- Not in the name of religion
- Claims of retaliation in Sydney traffic
- Do we need seats for indigenous MPs
- Revealed: Operation Pendennis
- Overcoming fear in our suburbs
- Sydney's Favourite Teacher 2014
- Council sister city costs questioned
- 12 secrets to a happy marriage
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- adam on Should we ban local ISIS flag sales? Justin, the extract below is from Christian News Minute (CNM) I hope it gives you pause for thought.The ISIS flag consists ... more
- The Devils Advocate on Too apathetic to make a change? Neil really wants to say the number plate is an antiemetic racial slur. He is prevented from saying that because he has ... more
- RAKESH ADUK on Too apathetic to make a change? Garry Linnell talks a lot of sense! Whenever I go overseas and see the beautiful Aussie flag, it immediately takes me back ... more
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
- The scourge of Terrorism on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Terrorism is always terrorism. It is never acceptable to commit an act of terrorism. It is never acceptable for ANY party to ... more
- Jonathon L Benson LLB on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque I blame this wishy washy government of nsw. They have the power to outlaw this barbaric flag but are scared of their shadows. more
- Craig on US expanding role in Middle East To get to the crux of this matter, it was US support for the so called rebels in Syria that has led to the creation of this ... more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - absolutely correct. Our out of touch governments should legislate to declare the ownership, carriage, sale, flying ... more
- Cleangirl on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction As welcome as a KKK flag. more
Fixing Sydney's transport system
The pressure is on the O'Farrell Government to give a clear indication of how it plans to fund a $100-billion plan, to fix Sydney's transport system.
The government will announce its ambitious 20-year masterplan today - without an indication of what will be built first or how it will be funded.
Jason Morrison says current congestion is from the failure of previous government, will the new plans prove to be any different?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The NSW government admits it has only half the money needed to fund a major new Sydney transport masterplan.
Ministers will unveil their $100 billion 20-year strategy to ease the city's congested road and rail system on Tuesday, with plans including a new M5 tunnel and a second harbour rail crossing.
There will also be a switch to single-deck metro-style trains as part of the CityRail system and redesigned bus networks, including dedicated bus corridors to the northern beaches.
The government will also examine the possibility of extending the motorway network, including the M4 and M2.
Stuart Bocking speaks with Transport Minister Gladys Berejiklian about where the funding is coming from, and what projects take priority.
The latest transport blueprint for Sydney includes five major motorway improvements, a harbour rail tunnel - along with new slugs on drivers, to help pay for it all.
John Stanley says there has been criticisms of Barry O'Farrell for not acting sooner and speaks with the Premier about costings, and which plans take priority in an ever increasingly congested city.
The government's 370-page draft transport masterplan includes more than 200 actions and recommendations.
It will be followed by a final plan in November.
It remains unclear in which order the projects will be built. (AAP)
Is the long-awaited recovery in the Sydney property market on the way? George & Paul get the latest with Harley Dale from the Housing Industry as vendors and buyers prepare for the start of the selling season.
Jason Morrison reveals how cameras on the morning a mongrel decided to mount the Cenotaph were not working as they should. Is it a sign there needs to be a change of direction at town hall this election?
For starters it is the Governments fault for telling car drivers to take off slowly, this is the start of all traffic conjestion!Bikinis not burkas! Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 2:37 AM
If the idiotic white anting Labor government stopped giving away our hard earned money to no-hopers like the U.N. and all the other bludging hangers on, badly in hock Australia would then not be continually, wastefully, borrowing a $ billion dollars a week from China. We would have plenty of money for every thing and really, then only "we would be the envy of the world". Labor are lying crap!Lolita Tuesday 4 September, 2012 - 12:04 PM