers? We absolutely must protect our borders and nation's sovereignty. ... more
- NO GOD NO ATHEISTS... on Near death experiences all vivid What about the many saintly people who pass away and their bodies miraculously remain incorrupt, even after 100's of years. ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? Well just look at the flip side, so perhaps we prefer silly willy to be the Prime Minister... more
- Samuel J on PM polls are on the slide? I believe these so called 'polls' are conducted in die-hard labor party electrotes hence the skewed outcome or abject lies. ... more
- Tony on PM polls are on the slide? It is obvious that the vast majority of Australians prefer wishy washy, cash giverway, leftist green brain dead governments, ... more
- PRO LIFE... on Time for serious debate on euthanasia I am not sure about euthanasia, especially with so many devious, agenda driven people around? Wanting to hurry up things! I ... more
- Jan McTiernan on Time for serious debate on euthanasia If someone wants to die it should be with their own hand. Asking someone else to take your life is selfish. Helping someone ... more
- JULIAR... on Earth missed catastrophe by a week Could this be the very beginning of Julia's anthropogenic global warming...quick, hurry up Tony, bring back the carbon tax. more
Emergency waiting time failure
A lack of beds is being blamed for almost half of metropolitan hospitals failing to meet national targets.
The National Health Perfomance Authority has found hundreds of ER patients aren't being treated within the recommended timeframe, with seven of the worst 10 offenders in New South Wales.
Steve Hambleton from the Medical Association has told Stuart Bocking there's no quick fix to the problem.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The state government is confident our public hospitals will lift their game, as new figures show many are failing to meet national targets.
Seven of Australia's worst perfomers are in New South Wales, including at Liverpool, where only 36 per-cent of emergency patiets are seen to within four hours.
Health Minister Jillian Skinner says work is underway to identify and fix the problems.
Tanya Plibersek, Federal Health Minister, speaks with John Stanley and Kath Robinson on the release of the National Health Performance Authority, Hospital Performance and the time patients spent in emergency departments in 2011-12.
New South Wales Health Minister Jillian Skinner speaks with 2UE's Tim Webster and Tracey Spicer and says other states have had a head start on meeting emergency department targets.
Sydney trams set to make a comeback as Premier Barry O'Farrell announces his final transport plans. The blueprint will also reaffirm a second rail crossing of Sydney Harbour and the NW rail link.
The question What Is Permeate was one of Australia's most Googled inquiries this year. But it was the Korean pop act Psy's Gangnam Style that was the nation's highest-trending search term on Google.
@Hi there Terrence, with firm reason intelligent Australians are not interested in lying misfits Labor who are seriously mismanaging Australia. This is called common sense mate. Therefore the only viable and hopeful choice they have is Liberal. Clearly rusted on rabid Labor voters are a dead loss and counter productive to Australia's best interests. Sabotaging Labor are obviously finished and will not let go of their power trip, till they rightly get kicked out on their very last day! There really must be a Royal Commission to delve right into corrupt Labor who evidently hate Australia with a deep rooted vengeance. These dirty white anting Labor cockroaches need to be flushed out with appropriate subsequent action.Alicia Monday 17 December, 2012 - 7:01 PM
With all the money we are sending off shore in foreign aid it would be either cheaper or easier to catch a plane and go to say the Philippines or Indonesia.
Just go where our money goes!Peter Monday 17 December, 2012 - 12:15 PM
@Justin J. Look around mate it isnt hard to see we are already living in a third world country.Robert Monday 17 December, 2012 - 11:15 AM
You are right Justin this is just and outright manipulation of Labor trying to weaken and bring into dispute the credentials of the Electrol commision should resist this legislation on the grounds that it would pollute the electoral roles something the Electrol Commision should avoid as part of thier charter. Coalition voters should go to various polling booths and make sure that no one else has voted on thier behalf and if so then bring it to the intention of the scrutineers.Ivan Monday 17 December, 2012 - 10:13 AM
Thats no different to fifteen years ago. Boy the state labour government really screwed things up.Robert Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 11:27 AM
Well finally Lieberal stooges have come to realise that this govt is not going away before the election. Until now they have all been dreaming that the govt will fall any day; which is why all their efforts and time were spent on personal attacks, abuses, and lies, lies and lies. Now that these have spectacularly collapsed, they realise there is no escape from an election. But Phony has not prepared any policies yet. The only thing he is trying to pass off as polices is a collection of some low quality speeches he gave at various times. There are no policies, only dreams and lies. Also, now he has to defend himself and his bunch of incompetents about their involvement in trying to bring down a govt through the Slipper conspiracy - another one that backfired spectacularly. In the meantime, Australia is proving to the world what a sound economy we have and we are getting accolades for that from all over the world. The only people who donâ??t like it are the Lieberal stooges.Terrence Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 7:35 AM