- War looming in the Middle East
- My religion needs fixing?
- Extremists the enemy of Islam
- Drug action in female prisons
- Bali arrest may affect Corby bail
- News Forum with Angela Catterns
- Regional relocation grants scrapped
- Bizarre evidence at union hearings
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- James W on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Does it matter? What is clear is that they were both better than the current one. more
- Tony on Stopping fighters heading overseas Why the hell stop them? If they want to go and fight and die in some desert cesspool then let them. How about we encourage ... more
- Cleangirl on "Fat" Clive Palmer is fair game? Fat is the new smoker. more
- Cleangirl on How to stop youth going jihadist? Islam seems to cost us big time, will we ever get any benefit, or is this money insurance ? more
- James W on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Cleangirl, are you saying that nearly all of those found guilty of sex offences against children, don't go to jail? more
- fabrizio on Parents at forefront of terror war? Most mulsims not terrorists and have spoken up against it.Just like most catholics are not child abusers. more
- Join the Q Society on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? Oh well, back to the car, no delays there, LOL. more
- Tejas on Labor's broken promises generation So many books have been written about Labor recently, add this one to the list.Indeed, their demise from controlling all ... more
- Greg O on Baird polls on the rise I am not surprised. This shows the people of NSW are at last starting to think. If the corruption scandals involving the ... more
- Luigi T Cassimatis on Cyclists party to contest next election We need them in there like we need a bike seat up our backside. Dear oh dear it gets worse day by day with these creeps and ... more
- Gary on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? My wife and I used our Opal cards on the weekend. Not one problem, worked faultlessly, best thing ever for public ... more
- Ben on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? 1) Opal cards must become anonymous as promised and not delivered.2) Opal card system has to be fixed so that one does not ... more
- Samuel J James on Baird polls on the rise @Paulo - there is no other political party with the necessary credentials, the integrity, perspicacity or the skills needed ... more
- paulo on Baird polls on the rise Time to throw liberals out of NSW and try others. more
- fabio on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Catholic church in the West is almost irrelevant and hypocritical .No lectures from them. more
- Cleangirl on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? He didn`t think before he spoke. So how about we ask the Judiciary why nearly all sex offences involving a child rarely get ... more
- Samuel J on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? This man is just a silly big fool. And the so called Vatican transferred this dunce to their Vatican thinking they would get ... more
- Tejas on Justin Smith's Ice Bucket Challenge Good on you Justin and to Brad Hazzard for accepting the challenge. That was a touching tribute to your mate, all in the ... more
- Angela Coombes on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Thia man is not worthy of his rank. It is little wonder right thinking people are deserting the Catholic church with this ... more
- Tony on Muslim leaders anti-terror law anger You know you are on the right track and doing the right thing when so many of these lunk heads complain. All these measures ... more
Foreign aid cut for asylum housing
The Gillard Government is accused of breaking its trust with Australian people and the needy, by taking millions-of-dollars from the aid budget. $375m in foreign aid will be diverted to house asylum seekers.
Deputy Opposition Leader Julie Bishop says it's another example of the Government's economic incompetence.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Labor MPs have slammed the Gillard Government's decision to cut $375-million from the foreign aid budget.
The money will instead be redirected to help pay for food and housing for asylum seekers in Australia.
The move is also designed to help the Government achieve its budget surplus by next year.
Luke Bona reveals Labor backbencher Melissa Parke has told Fairfax Media she's angry at the party's stance on this issue.
Retailers expect shoppers to spend almost $12-billion within Australia this week in the run-up to Christmas, nearly twice as much as last week. Stuart Bocking reveals more than half will be going on credit.
A Facebook page has been set up by an Adelaide mother to organize a toy gun buy-back scheme. Is it an overreaction? Stuart Bocking looks at boys being boys, and if we can stop children playing with toy guns.
@HUGH - thank you for your thoughtful comments posted here.I too trust, hope and pray that when this thoroughly inept, proven incompetent, rotten labor party/greens party/turncoat minority socialist rorting government is booted that there will be a Royal Commission into it and the damned Unions that support it. I trust severe outcomes and indeed gaol sentences will be the order of the days of the future. I Rest my case, please God.Samuel Kyrikos Thursday 20 December, 2012 - 9:53 PM
So people complain when they give aid to overseas countries yet when the govt cuts it, they still complain, can't please everyone i guess,or maybe they're just whingers HELLO WHYALLA, still with us I see.lolDouglas Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 4:31 PM
@sonja silic; yes it is sadly true and very well said. It beggars belief that the lying deceiving mongrel Labor government are blatantly getting away with it and ignoring all the disgusting facts you have rightly noted here. There obviously must be a Royal Commission into this traitorous Labor government who are evidently sabotaging our nation at every given chance, 24/7. Very concerned Australians are demanding proper answers from this deceitful Labor government, obviously only through an essential broad referenced Royal Commission.HUGH Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 2:51 PM
WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for The
Gillard Government is accused of breaking its trust with Australian people
and the needychiropractor queens ny Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 11:15 AM
There is no way this utterly incompetent Gillard minority socialist 'government' can achieve a budget surplus within the next year! They are more than $147 billion dollars in debt - all borrowed money which has been wasted away like confetti. What a disgraceful band of deceitful, obstinate fools they really areJonathon L Benson Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 6:29 AM
375 millions have been cut from foreign aid ! Money that could have helped sick & starving children in camps ! Some are already assessed refugees just waiting for a country to take them in!
This Labor Government will spend this money on "Cashed Up , Illegal Criminala " who fly across numerous countries , only to then distroy all identities , pay thousands of dollars to then arrive here & get Australia on a " Silver Platter " !!!! These people don't even fit the UN definition of what is a genuine refugee !!
Never mind that we have our own homeless and a long public housing waiting list !!!
To think that there are people still out there supporting this government !!sonja silic Tuesday 18 December, 2012 - 5:09 PM