- Mike Baird now 44th NSW Premier
- Gary O'Callaghan on Talk Back Radio
- If those were my kids, I'd...
- Barry O'Farrell takes to Twitter
- Have you met the royal couple?
- Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks?
- Looking back on O’Farrell the man
- Mike Baird set to become Premier
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alan J on Mike Baird set to become Premier Barry appeared spooked? Why did he panic? more
- Tangled Web on No alternative but for Barry to resign? @Shaun...Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever ... more
- Harry on Would you like us to be a republic? @adriano you sound a little confused, don't let the facts get in your way. The IMF have directed bankrupt England to print ... more
- Tangled Web on Mike Baird set to become Premier Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever receiving ... more
- adriano on Would you like us to be a republic? Harry is the most popular uk name mohammed is only number 19.Also steve you are wrong about the UK economy.It will rise by ... more
- David on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Barry did the right thing to resign, but given the timing of the events surrounding the bottle delivery, anyone could have ... more
- davo on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Of course they like australia .WE HAVE FOOTED THE BILL for their trip! more
- Samuel J on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I believe O'Farrell had a genuine memory lapse! And his ambushing by Watson SC of ICAC has not proven corruption either on ... more
- Shaun on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Premier O'Farrel deserves a second chance. Why don't we bring him back? more
- Robert on Have you lost faith in politicians? Lost faith?! Are you joking?!I stopped voting years ago. I hand in informal votes.Once you find out about the new world ... more
- Robert on Would you like us to be a republic? A Republic yes but DONT change the flag. more
- Tangled Web on Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed? Apparently our movers & shakers want a cashless society? What happens when the whole system crashes? It would be chaotic ... more
- Cleangirl on Would you like us to be a republic? Can ANYONE name a Republic or republic model better than what we have ? Do we choose from any of the African models ? or ... more
- Angela Coombes on Have you lost faith in politicians? Well this Robertson joker has not got the credentials to give advice - given the record of his utterly failed, absolutely ... more
- Julie on Pension age to be lifted to 70? The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Julie on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Angela Coombes on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation @Jaydee you are 1000% correct. However, I believe in the case of O'Farrell he would have received gifts on his appointment ... more
- Athol on No alternative but for Barry to resign? I can see little old wine drinker Barry, being gifted a very lucrative cushy job aboard Tony Abbott's hasty new airport ... more
- Konrad H. on Have you lost faith in politicians? Iffy Barry O'Farrell is apparently no good, however iffy John Robertson is arguably even worse. Hypocrite Robertson is ... more
- Sam on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Affection for Australia? How nice! But I hope they don't have that very same affection that they were supposed to have for ... more
Foreign aid cut for asylum housing
The Gillard Government is accused of breaking its trust with Australian people and the needy, by taking millions-of-dollars from the aid budget. $375m in foreign aid will be diverted to house asylum seekers.
Deputy Opposition Leader Julie Bishop says it's another example of the Government's economic incompetence.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Labor MPs have slammed the Gillard Government's decision to cut $375-million from the foreign aid budget.
The money will instead be redirected to help pay for food and housing for asylum seekers in Australia.
The move is also designed to help the Government achieve its budget surplus by next year.
Luke Bona reveals Labor backbencher Melissa Parke has told Fairfax Media she's angry at the party's stance on this issue.
Retailers expect shoppers to spend almost $12-billion within Australia this week in the run-up to Christmas, nearly twice as much as last week. Stuart Bocking reveals more than half will be going on credit.
A Facebook page has been set up by an Adelaide mother to organize a toy gun buy-back scheme. Is it an overreaction? Stuart Bocking looks at boys being boys, and if we can stop children playing with toy guns.
@HUGH - thank you for your thoughtful comments posted here.I too trust, hope and pray that when this thoroughly inept, proven incompetent, rotten labor party/greens party/turncoat minority socialist rorting government is booted that there will be a Royal Commission into it and the damned Unions that support it. I trust severe outcomes and indeed gaol sentences will be the order of the days of the future. I Rest my case, please God.Samuel Kyrikos Thursday 20 December, 2012 - 9:53 PM
So people complain when they give aid to overseas countries yet when the govt cuts it, they still complain, can't please everyone i guess,or maybe they're just whingers HELLO WHYALLA, still with us I see.lolDouglas Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 4:31 PM
@sonja silic; yes it is sadly true and very well said. It beggars belief that the lying deceiving mongrel Labor government are blatantly getting away with it and ignoring all the disgusting facts you have rightly noted here. There obviously must be a Royal Commission into this traitorous Labor government who are evidently sabotaging our nation at every given chance, 24/7. Very concerned Australians are demanding proper answers from this deceitful Labor government, obviously only through an essential broad referenced Royal Commission.HUGH Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 2:51 PM
WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for The
Gillard Government is accused of breaking its trust with Australian people
and the needychiropractor queens ny Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 11:15 AM
There is no way this utterly incompetent Gillard minority socialist 'government' can achieve a budget surplus within the next year! They are more than $147 billion dollars in debt - all borrowed money which has been wasted away like confetti. What a disgraceful band of deceitful, obstinate fools they really areJonathon L Benson Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 6:29 AM
375 millions have been cut from foreign aid ! Money that could have helped sick & starving children in camps ! Some are already assessed refugees just waiting for a country to take them in!
This Labor Government will spend this money on "Cashed Up , Illegal Criminala " who fly across numerous countries , only to then distroy all identities , pay thousands of dollars to then arrive here & get Australia on a " Silver Platter " !!!! These people don't even fit the UN definition of what is a genuine refugee !!
Never mind that we have our own homeless and a long public housing waiting list !!!
To think that there are people still out there supporting this government !!sonja silic Tuesday 18 December, 2012 - 5:09 PM