- It's Time: Heralded era of new politics
- Anger at teen jihadist's threats
- Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM
- The Whisper: Waste at Tafe
- Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough
- Gough Whitlam: a giant of our time
- Time to help out Ebola regions?
- Too young for homework?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Laura on Accident hotspot: northern beaches Shocking, and thoughts go out to those personally affected; speedy recovery all. But let's have a proper (timely ... more
- Yusuf on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM Brain washed idiots. Lock them up and leave them there for life. more
- yusuf on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A man of real substance. My condolences to his family. more
- Yusuf on The Whisper: where burqa ban began Australia has its own values and freedoms and does not have to follow other countries. There are also examples of other ... more
- TEN FOUR... on Accident hotspot: northern beaches Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on The Whisper: where burqa ban began France saw fit to ban the burqa but "sorry" Australia did not? more
- Raumann Gagnon on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A great leader , a warm friend . Always honest in what he did and said . Faithful to his beliefs and ideas . He shall be ... more
- REALISTIC on Drivers not tested for cocaine use? Well that explains all of the constant madness and road rage etc going on in our streets...so what are our invisible 'police ... more
- THE WEATHER on Perfect storm strikes across Sydney Well its soaking wet and freezing cold, could it be man 'made global warming' in disguise? Without the big dry and the ... more
- Cleangirl on Apologise to a culture of complaint Apologise because someone may choose to take offence ? more
- Join the Q Society on Apologise to a culture of complaint Non offensive T Shirt should have the same wording but with the Islamic State Flag! more
- Patriot on Apologise to a culture of complaint Slick and pretentious Woolworths obviously lack charisma and they lack credibility too. Woolworths will lose even more ... more
- Tanya on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets What a lot of utter BS, When the Greens don't like something you know its OK. When has the truth become "Totally ... more
- WHAT POLICE? on Sydney violence a generation thing? Excuses, excuses! Amazingly even with record police numbers, it is a struggle to find our invisible police force i.e. huge ... more
- Troy on Hillsong, more than just a church So tired of hearing from this woman anytime Hillsong is mentioned. She hasn't been there in well over a decade. She couldn't ... more
- Mr Creepy on Are 'fun police' banning everything? We have all seen it. A poodle mounts the leg of a bigger dog. The expression on the poodles face is a little amusing, a ... more
- Voluptuous Hypothesis on Sydney to bathe in blood moon? Just in time to watch the moon die. Blood moon exsanguinated. Eclipse reached totality. Here, north of Dallas, the moon ... more
- Cleangirl on Labor Party 'Headed for the rocks' Labor has to stop the Left-wing senseless rhetoric, and start looking out for the workers, their families and get some ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane It was reported that Islamic State agents are travelling in fours with false passports, posing as refugees to enter Europe! ... more
Freedom of speech at risk?
Free speech may be at risk over changes to anti-discrimination laws according to many critics, particularly Paul Sheehan of SMH. Paul Murray speaks with him about abuse, hurt feeling and freedom of speech.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Prime Minister Julia Gillard joins Paul Murray on 2UE on A Sydney Morning live from the headquarters of SMH. Watch the video interview stream here. Join the Conversation on 2UE and have your say with our blog.
This is simply part of an attempt by the Greens and Labor to shut down criticism in the press and on forums such as this.David T. Tuesday 22 January, 2013 - 4:30 PM
This is the peercft way to break down this information.Reignbeau Tuesday 22 January, 2013 - 7:44 AM
@Peter posting here - well said indeed! Bipolar Nola is way, way out of her depth. Just to see her on the electronic media makes me ill. It looks like a base grade damned public service office assistant yet it is the damned labor rotten party Attorney General. The mess she made will take 10 plus years to mend. The silly looking feminazi that she is!Sandra M Monday 21 January, 2013 - 8:53 PM
So why does the one who is being brought before the unelected, unaccountable tribunal have to pay costs no matter what ??Johannes Monday 21 January, 2013 - 6:03 PM
The changes in the anti-discrimination laws are for one thing and one thing only.
To stop criticism!Peter Monday 21 January, 2013 - 3:29 PM
Free speech is our right to criticise and be criticised!
Roxan and her bunch of hurt feeling activists should grow up and get their collective heads out of their arses. Once you deny people a voice in defence of their opionion you will only fuel their dissent in the law of the land. Lets not make freedom of speech a crime based on truth or the lack there of!Peter Monday 21 January, 2013 - 10:30 AM