- Earth missed catastrophe by a week
- Asylum seekers heading to mainland
- Women still face work discrimination
- Do we all have psychic connections?
- Home lost to real estate fraudsters
- A week of horror over flight MH17
- Time for serious debate on euthanasia
- Bus crash kills one injures dozens
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? @Craig you purposely omitted Russian armed and Russian trained killers did this...what is your agenda here? more
- Gary on Abbott copping Senate body blows If the PPL for everyone is such a bad thing, waste of effort and doesn't achieve anything in regards to workplace ... more
- Samuel J James on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said indeed. And Vladimar Putin, the KGB thug and temporary President of Russia has given as much help to the ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: Putin behind the attack? It can be assumed that Putin, the KGB thug is imitating one of his equal coward and former President of the Soviet Union, ... more
- Samuel J on A week of horror over flight MH17 Putin, the KGB thug is convicted in absentia - Please God. more
- stevo on Time for serious debate on euthanasia Legalise Euthanasia for those with 6 months to live if doctors and family want.My dad asked to be given and injection as he ... more
- Cleangirl on Bus crash kills one injures dozens Get bicycles OUT of bus lanes for a start. more
- Jonathon L Benson on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The sickening pictures of the filthy train leaving Ukraine with the bodies of many of these multi-national souls on board, ... more
- Samuel J on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill The do-gooders will probably get their way with this and it will be sadly regected. We have no leadership here in nsw so let ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said. The victims even after death did not receive any dignity at all from the Russian and Ukraine ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why do we need childcare subsidies @Greg O - you are absolutely correct. It is this 'gimmie, gimmie' nonsense and nanny State mentality that is thoroughly ... more
- Kimber on MH17: the long journey home A heartfelt thank you to the Netherlands in appreciation for finally giving some dignity to the victims of flight MH17. more
- Craig on MH17: Putin behind the attack? If America has proof why have they not shown it? The Ukraine air traffic control tapes have been confiscated by the State ... more
- Greta on New Times for Weekend Shows Fantastic to hear Tim coming on earlier - love his show, has interesting segments, would love to hear more of the gardening ... more
- Craig on MH17: Putin behind the attack? @Shot down, You would also believe pigs fly.There is a lot more to this, have you seen Russia's reply yesterday? Radar of ... more
- Angela Coombes on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? I don't feel sorry for her at all. Apart from her big mouth which shoots off without thinking first this galloot is ... more
- Keith A Tudor on MH17: Putin behind the attack? I firmly believe the utterly expensive anti-aircraft missile fired at Malaysian Airlines Passenger Jet MH17 and which ... more
- Samuel J on Sydney suffering too many councils @Angry Ratepayer - I agree. Councils' charter needs to be redrawn and be in simple terms to cut out this continuous ... more
- G. Parker on Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person' This woman is a disgrace... she isn't talking to the ladies at the local RSL club, but AUSTRALIA! How can someone with this ... more
- Sheila Freeman on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Now where is Tania and the rest of the Labour party who are always ready to criticise the Libs - totally inappropriate ... more
Foreign aid cut for asylum housing
The Gillard Government is accused of breaking its trust with Australian people and the needy, by taking millions-of-dollars from the aid budget. $375m in foreign aid will be diverted to house asylum seekers.
Deputy Opposition Leader Julie Bishop says it's another example of the Government's economic incompetence.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Labor MPs have slammed the Gillard Government's decision to cut $375-million from the foreign aid budget.
The money will instead be redirected to help pay for food and housing for asylum seekers in Australia.
The move is also designed to help the Government achieve its budget surplus by next year.
Luke Bona reveals Labor backbencher Melissa Parke has told Fairfax Media she's angry at the party's stance on this issue.
Retailers expect shoppers to spend almost $12-billion within Australia this week in the run-up to Christmas, nearly twice as much as last week. Stuart Bocking reveals more than half will be going on credit.
A Facebook page has been set up by an Adelaide mother to organize a toy gun buy-back scheme. Is it an overreaction? Stuart Bocking looks at boys being boys, and if we can stop children playing with toy guns.
@HUGH - thank you for your thoughtful comments posted here.I too trust, hope and pray that when this thoroughly inept, proven incompetent, rotten labor party/greens party/turncoat minority socialist rorting government is booted that there will be a Royal Commission into it and the damned Unions that support it. I trust severe outcomes and indeed gaol sentences will be the order of the days of the future. I Rest my case, please God.Samuel Kyrikos Thursday 20 December, 2012 - 9:53 PM
So people complain when they give aid to overseas countries yet when the govt cuts it, they still complain, can't please everyone i guess,or maybe they're just whingers HELLO WHYALLA, still with us I see.lolDouglas Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 4:31 PM
@sonja silic; yes it is sadly true and very well said. It beggars belief that the lying deceiving mongrel Labor government are blatantly getting away with it and ignoring all the disgusting facts you have rightly noted here. There obviously must be a Royal Commission into this traitorous Labor government who are evidently sabotaging our nation at every given chance, 24/7. Very concerned Australians are demanding proper answers from this deceitful Labor government, obviously only through an essential broad referenced Royal Commission.HUGH Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 2:51 PM
WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for The
Gillard Government is accused of breaking its trust with Australian people
and the needychiropractor queens ny Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 11:15 AM
There is no way this utterly incompetent Gillard minority socialist 'government' can achieve a budget surplus within the next year! They are more than $147 billion dollars in debt - all borrowed money which has been wasted away like confetti. What a disgraceful band of deceitful, obstinate fools they really areJonathon L Benson Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 6:29 AM
375 millions have been cut from foreign aid ! Money that could have helped sick & starving children in camps ! Some are already assessed refugees just waiting for a country to take them in!
This Labor Government will spend this money on "Cashed Up , Illegal Criminala " who fly across numerous countries , only to then distroy all identities , pay thousands of dollars to then arrive here & get Australia on a " Silver Platter " !!!! These people don't even fit the UN definition of what is a genuine refugee !!
Never mind that we have our own homeless and a long public housing waiting list !!!
To think that there are people still out there supporting this government !!sonja silic Tuesday 18 December, 2012 - 5:09 PM