- Drivers not tested for cocaine use?
- Want to sing at the Opera House?
- Close encounters on planet Mars
- Who deserved their shonky award
- Clubs to expand into childcare?
- Not enough jobs for uni grads?
- Who's been snooping in your bin?
- Demerits for illegal disabled parkers
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- THE WEATHER on Perfect storm strikes across Sydney Well its soaking wet and freezing cold, could it be man 'made global warming' in disguise? Without the big dry and the ... more
- Cleangirl on Apologise to a culture of complaint Apologise because someone may choose to take offence ? more
- Join the Q Society on Apologise to a culture of complaint Non offensive T Shirt should have the same wording but with the Islamic State Flag! more
- Patriot on Apologise to a culture of complaint Slick and pretentious Woolworths obviously lack charisma and they lack credibility too. Woolworths will lose even more ... more
- Tanya on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets What a lot of utter BS, When the Greens don't like something you know its OK. When has the truth become "Totally ... more
- WHAT POLICE? on Sydney violence a generation thing? Excuses, excuses! Amazingly even with record police numbers, it is a struggle to find our invisible police force i.e. huge ... more
- Troy on Hillsong, more than just a church So tired of hearing from this woman anytime Hillsong is mentioned. She hasn't been there in well over a decade. She couldn't ... more
- Mr Creepy on Are 'fun police' banning everything? We have all seen it. A poodle mounts the leg of a bigger dog. The expression on the poodles face is a little amusing, a ... more
- Voluptuous Hypothesis on Sydney to bathe in blood moon? Just in time to watch the moon die. Blood moon exsanguinated. Eclipse reached totality. Here, north of Dallas, the moon ... more
- Cleangirl on Labor Party 'Headed for the rocks' Labor has to stop the Left-wing senseless rhetoric, and start looking out for the workers, their families and get some ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane It was reported that Islamic State agents are travelling in fours with false passports, posing as refugees to enter Europe! ... more
- Craig on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane Kobane will fall as Turkey will not allow the Kurdish fighters there to receive heavy weapons to repel the invaders.They ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane I thought that islam was a peaceful religion? more
- Steve on Fire danger ignored for burn off? I live in St. Ives and witnessed the extra firetrucks racing along Mona Vale road (under lights and sirens)to assist. ... more
- Rob on Fire danger ignored for burn off? This is so typical of the NSWRFS staff. Happy to get in front of the camera on an "out of control bushfire" but have no clue ... more
- Greg on A Fair Go For Seniors Forum With $40B as the estimated cost to pay all volunteer work across Australia each year, has anyone considered the impact of ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Call for calm in Islamic debate Realistically compare "islamic extremism" to so called "christian extremism"...got the picture yet. more
- Cate B. on Banning the burqa an overreaction? Come out to busy Merrylands Stockland Mall and see if you still want the burqa? more
- Annette 72 years of age on Banning the burqa an overreaction? i dont see what the Muslim community dosent understand we just want to see their faces .thats it . it terrifies me to walk ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Banning the burqa an overreaction? What about the BURQA-CLAD mother of seven who claimed she was the victim of mistaken identity, jailed for six months for ... more
Foreign aid cut for asylum housing
The Gillard Government is accused of breaking its trust with Australian people and the needy, by taking millions-of-dollars from the aid budget. $375m in foreign aid will be diverted to house asylum seekers.
Deputy Opposition Leader Julie Bishop says it's another example of the Government's economic incompetence.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Labor MPs have slammed the Gillard Government's decision to cut $375-million from the foreign aid budget.
The money will instead be redirected to help pay for food and housing for asylum seekers in Australia.
The move is also designed to help the Government achieve its budget surplus by next year.
Luke Bona reveals Labor backbencher Melissa Parke has told Fairfax Media she's angry at the party's stance on this issue.
Retailers expect shoppers to spend almost $12-billion within Australia this week in the run-up to Christmas, nearly twice as much as last week. Stuart Bocking reveals more than half will be going on credit.
A Facebook page has been set up by an Adelaide mother to organize a toy gun buy-back scheme. Is it an overreaction? Stuart Bocking looks at boys being boys, and if we can stop children playing with toy guns.
@HUGH - thank you for your thoughtful comments posted here.I too trust, hope and pray that when this thoroughly inept, proven incompetent, rotten labor party/greens party/turncoat minority socialist rorting government is booted that there will be a Royal Commission into it and the damned Unions that support it. I trust severe outcomes and indeed gaol sentences will be the order of the days of the future. I Rest my case, please God.Samuel Kyrikos Thursday 20 December, 2012 - 9:53 PM
So people complain when they give aid to overseas countries yet when the govt cuts it, they still complain, can't please everyone i guess,or maybe they're just whingers HELLO WHYALLA, still with us I see.lolDouglas Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 4:31 PM
@sonja silic; yes it is sadly true and very well said. It beggars belief that the lying deceiving mongrel Labor government are blatantly getting away with it and ignoring all the disgusting facts you have rightly noted here. There obviously must be a Royal Commission into this traitorous Labor government who are evidently sabotaging our nation at every given chance, 24/7. Very concerned Australians are demanding proper answers from this deceitful Labor government, obviously only through an essential broad referenced Royal Commission.HUGH Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 2:51 PM
WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for The
Gillard Government is accused of breaking its trust with Australian people
and the needychiropractor queens ny Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 11:15 AM
There is no way this utterly incompetent Gillard minority socialist 'government' can achieve a budget surplus within the next year! They are more than $147 billion dollars in debt - all borrowed money which has been wasted away like confetti. What a disgraceful band of deceitful, obstinate fools they really areJonathon L Benson Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 6:29 AM
375 millions have been cut from foreign aid ! Money that could have helped sick & starving children in camps ! Some are already assessed refugees just waiting for a country to take them in!
This Labor Government will spend this money on "Cashed Up , Illegal Criminala " who fly across numerous countries , only to then distroy all identities , pay thousands of dollars to then arrive here & get Australia on a " Silver Platter " !!!! These people don't even fit the UN definition of what is a genuine refugee !!
Never mind that we have our own homeless and a long public housing waiting list !!!
To think that there are people still out there supporting this government !!sonja silic Tuesday 18 December, 2012 - 5:09 PM