- Qantas: should Alan Joyce resign?
- Our planet: are things getting better?
- Volunteers deserve our thanks!
- What do you love about Sydney?
- Weird things found in rental places?
- Facebook will be dead in 5 years?
- Secret recordings: are they legal?
- BOF: corruption threat to re-election?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ahmed on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? Most bikie gangs are made up of anglo saxons, yet we dont say European Bikie gangs.Not sure if this geographical ... more
- ahmed on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? No doubt there is a link.However dont use that as an excuse to demonize lebanese Aussies like some people do ... more
- Jester4212 on Lingerie football: is it sexist? Saying that it's sexist is like saying that bikinis are sexist. What a load of rubbish!Think of it as a group of women ... more
- Stephen Jago on Lingerie football: is it sexist? No it is not sexist. They do play hard and my 16 year old son loves watching it lol. :-) more
- Keith A Tudor on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? I trust Mr Abbott will set up a high powered public inquiry with a view to abolishing the hopeless CSIRO and creation of a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? What no mention of the Middle Eastern Crime Squad? more
- Jonathon L Benson on ICAC: Chris Hartcher quits energy This, in my professional view, is the beginning of the end of the utterly hopeless O'Farrell government in NSW. Just ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? @Lis posting here - you are absolutely correct. I clearly recall a joker in the 1990's who was knocked back for entry into ... more
- Samuel J on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? @Craig - absolutely correct. The abject, disgraceful rotten mess that Gillard and Rudd the Dudd left the new Coalition ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? This reported outcome says a lot in regard to policies and practice pertaining to teacher selection, education, training and ... more
- James W on Aussie students are falling behind? A child's most important teacher/s are it's parents. more
- Jester4212 on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? @Bikinis. Riding against the traffic is without a doubt the worst idea and will definitely contribute to more fatalities. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? Another fine mess Australian kids are in! more
- Liz on Aussie students are falling behind? Our sub-standard teaching workforce is damaging the future of this country. A large number of teachers are inarticulate, ... more
- Amy on Aussie students are falling behind? If the teacher can not use a red pen to mark their work because it is too confrontational and they can never be FAILED and ... more
- Peter on Aussie students are falling behind? Doesn't matter how much money you throw at the education system! The student will only be as good as the teacher,teaching ... more
- Jester4212 on Handbook for men on women? This book sounds disgustingly stereotypical for both sexes. I really don't think this lady has a clue. more
- peter on Paul Hogan our Aussie Icon thanks to this natural person I started to find out my rights as an Australian more
- Craig on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? Labor projected this "they" never budgeted this it was in forward estimates and they could not see what was happening next ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? During daylight hours cyclists should ride towards the oncoming traffic to see what is coming at them, they aren't even ... more
Foreign aid cut for asylum housing
The Gillard Government is accused of breaking its trust with Australian people and the needy, by taking millions-of-dollars from the aid budget. $375m in foreign aid will be diverted to house asylum seekers.
Deputy Opposition Leader Julie Bishop says it's another example of the Government's economic incompetence.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Labor MPs have slammed the Gillard Government's decision to cut $375-million from the foreign aid budget.
The money will instead be redirected to help pay for food and housing for asylum seekers in Australia.
The move is also designed to help the Government achieve its budget surplus by next year.
Luke Bona reveals Labor backbencher Melissa Parke has told Fairfax Media she's angry at the party's stance on this issue.
Retailers expect shoppers to spend almost $12-billion within Australia this week in the run-up to Christmas, nearly twice as much as last week. Stuart Bocking reveals more than half will be going on credit.
A Facebook page has been set up by an Adelaide mother to organize a toy gun buy-back scheme. Is it an overreaction? Stuart Bocking looks at boys being boys, and if we can stop children playing with toy guns.
@HUGH - thank you for your thoughtful comments posted here.I too trust, hope and pray that when this thoroughly inept, proven incompetent, rotten labor party/greens party/turncoat minority socialist rorting government is booted that there will be a Royal Commission into it and the damned Unions that support it. I trust severe outcomes and indeed gaol sentences will be the order of the days of the future. I Rest my case, please God.Samuel Kyrikos Thursday 20 December, 2012 - 9:53 PM
So people complain when they give aid to overseas countries yet when the govt cuts it, they still complain, can't please everyone i guess,or maybe they're just whingers HELLO WHYALLA, still with us I see.lolDouglas Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 4:31 PM
@sonja silic; yes it is sadly true and very well said. It beggars belief that the lying deceiving mongrel Labor government are blatantly getting away with it and ignoring all the disgusting facts you have rightly noted here. There obviously must be a Royal Commission into this traitorous Labor government who are evidently sabotaging our nation at every given chance, 24/7. Very concerned Australians are demanding proper answers from this deceitful Labor government, obviously only through an essential broad referenced Royal Commission.HUGH Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 2:51 PM
WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for The
Gillard Government is accused of breaking its trust with Australian people
and the needychiropractor queens ny Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 11:15 AM
There is no way this utterly incompetent Gillard minority socialist 'government' can achieve a budget surplus within the next year! They are more than $147 billion dollars in debt - all borrowed money which has been wasted away like confetti. What a disgraceful band of deceitful, obstinate fools they really areJonathon L Benson Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 6:29 AM
375 millions have been cut from foreign aid ! Money that could have helped sick & starving children in camps ! Some are already assessed refugees just waiting for a country to take them in!
This Labor Government will spend this money on "Cashed Up , Illegal Criminala " who fly across numerous countries , only to then distroy all identities , pay thousands of dollars to then arrive here & get Australia on a " Silver Platter " !!!! These people don't even fit the UN definition of what is a genuine refugee !!
Never mind that we have our own homeless and a long public housing waiting list !!!
To think that there are people still out there supporting this government !!sonja silic Tuesday 18 December, 2012 - 5:09 PM