- Was John Howard our best PM?
- Light rail to service Greater West
- Is terrorism behind missing plane?
- Will Crimea be engulfed in war?
- Why is Sydney so expensive?
- Leo Sayer: why he became an Aussie
- Bees buzzing all over Sydney's CBD?
- Ok to leave baby behind on holidays?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
Evolution of newspapers & media
The boss of Fairfax Media says no director is forced to sign a charter of editorial independence. It comes amid concerns over mining magnate Gina Rinehart's push for greater control of the company.
Ms Rinehart has threatened to sell her shares in the company unless she's offered seats on the board with suitable conditions.
Fairfax CEO Greg Hywood has told Stuart Bocking editorial independence has always been a bedrock of the company.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Yes the days of Labor filtered propaganda-news are numbered!! How is it deafeningly unreported?? That eminent Professor Bob Carter is very critical against Labor's fraudulent global warming tax scam!! He is an adjunct Research Fellow at James Cook University (Queensland). He is a palaeontologist, stratigrapher, marine geologist and environmental scientist with more than 40 years professional experience, and holds degrees from the University of Otago (New Zealand) and the University of Cambridge (England). He has held tenured academic staff positions at the University of Otago (Dunedin) and James Cook University (Townsville), where he was Professor and Head of School of Earth Sciences between 1981 and 1999. Bob Carter's current research on climate change, sea-level change and stratigraphy is based on field studies of Cenozoic sediments (last 65 million years) from the Southwest Pacific region, especially the Great Barrier Reef and New Zealand, and includes the analysis of marine sediment cores collected during ODP Leg 181. Bob Carter has acted as an expert witness on climate change before the U.S. Senate Committee of Environment & Public Works, the Australian and N.Z. parliamentary Select Committees into emissions trading and in a meeting in parliament house, Stockholm. He was also a primary science witness in the U.K. High Court case of Dimmock v. H.M.'s Secretary of State for Education, the 2007 judgement from which identified nine major scientific errors in Mr Al Gore's film "An Inconvenient Truth".LARRY Tuesday 26 June, 2012 - 1:33 PM
Good on Gina, its about time somebody started pulling these newspapers into line.
If you own something you should be entitled to run it the best way you see fit, not have a bunch of has been hacks stick a document under you nose to sign away your rights just so they can carry on with their own agendas!Peter Tuesday 26 June, 2012 - 12:30 PM
Sorry its no secret that the now left wing Fairfax Media and too the ABC are blatantly Labor biased. Gina Rhinehart is merely trying to get honest, fair, balanced reporting back into the SMH etc otherwise the paper is unsustainable and unreadable to most punters. The biased, exempt ABC are different, they are currently getting a free ride, courtesy of the taxpayers. People are not stupid and are demanding both sides of the story, all of the story from the very selective media. People will make up their own mind themselves without some leftie loonie Labor hack journo pushing their own implausible crap down our throats. Otherwise say goodbye to the self imploding, currently unreliable SMH!!Corry Tuesday 26 June, 2012 - 12:16 PM