- Alcohol abuse: the wake-up call
- Greens Senator denies asylum stirring
- Ray 'Rabbits' Warren: The Voice
- Clive Palmer calls for fresh elections
- John & Garry on 2UE Breakfast
- Move Sydney buses to center-lanes?
- A Fair Go for Seniors - Forum
- Controlling how dole money is spent
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gary on No place to top up Opal cards? I've had a Opal card for months, fantastic, best thing ever for public transport. I ordered it online, it arrived in the ... more
- James on Veggie garden for Pyrmont Bridge? Typical. Despite the inordinate number of junkets to places like Japan where they have rules to manage crowds which everyone ... more
- NOT SURPRISED... on Moree shooting: tension in the bush In my dealings with some very arrogant government departments, they can be quite rude and show little tact, often they make ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Warning on home grown terror But hang on a minute islam is such a bloody "peaceful religion" so what is Attorney-General George Brandis so damned ... more
- Greg O on Sydney facing homeless challenge New public housing estates look very impressive but there is never enough of them. It seems to be a case of we either give ... more
- James W on Parliament House $800 doorknob? Yeah, they must be punished for leaving us with a 3 X AAA rated economy and continuing on the 20 odd years of unbroken ... more
- Angela Coombes on Parliament House $800 doorknob? What about the framed portraits of Gillard and Rudd within the National Parliament - I would prefer just blank frames ... more
- Samuel J James on Work for Dole rules far too strict? @Sloppy Joe Hokey - you are 1000% correct. Simply put, it is government of the money, by the money for the money indeed! Of ... more
- Samuel J on PMs frustration over access to MH17 The ex KGB thug, presently the so called President of Russia has been as helpful regarding the recovery of the bodies of the ... more
- Terrence on Work for the dole doesn't work They ought to get Abbott do 40 applications and see what it is like. This guy has no clue how to run the government and ... more
- Terrence on PM discusses the issues on 2UE Abbott is trying his best to milk this so his unpopular budget and his lies and deceit do not stay in the headlines. It does ... more
- ahmed on No place to top up Opal cards? Typical third world Sydney transport solution.Why didnt they think of the opal card years ago and iron out problems before ... more
- alfredo on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Clover Moore and Alex Greenwich are the type of pollies this country really needs!! more
- paulo on Sydney facing homeless challenge Housing should be a human right.The government should make rules that require building companies to build cheap housing ... more
- Cleangirl on Sydney Art: what do you think? Much too much money, and I thought Art was something to appreciate, something not just anyone can do and something clever. more
- Gary on Work for Dole rules far too strict? As for FTA's, the fact is Australia is a net exporter to the countries that we have an FTA with. So we sell more than we ... more
- Gary on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Pick on the rich tax dodgers.Unfortunately the facts don't support your claim, the truth is the top 20% of tax payers are ... more
- Robyn on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD Could be a shapely woman more
- Norman Hanscombe on McClymont: He who must be Obeid As someone who began working on ALP Polling Booths over 70 years ago, it's sad that we need journalists like Kate McClymont ... more
- Ben on No place to top up Opal cards? How can a train station NOT sell an Opal ticket? Who planned that????Also, these tickets need to be anonymous like any train ... more
Fixing Sydney's transport system
The pressure is on the O'Farrell Government to give a clear indication of how it plans to fund a $100-billion plan, to fix Sydney's transport system.
The government will announce its ambitious 20-year masterplan today - without an indication of what will be built first or how it will be funded.
Jason Morrison says current congestion is from the failure of previous government, will the new plans prove to be any different?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The NSW government admits it has only half the money needed to fund a major new Sydney transport masterplan.
Ministers will unveil their $100 billion 20-year strategy to ease the city's congested road and rail system on Tuesday, with plans including a new M5 tunnel and a second harbour rail crossing.
There will also be a switch to single-deck metro-style trains as part of the CityRail system and redesigned bus networks, including dedicated bus corridors to the northern beaches.
The government will also examine the possibility of extending the motorway network, including the M4 and M2.
Stuart Bocking speaks with Transport Minister Gladys Berejiklian about where the funding is coming from, and what projects take priority.
The latest transport blueprint for Sydney includes five major motorway improvements, a harbour rail tunnel - along with new slugs on drivers, to help pay for it all.
John Stanley says there has been criticisms of Barry O'Farrell for not acting sooner and speaks with the Premier about costings, and which plans take priority in an ever increasingly congested city.
The government's 370-page draft transport masterplan includes more than 200 actions and recommendations.
It will be followed by a final plan in November.
It remains unclear in which order the projects will be built. (AAP)
Is the long-awaited recovery in the Sydney property market on the way? George & Paul get the latest with Harley Dale from the Housing Industry as vendors and buyers prepare for the start of the selling season.
Jason Morrison reveals how cameras on the morning a mongrel decided to mount the Cenotaph were not working as they should. Is it a sign there needs to be a change of direction at town hall this election?
For starters it is the Governments fault for telling car drivers to take off slowly, this is the start of all traffic conjestion!Bikinis not burkas! Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 2:37 AM
If the idiotic white anting Labor government stopped giving away our hard earned money to no-hopers like the U.N. and all the other bludging hangers on, badly in hock Australia would then not be continually, wastefully, borrowing a $ billion dollars a week from China. We would have plenty of money for every thing and really, then only "we would be the envy of the world". Labor are lying crap!Lolita Tuesday 4 September, 2012 - 12:04 PM