- The Whisper: Waste at Tafe
- Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough
- Gough Whitlam: a giant of our time
- Time to help out Ebola regions?
- Too young for homework?
- Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam
- Accident hotspot: northern beaches
- The Whisper: burqa ban fuss
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
- Raumann Gagnon on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A great leader , a warm friend . Always honest in what he did and said . Faithful to his beliefs and ideas . He shall be ... more
- REALISTIC on Drivers not tested for cocaine use? Well that explains all of the constant madness and road rage etc going on in our streets...so what are our invisible 'police ... more
- THE WEATHER on Perfect storm strikes across Sydney Well its soaking wet and freezing cold, could it be man 'made global warming' in disguise? Without the big dry and the ... more
- Cleangirl on Apologise to a culture of complaint Apologise because someone may choose to take offence ? more
- Join the Q Society on Apologise to a culture of complaint Non offensive T Shirt should have the same wording but with the Islamic State Flag! more
- Patriot on Apologise to a culture of complaint Slick and pretentious Woolworths obviously lack charisma and they lack credibility too. Woolworths will lose even more ... more
- Tanya on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets What a lot of utter BS, When the Greens don't like something you know its OK. When has the truth become "Totally ... more
- WHAT POLICE? on Sydney violence a generation thing? Excuses, excuses! Amazingly even with record police numbers, it is a struggle to find our invisible police force i.e. huge ... more
- Troy on Hillsong, more than just a church So tired of hearing from this woman anytime Hillsong is mentioned. She hasn't been there in well over a decade. She couldn't ... more
- Mr Creepy on Are 'fun police' banning everything? We have all seen it. A poodle mounts the leg of a bigger dog. The expression on the poodles face is a little amusing, a ... more
- Voluptuous Hypothesis on Sydney to bathe in blood moon? Just in time to watch the moon die. Blood moon exsanguinated. Eclipse reached totality. Here, north of Dallas, the moon ... more
- Cleangirl on Labor Party 'Headed for the rocks' Labor has to stop the Left-wing senseless rhetoric, and start looking out for the workers, their families and get some ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane It was reported that Islamic State agents are travelling in fours with false passports, posing as refugees to enter Europe! ... more
- Craig on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane Kobane will fall as Turkey will not allow the Kurdish fighters there to receive heavy weapons to repel the invaders.They ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane I thought that islam was a peaceful religion? more
- Steve on Fire danger ignored for burn off? I live in St. Ives and witnessed the extra firetrucks racing along Mona Vale road (under lights and sirens)to assist. ... more
- Rob on Fire danger ignored for burn off? This is so typical of the NSWRFS staff. Happy to get in front of the camera on an "out of control bushfire" but have no clue ... more
- Greg on A Fair Go For Seniors Forum With $40B as the estimated cost to pay all volunteer work across Australia each year, has anyone considered the impact of ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Call for calm in Islamic debate Realistically compare "islamic extremism" to so called "christian extremism"...got the picture yet. more
Fixing Sydney's transport system
The pressure is on the O'Farrell Government to give a clear indication of how it plans to fund a $100-billion plan, to fix Sydney's transport system.
The government will announce its ambitious 20-year masterplan today - without an indication of what will be built first or how it will be funded.
Jason Morrison says current congestion is from the failure of previous government, will the new plans prove to be any different?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The NSW government admits it has only half the money needed to fund a major new Sydney transport masterplan.
Ministers will unveil their $100 billion 20-year strategy to ease the city's congested road and rail system on Tuesday, with plans including a new M5 tunnel and a second harbour rail crossing.
There will also be a switch to single-deck metro-style trains as part of the CityRail system and redesigned bus networks, including dedicated bus corridors to the northern beaches.
The government will also examine the possibility of extending the motorway network, including the M4 and M2.
Stuart Bocking speaks with Transport Minister Gladys Berejiklian about where the funding is coming from, and what projects take priority.
The latest transport blueprint for Sydney includes five major motorway improvements, a harbour rail tunnel - along with new slugs on drivers, to help pay for it all.
John Stanley says there has been criticisms of Barry O'Farrell for not acting sooner and speaks with the Premier about costings, and which plans take priority in an ever increasingly congested city.
The government's 370-page draft transport masterplan includes more than 200 actions and recommendations.
It will be followed by a final plan in November.
It remains unclear in which order the projects will be built. (AAP)
Is the long-awaited recovery in the Sydney property market on the way? George & Paul get the latest with Harley Dale from the Housing Industry as vendors and buyers prepare for the start of the selling season.
Jason Morrison reveals how cameras on the morning a mongrel decided to mount the Cenotaph were not working as they should. Is it a sign there needs to be a change of direction at town hall this election?
For starters it is the Governments fault for telling car drivers to take off slowly, this is the start of all traffic conjestion!Bikinis not burkas! Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 2:37 AM
If the idiotic white anting Labor government stopped giving away our hard earned money to no-hopers like the U.N. and all the other bludging hangers on, badly in hock Australia would then not be continually, wastefully, borrowing a $ billion dollars a week from China. We would have plenty of money for every thing and really, then only "we would be the envy of the world". Labor are lying crap!Lolita Tuesday 4 September, 2012 - 12:04 PM