- Fighting an unjust criminal history?
- 85 cent bread will cost retailers?
- Sports drinks as bad as soft drink?
- Truck safety now set to go hi-tech
- Ray Martin on Gillard recollections
- Try hot desking from home?
- David Suchet: The Last Confession
- Labor in lockstep over fighting ISIL
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Labor in lockstep over fighting ISIL We never learn by history do we? So why do we keep having ourselves on...fighting is in bred in these people, it has been ... more
- Cleangirl on Facing the unknowns in Middle East Ask Australian Moderates what if anything we should do to stop I.S. and then ask them what we should do with those returning ... more
- Join the Q Society on Climate: are we serious enough? I am still waiting for someone to out the mongrels that caused the climate change that produced the evil fossil fuels!The ... more
- Craig on Facing the unknowns in Middle East These actions are not about bringing peace.This war will go longer than any war in history and it has not even been declared ... more
- Craig on Climate: are we serious enough? No we are not serious enough, let's price electricity out the realm of everyone from the so called"middle" class down. ... more
- Vince on New terror laws to prohibit torture Torture sounds rather humane compared to what these bastards are dishing out overseas. more
- I propose new Middle East laws on Not in the name of religion 50 years of relentless vicious abuse is enough. I will not stand idly by and allow that abuse to destroy the next generation ... more
- Robert on Not in the name of religion Not about religion? Yeah right. You keep telling yourself that Tim. Its about Islam mate, take the blinkers off. more
- Join the Q Society on Not in the name of religion Tim, this is pure IslamQuran 8:12ShakirWhen your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who ... more
- Davo on Not in the name of religion Nailed it Tim. more
- adam on Should we ban local ISIS flag sales? Justin, the extract below is from Christian News Minute (CNM) I hope it gives you pause for thought.The ISIS flag consists ... more
- The Devils Advocate on Too apathetic to make a change? Neil really wants to say the number plate is an antiemetic racial slur. He is prevented from saying that because he has ... more
- RAKESH ADUK on Too apathetic to make a change? Garry Linnell talks a lot of sense! Whenever I go overseas and see the beautiful Aussie flag, it immediately takes me back ... more
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
Evolution of newspapers & media
The boss of Fairfax Media says no director is forced to sign a charter of editorial independence. It comes amid concerns over mining magnate Gina Rinehart's push for greater control of the company.
Ms Rinehart has threatened to sell her shares in the company unless she's offered seats on the board with suitable conditions.
Fairfax CEO Greg Hywood has told Stuart Bocking editorial independence has always been a bedrock of the company.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Yes the days of Labor filtered propaganda-news are numbered!! How is it deafeningly unreported?? That eminent Professor Bob Carter is very critical against Labor's fraudulent global warming tax scam!! He is an adjunct Research Fellow at James Cook University (Queensland). He is a palaeontologist, stratigrapher, marine geologist and environmental scientist with more than 40 years professional experience, and holds degrees from the University of Otago (New Zealand) and the University of Cambridge (England). He has held tenured academic staff positions at the University of Otago (Dunedin) and James Cook University (Townsville), where he was Professor and Head of School of Earth Sciences between 1981 and 1999. Bob Carter's current research on climate change, sea-level change and stratigraphy is based on field studies of Cenozoic sediments (last 65 million years) from the Southwest Pacific region, especially the Great Barrier Reef and New Zealand, and includes the analysis of marine sediment cores collected during ODP Leg 181. Bob Carter has acted as an expert witness on climate change before the U.S. Senate Committee of Environment & Public Works, the Australian and N.Z. parliamentary Select Committees into emissions trading and in a meeting in parliament house, Stockholm. He was also a primary science witness in the U.K. High Court case of Dimmock v. H.M.'s Secretary of State for Education, the 2007 judgement from which identified nine major scientific errors in Mr Al Gore's film "An Inconvenient Truth".LARRY Tuesday 26 June, 2012 - 1:33 PM
Good on Gina, its about time somebody started pulling these newspapers into line.
If you own something you should be entitled to run it the best way you see fit, not have a bunch of has been hacks stick a document under you nose to sign away your rights just so they can carry on with their own agendas!Peter Tuesday 26 June, 2012 - 12:30 PM
Sorry its no secret that the now left wing Fairfax Media and too the ABC are blatantly Labor biased. Gina Rhinehart is merely trying to get honest, fair, balanced reporting back into the SMH etc otherwise the paper is unsustainable and unreadable to most punters. The biased, exempt ABC are different, they are currently getting a free ride, courtesy of the taxpayers. People are not stupid and are demanding both sides of the story, all of the story from the very selective media. People will make up their own mind themselves without some leftie loonie Labor hack journo pushing their own implausible crap down our throats. Otherwise say goodbye to the self imploding, currently unreliable SMH!!Corry Tuesday 26 June, 2012 - 12:16 PM