- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Xenophon to set up political party
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
Fixing Sydney's transport system
The pressure is on the O'Farrell Government to give a clear indication of how it plans to fund a $100-billion plan, to fix Sydney's transport system.
The government will announce its ambitious 20-year masterplan today - without an indication of what will be built first or how it will be funded.
Jason Morrison says current congestion is from the failure of previous government, will the new plans prove to be any different?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The NSW government admits it has only half the money needed to fund a major new Sydney transport masterplan.
Ministers will unveil their $100 billion 20-year strategy to ease the city's congested road and rail system on Tuesday, with plans including a new M5 tunnel and a second harbour rail crossing.
There will also be a switch to single-deck metro-style trains as part of the CityRail system and redesigned bus networks, including dedicated bus corridors to the northern beaches.
The government will also examine the possibility of extending the motorway network, including the M4 and M2.
Stuart Bocking speaks with Transport Minister Gladys Berejiklian about where the funding is coming from, and what projects take priority.
The latest transport blueprint for Sydney includes five major motorway improvements, a harbour rail tunnel - along with new slugs on drivers, to help pay for it all.
John Stanley says there has been criticisms of Barry O'Farrell for not acting sooner and speaks with the Premier about costings, and which plans take priority in an ever increasingly congested city.
The government's 370-page draft transport masterplan includes more than 200 actions and recommendations.
It will be followed by a final plan in November.
It remains unclear in which order the projects will be built. (AAP)
Is the long-awaited recovery in the Sydney property market on the way? George & Paul get the latest with Harley Dale from the Housing Industry as vendors and buyers prepare for the start of the selling season.
Jason Morrison reveals how cameras on the morning a mongrel decided to mount the Cenotaph were not working as they should. Is it a sign there needs to be a change of direction at town hall this election?
For starters it is the Governments fault for telling car drivers to take off slowly, this is the start of all traffic conjestion!Bikinis not burkas! Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 2:37 AM
If the idiotic white anting Labor government stopped giving away our hard earned money to no-hopers like the U.N. and all the other bludging hangers on, badly in hock Australia would then not be continually, wastefully, borrowing a $ billion dollars a week from China. We would have plenty of money for every thing and really, then only "we would be the envy of the world". Labor are lying crap!Lolita Tuesday 4 September, 2012 - 12:04 PM