- Sydney facing homeless challenge
- NRL Monopoly: twitter goes viral
- Australia's record games gold haul
- Loo with a view a step too far?
- Sydney Art: what do you think?
- McClymont: He who must be Obeid
- Terror links to Aussies in Syria
- The Whisper: personality politicians
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Australia's record games gold haul This is the best news story and 'reality' TV in the last two weeks, will be sorry when it's all over, so proud of our ... more
- Tony on Terror links to Aussies in Syria Does anybody really think that these lowlife scum of the earth will ever see the inside of an Australian prision? What the ... more
- Loudon Cleary on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Artless, ugly, a mindless scribble that must have taken all of 30 seconds to conceive and draw. Jorn Utzen, where are you? more
- Join the Q Society on No place to top up Opal cards? I can't even find out how much want to charge me to buy one to get the honour of paying for a ride! more
- Jan McTiernan on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD It looks like it could be a lightening conductor.I hope no one dies from it.Cannot see it being a big tourist attraction. more
- Cleangirl on What to call the new CBD sculpture? The Wilted Clover. more
- Cleangirl on Work for Dole rules far too strict? You can`t have these guys doing nothing. Send the long termers off to pick fruit for 6 week stints, others to take up those ... more
- fabio on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Cheap CRUSADE against unemployed!Pick on the rich tax dodgers more
- Samuel J on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Well, I don't think it is a caricature of the shape of Clover Moore - it is more of a bastardised shape of body of Marilyn ... more
- carole on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD What a complete waste of our money. God save us from idiots.. more
- Laura on No place to top up Opal cards? Why hasn't the Govt. organised a solution regarding the purchase of OPAL tickets? this is a nightmare for all commuters ... more
- Mike on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD LooksÂ like Clover Moores brain and just as empty more
- James W on Work for the dole doesn't work Abetz tells Brisbane that a face to face meeting with an enployer is the proper way to apply for a job. 40 meetings a month ... more
- Paul Barnham on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD What a waste of money. I think it has a touch of the "Emperors new clothes" more
- Sean on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD Giant Tapeworm!Inject it into all the clowns at the council who decided to block up the streets with this ridiculous, ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Work for the dole doesn't work From what I can see, so called "volunteers" aka "work for the dole" in charities like Vinnies, Salvos, Smith Family etc is ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Evidently all of these so called "free trade agreements" have decimated our job market. The days are long gone where you ... more
- Tony on Work for the dole doesn't work Of course work for the dole will not work for those who don't want to work! more
- Jester4212 on No place to top up Opal cards? Even with our horrible 'Myki' travel solution in Melbourne we can still top up at all train stations.Forget about these auto ... more
- Greg O on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? This is the type of poll result that you get when far too many people think the qualities of a good Prime Minister are ... more
Food security our next big issue?
The next issue to face the globe is food security. A war for resources is facing us into the future according to Professor Chris Barrett who talks with the Two Murrays about the demand needed for a growing population.
Dick Smith is warning about the danger of our food security with the prospect of supply coming from China. He tells Jason Morrison why we are manipulated by the big supermarkets, and bad labeling.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The issue of food security is something we didnt have to face at all. We have plenty of land, enough to grow food for ourselves and then some. The situation is similar to that of electricity and coal. We are paying through the teeth for something we have plenty of.
This is Labours doing as they do whatever they can to serve the tyrranical front group known as the United Nations. It is treason plain and simple and the mainstream news-media are apart of it. They never call it for what it is; TREASON. Therefore the media is working hand-in-hand with government and that, people, is TYRRANY!Robert Tuesday 15 May, 2012 - 7:16 AM
Oh don't you tell me, Julia Gillard is going to get "experts" Tim Flannery & Ross Garneut straight onto the case. To rustle up a hunger tax to save us all from dying. But don't worry your hungry guts out, compensation is a coming.Go The Eels Monday 14 May, 2012 - 9:41 PM
@ jag the answer to your question is simple I have been telling people for decades but the truth is stranger than fiction!
The Government hates us!Keep children safe keep them off the roads! Monday 14 May, 2012 - 7:51 PM
@jag. Hasnt occured to you that the current Australian government is the enemy of its own people?Robert Monday 14 May, 2012 - 4:40 PM
Food security our next big issue? Definitely not in abundant Australia. Sounds like another U.N. bad, green "hysterical" excuse to jack up Australian food prices, just like petrol, electricity, water etc and every thing else that we have plenty of.Tim Monday 14 May, 2012 - 3:24 PM
why is the federal goverment allowing australia both sides allowing the rest of the world to buy our land.Then growcrops for their citizens in australia ship on their own ships and pay nothing to australia but destroy the land.china is buying up millions of acres and if we australians want tobuy land in CHINA 2 CHANCES NONE AND BUCKLIES .What is wrong with the attitude of the federal parliament to doing laws that is for the betterment of australians and not destroyong our society and country.jag Monday 14 May, 2012 - 2:31 PM