- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- Anzac Day: just a public holiday?
- Set to be slugged for your gas?
- The man behind the voice of Dr Hook
- Anzac Day: will it always be sacred?
- Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets?
- Angela Catterns with Tina Arena
- Foy Vance talks on Joy of Nothing
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Kimber on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? My visits to my doctor have never been "free", we live in a regional area and have never had bulk billing and we still pay ... more
- Kimber on When to let a loved one go? Agreed, a very difficult topic, but definitely a case by case basis. Having been in this situation with an elderly loved one ... more
- Coasty on Anger at Anzac Day breast competition I'll put it out there that ANZAC's could make a competition out of anything. If you don't want to rate your own breasts ... more
- Tangled Web on 20 police officers charged this year Ever since the standards were drastically lowered for entry into the police force and the training weakened, the undesirable ... more
- Fred on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bull Shorten is a little thick, he is still banging on about dodgy global warming/climate change and his absurd tax, when ... more
- Samuel J on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor I trust, hope and pray the now utterly defunct, useless, incompetent labor party will remain in Opposition for the next 20 ... more
- Craig on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? As for Hockeys nasty GP co-payment, I heard him on radio recently and when asked if he paid his doctor extra money now? ... more
- Greg O on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Since when was our "free" medical system free? Someone else has always had to pay for it. Even back in day one when the ... more
- Jane M. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Has anyone yet asked silly big Joe Hockey, what is the doctor supposed to do, when those sick people in distress with a bad ... more
- Tangled Web on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor According to the old Bill Shorten; â??I have full confidence in Craig Thomsonâ??. Bill Shorten (Aug 2011): Craig Thomson ... more
- Eric (From the West) on When is the flu just a cold? Re: Stuart Bockings comments about a second airport affecting property values. The reality is that we don't know what will ... more
- Tangled Web on Shorten calls for Labor Party reforms Evidently that insincere, plastic Bill Shorten is not all that bright and he is not lonely either. If Labor have nothing ... more
- Tangled Web on When is the flu just a cold? Thanks, that was somewhat informative. We all had a very bad, highly contagious flu like virus in late January and it ... more
- Anonymous on Father's fight to see his daughter Poor Andrew is correct. Way back in 1987 I divorced my very cruel, hate filled wife. Subsequently for the next 20+ years, ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: reflecting recent battles Amazingly, there are some elements around who still call themselves Australians. They are so ungrateful to our brave ... more
- Tangled Web on William & Kate head to Uluru I am trying my very best, but I just can't get excited about all of this media attention on the royal ... more
- Tangled Web on Baird reshuffle - winners and losers? Lets just hope, that the replacement premier is not just another expensive Grange wine drinker with a bad memory too? And ... more
- Tangled Web on Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks? @Keith A Tudor is obviously correct, how much longer will we accommodate all of this destructive drunkenness? Lets just see ... more
Food security our next big issue?
The next issue to face the globe is food security. A war for resources is facing us into the future according to Professor Chris Barrett who talks with the Two Murrays about the demand needed for a growing population.
Dick Smith is warning about the danger of our food security with the prospect of supply coming from China. He tells Jason Morrison why we are manipulated by the big supermarkets, and bad labeling.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The issue of food security is something we didnt have to face at all. We have plenty of land, enough to grow food for ourselves and then some. The situation is similar to that of electricity and coal. We are paying through the teeth for something we have plenty of.
This is Labours doing as they do whatever they can to serve the tyrranical front group known as the United Nations. It is treason plain and simple and the mainstream news-media are apart of it. They never call it for what it is; TREASON. Therefore the media is working hand-in-hand with government and that, people, is TYRRANY!Robert Tuesday 15 May, 2012 - 7:16 AM
Oh don't you tell me, Julia Gillard is going to get "experts" Tim Flannery & Ross Garneut straight onto the case. To rustle up a hunger tax to save us all from dying. But don't worry your hungry guts out, compensation is a coming.Go The Eels Monday 14 May, 2012 - 9:41 PM
@ jag the answer to your question is simple I have been telling people for decades but the truth is stranger than fiction!
The Government hates us!Keep children safe keep them off the roads! Monday 14 May, 2012 - 7:51 PM
@jag. Hasnt occured to you that the current Australian government is the enemy of its own people?Robert Monday 14 May, 2012 - 4:40 PM
Food security our next big issue? Definitely not in abundant Australia. Sounds like another U.N. bad, green "hysterical" excuse to jack up Australian food prices, just like petrol, electricity, water etc and every thing else that we have plenty of.Tim Monday 14 May, 2012 - 3:24 PM
why is the federal goverment allowing australia both sides allowing the rest of the world to buy our land.Then growcrops for their citizens in australia ship on their own ships and pay nothing to australia but destroy the land.china is buying up millions of acres and if we australians want tobuy land in CHINA 2 CHANCES NONE AND BUCKLIES .What is wrong with the attitude of the federal parliament to doing laws that is for the betterment of australians and not destroyong our society and country.jag Monday 14 May, 2012 - 2:31 PM